• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*Merged* Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 25; What should happen?

Chain Gang MVP

Dark Match Winner
I remember reading an interview where Austin said that he had one more match left in him. With Wrestlemania being held in Texas next year, I can't think of a better place for it to happen. So I'm just wondering who you people feel would be the best oppenent for Austin.

If I had to choose, I would go with Cena. I see Cena as the closest thing WWE will get to a star with the level of mainstream popularity that Austin had. A feud and match against one of the biggest stars of all time would do wonders for Cena's career and popularity. It would also give Cena an opportunity to turn heel. The PPV buyrates would probably be off the roof.

The only other possible opponent that I see as a better choice is Hogan, but that is highly unlikely to happen.

Honestly I believe if it was booked right, epecially since it's in Texas... I think they should go with Austin vs. HBK. They both work really well together & from what we all remember the last encounter they had for the title @ Wrestlemania 14 eleven years ago, it would be great to see these two relive that moment one more time. We never got to see the rematches following Mania 14 cuz of Shawn's early retirement, but to see these 2 performers put on a match in their homestate would be money..money.. yeah yeah. :suckit: :flipa:

I agree. Austin vs. Hogan is really the only thing I could see out of Austin. He's burned out. This dream match would be the only matchup worth having Austin come out of retirement and risk further injury.

Neither Austin or Cena could benefit from a match together, unless Cena were in the midst of a major heel run.

It depends, but the most legitimate options I'd say are...

Austin versus Hogan
--As stated by Fierce above, the match would suck, but it would instantly sell tons of tickets. If Hogan says he has one more match outside of this, then Austin should go over clean. If they both want this to be their final match, then I say make it a draw, just out of respect for what both did for wrestling.

Austin versus HBK
--Even though I like HBK more than Austin, for his final match, Austin should win. This would definitely steal the show due to how big of a draw they both are, on top of how HBK consistently delivers at WrestleMania. However, it might be a little too much to have HBK in a "fairwell match" twice in a row at WM, and the two don't have a huge history together, so this probably wouldn't happen.

Austin versus Cena
--It would be a bad match, but its possible, especially with Austin winning in the end.

I can't really see Austin/HHH, Austin/Undertaker, Austin/Batista, Austin/Edge, Austin/Orton, or any of the other big names really fitting into this category.

I suppose from the WWE’s standpoint, the ultimate situation they could hope for would be Austin Vs Rock; which would draw to high hell. I doubt it will happen, and I doubt it would be that good if it did, but I suspect that the WWE is still secretly hoping they’ll be able to persuade Mr. Johnson (by means of a huge pay check) to come back for one final match.

If they can’t get The Rock, the Michaels is probably the obvious choice. He’s got a good record when it comes to carrying legends to decent matches; and it would give the fans some warm memories. Other good options would be Triple H (assuming he’s a heel by this time), since he’s got a lengthy history with Stone Cold; or possibly, (and you’re all going to hate this one), Vince McMahon (probably with some hulking ape and Shane in his corner). It wouldn’t be popular with us lot; but seeing Steve Austin “open a can of ass whip” on Vince one last time, in his home town, might just have to capacity to draw.

There are a few possibilities for this one, but I hate to break it to you all, but Hulk Hogan isn't one of them.

Aside from the well known animosity between Austin and Hogan dating back to Austin's waning days in WCW, Hogan can't bump for Austin because of his health, and vice versa. No doubt, this is a match that would draw huge numbers as the dream match that never was. However, if Austin is going to return to the ring for one night only, I can't see him being willing to stink the joint up just for a big payday. If he is going to come back for a "last match" he will want it to be remembered favorably, and due to the issues of Austin's neck, and Hulk's aging knees and hips, there is too much room for error. Austin needs someone who can take care of him in the ring at Wrestlemainia 25, and I cannot forsee it happening with Hulk Hogan.

