**MERGED** Royal Rumble 2013 & Aftermath Discussion (Keep it in here!!!!)

Which Would You Like?

• CM Punk vs. The Rock

• John Cena vs. The Rock

• Not Sure: It's Too Early To Decide

Results are only viewable after voting.
Trouble is that that was on RAW1000. They didn't know what to do with Bryan then and he was at the time in World Title picture so they putted him as a one of the options for the Rock at RR. It could still happen but it's a slimm chances for that. Now he is "Tag Team Champions" and that angle with Kane worked very well so I could see that it might would last until Wrestlemania. Other problem is that they allready almost prepared the field for Rock/Punk at RR and some kind of Cena rematch at Wrestlemania and I see it going on just like that. Punk/Rock at RR, Cena wins EC for challenger match and we got triplle threat at Wrestlemania. There I don't see an opening for Bryan unless he wins RR. It would be cool but slim chances...

It's nice that they've planted the seed for Daniel-Rocky, even if it doesn't amount to anything. At the very least, I'd expect a Rock-Bryan confrontation in the Elimination Chamber, and maybe for a full match for RAW on the week prior to WM. Mind you, I'm hoping WWE turns Daniel full face, but if they don't, a short feud on TV to set up Mania would be a good use for him, and they certainly could use the RAW 1000 clip as part of the build.

It'd be an interesting twist if they did go this route. I just don't think it'll go down that way. Daniel Bryan could merely have been a foil to be used on Raw 1,000 for Rock in order to give the crowd a little bit of a thrill.

While it's true WWE could ultimately end Team Hell No at just about anytime, I don't see it happening soon. Fans are far too into what Bryan & Kane are doing right now. Their matches are drawing well on Raw and they're getting some of the top reactions of anyone on the roster right now. I don't see Kane & Bryan splitting up before somewhere early next year.

As far as Punk & The Rock goes, unfortunately, I do think that Punk will drop the title to The Rock at the Royal Rumble if the match does go down. If WWE is going for Cena vs. Rock II, as I've said, I don't believe the title is going to add anything to the picture. If anything, I think it could ultimately hurt the match more than help it. Just as with their match this year, having the match for WM 29 be for the title automatically gives away the ending. While I think most people would expect Cena to win their next match in order to even things up, having Rock go into the event carrying the title is all but a guarantee that Cena beats him.

It'd thrill me to see Punk retain against Rock because, frankly, it'd be one helluva rub for CM Punk. The Rock most certainly doesn't need the WWE Championship and, personally, I think Cena somehow helping to cost Rock the title against Punk would be a nice little slap in the face. After all, The Rock caused Cena to lose against The Miz and The Rock could always come back at some point to avenge his loss to Punk.

I don't see it happening though and I'd say The Rock will be WWE Champion for the 8th time come Royal Rumble.

If WWE does want Cena vs. Rock II to be for the WWE Championship, then Rock unveiling a new championship design to replace Cena's design could be viewed as another little slap in the face of Cena from The Rock.

I've always thought this is how they would get rid of the Spinner belt, it would make a lot of sense and would be a good way to get rid of the belt. Actually an even better way would be if the WWE were to take a trip down the Attitude Era lane and they had The Rock dispose of the belt by throwing it off a bridge into a river like how The Rock did with Austin's Smoking Skull belt...or he could just throw it into the Boston Harbor to swim with the rest of Cena's merchandise that he threw in there earlier this year, that would be a huge slap in the face to Cena. Instead of Rock unveiling a new championship belt though, how about he bring back this?

modifiedwweattitudebeltfy1.jpg

Not permanently (although I wouldn't mind if they did bring it back permanently), just for The Rock's title reign only to get everybody especially the AE fans more invested in his title win and to get them more excited & interested heading into Mania. And think of the heat Cena would draw if he were to win the belt cause no AE fan will wanna see him wear that belt, just imagine how much everyone would blow up over it. After Rock loses the belt, they can introduce a new design.

