• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**Merged** Orton Verbally Lays the Smacketh Down on Rock's Candy Ass

yo you shouldn't just be posting to bash orton. he made good points but of course orton is gonna back the man he's worked with for so long.
and to the people who say he's jealous cause he couldn't get a pop like the rock did after 7 years, um of course someone coming back after 7 years is gonna get a bigger pop than the guy there every week. and no one will ever get pop like the great one anyway. im sure orton was just trying to make cena look better because cena is looking worse with the rock being there.

Is he speaking out of jealousy?

Is he speaking for the whole locker room?

Is it kayfabe?

Is it Orton being an asshole?

Is it Orton backing his buddy Cena up?

Please continue discussing....

1. No he is not speaking out of jealousy. Reason being is that he is 100 percent correct on everything he said. I do not doubt The Rock's love for the business either. Never had. He accomplished everything and wanted to do other things. Fail to see how that is a crime. If anything people who bitch about him "turning his back" on the wrestling community are the ones at fault. How can people be so selfish because Rock doesn't want to do this until he's paralyzed from the neck down?

But the other hand, Orton is right about Cena. Love Cena or hate him, you cannot deny what he does for this business and how much he has and always will dedicate his life to the fans of the WWE.

2. Who knows? He may or may not be speaking for everyone. Some people may be upset that The Rock has come back and think he has taken the spotlight off of all of them, others may be excited to see the man again.

3. I don't think it's kayfabe. Orton is just speaking facts. Cena will not necessarily be outshined monday because of all the blind Rock marks cheering like crazy for Rock. I don't mean blind in really a bad way just the fact that well, Its John Cena and Rock. We all know how that would go and what side the majority of people will go on sadly.

4. Nah, Orton isn't being an ass at all. He recognizes Cena's talent which everyone should, but everyone is just so obsessed with guys like Rock and Austin, you know the so called "glory days" of wrestling that they think Cena will never be on par with any of the past greats. Get over it guys its a different era and Cena is the best of this era.

5. Could be. I would bet Orton respects Cena more than Rock. I doubt he was told by WWE or anyone else to say those comments. It's probably just what he believes and I agree 100% with what he said. Rock is either more entertaining or he is not, it depends on how you look at it. Rock got over with his 100 catchphrases and undeniable charisma. Cena got over because he is someone people look up to and does this for the moment and not a paycheck. No matter how this face off turns out, if I were live in attendance, I would be on team CeNation hands down. Though I was never much of a Rock fan in the first place.

First thing I have to say is I think its hilarious there are so many people on here against the Rock simply because he left the wrestling business to make movies, the truth is every wrestler would do it if they had the chance to have a REAL career in Hollywood, what movies outside of WWE films has Cena Made? Also, the Rock did just fine in the ring and had plenty of great matches without blood, blading or gimmicks (his matches with Benoit, Angle, Austin, his iron man match with HHH). Can't we just be happy that we are able to see this in our lifetime because a year ago I would have never though Rock and Cena would be feuding.

Now onto the topic at hand I think a good part of the reason Orton said what he said is because Cena is a full time wrestler and the current face of the WWE whereas the Rock is a face from the past, you ALWAYS want to put over the current guys. I think Orton probably would have backed the Rock if he was currently on the roster and Cena was around 10 years ago, it just better business.

I don't think its kayfabe because I don't see Orton getting involved in the match or having a feud with the Rock so if it was kayfabe then there is no reason for it. I think alot of where Orton coming from also stems from the fact that he thinks Cena is getting pushed to the side by most fans in favor of the Rock. Its not Cenas fault as it would happen to any wrestler, but Orton is probably defending Cena because he thinks Cena can be just as good as the Rock if not better (lets be honest, I really doubt he REALLY thinks Cena is 10x better than the Rock in every way, if he did he must of been drunk or high or something).