HBK- We have only seen Austin vs. HBK twice(King of the Ring '97, and WM 14) and both were good, solid matches, and the gut check by a near crippled Michaels at Mania 14 proved just how great he was. Could we possibly see these two men Main Event a second Wrestlemainia a decade later? Hell yes! Although Michaels has had knee issues as of late, he has more than stepped up to the plate as a prime time performer when the company needs him. He is in great shape, can still bump all over the arena like he could when he was 30, and Wrestlemainia will be taking place in Houston, TX. What better main event than a Texas sized one featuring the two top stars that ushered in the Attitude Era, who both happen to be from Texas.

HHH- I personally was never a fan of the matches that Austin and Hunter had together. The promos were always great, and HHH was at his heel best creating white hot heat, but for me the matches just never seemed to deliver. Dating back to Summerslam 99 there was friction between the two when Austin refused to drop the then WWF Championship to a newly emerging main event HHH. Whether it was that, or maybe the fact that their styles were just too similar, I just never felt satisfied after an Austin vs. HHH encounter. On the other hand, I think the promos leading up to a Wrestlemainia 25 match between the two would be worth the price of admission alone, and I'm sure they would come together to deliver a better than average match. Also, just like HBK, HHH can bump for Austin. Which if you can't tell, in my opinion is the overwhelming factor in who the Texas Rattlesnake will possibly face at a Wrestlemainia 25 return.

John Cena- For anyone looking for Steve Austin to "pass the torch" to John Cena as the mainstream star of the WWE, forget it. Cena's already held that torch for almost 4 years now, and I don't see anyone else coming around to take it from him. However, one major issue with an Austin vs. Cena match is how should it play out storyline wise? Before I go any further, let me point out that although Cena does get his boos, I believe someone in the WWE is sabotaging his face character on occassion. A prime example was at Wrestlemainia 24 when some local high school marching band came out on the entrance ramp, playing some generic marching band tune which then became John Cena's theme song. I was there standing on the rampway and when I realized it was his theme music when Cena came out, I turned to my brother and asked "Do they want him to get booed?" Personally I don't care if he is heel or face, and I don't hate the guy, but at that point I wasn't sure WWE knew what they wanted to do with him. That said, try that marching band stunt at Wrestlemainia 25, while pitting a supposedly babyface John Cena against arguably(aside from Hogan) the biggest star in the history of the sport, and proverbial hometown boy in his homestate of Texas. He will get booed out of the building by the guys, the girls, the little kids, and grandma alike, because for how over he is with his demographics(little kids and girls), he isn't Stone Cold who was and if he came back is over with everyone. If that's what WWE wants, then okay go for it. But as I said, I truly think top people are unsure of what they want to do with him sometimes.

Another issue with a match between them is Cena's in ring work. I don't think he's a bad worker, but I do think he gets a little sloppy at times, and I don't see Austin allowing himself to get turned upsidedown for an FU. Cena can bump for him, but Austin really can't bump for Cena's high impact moves all that well. 8 years ago, a feud between these two would have been gold. A heel Cena is just the cleancut kind of guy that fans would have loved to see Austin beat the hell out of, but that was a healthier Austin, and I'm not sure if WWE is willing to completely sacrifice Cena's face status to a one time match between he and the Texas Rattlesnake.

Undertaker- I don't see the Undertaker turning heel for this, and a win over a heel Austin(he isn't going to come back to work his last match as a heel anyway) wouldn't do anything for Taker either. This itself puts Taker out of the running, as I doubt they will try another babyface match like the one that bombed at Summerslam 98.

Orton- Maybe. If they want to pick up where he left off with the legend killer gimmick, Austin certainly fits the bill. Problem is for Orton, there really aren't too many legends left to kill after Austin, so why start that up if he can't run with it. Also for how good Orton is, he is also pretty boring on the mic at times, so I am not excited at the prospect of he and the verbally gifted Austin battling back and forth on the mic in the promos leading up to the match.

Edge- I think I would enjoy Edge vs. Austin more than Austin vs. Orton. The promos would be great, Edge can bump like crazy, he doesn't have too many high impact moves with room for error to injure Austin, and he would take good care of him in the ring. Of any of the younger main event talent out there, I truly think Edge would be the one.

