**Merged** This is Indeed a Dark Hour (The Jeff Hardy Champion Thread)

Frank the Frowner

Getting Noticed By Management
Tonight, the WWE made quite possibly one of the worst decisions it could have made. Jeff Hardy is the new WWE Champion.

Has the WWE not forgotten that this is a man who is one wellness policy failure from being fired? And don't give me the crap saying Orton is also one failure away. While that may be true, Orton has a wife and child he has to support. Chances are he's cleaning up his act, and the chances of him failing another drug test are really relatively slim. Jeff Hardy is a proven case of someone who has repeatedly been unreliable through his career. Early on in his career, he was notoriously late/no-showed to shows. He also began a drug habit. He refused to go to rehab, and wound up getting released. After making shitty music, he found his way over to TNA, and he eventually fucked that company over as well, no-showing a bunch of cards, including pay-per-views. He left the company on a no-show for a pay-per-view as well. It didn't matter if he was almost done with the company... he still had commitments to honor.

Let's not forget what happened this year. He had begun to turn a lot of people around, myself included, with how much he had improved in the ring, and it looked like he had cleaned himself up too. His feud with Orton had an awesome buildup, and while I was not a Jeff Hardy superfan, I had begun to respect him for finally starting to take things seriously. He had been in a position to win the Money in the Bank, and that's when he failed another drug test. Not only did he fuck over the company's plans, he also took up a spot for someone who would kill to be in that position. And then, upon his return, he was immediately saddled back into a main event role, when he should have been working his way back up.

And here we are now, with him beating Edge and Triple H, two superior wrestlers, for the WWE Championship, when quite frankly, he literally pissed it all away earlier this year. He should have been stuck in upper-midcard purgatory for at least until Wrestlemania, where at that point, it would have been apparent he was serious about staying off the meth. It seems every time he's poised for success he fucks it up somehow, and here we are now with him awarded the Championship. I really hope he was subject to a "random drug test" the moment he walked backstage for the first time with the WWE Title. Jeff Hardy is not the type of person who is going to cherish the responsibility he's just been given... and it's only a matter of time before he screws up yet again. It is going to be a real black eye for the company too, when the TMZs and Fox News's pick up that the WWE Champion has been fired for drug abuse. Even the WWE realizes he's a liability... the Survivor Series angle had him found unconscious in his hotel room. A couple of legitimate news sources actually picked that story up. If the suicide of a forgotten developmental wrestler can make the news, then something like that easily can.

Jeff Hardy is a liability and should not have been awarded the WWE Championship. With the old "Fool me once" saying, exactly how many times has he fooled the WWE, and who exactly should the "shame" be placed on? The man does not have a strong track record, and I think it's only a matter of time before the WWE regrets making this move. They will have deserved it too.

The fact that you have posted this rant 15 minutes after the PPV had ended is quite pathetic. Clearly you are not the biggest Jeff Hardy fan but the man has certainly paid his dues and entertained the masses. It's a smart business move as he's over with the fans and his merchandise sells well. You haven't even given Jeff a running chance and he has only been champion for 30 minutes. Before you judge, let's see how well his run with the title turns out. Assume nothing.

PS. For the love of god it's just wrestling.....don't take it so personally.

Pete, chill. Yes, Jeff is a risk, but it's wrestling. Almost everyone has some kind of drug problem. Do you really think we've heard about every drug bust so far? No way that someone like HHH or Batista hasn't either A, been warned or B just gotten a slap on the wrist. Sure Jeff messed up, but Vince McMahon, who love him or hate him knows more about this business than all of us put together, thought it was a good idea. The fans give him some of the biggest pops in the company and that's what it's all about. The fans are into him. If they fucked up, they'll hear about it. Jeff isn't a long term champion anyway. He and Matt are the same thing: their strength is in the chase, not the capture. Hardy's reign will be bad, simply because his style isn't the best for a world title level. It'll likely end at the Rumble or maybe NWO. Seriously, blown way out of proportion.

They did it way too soon that is what happened.

They should've saved this for Hardy at Wrestlemania. WWE likes to make special moments happen at Wrestlemania. What have we had in the last few ones, Undertaker wins, already knew that would happen. Cena get's booed twice and wins. Jeff Hardy is clearly the popular fans choice. Crowd loves him and no doubt even with his prior troubles Vince would've stuck the title on him to see if it'll draw ratings sooner or later. Is it safe, no, but as we've clearly seen in the last decade nothings safe. People get injured, die, suspended. So many title reigns in the past 5 years have been ruined by that stuff. So what if Jeff Fucks up and gets suspended. That'll be the third strike and all you non-Jeff Hardy fans could be happy because he'd be gone and he'd never ever get another shot at the title.