Orton is backing his friend and locker room brother, the Rock isn't a part of the locker room anymore (I'm sure he doesn't work for the WWE but is doing a program for them, he will be gone soon) and its not smart for current talent to put the Rock over Cena, really its bad for business. You want to make people think that the current roster can hang with and even be better then legends from the past, you don't want the current roster looking inferior.

All in all I think Orton is trying to accomplish 3 things with what he said:

1) The current stars of WWE are just as good if not better than the legends of the past
2) Since most people don't see Cena isn't on the same level as the Rock he is trying to build Cena up so the fans see them on the same level
3) Cena's a friend and a locker room comrade, whereas the Rock in a lot of ways is now an outsider. The Rock is now an ACTOR not a WRESTLER, so its a bad idea to build the outsider over the current face of the WWE, if anything it should be the other way around. (All I got to say is this, if they DO have a match, they BETTER give the W to Cena).

I don't think Orton was trying to trash the Rock, he was just trying to build up Cena.

Both Cena and Orton have noted reputations for being selfish and refusing to help put anyone else over. The Rock never did. Before you defend Orton, just remember Mr Kennady, Kofi Kingston, and Husky Harris. People whos careers took a nose dive because Randy 'the Career Killer' chose to bury them and Cena is no better. Maybe they both feel threatened because the Rock is at a level neither ould be able to attain.

When? I know that Orton has had issues before, but I would like REAL examples, or proof about this. I know that most wrestling fans like to make up their own facts to prove their own points, never truly having proof of it.

Im not some big Cena mark, but I do respect his work. And I also respect facts.

Orton has made a lot of mistakes in the past. But are we all going to sit here, and say that Rock never did? Must I mention the Royal Rumble chair shot debacle with Mick Foley. Which did nothing but make Rock look ruthless, yet disgusted micks family? That is undoubtedly selfish.

The Wwe has for about 2 years, brought up SO many young talents, and once they get to Mania, they stumble? And just throw them out in random matches? Yet, the hype around the rocks ''Hosting'' it gets top billing?

It not only decreases everyones caring for the title, but the champion itself.

Every top wrestler...EVERY single one of them up to this point, has done things very questionable in their careers. Rock is NO different.

But

My question is, where do people get off saying that Orton is selling lies. How about not everything that comes out a wrestlers mouth is a work. You don't have to agree with them, but its not all just to eff with the crowd and sell a match.

Orton has VERY valid points, that are hard to debate. The Rock NOW is speaking on his love and passion, which I KNOW he has, yet he also strayed from wanting to acknowledge it for the past 7 years.

Thats called CHEAP POP material

Yikes. It went from cordial to ridiculous in no time here. Let's address the questions shall we?

Is he speaking out of jealousy? No sure. He's not perceived as the top dog so i suppose it's possible.

Is he speaking for the whole locker room? I highly doubt it. Orton likely has a lot of friends in the back, but I can't see this being the feelings overall with everyone in the back.

Is it kayfabe? Likely. Orton and Cena are above all team players which I suspect has helped them get as far as they have. This is clearly just designed to push more heat for the upcoming Raw and for WM27, which it certainly appears to be succeeding at.

Is it Orton being an asshole? I think he's just fanning the flames. Rock put Orton over in the match they had years ago, so I find it hard to accept all of the resentment as genuine.

Is it Orton backing his buddy Cena up? Possibly in part, but this is just pushing the story along. Even on screen when Cena was 'fired' Cena and Orton did the whole respect thing. They're both at the top of the card (though as mentioned Cena is at the very top) and it's at least attributable to the whole respect angle they've been pushing for them.

From orton0384

There is no real hate between these two. There is no real hate between orton and dwayne. Its all an act guys. Lets not go overboard.

I couldn't agree more.

A lot of wrestlers have gone and done films, I really don't understand why everyone is so angry at the Rock for wanting a movie career. nobody wants their favorite wrestler to leave. I among many others didn't want HBK to leave, and when Taker leaves I certainly won't want to see it happen. I get that part. But all the hatred over whether Cena does better promos or whether Orton likes or hates the Rock as much as obviously some people in this thread do?