Kennedy- The problem with a Kennedy and Austin match is that since he showed up on the scene, KK has been touted as the second coming of Steve Austin. Is Kennedy ready for an ultra high profile match like that? No. Will he be by Wresltmainia 25? Maybe. But in the same vein of HHH and Austin's styles being too similar, Kennedy is a virtual clone of a young Steve Austin, and I'm not sure how well they would mesh in the ring. Promos would be good, and both could go back and forth on the mic quite well with each other. I could even see Kennedy ribbing on how everyone compares him to Stunning Steve Austin, by coming out dressed as and immitating the Stunning Steve Gimmick leading up to the match. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like it. And don't forget that Kennedy is supposedly Austin's protege, so that could play a part as well.

MVP- I'm hoping he will be in a title hunt by then, but I could also see him doing some great stuff with Austin leading up to Mainia. Just as KK has been touted as the next Austin, MVP is eerily reminiscent of a young Rock, and we all know how well Austin's character played of Rock's.

Best Chance of Wrestling Steve Austin at Wrestlemainia 25

1. HBK
2. Edge
3. Kennedy
4. HHH
5. John Cena

Austin versus Hogan
--As stated by Fierce above, the match would suck, but it would instantly sell tons of tickets. If Hogan says he has one more match outside of this, then Austin should go over clean. If they both want this to be their final match, then I say make it a draw, just out of respect for what both did for wrestling.

I normally agree with you NoFate, but not in this case. I love Hogan as much as anyone, but he refused to work a full program with HBK, and instead got the win in their only match at Summerslam. Because of the health of both Austin and Hogan, I don't see them even attempting a program more than a month leading up to Mainia, and they both hate each other anyway. Also, if there was a draw finish in a match this big, at a Wrestlemainia nontheless, the fans would riot. A draw or countout is okay as part of a storyline program which continues for months, or as a TV finish, but not at a Wrestlemainia. It's not like the two are going to shake hands, hug, and congratulate one another on a great technical match after the ref raises both of their hands and Lillian Garcia announces a draw. There is a very real dislike between the two men, and it is no secret to even the regular old marks in the crowd, let alone all of the internet wrestling community. If something like this goes down, the audience will feel more than cheated, and look for both men to be pelted with trash, and for the restraint barriers to wobble as security holds an angry mob back.

If they really dislike each other that much (which I didn't know about), then yeah, throw all that I said out the window, cause that's not going to happen lol. The only reason I said a draw would be since I don't think Hogan would want to have his final match be a loss...and if he really hates Austin and vice versa, then that DEFINITELY wouldn't happen lol.

But you brought up a great point that I hadn't thought of....Austin Versus Kennedy.

If you think about it, that's sort of a great option on various levels. Like you said, Kennedy is modeling himself after Austin and learning from him with frequent phone calls and such, so if Austin considers him a good guy, he probably wouldn't mind putting him over in one of those "Kennedy doesn't win, but proves he can go the distance" kind of ways. The promos would be great...but now that Kennedy is a face, and Austin won't be going back to heel, they'd have to go the tweener route between the two. Another thing to take into account is how Kennedy is always struggling to find a good finisher. The Kenton Bomb, can't use it anymore now that Hardy has solidified it as his finisher. Green Bay Plunge, not good enough. Mic Check, too awkward. How about after the match, when Austin gets the pinfall, he passes the torch onto Kennedy, allowing him to use the Stunner? One of the best finishers out there is given to Kennedy, the sort of "surrogate Stone Cold" of the new generation of wrestlers.

But you brought up a great point that I hadn't thought of....Austin Versus Kennedy.

If you think about it, that's sort of a great option on various levels. Like you said, Kennedy is modeling himself after Austin and learning from him with frequent phone calls and such, so if Austin considers him a good guy, he probably wouldn't mind putting him over in one of those "Kennedy doesn't win, but proves he can go the distance" kind of ways. The promos would be great...but now that Kennedy is a face, and Austin won't be going back to heel, they'd have to go the tweener route between the two. Another thing to take into account is how Kennedy is always struggling to find a good finisher. The Kenton Bomb, can't use it anymore now that Hardy has solidified it as his finisher. Green Bay Plunge, not good enough. Mic Check, too awkward. How about after the match, when Austin gets the pinfall, he passes the torch onto Kennedy, allowing him to use the Stunner? One of the best finishers out there is given to Kennedy, the sort of "surrogate Stone Cold" of the new generation of wrestlers.