Now that being said, again, I'm pissed they didn't save this till Wrestlemania, but I guess with Jeff playing a part in pretty well every main event since Unforgiven, he had to win one match to not look weak. It'll be interesting to see where this goes from here and I won't really comment to much further till I see more, but I just think Vince should've done it at Wrestlemania, best time to rack in the ratings. Vince is firing off an early bullet with Hardy to see if he'll draw, let's watch and help him out, I mean, see if it works.

The fact that you have posted this rant 15 minutes after the PPV had ended is quite pathetic. Clearly you are not the biggest Jeff Hardy fan but the man has certainly paid his dues and entertained the masses. It's a smart business move as he's over with the fans and his merchandise sells well. You haven't even given Jeff a running chance and he has only been champion for 30 minutes. Before you judge, let's see how well his run with the title turns out. Assume nothing.

Will it still be a smart business decision if Jeff gets busted with any sort of drugs again, and gets fired, will it be good business when WWE has to explain to the public that one of the most over champions and someone kids look up to is nothign more than a drug addict and a fuck up, this guy is the face of the company now, less than a year after getting his second strike right before the biggest push of his career was about to happen, Jeff Hardy has paid no dues, Jeff Hardy has done nothing to warrant him deserving the WWE title, WWE has just sent out the message that it doesn't matter what you do, evan if you are a drug addict and refuse to admit you have a problem and refuse to get help for that problem, your dreams can still come true, great message to send to all the kids WWE real good business move:thumbsup::rolleyes:

The fact that you have posted this rant 15 minutes after the PPV had ended is quite pathetic.

I was online to begin with, read the results and posted, because I knew it would make a good topic and spark some debate, which is what the forums are intended to do... especially after something like this happens. It's not like it took me long either. Jeff's a fuck-up through and through, so it's easy to bring up examples. But yeah, you keep up the ad hominem attacks. I'm not the subject of debate here. Jeff Hardy is.

Clearly you are not the biggest Jeff Hardy fan but the man has certainly paid his dues and entertained the masses.

Like Justin said, exactly what dues has he paid? He's fucked up every time the WWE seems prepared to get a push going for him.

It's a smart business move as he's over with the fans and his merchandise sells well. You haven't even given Jeff a running chance and he has only been champion for 30 minutes. Before you judge, let's see how well his run with the title turns out. Assume nothing.

And again, like Justin said, it's a disasterous business move if the next random drug test just so happened to be tonight before the PPV and it comes back positive... which in the case of Jeff Hardy, is always in the realm of possibility. They're trying to market to kids, and that would be kind of a rough media crisis for the WWE to handle. Being the champion means being the #1 on the brand, and one of the faces of the company. I don't think him being champion is going to sell any extra t-shirts... he has his fanbase already set, namely little kids and fat girls. And with his track record, there's no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt... he's going to screw up sooner or later.

Explain how I was taking it personally, please. I disagree with the decision to put the belt on an established fuckup.

I'm not really against Hardy as champion but it does seem like WWE pissed a great opportunity away or did they? Maybe Edge will invoke his re-match clause this Friday night on SmackDown and regain the gold. Then Jeff goes on to the Rumble, wins that, goes on to Wrestlemania and wins the title again. It would make sense. Jeff Hardy's career or journey has been a series of setbacks. What better than for him to finally get that 'brass ring' only to lose it five days later? Then he has to climb back up the ladder all over again. As somebody said, Jeff is a better chaser, not the ideal champion, no matter how over he is.

This was just the WWE throwing the title picture on its head to keep the marks (like me) on their toes. It's unpredictable and I like it, Jeff's past and personal demons aside. The moment he fails some sort of drug test (if he does), they can have him drop the title back to HHH or Edge on RAW, SmackDown or a house show, just like RVD back when he held not one, but TWO major titles. Jeff Hardy as WWE Champion in my opinion will be exactly as RVD was; transitional. They're in the same boat. RVD was ridiculously over as well and ended up getting busted with marijuana. Then he dropped the gold. Sure, if the same or something similar, or worse, happens to Jeff, it will be a black eye for the WWE. No one said it wasn't risky but aren't we the same people who always bitch and moan about the WWE being predictable?

When they finally do something unpredictable, we still find a way to bitch and moan! I mean, come on. If Jeff Hardy DID not win tonight as predicted, went on to the Rumble and won that as predicted, then went on to Wrestlemania and won the title THERE as predicted... well, you catch my drift. Unpredictability is GOOD. Risk sometimes, well, calculated risks are good for business, especially in sports ENTERTAINMENT business where the fans constantly surf the internet for backstage news trying to find out the card for Wrestlemania six months before it's booked.

The only bad side from this, in my opinion, is that Edge has like six World title reigns and most, if not all were transitional. Seriously, Edge was never meant to be a dominant champion but if the only reason they put the title on him so he could drop it to Hardy because HHH didn't want to lay down, well then Vince needs to grow a set and tell his Goddamn son in law that he needs to stop being a dick. I know "Hunter" is married to the boss's daughter but who the fuck is the chairman? Just saying.