Personally though, I'd prefer it more if Punk just unveiled the new design once he hits the 1 year mark after Survivor Series, and he retains the belt at Royal Rumble just to give the fans a huge shock because no one is expecting him to retain and because they don't really need the WWE Title for Rock/Cena II. Just have Cena cost The Rock the WWE Championship at Royal Rumble and the match is set. Rock/Cena II will sell like crazy on it's own. Whoever wins the Royal Rumble could use the title victory over Punk more than The Rock does. How over would the winner be if he were the one to go on to end Punk's streak on the grandest stage of em all?

I could see Punk defeating The Rock via help from Heyman/Lesnar at the beginning of the night, then number 30 in the Royal Rumble match comes and everyone hears 'IF YOU SMEEELLLLLL!' - The roof of the arena will blow off!

You know, I guess I could see The Rock losing to CM Punk and then winning the Rumble, but I highly doubt it. The best way to handle the situation is to make sure they don't muddle it up. There's no need to have a dusty finish, followed up by (basically) wasting a Royal Rumble on re-inserting The Rock into the main event of WrestleMania. I'd be quite happy with Rock going over Punk for the title at the Rumble, Cena winning the Rumble, and Cena/Rock II going down at WrestleMania. Yeah, it's simple and not exactly a surprise, but it finishes the story between Rock and Cena, while still giving WrestleMania a big money headliner (to go along with a potential Lesnar/'Taker match, or something).

It would be cool to see Punk go over The Rock, but I just don't think it's the best way to go about it. Rock and Cena have been set for a rematch ever since Rock pinned Cena -- Punk doesn't need to be involved in that. If anything, have him face Lesnar, 'Taker, or someone of that ilk. Rock/Cena II is what I'd most want to see. I highly doubt they'd put Rock into a match against Punk, only to have him lose a few months short of WrestleMania. CM Punk, as much as people are going to hate it, will likely be the one getting lost in the shuffle of Rock/Cena -- that doesn't mean he won't have a marquee match at 'Mania, though.

I've always thought this is how they would get rid of the Spinner belt, it would make a lot of sense and would be a good way to get rid of the belt. Actually an even better way would be if the WWE were to take a trip down the Attitude Era lane and they had The Rock dispose of the belt by throwing it off a bridge into a river like how The Rock did with Austin's Smoking Skull belt...or he could just throw it into the Boston Harbor to swim with the rest of Cena's merchandise that he threw in there earlier this year, that would be a huge slap in the face to Cena. Instead of Rock unveiling a new championship belt though, how about he bring back this?

modifiedwweattitudebeltfy1.jpg

Not permanently (although I wouldn't mind if they did bring it back permanently), just for The Rock's title reign only to get everybody especially the AE fans more invested in his title win and to get them more excited & interested heading into Mania. And think of the heat Cena would draw if he were to win the belt cause no AE fan will wanna see him wear that belt, just imagine how much everyone would blow up over it. After Rock loses the belt, they can introduce a new design.

Personally though, I'd prefer it more if Punk just unveiled the new design once he hits the 1 year mark after Survivor Series, and he retains the belt at Royal Rumble just to give the fans a huge shock because no one is expecting him to retain and because they don't really need the WWE Title for Rock/Cena II. Just have Cena cost The Rock the WWE Championship at Royal Rumble and the match is set. Rock/Cena II will sell like crazy on it's own. Whoever wins the Royal Rumble could use the title victory over Punk more than The Rock does. How over would the winner be if he were the one to go on to end Punk's streak on the grandest stage of em all?

I definitely think Rock will bring out a new belt on the first RAW after the Rumble. I think he'll come down to the ring with the old belt and then do a promo saying how it looks like a piece of steaming, stinking, grade A monkey crap and reminds him of John Cena. He will then bring out the People's belt which will be an entirely new WWE championship design.

I think at this time there are only four possibilities to winners of the rumble. The Rock, Brock Lesnar,john Cena & The Undertaker. at wrestlemania its got to be Cena vs The Rock & Undertaker vs Lesnar or Cena vs The Undertaker & Lesnar vs The Rock

I'd like to see Punk/Rock at the Rumble just so Punk can have his title reign last until then. But then my fear becomes seeing Cena/Rock II at Wrestlemania. I don't want that to headline two WMs in a row. A triple threat match on the grand stage might be alright too. So many things could happen at this year's Rumble that shape Wrestlemania differently, so I'm really not sure who will win. I'm deciding between Taker, Cena and Lesnar.