The problem with problem with "giving" Kennedy the stunner as a finisher, lies in both of their characters. Austin's character doesn't give anybody anything unless it is on the negative end of a Stone Cold Stunner. Kennedy, like Austin, just takes what he wants, when he wants. That said, with his distinct lack of a solid finisher, Kennedy could start using the stunner in the months leading up to Wrestlemainia. This goes along with the mocking of the Stunning Steve gimmick, in which he comes out dressed as Stunning Steve and emulates all of his taunts such as rolling the camera. Every week he comes out, he subtly becomes more and more like Steve Austin, in a very irritating way. The use of the stunner, and overall mocking of the Steve Austin gimmicks needs to take place for months on TV(pre-Royal Rumble) before Austin even appears to confront Kennedy. This will allow Kennedy to really get some steam going with this, and they need to let him run with it. That way, by the time Steve Austin shows up around the time of No Way Out to confront Kennedy, it will be firmly established in fans minds, that while he has been touted as the second coming of Austin, he now himself believes it, and has become it. Except that the real second coming of Stone Cold will be at Wrestlemainia 25. This whole scenario also lets Kennedy get the monkey off his back of supposedly being "the next Stone Cold", because once it's over with, he will have developed more as "his" breakthrough character with the real Stone Cold to play of in the ring. This is essence, could be what TNA could do with Sharkboy, if Stone Cold was on the TNA roster.

The only question is, who goes over? Austin in his one match return in his homestate of Texas, or Kennedy the up and comer who never seems to pull out a big win when it counts. Admitedly, it would be kind of anticlimactic for Austin to lose this match, but if Kennedy as the loser comes off looking like gold after a really solid match between the two, I think it would only benefit him to job to Austin on the biggest stage of them all.

What about Austin/Punk? The "Straight Edge Superstar" taking on the beer swigging, toughest S.O.B. It would be a good way to get heat on CM Punk if they want to make him heal. And in the end have Straight Edge prevail. Or in another cool ending, a beer bath on Punk! That would make the fans go nuts.

What about Austin/Punk? The "Straight Edge Superstar" taking on the beer swigging, toughest S.O.B. It would be a good way to get heat on CM Punk if they want to make him heal. And in the end have Straight Edge prevail. Or in another cool ending, a beer bath on Punk! That would make the fans go nuts.

I don't mean to center you out, but this is just not a good idea, at all. I think people need to get over C.M. Punk being "straight edge" its not a wrestling gimmick that hes purely using. Hes not coming out every week like he began his W.W.E. career doing, in throwing it in everyone's face.

And Steve Austin being the "anti-Punk" in drinking beer? Uhm.. J.B.L. would do the same thing, or here's an idea.. the Sandman! Because not only does he drink, but he smokes too!

I mean seriously, to waste a Steve Austin match on someone as pathetic as C.M. Punk.. thats like saying we wanna bring Hulk Hogan back for one night only at Wrestlemania, and have him take on Colin Delaney, because both began their careers wanting to become something huge.. :disappointed:

In my opinion, the only option Steve Austin truly has, if he can even wrestle.. would be Hulk Hogan. The reason for this, is because they've each more or less hinted at wanting to do a match. It'll be downright horrible and stink up the greatest event of the year.. but it'll attract every type of wrestling fan known to man, and they'll love every botched second of the shitfest. So it'll be horrible to watch, but great for ratings.

nobody has mention this albeit a dream match austin vs goldberg. now I know this may never happen but if both men came back for one nite only they would as big as austin/hogan or austin/rock. they could possibly put of a better match than austin/hogan. this is every attitude era fans dream, forget who's next it will answer the question WHO'S BETTER!! it'll never happen cuz goldberg thinks he better than wrestling tho. the most logical match would be austin/kennedy as it would boost kk star power and pass the torch since his suppose to be the 2nd coming of austin. but kk should go over as he needed the win more than austin and austin would probably love to job for his protege

Um. Goldberg. Not so much. How could we forget goldberg's limited moveset and the stinker that he had with Brock in his last match.