And again, like Justin said, it's a disasterous business move

Last time I checked the Wrestling business was about giving the fans what they want and in turn making money. The majority of wrestling fans have wanted Hardy to be champion for a long time and the WWE couldn't ignore that. Yes he has fucked up numerous times, but right now he isn't doing anything wrong. And its not like they gave him the belt at Wrestlemania. Its just Armageddon. The ppv right after Survivor Series and right before the Royal Rumble. The WWE just needed to give the fans something unexpected and they did.

They're trying to market to kids, and that would be kind of a rough media crisis for the WWE to handle.

Im pretty sure if the WWE can handle the crisis of one of their superstars killing his family then they could handle one of their superstars being a drug addict.

It happened to early. This could've been a Wrestlemania moment, and if they had held it off til then, Jeff would have proved that he is finally off drugs. But still, I think Jeff's going to realise now that he's got the title that he is the face of the brand and the company. Cool your jets Pete, you haven't even given him a chance yet. He may be a really good WWE champion, he may be a bad one. He may stay off the drugs forever, or he may be caught tomorrow with the. I don't think Jeff would be stupid enough to start using drugs again now that he's got the title, and lets hope that he thinks so too.

Same old sh*t. Edge, the best thing the WWE has going for it has the title for only a month before they give the belt to that substance abusing rat Hardy. Clearly that selfish dick HHH was never going to lay down to him so Edge, the man he is, does it instead.

Screw Vince and the WWE

Some would argue that this win came too late for Hardy, not too early. If I remember correctly, someone here (Rusty?) was "lobbying" for the win to come at Survivor Series so as not to let the fans get sick of the chasing.

This is not the move I do not pretend to understand, and instead, Triple H's loss to Edge at Survivor Series baffles me. Why would the WWE take the belt off HHH only to give it to Hardy anyway? Vicki could have easily set up the Triple Threat match at Armageddon anyway, with HHH still holding onto the strap. That way Jeff Hardy would've really and truly finally won the big one: with HHH as champ, and not ever pinned -- that doesn't matter. The transition of the World Title is what bothers me. Edge held it for what, a week? This is the WORLD TITLE we're talking about, not the Hardcore Championship.

I hope that now Hardy holds on to that belt for all of 2009. I hope his reign lasts as long as Triple H's did earlier in history, or Cena's. I am sick of the World Titles being passed around like $2 ****s. They did the same thing with Jericho, Batista and Cena. And I was pissed about it then. I am still pissed. I am pissed about this now.

I think after all the chasing, after all the blood, sweat and tears, and all the build up, he deserves a decent reign. Shit, SmackDown deserves a fresh and decent champion. Triple H has done his job, now let the "youngsters" carry the ball for a while.

Regardless, I think it was only a matter of time before Jeff's chase culminated, and the end of 08 was as fine a time as any. If they had held off until Mania, until what's it, March of 09? the momentum would've definitely been lost. They built Jeff and build Jeff and build Jeff as someone who came O THIS CLOSE all the time, and now he's finally done it. A great culmination to a nicely built up dream. I would love for this to start the "serious era" of Jeff Hardy where he stops pretending he is a young kid and realizes he is a WORLD CHAMPION. But that's in my dreams.

Much like Edge not winning it back on SmackDown on Friday, and the WWE not dropping the ball yet again.

Ideally, I'd have loved to see this at Mania, but I think the WWE has made a smart move here. There was no real way to sustain the push with so many people in the Main Event, he had to take the belt now.

Plus, with his history of messing up, putting the strap on Hardy now makes more sense than doing it via a Rumble win or Chamber win, because he'll have weeks being publically announced in the Main event at WM, which if he does muck up again (personally, I don't think he will, I think the fire has genuinely made him realise this is all he has), it's not as embarassing as it could be.

For all of those saying that this is a huge risk, it isnt as big as you make it out to be. Firstly, if Jeff (god forbid) fails a drug test then rather he do it now than at wrestlemania. I also think that this could be the wakeup call Jeff needs. It's also sort of like a trail run for Jeff. I think that a long title run is just around the corner for Jeff, but Vince wants Jeff to prove himself. I think Jeff will probably loose his title sometime between RR and WM25. I reckon Vince is saving Jeffs long title run for a RR win in 2010 and a title win at WM26, but Jeff may get the strap for another short reign between when he looses his current title and the 2010 RR. Whatever the case is, provided that Jeff doesnt screw this title reign up, then the Jeff Hardy era is coming and it's coming soon.

And another thing. It's hardly fair to Jeff that PeteRose'sHaircut bagged out Jeffs reign when it's less than 24 hours old. Give the guy a chance to prove that he's a good champion and i think he will prove that.