Pointless. Utterly pointless. And from what I'm gathering not even the point of the thread.

If you like Cena, Orton and the general direction of the WWE now, there's a good chance you may not care for the Attitude era stars, that's fine. I like Rock more than Orton or Cena, but I don't hate any of them.

I just fail to see the point in raging over what is likely a WM27 work to push a verbal feud in this way.

Long time forum lurker, had to register to put in my two cents.

I've been a wrestling fan since I was a 5 year old Hulkamaniac, and I havent stopped watching since. To me, before Rock showed up. Wrestling was getting stale, and Rock gave it an electrifying shot in the arm that it needed. Even Cena admitted that himself in that interview he gave with Yahoo Sports.

I'm not a Cena hater, I respect what he has done for the business, I just find his wrestling style to be boring and his personality to be way overbearing - which is what the kids like, so if it works, all power to you. For this reason alone I've found The Rock to be more entertaining, because he is.

For all the great fruity pebbles jokes and stuff we got from The Rock, what did we get from Cena... a joke about giving The Rock a pearl necklace? Come on now, not funny, and disgusting. To me, Cena has to go way outside the PG rating to cut a promo to measure up, like his tasteless pearl necklace comment. But I think Rock has done a better job staying somewhere in the rating even though he's used some corse language.

Onto Randy Orton's comment. I think its mostly a work, but only a little truthful because he's close to Cena. My thought on The Rock being back for the wrestlers. USE HIM AS A TEACHING TOOL. Don't be bitter he came back 7 years later and destroyed any other thing you've done on a mic before him. See what The Rock does great, and try and learn from it - cause its only going to make them better for it.

First off, if Orton is going to criticize The Rock for not wanting to be known as a wrestler, I'd like to know what he thinks of the WWE telling anyone who will listen that they are not a wrestling company, and that they also want to be recognized for their movies. Secondly,(although this may not be true) when the whole feud started it was reported that the WWE wanted to hold off having them both in the ring together until getting closer to Wrestlemania. How else can you accomplish that any way other than The Rock continuing the feud via sattelite?

If we're going to criticize The Rock for leaving the WWE, what does this mean? Does the WWE own The Rock, along with everbody else? Does he owe it to the WWE to wrestle for them until his body breaks down (like most wrestlers), or until they can't get anymore money out of him?:worship:

OK I think the reason why Orton said what he said was to just throw another log on the fire when John Cena,The Rock,and Miz are all in the same Ring at the same time this coming Monday on RAW.

Ive been a WWF/E Fan since I was 6 years old and have seen them all come and go over the years. I loved it when The Rock came back and announced he would be at Wrestlemania. I had no problem with him making a Career for himself in Hollywood and I believe it when he says he loves this Business. Yeah he was trying to maybe distance himself a little bit from WWE at the time but he knew one day he would have to come back and give back to the Business.

I like John Cena and Randy Orton as well and what they have done for the WWE getting it to where it is right now as well. The two biggest faces of the Company right now and I respect them both. I think its fun for us the Fans to debate on the verbal back & forth between Cena,Orton,and Rock.

If we're going to criticize The Rock for leaving the WWE, what does this mean? Does the WWE own The Rock, along with everbody else? Does he owe it to the WWE to wrestle for them until his body breaks down (like most wrestlers), or until they can't get anymore money out of him?:worship:

Who said it was anything about Rock going away.. It was about how Rock came back.. People sweat their ass off for being in the Main Event at Wrestlemania.. And here Rock comes back and its ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY.. That weakens the confidence of the locker room.. Nostalgia reasons apart, the guys might be feeling "Man, we see this guy after 7 years and he's tearing apart a guy who has busted his ass during this time and promoted the company as if his life depended on it.. Should he be allowed to do so??"