I know everyone is expecting the Rock to win vs Punk at the rumble, but my question for everyone is it possible? If the Rock beats Punk wouldn't he have to defend at The Elimination Chamber? I haven't heard any reports about Rock confirming EC, and I feel like with his schedule it would throw things off. If he won and didn't defend at EC, what would they do at that ppv with all the raw main eventers?

So my question is do you see the rock winning vs punk at the rumble, and what do you think will happen after that if he does/doesnt??

If the Rock does win at RR it would be pointless if he wasn't on TV every week. It devalues the Title. So if the Rock can't be there every week I don't think he will win. That's my logic...

But anything can happen so maybe he only appears the day after RR and the Raw before EC and they build a Fued around that. If Punk loses at RR chances are he will lose at EC too to set up the TWICE IN A LIFETIME WM match.

If the Rock does win at RR it would be pointless if he wasn't on TV every week. It devalues the Title. So if the Rock can't be there every week I don't think he will win. That's my logic...

But anything can happen so maybe he only appears the day after RR and the Raw before EC and they build a Fued around that. If Punk loses at RR chances are he will lose at EC too to set up the TWICE IN A LIFETIME WM match.

There were some reports a month or so ago that The Rock is going to make several live appearances, more than last year, on the road to wrestlemania. This leads me to believe he will win the belt and appear on virtually every RAW leading up to wrestlemania.

As for the EC, he could have a rematch with Punk when punk invokes his "rematch clause" while the rest of the RAW main eventers would fight for the # 1 contendership. Winner of the Rumble will fight the World Champ so the Smackdown Chamber will be for the belt.

Sorry if this is already a thread.

So, I was reading up on the rumors that Punk will debut the new WWE title belt tonight or soon and I got to thinking, what if he doesn't debut it but instead, holds onto the same belt until the Royal Rumble where The Rock beats him. The next night on RAW, The Rock can have a celebration and debut his new WWE Championship belt; "The Brama Bull" WWE Championship. I feel like this would be the perfect opportunity to get rid of the spinner belt and introduce Rock's belt. It would work since The Rock never actually got to use the belt but it was still already made for him years ago.

The Rock can hold onto this belt until he eventually is beat for it and who ever it is that beats The Rock down the road can debut the actual new WWE Championship.

Thoughts?

With only about 2 months away til the rumble, now is around the time we should be looking at which stars have the most momentum heading to the Rumble. This thread is as simple as the title: Who will win the rumble?

There are heaps of WWE superstars that could win it, but if you have seen my threads, you'd know i'm a huge Miz fan so obviously I want him to win. A Rumble win would also help get him over more with the fans. He could challenge for WHC at Wrestlemania against Dolph Ziggler. (He'll probably cash in at TLC) A Miz vs Ziggler feud had already somewhat been teased last week and this week on Main Event and they had an AWESOME match. It would be a feel good moment having Miz finally go over Ziggler at WM keeping his streak alive as well.

Anyway who do you think/want to win the Rumble next year?

Years ago I remember wrestlers having their titles stripped off of them if they hadn't defended the title within 30 days of their last defence or when they wont the title.

Why do I bring this up? Well i got two words for ya! The Rock. Rock v Punk is almost a certainty for the Rumble (Punk v Ryback TLC aside). If Rock was to win, and only defend it just at Wrestlemania, the title would be stripped off of him before Wrestlemania (26th February) due to this rule.

Now this is the type of thing Punk should pick up on (certainly Heyman would) should he loose. To me, this certainly makes for an interesting dynamic not just between Rock and Punk, but for Rock and the entire lockeroom of fulltime stars.

I remembered initially about the rule when it was Team Punk v Team Foley at Survivor Series, and with Rock being part time the rule resurfaced.