Please tell me how this is a risk again? ok well he has HAD some drug problems. he is over them now. as you can tell he would get a couple of tests every week before today happened to prove to vince that he wont stuff up. he loves is wrestling . he hates sitting and watching wrestlemania from his couch. he hates it when he isn't travelling with his brother. he has had a very hard 8 drug free months and he knows that if he stuffs up he will never be abel to have the chance to wrestle again so he wont stuff up. and when he retires i will just log back onto this website and laugh at all the people who doubted him. not really but i will say told ya so!

This is great. I've wanted Jeff Hardy to win the big one for a long time now. I've been a fan of the Hardy's since 2002. Unfortunately, I missed the pay per view but I will watch the triple threat match for the WWE Title within the next 24 hours hopefully. I was beginning to think that Jeff was never going to win the title. I fully expected Edge to retain here at Armageddon. But I mean, I really wanted Jeff to defeat Edge for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 25. It could have been a great Wrestlemania main event. I love the fact that Jeff Hardy is now the WWE Champion, but there's several problems with it.

The first problem is that he won it in a triple threat match. So after all these one on one title shots that have been given to him, he wins the title in a three way match. Thus proving that he is not worthy to win the title in a singles match. This tells me that the WWE obviously doesn't have much faith in Jeff at the present moment. The next problem is that it makes Edge's reign look like utter shit. Edge shockingly returned at Survivor Series, to win the title but to also lose it to Hardy next month? Seriously, what was the point in Edge winning in the first place.

Next problem is that everyone is dumbfounded as to what the Smackdown Wrestlemania main event is going to be. Jeff Hardy going into Wrestlemania 25 as the WWE Champion is quite pointless, seeing as it would be better if he won the title at the big pay per view rather than defending the title. Which means that Hardy will likely drop the title to either Edge or Triple H before WM25, which means we are going in circles here and we aren't getting anywhere fast. This leads me to my next problem which is an issue that the WWE really needs to prevent.

Shocking World Title changes are great, but when they happen all the time it's a negative thing. The World Titles are changing hands much too often nowadays, especially in 2008. It's gotten to the point where it's almost unbearable. Long title reigns usually benefit the champion, but short reigns are never good for anyone. It's nice that the WWE finally gave Hardy the belt, but I really hope he doesn't lose it in the near future. It totally devalues the WWE Title when it is being treated like a ****e. This applies to the World Heavyweight Title as well. If Hardy reigns through Wrestlemania, I'll be more than pleased. But I doubt that will happen.

And why are people so upset that Jeff won the title? You're telling me that Hardy is the only World Champion to have taken drugs in the past? I'm sure Batista has never taken any type of drug before :rolleyes: And what about Edge and Randy Orton? Haven't they been given a warning or a suspension before for the same reason as Jeff? Plus, it seems as Jeff Hardy is over his drug addiction anyway. If he fucks up one more time, get rid of him. Simple as that. This was a great moment for Jeff and for both of the Hardy brothers. Matt Hardy is the ECW Champion and Jeff Hardy is the WWE Champion. These two have proven, that they truly broke out as singles stars despite being one of the best tag teams in the history of professional wrestling. I just really hope Hardy keeps the WWE Title for a while, otherwise this will seem like a pointless move, which is not what the WWE needs right now.

Somebody explain to me how Jeff Hardy hasn't paid his fucking dues to be WWE champ; the man has abused his physically for than any other superstar in history and he's extremely over with the fans. I was getting pissed they kept putting him in the main event but wouldn't let him win the belt. The only thing that pisses me of is Edge got screwed because Triple H didn't want to lose to Jeff so Edge got the belt to do it which is utter bullshit. But besides that I'm happy Jeff won the belt.

I agree 100% with everything Pete has said. Hardy should not be holding the title. I understand that him as champion is good for business, but its to much of a liability. Does the WWE not realize his history? Hardy has been plagued with drug issues for years. And most recently its been occurring specifically during a big push for him. Is this not a show targeted for kids? What would happen if he fucks up again and it was all over the news that the WWE's current champion was fired cause of constant drug issues? Sure as hell wouldn't be good for the WWE that's for sure. It's sad really apparently hard work and staying clean does not guarantee success in the WWE, But fucking up multiple times does.

I am glad Jeff won. It keeps things fresh. I wanted a Mania win, but I'll take it here as the match was awesome and exciting. Jeff will be a good champ, because the crowd is behind him. There are no mixed reactions with Jeff (like Cena), and he is definitely ready in my eyes.

I thought he was ready at SS, but Trips is a bitch and wouldn't lay down to him cleanly. Thank you Edge for being a professional and putting the fans and the business first.

Now everyone is wondering what the SD! Mania Main Event will be because the IWC thought Hardy would win the Rumble...I'll predict now.

Hardy will carry the strap into Mania against the Undertaker. I think that is an awesome main event, and I think Vince will go with it. Someone on RAW will win the rumble...maybe Orton I have no clue, but I predict a RAW superstar to win it.