Its this question that is being raised here which I believe has led to Randy Orton saying such things..

Randy Orton seems full of crap.

Really, so Rock is scripted but Cena is off the cuff..really..so Cena always carries a purple pinwheel with him all the time? Of course Cena is scripted, I'm sure he had written something of an outline of what digs he was gonna say about the ROCK.

The whole Rock and Cena angle is just that..and angle, born out some real statements about the Rock and Vince seeing $$$ in a Rock vs Cena match.

Orton has always came off as something of a prick. Im sure he has some ego problems with the Rock coming in and destroying any of his pops 3 fold.

Does he really believe the Rock doesn't respect the business? Remember when back around 2001-2002 that Rocky had to cut short a hiatus for a movie because Stone Cold jumped ship with that whole fiasco with Brock, SCSA and Vince and beating Deborah ( not a dig..I like Stone Cold) He put his career at risk with movie insurance companies because of his return.....

Rock left in good shape, and didn't want to end up like Hogan or others who end up beat to crap by being wrestling too long. Who would blame him? You think if Orton coould make it in movies with big paydays, he wouldn't leave?

He's been around the biz all his life, paid his dues. I like Rock and Cena, but anyone that doesn't realize its mostly a work is forgetting the nature of the biz.

I guess Randy forgot when Rock and Mick Foley LOST to Him and EVOLUTION at Wrestlemania 20...at the grandest stage they could've demanded that the Rock n Sock won,..but they pushed them.

Orton is either Jealous, or Working the angle.

There is no doubt in my mind that this tweet is the product of kayfabe. You may say it makes no sense and that he's jealous but look at what it's making us do: Talk. 6 pages (and counting) in this thread?! We can't get enough of the possibilities of this tweet's meaning.

The meaning was simple though, it was to cause conversation among us and make people wonder what's going on in the locker room as a whole, adding more hype to the Cena/Rock rivalry. I highly doubt Orton feels the way his tweet implies (Cena being 10x better in the ring really put it over the top) but his support of Cena gets people talking like the way this thread is being viewed and commented on.

Mission Accomplished Randy.

There is no doubt in my mind that this tweet is the product of kayfabe. You may say it makes no sense and that he's jealous but look at what it's making us do: Talk. 6 pages (and counting) in this thread?! We can't get enough of the possibilities of this tweet's meaning.

The meaning was simple though, it was to cause conversation among us and make people wonder what's going on in the locker room as a whole, adding more hype to the Cena/Rock rivalry. I highly doubt Orton feels the way his tweet implies (Cena being 10x better in the ring really put it over the top) but his support of Cena gets people talking like the way this thread is being viewed and commented on.

Mission Accomplished Randy.

Kindly read the thread intro before posting mate.. It wasn't a tweet.. It was a live interview with an ESPN Broadcaster.. A whole long interview... There's a difference in both.. You can tweet whatever you feel like [From Y2J-Miz wars {PS They're hilarious} to Bret Hart- Hogan wars] but not in an interview with a broadcaster of the company of the magnitude of ESPN...

So again, check your facts...

I was very shocked when i read the comments by Randy. I think he's jelous. Rocky comes back after how many years?... And gets a huge crowd reaction, one which Randy could only dream of and for Randy to say Cena would "own" Rocky, is he fuckin serious?! Your ******ed if you say Cena is better than Rocky in any way. A blind person would even say Rocky is the better of the two!.

As far as the scripted promos i think Rocky's are not scripted but if they are so what. Rocky's promos are a million trillion better than Cena's. They are more interesting, funnier, more intense, do not bore me and a not chessy and the same like all of Cena's promos.

If Randy is telling the truth by saying Cena's promos are done all by himself then he needs to do something different or have them scripted.

BTW i have taken more interest in WM because of Rocky as has my brothers and sisters who dont watch wrestling as much but cannot wait for WM because of Rocky's involvement in the PPV.