Do you think this rule will be mentioned, or brought up should The Rock win at the Rumble?
Does the rule have any kind of implication in the montly ppv heavy schedule of this day and age?

With the Rock, Punk and Cena all gunning to be wrestling for the WWE Championship at Mania, the chances of whoever wins the Rumble (if it doesn't turn out to be one of those three) challenging for that title are slim to none in my opinion. I just can't see the title not being defended between two out of the three names I mentioned. Ryback is the only other wrestler who has even been close to the title picture in quite some time, and there is absolutely no way he is going to be wrestling for it at Mania. I think because of all this, Ryback is not going to win the Rumble either. I personally think having him win it and then go on to beat the Big Show for the World title at Mania would be a cool moment, but what sense would it make for him to challenge Show and not Punk? Unless Punk loses the title that night, but still why would he challenge the Big Show and not try to go after the title he has been trying to win for the past couple of months?

I think it is safe to rule out Sheamus too, simply because he won last year. Even though that would be awesome to see him win it in back to back years and given the year he has had, I think it would be believable and he would be deserving. I'm going to rule out Del Rio too basically for the same reason, him winning it two years ago. I would say Sheamus has a better chance out of the two of them if it did turn out to be one of them because at least he has been relevant in the last year. The only way Del Rio could win this year that wouldn't make me want to bang my head against the wall, would be if Ricardo ran in and tossed somebody like Orton or Sheamus over the ropes giving Del Rio the win. As much as I hate Del Rio and he bores the shit out of me, I can't get enough of Ricardo.

So, I think Ryback, Sheamus and Del Rio are almost certainly not walking out of the Rumble as the winner. I think the only chance the winner ends up choosing to compete for the WWE Championship is if the winner turns out to be either Cena, or whoever loses between Punk and Rock who then goes on to somehow get a spot in the Rumble and ends up winning it. Punk would make more sense because as a heel he could just beat somebody up and take their spot. It would make Punk losing to the Rock a lot easier for me to swallow if Punk ended up winning the Rumble. The only loop hole in that would be you would think Punk has a rematch clause if he loses the title, because everyone does, so having him win the Rumble when he already has a guaranteed rematch would be kind of pointless. Would he get two title shots? I guess they could have the Rock lose the title match and have a heel mock him backstage, only for the Rock to beat him up and take his spot. It would probably work with the Rock.

If it isn't Cena, Punk or the Rock then I could see Wade Barrett ending up as the winner. They supposedly had big plans for him last year around Mania, but due to that injury he never even got a chance to wrestle on the card. It would be a nice little way to make everything come full circle. He would be a believable winner too in my eyes. If not Barrett I could also see maybe Ziggler winning it, but only if he tries cashing in his briefcase first and ends up losing.

I feel like it's easier to rule out who doesn't stand a chance at winning this year's Rumble than it is to who does. The WWE Championship situation makes me almost certain it will not be somebody who is predominately featured on Raw other than Cena, Punk or the Rock. Sheamus or Del Rio probably won't win it. Ryback might and it probably would be the way to go, but like I said what sense would it make for him to challenge Show? If only because he wants to show to the world he can Shell Shock the giant.

My prediction is Cena is walking out the winner.

Now this doesn't pertain to the actual rumble itself, rather, what will happen with Ryback? We all know he won't be winning the WWE title just yet (although I'm betting he will shortly after Mania), and maybe him winning the actual Rumble itself isn't so much a longshot, unless of course he gets screwed over somehow as usual by some interference. But this year I'm easily seeing Ryback dominate the Rumble, eventually eliminating 5 or 6 guys in a very short span and then starting his "FEED ME MORE CHANT!" which would make the crowd pop like no other, especially at the Rumble, it's like the chant was made just for this occasion. Anyway something is bound to happen to him so I was wondering your guys thoughts. Personally, I think it'd be cool if he'd run down 7 or 8 guys total and then while we anticipate the next arrival we all hear the familiar music of Brock Lesnar. Maybe you all aren't for Brock vs Ryback, but can you imagine the atmosphere in that ring at that time? Since no one would seemingly be able to beat Ryback we're going to need a big guy in there, and there's only a 0.01% chance of that music hitting and Goldberg appearing. So what do you guys think?