SD! Main event at the rumble will be a Fatal 4 Way including Kozlov. Hardy will be the 1st to pin Kozlov which will really build him up. Taker will in the Elimination Chamber at NWO and then go into Mania vs. Hardy. Only way I think Trips will go to Mania vs Hardy is if he is a heel. Face Trips vs. Hardy has run its course. Thoughts?

This is not a dark hour for the WWE because they will sell more merchandise and more people will watch.

So, the WWE puts the title on Jeff Hardy, and as expected, pretty much everyone hates it. Well, get the fuck over it. The WWE have made a fucking good decision in putting the belt on Hardy. Why? Because from a business standpoint it's the best thing they could have done. On SD! Hardy sells the most merchandise, and is only behind Cena overall in the WWE, so why shouldn't he have the title? In 1999 the title was spread between the two top merchandise sellers, The Rock and Stone Cold, and I know Jeff Hardy is not either of those two but in merchandise terms he is just as good. Only one strike away from being fired? Give the guy a fucking chance to prove himself. Will he fucked up again? Who knows.. but we can't be sure until we give him the chance to prove himself. Hardy now has the chance to cement his place in the WWE, so he won't fuck that up for anything, because winning the WWE Title was everything to him.

Jeff Hardy sucks, the WWE sucks, this whole damn busines now officially sucks.

Let's look past the obvious, Triple H gets out of not being pinned by Jeff Hardy with the Swanton, yet a fucking gain. The ridulousness of this man refusing to lay on his back and get pinned is beyond aggravitating.

Onto Jeff Hardy. Hip Hip Hooray. The crowd of spot monkey loving, no talent having, no promo skills ever ability Jeff Hardy, your day has come, congratulations. Now lets wait for strike number 6, er three, to happen and Jeff be banished, the WWE have it's newest Benoit situation on hand.

Jeff Hardy, the man that left the company in 2002 because he was told to clean up his act, but instead took his travelling circus act called in ring ability down south. TNA, Jeff Hardy walks out of the company being a junky along the way, only to come back to the WWE and fail a drug test while WWE IC champion. Comes back, is pushed to the moon with big wins over HBK, and all behold the mighty rollup victory over Triple H. He gets a pay per view title match vs. Randy Orton and is in line to win the Money in the Bank match, when lo and behold, the man fails another drug test. So 2 official failed drug test, and leaving two companies later, Jeff Hardy is the man.

The WWE has proven itself once again to be the pinnacle of awesomeness. I mean, with it's kid friendly approach now, what better symbol to have as champion of one brand then Jeff Hardy. You know, the one strike away from a perma pink slip. The WWE should be ashamed of itself, as usual.

To say Jeff doesn't deserve the title is an absolute joke. Of course he deserves it. He gets the biggest face pop in all of WWE right now, which on its own warrants him to be champion. Combine that with the fact that has an awesome workrate, how long he has had to wait for the title reign, and has probably the best story to be told from anyone on WWE's roster, no one can suggest he doesn't deserve it and expect to be taken seriously.

Sure, people will argue that he is a drug addict, blah blah blah, but fact is that there is not a single bit of evidence to suggest he has touched the stuff since returning to WWE. Someone will throw up the flag now and bring up that he has two strikes on the Wellness Policy, but a Wellness Policy violation is not exclusively down to drug use. And since WWE have never released any official reasons for those two strikes, then no one can say he has ever touched a drug since returning.

There you go, Jeff does deserve this title run, and he has deserved it for a while. I do believe throwing away a WrestleMania moment at a PPV as low as Armageddon was a silly idea, but this way at least the months leading to Mania are wide open.

EDIT: And why is everyone assuming that HHH made the decision to not take the pin? Face pins Heel, that is how it works, get over it.

To say Jeff doesn't deserve the title is an absolute joke. Of course he deserves it. He gets the biggest face pop in all of WWE right now, which on its own warrants him to be champion. Combine that with the fact that has an awesome workrate, how long he has had to wait for the title reign, and has probably the best story to be told from anyone on WWE's roster, no one can suggest he doesn't deserve it and expect to be taken seriously..

Yes, because guys like Ted Dibiase, Roddy Piper, Curt Hennig, Scott Hall, Rick Rude, Jake Roberts.... yadda yadda yadda, weren't only better, but a thousand times better and more over then Jeff Hardy ever could hope to be. What workrate does Jeff Hardy have, the ability to take a bump, that's it. He's botchtastic at best, spotty at worst. The whisper in the wind is one of the msot terrible moves in the history of the business, the running along the railings is oh so awesome, because you never know when he's going to botch that as well.

there is a list a mile long of wrestlers past and present that deserve the title more then a four time failiing drug addict that doesn't respect the business.

Sure, people will argue that he is a drug addict, blah blah blah, but fact is that there is not a single bit of evidence to suggest he has touched the stuff since returning to WWE. Someone will throw up the flag now and bring up that he has two strikes on the Wellness Policy, but a Wellness Policy violation is not exclusively down to drug use. And since WWE have never released any official reasons for those two strikes, then no one can say he has ever touched a drug since returning..