It's just Orton being Cena's delusional bumchum as usual. Those two have teamed up in the last 2 years in order to gain a bit more power, the Kennedy fiasco in particular. I'm quite certain that Cena felt threatened by Kennedy's mic skills.
Stating the obvious, Orton is flatout wrong. It took Rock 3 minutes to turn people against Cena and you can expect it to happen again this Monday when Rock once again destroys The All American Boy Scout.

Following is a part of an interview of Randy Orton with ESPN guy John Robinson

Now before we move any further into the topic, there is a very clear statement that very few will disagree with "ROCK IS A BETTER SUPERSTAR THAN CENA!!" Now not every-one, but I still say that a majority will agree with this..

Keeping that in mind, after reading the comments of Randy Orton do you think that the locker room is much more firmly behind Cena at this point of time.. Of course most of the adult section of the WWE Universe is firmly standing behind their favorite "Rocky" because of the nostalgic reasons, but apart from that do you think that the Locker room is resenting Rock for coming out and stealing their lime-light.. Keep in mind, Last Year's Wrestlemania was a bit more star studded than this time around.. This time their are more new members in the show.. Do they think that Rock being there will take the attention away from the time, the first time they are being asked to do so..??

Please discuss and no spamming..

1. The locker room could be behind Cena more just cause most of them work w/Cena. What I mean by this is that if Cena/Rock had a match most of the boys in the back would be pro Cena cause thats who they worked w/most so that makes sense but guys like Y2J, Edge, Chistian, HHH, Kane & Undertaker would be pro Rock. I don't believe the locker room feel the way Orton feels, hell I don't believe Orton feels this way, he is just tryn to even the playing field cause Rock is the favorite out the two. As you can see from the comments the only ppl are agreeing w/Orton's comments are the die hard Cena fans & the bitter Rock fans that for some god earthly reason thinks he owes them something. SMH :rolleyes:

2.No I don't believe the Locker room is resenting Rock for coming out and stealing their lime-light, because he isn't stealing anything from them. The Rock is bringing in old viewers so this can only benefit the new talent cause hopefully old fans will see the new guys & go "Damn these guys arent as bad as I thought I'm going to keep watching wrestling after Rock leaves again!" Not to mention if they have resentment to Rock then they should have resentment to every other legend that comes in & out & stills the show. HHH & Undertaker have been gone & they come back & there match is being pushed as the biggest at Mania & there not even wrestling matches on Raw or Smackdown, just promos. Stonecold been gone as well but everytime he comes back its a big deal so are they mad at Austin too. My point is Legends like Austin, Rock, HHH, & Undertaker have already pay there dues years ago so they have a right to be center of attention when ever the decide to come pop up no matter how long they been gone. If it wasn't for them it wouldn't be a WWE so if in fact the locker room is pissed then they need to get there priorities straight.

3. They shouldn't feel like Rock is taking attention away from them when in fact he & the other legends I mention above are bringing attention to them Rock being there is helping the new talent so I don't believe there's real beef. Like I said before I don't believe that Orton really feels the way he says he does either lets not forget that The Rock is the same guy that came back & Co pushed Orton & Batista at there 1st Mania. I can't really believe Orton has any real negative feelings about a man that did that for him. He is just evening the playing field by saying shit that will get the bitter Rock fans to join Cena side, I mean really look at some of the things he said, its complete nonsense & from some of these posters in looks like its kinda working.

John Cena, and by extension, Randy Orton are right. I love the nostalgia aspect of the Rock's return, don't get me wrong. But, he is a hypocrite, and got rightly called out on it. It isn't about being a slave, its about disappearing for 7 years, and then pandering to the crowd, telling them how he is back for good, how he never abandoned them, how he is proud of his time as a wrestler, when anyone with even half of a brain knows damn well he is full of shit. He left the world of wresting for what he thought would be greener pastures. He thought he was going to be be the next huge movie star. He thought he was too big for wrestling anymore. He thought he was going to be the next Stallone, the next Schwarzenegger. Instead, he ends up being a tooth fairy who drives whiny alien kids to a fucking mountain. He came back because his movies have steadily done worse at the box office. he isn't the huge movie star he thought he was going to be. He finally realized that he needs the wrestling fans to remain relevant.