But how could we leave out Vince. Austin can't take a bump so how boUt one last match with Vince. Even tho we've already seen it. How about he end his career against his all time rival.

Just a thought

Correct me if Im wrong but there have been only four occasions where Stone Cold and HHH headlined a PPV event..
Summerslam 1999 (HHH vs Austin vs Foley for the WWF Title) (Foley won)

No Mercy 1999 (Austin/HHH) for the WWF title (HHH won)

Survivor Series 2000 (Austin/HHH) Street fight (No contest)

No Way Out 2001 (Austin/HHH) 3 Stages of Hell (HHH won)

And only two times were the matches for the title, think of how many times The Rock and HHH faced off for the title... it sure was more than 2!!
Stone Cold and HHH at WrestleMania, has never happened. And Stone Cold has never defeated HHH in the middle of the ring EVER.

I would love to see Stone Cold beat him for the title, (but I know the title part is just plain silly).

I have a problem w/ Austin going against these other opponents...
Rock-- Rock vs Austin IV??? Come on, thats ridiculous, the fourth time they wrestle at WrestleMania, its time to move on already. Its one of the biggest rivalries ever I know, but another one for Austin's last match? That would be a HUGE letdown in my book.

Hulk Hogan-- I wanted to see Austin/Hogan get it on at WrestleMania 18, but it didnt work out. They dont like each other, and if they cant agree with an ending let alone to putting the match together, then the match is gonna suck ass. The time has passed, its too late for them to fight now. WAY TOO LATE!!!

HBK-- Michaels had the honor of going over against Ric Flair, to fight Stone Cold in a "retirement" match again is like a broken record to me, much like the Rock/Austin idea. WM 14 HBK passed the torch to Austin, we dont need to see that again.

Undertaker-- This is a maybe. But this would mean Taker's streak would have to be broken, and I would really bummed if Austin had to job to Taker because of the streak thing.

Finally, Stone Cold shouldnt have to fight with the newcomers of WWE. Its not going to draw the money. I respect Cena but its not good for Austin. Austin vs Kennedy, another HUGE letdown.

HHH vs Stone Cold (possibly for the title) at WrestleMania 25

Hm interesting Topic... I mean, I kind of missed most of the Attitude Era (due to wrestling not always being televised where I live), back at that time I was watching WCW (part free will, part no alternatives lol) - but if Austin was to have one last match at WM 25 it would probably be against HBK or Triple HHH right now. Maybe a "retirement match" for Trips, and Austin would put him out of the world title scene for some time hehe...

As far as a pure "legends" match is concerned... I'd love to see a Triple Threat Match:

Austin vs Rock vs Hogan

I suppose this could be fun indeed, of course Rock will with a 98% chance never come back to wrestling at all considering he's doing quite well with his movies, but if he did, he would have to do most of the bumping for Austin and Hogan of course, but in a 3-way-situation, the obvious weaknesses in terms of bumping on the parts of Hogan and Austin could more easily be disguised, but that's just my thinking...

More realistically, it probably would be HBK or Triple H... or, of course, Austin could try to end Taker's Mania-streak (aside from HBK right now, I guess he'd be the only one available qualified to legitimately end that streak), so that's an option...

Cena... yes, but I think it would generally be a waste for Austin's last match to be with a "newer" guy - I think the potential of "once again rejuvenating" the Attitude-Era everyone loved so much with a guy from that time (currently the options being HHH, HBK, and with limitations, The Rock) should be considered, or with another "legend", being either Taker or Hogan. Goldberg would be a theoretic option, but he won't do business with Vinnie Mac again and vice versa, plus the match wouldn't live up to the expectations most likely, as Goldberg has limited in-ring skills... As much as I liked his squash-monster-character when it was built up in WCW, as soon as he was to become a more "regular" superstar, he quickly went stale due to his limited capabilities. So even though Austin vs Goldberg was always considered a potential "dream match", I wouldn't opt for that one.