Well he is a drug addict, and he failed the Wellness policy for substance related issues, not for poor attitude. You may not know what he failed, but he was suspended for substance abuse of some kind. The WWE differentiates between conduct violation and substance violation. So to say he wasn't on something is just being a Jeff Hardy apologist, plain and simple.

There you go, Jeff does deserve this title run, and he has deserved it for a while. I do believe throwing away a WrestleMania moment at a PPV as low as Armageddon was a silly idea, but this way at least the months leading to Mania are wide open.

EDIT: And why is everyone assuming that HHH made the decision to not take the pin? Face pins Heel, that is how it works, get over it..

LAWLS, so that's the overwhelming compelling evidence as to why Jeff Hardy deserves the title, woo hoo. So now I should campaign for Jim Duggan to win. After all, he won the Royal Rumble and has been over with the fans for 20 plus years now, the guy obviously deserves the world title.

The reason the WWE didn't waste a WWE Wrestlemania moment, because they don't want another one of these to happen.

BenoitGuerrero.jpg

or

RVD_2Belts_2.jpg

It wouldn't look to good to have your company champion fail out and publically embarass your company. When Jeff Hardy strikes out, and the company gets yet another black eye, I'll be the one there to say I told you so. If you come on these forums and defend Jeff Hardy and the WWE and are pissed with the media attackign the company, it's on you Hardy fan.

Oh and yes, Jeff Hardy beating Triple H needed to happen, considering Triple H has never taken the Swanton for a pinfall victory during this year long feud. Jeff Hardys feud has been with Triple H, and beating Triple H for the title is what needed to happen. It now simply looks like Edge was brought back to be the guy to lay down for Jeff because Triple H was too good to pass the title to him.

I understand, first off, why some are unsatisfied with the decision. Hardy has had drug problems. I'm gonna give you another wrestler who took drugs. You ready? No, really, are you? Because this is a big one. Hulk Hogan. Look, it's okay, you'll get past this. Hogan did steroids. Look at Hogan in his prime. Look at him. That's a body built by steroids. Yeah, sorry. How about another one? This one isn't even steroids. You want another? Shawn Michaels. Oh, yeah. Remember the pot smoking? Remember that little suspension for HBK that fueled, what was it exactly? I seem to recall a ladder match, it went over pretty well. That Michaels, he turned out alright, didn't he? So whether your problem is A) With drugs in general or B) With pot, there's two guys for you. Yeah.

Maybe it's the two strikes that are going against you. Let me ask you a question - how big of a moron do you actually take Hardy for? He just won the WWE Championship. How is that not damn near the biggest incentive to not get high in the world? He's on top of his world. He just went over two of the best in the world. He's holding the most prestigious championship in professional wrestling. And do you think he'd honestly blow that with drugs? He's gotten suspended twice, but what did he ever have keeping him down? The second time, a vague hope or promise maybe of a championship. Now? He's got the biggest title there is. If Hardy is actually stupid enough to get suspended while champion, I swear to all of you, I will eat my hat, your hat, and anyone else's hat in the general vicinity.

Alright. So I've made my case on the drugs. What else is there. Lack of ring talent, okay, spot monkey, okay. Guess what? No one cares. No-one. Face it - wrasslin' ain't what it used to be. We don't get 60 minute technical bouts filled with holds and reversals. I'm not saying they're bad, I'm not saying I don't enjoy them. I'm saying they're dead because the general wrestling fandom - the 99% that do not belong to internet wrestling forums and rant about this kind of stuff - they don't care. They get bored. We saw Hardy and Koslov get mauled by the fans in Boston for trying to put on an old school match. So, Hardy is a spot monkey. Frankly, I don't believe that 100%. His specialty is certainly in high flying maneuvers, big spots, etc., etc. I've seen him get technical without getting boring. I've seen him wrestle Shelton Benjamin in technically oriented bouts, punctuated here and there by high spots. Hardy is not your Flair or your Hart in terms of technical ability, but he can pull it off. And more importantly? The spots entertain, which is the point. His ladder matches, his TLC matches, his table matches, those get the crowd more riled up than anything. Can he get technical? To an extent, yes. But, he accomplishes the goal - to entertain - damn near better than anyone when he's pulling off spots. Maybe he is a spot monkey, but hey - he's a spot monkey who entertains the hell of out of the fans.

Promo ability? Jeff has improved tenfold with his semi-new gimmick. The face paint promos, the extreme promos, are so much more improved than what we've seen out of Hardy for a long time. Hey, he's no lord of the mic. He doesn't have to be. As mentioned above, he's entertaining the vast majority of the fans in his ring, with the spots. The fans buy into Hardy, clearly Hardy is over like a bastard, so he's got to be doing something right. Frankly, Jeff has been telling us a hell of a story since Septemberish, assisted by Triple H, Koslov, Edge, and a little bit of 'Taker, and I suspect the story is going to continue until Wrestlemania.