This isn't about which wrestler you like better, its about which "wrestler" is actually telling the truth. For all of Cena's movies, he always came back. Movies were side projects, to be done in addition to his wrestling career. For the Rock, movies were the only project he wanted. For seven years. The Rock did abandon wrestling, he did tell everyone he was Dwayne Johnson, not the Rock. Every interview he gave, he always told the interviewer about how wrestling was his past, not his future. He only gives a damn about WWE fans insofar as they continue to buy movie tickets for his piece of shit movies. Yeah, Cena has made some groaners, but the Rock paved the way in that category, because his movies were all Oscar winners, weren't they?

I hate the fact that I have to side with John Cena. I love the Rock as a character. But, he did abandon the WWE. He shit on every WWE fan that ever bought a Rock T-shirt when he attempted to erase his wrestling past. If it wasn't Wrestlemania, and the huge payday that he is guaranteed to get, would he have "returned"? If this was October, and it was only building up to Bragging Rights, does he return? Hell no. After Wrestlemania, after Dwayne Johnson gets his paycheck, how much are we going to see him? Anyone want to place any bets on whether he sticks around for Extreme Rules or Over the Limit? Or is he going to disappear for another 7 years, all the while claiming that he is never leaving? My money is on the Rock disappearing again.

Both John Cena and the Rock are capable of talking a good talk. But, John Cena has been walking the walk for the past 9 years, while the Rock has been making movies. I would love to believe that the Rock meant every word he said in his return promo, but I can't. I can't believe a damn word he said in that promo. As good as it was, it was a fabrication. A lie. We all know he is going to leave again, sooner rather than later. While John Cena is proud to call himself a WWE Wrestler/Superstar, its only been for the last month and a half that Dwayne Johnson rediscovered his pride. He spent the better part of the last 7 years telling everyone he was a movie star, not a wrestler, how wrestling was the past, how he would never wrestle again, etc. Dwayne Johnson did everything he could to tell people he wasn't a wrestler anymore, but a movie star, while John Cena does everything he can to tell you he is a wrestler.

I am not a young newbie. I have been watching pro wrestling since the early 1980s. I watched the entire run of Hulkamania, saw Flair become the dirtiest player in the game, witnessed the rise and fall of WCCW, WCW and ECW (the real ECW, not WWECW). I was there before the Attitude era, during the Attitude era, and now, during the PG era. I LOVED the Rock, once upon a time. To this day, he gives a better promo than 99% of the business. I am not questioning his ability to provoke a crowd reaction, he has always been a master at that. I just don't like being lied to, and I feel that Dwayne Johnson is lying to everyone when he says he is back for good. If he is still involved in the WWE at Summerslam, if he is still there at Night of Champions, I will be glad to admit I was wrong about everything. I will gladly eat my words about the Rock's commitment to the WWE and pro wrestling in general. I want him to be telling the truth, I am just old enough to know that if it sounds like bullshit, smells like bullshit and looks like bullshit, it's probably bullshit.

When John Cena tells us how much he loves the WWE, he proves it every week by going out there and entertaining the fans. When Dwayne Johnson tells us how much he loves the WWE, I have to ask, if you love it so much, where have you been? Even Steve Austin makes a couple of appearances a year, every year since he retired. He left because he had to. Injuries forced him out. Rock, you left because you wanted to, and ignored the WWE for almost seven years. You want me back as a fan? Prove it by being here long after Wrestlemania and that fat paycheck is gone.