My picks:

1. Austin vs HBK (WM 25 in Texas, both guys from Texas)
2. Austin vs HHH
3. Austin vs Taker (same as with HBK, but storyline-wise, I think with HBK things could be worked out more easily, due to Taker's gimmick-induced limited mic-options)

the reason wwe needed him to face the likes of kk is becuz there in need of new stars. him fighting any legend, althought entertaining would serve no purpose besides selling tickets and ppv which wrestlemania has no problem doing. if he returned he should put somebody over. hbk hhh, etc won't help their legacy or wwe by facing scsa.

they should Kennedy turn heel around survivor series. fued with hbk and go over by the rumble. to build his star power up. then the next raw attack jr so bad that he's out for a couple of weeks. then when the king interviews him to ask yet the following week he'll give a plug to stone colds dvd by staying he was watching it and notice how much credit jr gave scsa and it made him sick to his stomach. and says he's gonna start to cement his legacy then he issues the challege to austin at mania. then have vince commend challenging austin and as a gift the mac feeded him jr at n.w.o. in a street fight. kk does a squash job until scsa runs in wit the assit and gives jr the win which fuels the feud have a few promos cut leading up to wm and mayb a runin by austin when vince give him a chance at the gold one nite on raw. by wm u have built kk star up and ppl will wanna see them butt heads at wm. plus give kk the win since nobody will see it coming since kk has the rep that he can't step to the plate when the games on the line. and everybody will think austins the clear winner cuz it in texas. kk will be new gen of wwe superstars and have as much heat as vince and hbk did after the screw job

i think cena vs austin would not be a good idea. after the initial confrontation, this would lose steam FAST as i think cena would kinda kill the intensity with his laid back style. i think besides cena, if theres one guy everyones hated since Austin left and wish Austin couldve came to woop this persons ass, its easily Triple H. we have seen it before, but barely. we saw plenty of rock-austin, plenty of rock-triple h, but not austin-triple h. they could continue wat they are doing and build triple h to that unstoppable point he was back in those evolution days, where hes defeated everyone, and then when everyone is sick and tired of this guys face GLASS SHATTERS and the rattlesnake comes back out to take care of business. imagine these two matches headlining wm25: austin-triple h and michaels-taker. yea, all four of these wrestlers are oldschool and there isnt new blood in there but really who gives a crap.

aside from triple h, the only other good idea is Shawn Michaels. im satisfied with austin vs taker back in 1999 and i dont think they would need to redo that.

if austin was to appear at WM25 i think he should face cena be cause it would be a different match even thow every one would be cheerin for Stone cold but in would be between two of wwes top dog now and then

Legend Killer v. Legend. Orton v. Austin. I think this would be a great matchup being as I see a lot of WCW Austin in Orton. Just with the taunting and professionalism as a heel. I think these two could put on a very good match especially with Orton ability to draw heat versus Austin's ability to get a pop. Its a pure heel v face match.

If i had to choose three opponents let me tell you that Hogan sure as hell wouldn't be one of them. He is terrible and i think Austin would like to have a dacent match.
Austin vs Kennedy
These two are so damn similiar it doesn't make since, Could you imagine the mic skills and promos goin into this match they would be amazing. As far as wrestling goes Kennedy said in WWE Magazine his dream match was to fight Austin. So i'm sure he would put on a good match

Austin vs MVP People keep saying they wnat Austin vs Rock again and MVP is the closest thing we've got. The thing is that he hasn't really reached that mainevent credential yet. As goes for kennedy, which leads me to my next guy.............

Autsin vs Michaels Flair wanted to have a awesome fairwell match at Wrestlemania 24 so who did he choose, my man, HBK. Austin is a good wrestler and could entertain like know one else. But if he wants someone to make him look good and carry him to a legendary match this is who he need to choose. Plus they're both native sons to the state of Texas. Lets not forget they're last mania encounter, and michaels back was hurt. Could you imagine what this match would be like.