Furthermore, let's face facts. Hardy is over. He's so over, it isn't funny. He's more over than Triple H, like it or not. The fans go nuts for him. They've gone crazy with anticipation for his win, that final moment, the Cinderella story to finish with Jeff standing glorious with the WWE Championship. I daresay the only face more over than Hardy is John Cena. Something else that comes with the overness is that he is a merchandising machine. Go look at WWE.com's top ten sellers. You'll find that as far as wrestler specific merchandise goes, Hardy has the top 3 selling items (the only thing outselling him is a gift bag, which doesn't count so much as it is the holidays) and the second best selling T-shirt. In short? He sells. He makes money, and it's all about the monaayy. I couldn't tell you honestly, but I would not be surprised if Jeff was outselling Cena at this point. If he isn't, he's certainly in second. And considering Cena is on Raw while Hardy is on SD, someone explain to me how it is not good for business to have your two biggest merchandising machines holding championships.

I've made my case. The drugs don't matter. His ring work entertains everyone except smarks, and unfortunately for them, the smarks represent a drastically small but vocal minority of fans. His promos suffice, he's either the most of the second most over face in the business, and he's either the top seller or the second best seller of merchandise. I defy you to logically explain to me why Jeff Hardy should not be WWE Champion.

Armegeddon was one of the worst ppvs and WWE is currently hit a all time low. I think I might even start to watch TNA again but they at least they push sting. Jeff hardy is one of the worst performers ever [he doesnt have the wrestling ability to be a wrestler] and smackdown hit a all time low, raw has to. Cena is crap and jericho is superstar of the year, you see WWE sucks with their choices, there is no right company out there now. Where was the good wwe in like 2003? they came to the worst performers out there, Hardys and Cena are champs and they both Suck!

I understand, first off, why some are unsatisfied with the decision. Hardy has had drug problems. I'm gonna give you another wrestler who took drugs. You ready? No, really, are you? Because this is a big one. Hulk Hogan. Look, it's okay, you'll get past this. Hogan did steroids. Look at Hogan in his prime. Look at him. That's a body built by steroids. Yeah, sorry. How about another one? This one isn't even steroids. You want another? Shawn Michaels. Oh, yeah. Remember the pot smoking? Remember that little suspension for HBK that fueled, what was it exactly? I seem to recall a ladder match, it went over pretty well. That Michaels, he turned out alright, didn't he? So whether your problem is A) With drugs in general or B) With pot, there's two guys for you. Yeah..

Wow, such a wonderful intro. You sure got me. Well lets begin with a thing called culture. In culture, it evolves. Somethings that are taboo now, weren't taboo. Hence steroids, cocaine and all of that. In the 80's when people say everyone was doing it, they meant everyone was doing it. In that culture, young boys were exposed to the world of GI Joe, He-Man, Arnold, and yes, Hulk Hogan. Does it make it right, in hindsight no, but it wasn't socially taboo at the time.

Since then, we've had Major League Baseball essentially be destroyed do to it's players and drugs, stringent, heavily enforced drug policies in almost every major sport, and business place. In the 25 years since Hulkamania was born, society as a whole has taken a stronger stance on drugs, whether it be private businesses drug screening, or professional sports dropping the hammer on athletes.

Hulk Hogan took a huge PR hit when he was on trial and admitted steroid use. So much so that in WCW, he had to re-invent himself. Hollywood Hulk Hogan was a by product of the legit heat that Hulk Hogan the man had. They took a bad thing, and turned it into a good thing, and Hogan has reinvented himself, and has at least admitted that he was on the juice.

Likewise with shawn Michaels. Now, if you want to bring HBK up, I simply ask you, why. You refer to smarks, and smarkiness, yet you don't realize that HBK is the king of the smarks. HBK is only a draw in his own mine, so to throw out HBK's name as something of significance, it's greatly flawed to do the overall smarkiness of it. Oh, and the difference between Jeff Hardy and HBK, HBK has at least admitted that he was a different person. Some see HBK's four year absence from the business as punishment enough, Karma kicking him in the ass. Jeff Hardy has never once admitted he has a problem, which is a problem.

Maybe it's the two strikes that are going against you. Let me ask you a question - how big of a moron do you actually take Hardy for? He just won the WWE Championship. How is that not damn near the biggest incentive to not get high in the world? He's on top of his world. He just went over two of the best in the world. He's holding the most prestigious championship in professional wrestling. And do you think he'd honestly blow that with drugs? He's gotten suspended twice, but what did he ever have keeping him down? The second time, a vague hope or promise maybe of a championship. Now? He's got the biggest title there is. If Hardy is actually stupid enough to get suspended while champion, I swear to all of you, I will eat my hat, your hat, and anyone else's hat in the general vicinity..