I think that the WWE is going to go one of two ways with this one:
A) They are going to build Orton vs. The Rock for Summerslam and then Cena vs. The Rock for Wrestlemania 28 guaranteeing high pay-per-view buys for each event. Or B) they are going to try and do an angle with the stars of today against the stars of the previous era, i.e. The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin with a culmination at either Wrestlemania 28 or Summerslam. It seems like there is going to be more to this and it is going in that kind of direction. What you think?

Ah, I can't believe I, one of the biggest anti-Orton guys probably on the planet (check some of my posts if you don't believe me), am going to defend Mr. Viper here. Maybe the world IS coming to an end soon. Sigh.

I actually understood where Randy was coming from. I mean, Rock has kind of segregated himself, through his own words and actions, from the wrestling biz and then expects people to bow down to him when he pops back in. And Cena has been there, busting his hump and giving it his all. I'd also venture to say that in an actual fight, Cena would own Rocky too.

Yeah, Rock's giving people a nostalgia kick and a Hollywood rub, but I think he'd work better in his old heel gimmick from when he came back and feuded w/Stone Cold. That had more of a natural feel to it since he was acting like the "better than everybody", arrogant Hollywood guy. It'd make more sense also, considering Cena's the one that's been doing more in his short time as top face than Rock ever did during his time at the top.

Is there some jealousy? Maybe so, but also rightfully so. Why take a couple steps back from the effort you've been putting into building new, younger guys by having Rock come in and act like he's never been gone? WrestleMania host is one thing, and doing a little angle w/him is fine, but I think the focus put on the guy in the way that it has is a little much and not very fair to the younger talent. There are plenty of hard working guys that are busting their tails to get to a higher position and to get put on pause and have all that work seem like it's been almost for nothing is probably, at the very least, a small slap in the face.

Nice to see people have selective amnesia and reading comprehension problems.
1. The Rock made appearences for the WWE to induct his father and grandfather.
2. He did it around busy movie schedules.
3. Cena clearly has less acting talent and less in ring talent. The Rock has 5 matches of the year, Cena has 1 because of HBK.
4. You keep talking about the Rock but still overlook the fact that Cena was backstage for the Rock's 1st promo and hid the whole time, when he could of walked out and confronted him and how Cena is so brave when he knows the Rock isn't present.

When John Cena tells us how much he loves the WWE, he proves it every week by going out there and entertaining the fans. When Dwayne Johnson tells us how much he loves the WWE, I have to ask, if you love it so much, where have you been? Even Steve Austin makes a couple of appearances a year, every year since he retired. He left because he had to. Injuries forced him out. Rock, you left because you wanted to, and ignored the WWE for almost seven years. You want me back as a fan? Prove it by being here long after Wrestlemania and that fat paycheck is gone.
Or maybe Cena just loves it because he would fail miserably at any other entertainment venture outside of wrestling. I would bet you that if a Hollywood producer would offer Cena2 or 3 times what he is making now to start making movies, Cena would leave with no remorse...

I smell jealousy from these losers in the wwe.. Oh the rock left from been a wrestle to been an actor who wouldnt do that.. U want to make 500k a year wrestling 300 days a year, or make acouple million doing 1 movie anybody with half a brain would take the money.. Orton to me is a boring wannabe stone cold who fell off after wrestlemania 24 so his opinion doesnt mean shit. you'll never cut promos like the rock, ull never have classic wwe moments like the rock and you will never get half the pop the rock gets.. and cena bin wrestling 300 days a year you would think he would learn a thing or 2 in the ring HA HA HA HA

FINALLY SOMEBODY HAS SPOKEN SOME TRUTH!

The Rock is without a doubt an utter piece of shit. The people here who are ripping into this, are the same fans that The Rock has brainwashed. I don't understand why he came back because even with the roster that WWE had now, WrestleMania would still have been a great fucking card.

Once more, Randy has a brain and you fans don't. The only thing you have to go off of is The Rock's past which was in an era when all you needed to do in a match was blade and you got a push. Cena and Orton wrestle in an era where, believe it or not, their IN-RING WORK gets them over. They need the blood, the pre-written catchphrases, or to come back to the WWE when their movie career fails... because they have the in-ring work to draw in crowds.