I honestly don't think SCSA facing a new guy would work well for them. Face it, Stone Cold would view this as his last match (hypothetically because I reckon he's already had it), do you really see him turning up for a programme that he's going to lose it. Austin has had issues about putting people over in the past that he hasn't felt deserve it, so why should he do anything different with the likes of Kennedy or MVP. Ok, he might be kind and put them over, but I don't see it. I think if he wrestled again, he'd go against someone who'd be willing to put him over that he has worked with in the past (fans love Attitude Era nostalgia). My opinion, someone like HHH or HBK would be the guy since I don't see Rock doing it. Other alternative would be Mick Foley. But I don't see it happening myself.

I know they tried to get him vs Hogan for WM24, but I honestly think Austin's injuries are bad enough that he won't risk getting into the ring and hurting himself just so WWE can make some money off his appearing. He's not selfless enough to endanger himself for WWE's benefit and won't ruin his legacy by putting on a half-assed match because of the pain. So I don't see him wrestling anyone at WM25 really

okay maybe he wouldn't put mvp over. but he mentors kennedy and would love to be the one to make him a star IMO. ppl need to let the attitude era go it was fun we all loved it but its time to make new stars and start an new era. some of these attitude stars are doin the same thing that ran wcw out of business. Not putting guys over wit the exception of cena. nobody has reached superstar level in the post attitude era. orton,bastisa, even egde. they get their shine and then r feed to cena or HHH. if austin comes back for another program he should start a trend in putting over the young up and coming stars the ones that are slated to be the new leaders of the business . that's what will help in the long run.

Everyone talks about Austin, one more match. Rock, one more match, same with Hogan. If none of them want to lose, how about this. Theres the talk of a new heel faction with the second generation superstars. Do it, make them destructive evil, and let them take over WWE like NWO style. Then build it up to Wrestlemania, where they could face hogan, rock, austin, and either taker or hbk, and have them go head to head, and if faction loses, they disband, but with all of this, they all become bigger stars out of it, and everyone wins! That way, the legends win, and wwe can build off the individual second generation stars since they will be experienced and have better character development.

I think if austin was to have Just one more match, it should be Mr Kennedy. i know heaps of people have already said it but i will say it again. Mr Kennedy has Accomplished a fair bit in his career, But when he was to be involved in the biggest storyline involved in the WWE, He Blew it. I think he deserves another chance and if he was to be cocky and say that SCSA had nothing on what He does and then end up with the match it would be a really good match. especially if they was to cut a promo just before the match it has the potential to be MOTY. Stone Cold VS MR Kennedy has so much potential they both are good wrestlers. a win would put Mr Kennedy over so well it would be stupid not to.
My second option would be HBK, Becouse Steve would have a bit of ring rust and HBK has the ability to make it so no one will notice im not saying HBK will carry the whole match but will just be a able to cover up mistakes if any are made. and becouse its in texas and both guys are from there it would most likely have the fans stumped with who to cheer for.

Shawn Michaels- Two Texans who are two of the biggest WWE wrestlers ever. THey have faced eachother at Wrestlemania 14, but this time, in front of the San Antonio Audience, and at the Silver Wrestlemania Anniversary, It would be hotter than ever. Also Shawn Michaels probably wouldnt be high as hell

Hulk Hogan- Well first you have to get Hogan to come back. If he loses enough money in the divorce, amybe he will come back. Probably the two biggest superstores ever facing eachother on the greatest stage ever. It would be the highest grossing match ever in my opinion.

Mr Kennedy- A protege of Austin. If anything, this would be the match that shot Kennedy to the greatest height he could ever reach. Imagine the promos for this match? That would be worth the price of admission itself.

Of course it should be HBK,I can't think of anyone else than him.This should be a great match,some thing fans can remember as stone cold's last match.It doesn't matter for me who wins this but i think austin will win this one being his last match.

Kennady,Orton,Cena,edge,batista even HHH aren't a choice.

Well Hogan/Rock can be a good choice if they are available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back