Actually, I take Jeff Hardy to be a huge moron. So you reward people fors tupididy. Instead of dangling the golden carrot in front of them, you give them the carrot and hope they don't do something to embarass you in the process. Yup, that really worked with Rob Van Dam. Jeff Hardy was in the middle of big pushes every single time he was suspended. Whether it was in 2002 when he feuded with the freakign Undertaker and went toe to toe with him in a ladder match, or when tNA was pushing him to the moon and making him the number one guy in the company. Or giving him the number 2 title on a brand, or giving him a shot at Money in the Bank, where every winner has gone on to win the title that won that match. Jeff Hardy has a track record, and it's not in his favor, and if you don't see that, you're simply a jeff Hardy apologist.

Alright. So I've made my case on the drugs. What else is there. Lack of ring talent, okay, spot monkey, okay. Guess what? No one cares. No-one. Face it - wrasslin' ain't what it used to be. We don't get 60 minute technical bouts filled with holds and reversals. I'm not saying they're bad, I'm not saying I don't enjoy them. I'm saying they're dead because the general wrestling fandom - the 99% that do not belong to internet wrestling forums and rant about this kind of stuff - they don't care. They get bored. We saw Hardy and Koslov get mauled by the fans in Boston for trying to put on an old school match. So, Hardy is a spot monkey. Frankly, I don't believe that 100%. His specialty is certainly in high flying maneuvers, big spots, etc., etc. I've seen him get technical without getting boring. I've seen him wrestle Shelton Benjamin in technically oriented bouts, punctuated here and there by high spots. Hardy is not your Flair or your Hart in terms of technical ability, but he can pull it off. And more importantly? The spots entertain, which is the point. His ladder matches, his TLC matches, his table matches, those get the crowd more riled up than anything. Can he get technical? To an extent, yes. But, he accomplishes the goal - to entertain - damn near better than anyone when he's pulling off spots. Maybe he is a spot monkey, but hey - he's a spot monkey who entertains the hell of out of the fans.

Promo ability? Jeff has improved tenfold with his semi-new gimmick. The face paint promos, the extreme promos, are so much more improved than what we've seen out of Hardy for a long time. Hey, he's no lord of the mic. He doesn't have to be. As mentioned above, he's entertaining the vast majority of the fans in his ring, with the spots. The fans buy into Hardy, clearly Hardy is over like a bastard, so he's got to be doing something right. Frankly, Jeff has been telling us a hell of a story since Septemberish, assisted by Triple H, Koslov, Edge, and a little bit of 'Taker, and I suspect the story is going to continue until Wrestlemania.

Furthermore, let's face facts. Hardy is over. He's so over, it isn't funny. He's more over than Triple H, like it or not. The fans go nuts for him. They've gone crazy with anticipation for his win, that final moment, the Cinderella story to finish with Jeff standing glorious with the WWE Championship. I daresay the only face more over than Hardy is John Cena. Something else that comes with the overness is that he is a merchandising machine. Go look at WWE.com's top ten sellers. You'll find that as far as wrestler specific merchandise goes, Hardy has the top 3 selling items (the only thing outselling him is a gift bag, which doesn't count so much as it is the holidays) and the second best selling T-shirt. In short? He sells. He makes money, and it's all about the monaayy. I couldn't tell you honestly, but I would not be surprised if Jeff was outselling Cena at this point. If he isn't, he's certainly in second. And considering Cena is on Raw while Hardy is on SD, someone explain to me how it is not good for business to have your two biggest merchandising machines holding championships.

I've made my case. The drugs don't matter. His ring work entertains everyone except smarks, and unfortunately for them, the smarks represent a drastically small but vocal minority of fans. His promos suffice, he's either the most of the second most over face in the business, and he's either the top seller or the second best seller of merchandise. I defy you to logically explain to me why Jeff Hardy should not be WWE Champion.

Drugs do matter, in ring ability does matter, and promo ability matters. He maybe over, but there have been plenty of people over in the history of this business, more over then Jeff Hardy ever was, yet Jeff Hardy gets the chance to hold onto the gold, while others haven't. How in the hell does that work? A guy like Jeff Hardy has shown absolutely zero respect for the business for at least the last six years. He's taken everythign that any company has ever given to him, and then ran away from it into the wonderful world of substance abuse. The guy is a disgrace to the WWE and it's championship. The guy gets over by simple circus trickery, that's about it. When Jeff Hardy is 35 and can't walk, will all his fans still care about him. When a guy like Triple H is able to wrestle and be over with a safe style well into his fourties, where will Jeff hardy be. He'll be at home, limping and bent over because the style he wrestles will only let his body last for oh so long. Jeff Hardy should not be WWE champion, because the WWE is a kid friendly show now. A great example to set to children around the world, be disrespectful, and addict, and not care about the business you work for, and ultimately you can just paint your face up and get to the top of the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back