On a side note, that sort of relates to this topic, I've read the entire interview and I found it was a very interesting read up to say the least. I highly recommend anybody to go check it out.

actually the reason the rock has not been on tv is because wwe made that way, they wanted him to stay off tv so when he was at wrestlemania so it would feel special it was on a wz report a couple weeks back

You know I been reading stuff on this website for sometime now before I decided to join & start putting my to cents in on subjects, & I have come to realize that what some have posted about is true. Some of you guys are never satisfied, some of you bitched, moaned, & complained about how The Rock was gone & he left w/out thanking us blah blah blah, he was still young he could give us one more match blah blah blah. Now The Rock has come back just like he said he would he never said he wasn't coming back, he said he wasn't wrestling a match again cause there was no one he wanted to fight w/& he said he didn't want to run in a PG program, but who cares about what he said wrestlers lie all the time anyways. How many have said they where done & never doing a match again just to come back anyways. His back now & he thanked you ungrateful bastards & told us all that he is never going away, do you guys not understand what he meant when he said that? He said that so you ppl could understand that no matter how many times he leaves & no matter how long he is gone, he is never gone for good or forever. He has said all that & some of you still bitch, whine, & complain WHY?

Now I don't know what some of you are talking about or have heard or read, cause I never heard The Rock say to a person that they couldn't call him The Rock no more & I never seen him act like he never was a wrestler how the hell can he do that anyways when wrestling is the reason for his fame in the 1st place. I have heard him say many of times that he will always be The Rock & his friends & family still call him Rock & if it wasn't for wrestling he wouldn't be where he is today. So can someone please give me the link to where the words came out of The Rock's mouth that ppl can't call him The Rock no more just cause he went w/his real name for movies. Can someone give me the link to when he acted like he was never a wrestler or shamed of his wrestling career. When did he bad mouth the WWE please tell me, cause I would really like to understand the bitterness from some of you fans. NEWS FLASH PPL Rock's not the 1st famous person to use his real name when crossing over to movies, this is what a person does when they want to be taken serious in Hollywood.

On to the topic I will say it again most of Randy comments can't be his real opinion, I don't believe that he could really have negative things to say about Rock when Rock was one of the guys that put his ass over when he was a nobody tryn to be a somebody w/Evolution. PPL are jumping on Cena's team cause of these comments that are obviously way to over the top to be Orton's real feelings toward Rock. Some of these comments has to be just to help put Cena over in this feud. He couldn't possibly believe Cena is that good, & I don't believe the boys in the back feel this way either cause Rock being there helps them out since the ratings has been down some since him & other legends left.

Haha @ Randy Orton working people.

Plain and simple, he's looking to get this type of reaction. Nothing like this is unplanned. Second, if he did mean it, he's an idiot. If you buy into it, you're not too smart either. Meanwhile Vince is cashing more checks. I'll go there just for the sake of argument though.

Is the locker room behind Cena or Orton? Who cares? They're workers. Vince will end up screwing them like he does just about everyone. Orton's a worker bee, Cena's a worker bee. They've tried movies and they're not gonna make it. So they're done outside the WWE.

Everyone comparing the Rock to Cena as to who is better? Well you and I both know it's Rocky. Cena doesn't have the crowd eating out of his palm. He doesn't have the audience hanging on his every word. At best, he's the biggest fish in a pond that's drying up. Cena's the king of low PPV buyrates and 3.4 ratings.

Because of the Rock and people like Hogan (and to a lesser extent Brock Lesnar)...maybe....just MAYBE they'll have a chance outside the wrestling world.

I'm sorry I didn't know it was an interview but regardless I think it's still a work. Especially with a nationally known network like ESPN, the WWE Superstars always bring their A-game and say the right things to turn heads. Randy was simply doing that by defending Cena in the interview

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back