Like SMKM said, I could see Lesnar appearing in it. Maybe Ryback entering at around 20, eliminating about 2-3 people then as each person comes out Ryback just dominates and easily eliminates them. Until number 30, where Lesnar's music hits - the roof would blow off the building!

With TLC over and done with and the 1st week of shows (Raw and Smackdown) also done with, we are officialy on oour way to the Rumble. As of now we have one match on the card with Punk v Rock for the title. It was also announced that Ryback will get his shot on the 1st Raw of the new year (1/7/13). To me this looks like nothing more than a token title shot as it will be a TLC match which gives the WE alot of outs as to keeping the strap on Punk while keeping Ryback looking strong.

At the moment it looks like the rest of the card could be filled out with Kofi/Barrett for the IC Title, Team Hell No/Rhodes Scholars for the Tag Titles, and a Diva match. 4 matches should be enough when paired with the Rumble.

As for the Rumble, this is an interesting year. Not factoring in returning wrestlers who could win the Rumble, there is no real clear cut choice. But here is a list of guys who can have a case made for them:

Sheamus

He won it ast year and we have not seen a repeat winner since Austin back in 97 and 98. Sheamus is certaintly big enough and in WWE's future plans which could make him a possible candidate and a repeat winner.

Dolph Ziggler

In the midst of a huge push. What makes his situation interesting is that he has the MITB briefcase. Would the WWE have a guy win the Rumble while holding a breifcase thus guarnteeing him 2 title shots?

Ryback

When talking about big pushes one has to include Ryback. He is in favor with the WWE no doubt and also over with the fans. Would seem a little out of place as he will most likely enter the match with 3 consecutive title losses against Punk, but still possible.

Daniel Bryan

Darkhorse for sure, and might not even be in the Rumble match itself if he is involved in a regular match but he is over bigtime and if they pair up Lesnar, Taker, Cena and Rock in some combination and Punk is still champ, a heel Punk v face Bryan for the title has the chance to steal the show and go down as an all time great match. There work over this past summer could have earned them this match if the other main players are not involved with Punk heading into the Rumble.

Miz

Now he's a face and he has never won a Rumble so this would be the last guy I would consider of guys on the main roster. It's a longshot for sure, but I could see it.

Than you also have to consider Taker and Lesnar as suprise entrants who could win it all depending on what they want them to do at Mania. Either way I'm really looking forward to this Rumble as we have The Rock and a Rumble that can go in any direction.

Well we all know that CM Punk vs The Rock is happening at the Royal Rumble PPV. There have even been talks about Cena vs Rock 2 for some reason at WM. Well the theme for much of the year has been about CM Punk gaining "respect" and a big part of the year he feuded with Cena to get him to respect Punk. At the Slammy's Cena got superstar of the year, although barely winning major matches, being the first unsuccessful MITB cash in, losing cleanly to someone who is currently jobbing(Tensai), etc. CM Punk held the belt all year and of course came out and made his whole little deal after Cena passed the award to Flair and went on to talk about his year plus reign etc, etc. Now to the point..What if during the match with Punk vs Rock at Mania, Cena comes out and gives Rock an AA during a People's Elbow and helps Punk pin him. The crowd erupts in boos galore, and the next week on Raw Cena cuts a promo talking about how he respects Punk. He admits Punk had the better year, was the better wrestler, and was tired of people like himself and Punk having to bust their asses only to get booed and overshadowed by people like "Dwayne".

Do you think this could work?

Do you think this would be an appropriate way to turn Cena?

What feuds do you see coming about from this?

Discuss please.

I don't think that would be a real heel turn cause Cena's already cut promos about respecting Punk more than The Rock and him & Punk busting their asses off only for Rock to come in and overshadow them, and Rock cost Cena his WWE Title match at WM 27, so this would just be a case of him getting payback by doing the same to him not him turning heel. Everybody knows that Cena & Rock hate each others guts, so nobody would see it as a heel turn. The only way it would be clear that Cena is turning heel is if he turns on another babyface who fans know he is friends with. Plus it would be pointless to turn Cena heel just for his rematch with Rock, it's not like Rock is gonna stay on after Wrestlemania, so they're gonna need Cena to remain their top face once Rock is gone. Rock vs. Cena 2 would sell better anyway with both of them going in as babyfaces, the crowd would erupt in the match like last year with one half on Rocky's side and the other on Cena's side, it doesn't get more epic than two of the top babyfaces facing each other on the biggest stage of em all.

As much as I want to see The Rock win the WWE title, I would book it so that CM Punk wins at the Royal Rumble, with The Rock winning the title in the Elimination Chamber.

That way CM Punk has a big victory against The Rock, Punk will look weak if Rock beats him and doesn't return the favour. That's why Rock should return the favour to Cena too.

That way CM Punk has a big victory against The Rock, Punk will look weak if Rock beats him and doesn't return the favour. That's why Rock should return the favour to Cena too.

CM Punk should look weak, he's a heel :shrug:

Anyhow, at this moment, I'm going with Cena. If Rock takes the strap from Punk and Cena wins the Rumble, WWE can set up Rock/Cena II and avoid constant criticism of repeating that "once in a lifetime" match. If the chips fall in that fashion, how can WWE (kayfabe, obviously) be blamed for putting them into a rematch?

Other possibilities? If Punk can't go at Royal Rumble (injured), put the strap up for grabs in the Rumble match. Rock wins, breaking Cena's heart once again. Cena gets his revenge at WrestleMania, with the Elimination Chamber being for the #1 contender's spot instead of the strap.

Other potential winners - Ryback, Sheamus, Orton or whoever else they decide should chase the WHC, once again making the Rumble match less important.

Punk vs. Rock at the Rumble. Punk is a Paul Heyman guy, Lesnar is a Paul Heyman guy. Lesnar costs The Rock the title which then gives you the biggest match that WWE could possibly put on at Mania (Rock/Brock) and stops The Rock having a clumsy title reign.

Somebody who Punk can legitimately put over at Mania then wins the Rumble. Cena seems like the obvious choice but who actually wants to see him win The Rumble only to face Punk, who he's faced numerous times already, or have a rematch with The Rock.

A lot of people do NOT want this match to happen. A lot of people say that the WWE would be "stupid" to let this match happen and that they would ruin everything. Oh how the IWC makes me laugh. Last time I checked you guys don't book matches nor have and experience in professional wrestling....

The point I'm trying to make is, why not let this match happen? Ryback whether you like him or not is over, Vince loves him, he is, barring a wellness policy violation or career ending injury, the next big star, if Cena tomorrow would be ut out of action indefinitely, Ryback is your next guy, not Sheamus, not Punk, not Daniel Bryan. Punk will remain te top heel, Ryback the top face. So, if Ryback is to eventually carry the company, why not let him get a rub from Rock? What is so wrong with seeing these two face each other? I personally would love to see this match happen. Win or lose, Ryback going toe to toe with the Great One would do wonders to Ryback. Hell having interference from The Shield so Rock wins the title would be perfect so Ryback doesn't lose to the Rock, but Rock doesn't win fairly. Not saying it'll be a great match, but it sure as hell would be more entertaining than Rock/Cena II.

The second point I would like to address. "WE WANNA SEE ROCK VS PUNK! DON'T RUIN THIS! THIS IS YOUR ONE CHANCE TO DO THINGS RIGHT!" .....So you want to see this match? This match is going to draw right? Why not let Rock vs Punk be at the Grandest Stage of them All? Why not let Punk drop the title this upcoming Raw, Ryback vs Rock at the Rumble, The Rock wins the title, and Punk wins the Rumble, Wrestlemania is set in stone. Why must we have it be Rock vs Punk, Punk drop the title, and then have to sit through Cena vs Rock in another boring match?

What is so wrong with Ryback vs Rock? I say there's nothing wrong with it, and the WWE should throw us a screwball and do the exact opposite of what everyone is expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back