• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] R-Truth Is The New US Champion

Simple fact is R-Truth has not had any sustained push in WWe, so in the current scenario- No, he does not deserve the US Belt. Truth is suffering from exTNA syndrome, good enough to put other talent over but not good enough to get a sustained push of his own (see also Christian and Gail Kim). So yes, I do see Teddy taking the US Belt very shortly and I'd be surprised if he wins anymore singles belts (he may have a future as a tag teamer with someone like MVP- although they're on different brands at the moment).

i'm not a big fan of r-truth's character to be honest. the whole rap thing has been done to death and never works out for someone longer than a few months. he needs to be repackaged into something different.

as far as him losing to dibiasi; i think they will keep the strap on him for at least one more big match and see if it helps him get more over with the crowd. if not, i think r-truth will eventually lose it within a month after that.

I must be in the minority but I honestly don't see Dibiase winning the title anytime soon. If they were just going to have him win the US title after a couple months, then what was the point of him bringing back and carrying the Million Dollar belt? I believe they brought it back to be more then just a prop and he's going to have some kind of feud with it.

RAW is lacking in terms of mid card faces that are realistic US title contenders so it makes sense to have R Truth as the champion and have him take on heels like Miz, Dibiase, Regal, Ryder, and Big Zeke whenever he returns from injury.

I don't see why R-Truth should be a Transitional Champ. He's extremely over as a face. What has Ted Dibiase done to deserve a lengthy title reign?

I like Ted, but he has to use his father's old gimmick to get over, because he's having trouble doing it on his own.

Truth is probably the the 3rd most over face on Raw after Cena and Orton. So, he deserves his title shot.

You guys are right trith will be a transitional champ but your thinking of all the wrong reasons. Yes its very possible Ted will take the title however your talking bout their fued. What fued? they had a match at OTL and the fued was not furthered on RAW. Truth's push has been in the making since he came back to WWE in 08 the reason he will be a transitional champ is because he has criminal issues that prevent him from entering certain countries like Canada for one which is one of WWE's biggets markets and you can not push a champ like that. WWE returns to Canada in September so it will be interesting to see if he still has it which I highly doubt. TBH if Morrison wasn't injured he would be US champ right now IMO

I think R Truth deserves his current push. He's very popular and pretty good in the ring. I think it's a good thing WWE is finally pushing a TNA made star. I think he will hold the title for a little while. Then ultimately lose it to Dibiase, but not right away.

Criminal issues? They should turn him heel and use that. Have him be like Cryme Tyme, but with credibility. We all remember Nailz, right?

But to answer the question, I think he will be a transitional champ. I simply just don't find him that interesting. As someone said, the rapper gimmick is played out and I just think it's annoying. Remember when WCW had Master P come in and feud with the West Texas Rednecks? They were supposed to be faces but the fans hated rap so they just booed them.

i can't believe no one knows why r truth actually won the title. Its because next tuesday otunga is going to win nxt and going to face his pro at fatal fourway. They clearly want otunga to win after he hosted raw. And otuga has been feuding with r truth for a while.

You guys are right trith will be a transitional champ but your thinking of all the wrong reasons. Yes its very possible Ted will take the title however your talking bout their fued. What fued? they had a match at OTL and the fued was not furthered on RAW. Truth's push has been in the making since he came back to WWE in 08 the reason he will be a transitional champ is because he has criminal issues that prevent him from entering certain countries like Canada for one which is one of WWE's biggets markets and you can not push a champ like that. WWE returns to Canada in September so it will be interesting to see if he still has it which I highly doubt. TBH if Morrison wasn't injured he would be US champ right now IMO

EXACTLY RIGHT.This is the same reason MVP can't hold a belt.Both these guys are over with the crowd,people love them,but with those criminal records,the WWE can't have a belt on them too long because some countries won't allow them to visit.You can't be a lengthy champion if you can't defend the title across the world.In other terms of deserving the title,he's long overdue.He's great with fans,and is always fun to watch in the ring.Let's see if any of us will be doing splits at age 38 :wtf:

But As someone said, the rapper gimmick is played out and I just think it's annoying. Remember when WCW had Master P come in and feud with the West Texas Rednecks? They were supposed to be faces but the fans hated rap so they just booed them.

This is borderline stupid...its 2 different things Master P and his crew didnt get over becuz they werent wrestlers they were rappers who had no business in or knowledge of the business and it came across that way. R-Truth is a wrestler who has a history w/ the WWE and he is over already plus he can actually wrestle. I think he deserves a push just as much as any other mid-carder they got right now.

well I guess it isnt the fact that he is a transitional champ per se but because RAW needs midcarders and he is having a great face heat! as someone said he might be right after Orton.

R-Truth is a great athlete in the ring. Problem is, he completely sucks at everything else. There is no way he should have ever won the US title, he's a disgrace to all the legends who wore it before him. I'm so sick of all these guys with the cheesiest gimmicks like Truth and John Cena getting the pushes that other more talented superstars deserve. R-Truth gets a friggin' strap while Christian, one of WWE's most talented superstars gets to tag-team with Hornswaggle!?! Gimme a break. Don't even get me started on Hornswaggle. WWE creative needs to get a clue, their terrible.

Im going to have to disagree with the whole they cant have lengthy reigns because the are criminals arguement because it's not valid MVP had the US title for several months back in 08 I believe and was even billed as the longest reigning US Champ in WWE history. I will agree that maybe a feud between him and otunga could be in the making his "celebrity status" ( which I think is a joke) is exactly what wwe wants. if he truth does not lose the belt to otunga then he will eventually lose it to dibiase. Its time for new faces to get involved in the US title pic other the Miz, I would like to see Miz elevated to lower main even level maybe even put him in the title hunt within the next couple of years. But truth is definitely a fresh face to freshen up the US title feuds.

I think R-Truth deserves the US title, but I do also think he will be a transitional Champ. He is a good talent and former NWA World Champ that is over with the fans, due to his awesome entrance that really gets the crowd involved. He has done alot for the company in getting over talent as well. I feel that with him being as old as he is, 38, that WWE may have felt that this would be one of the last chances to get him a strap before he retires.

i can't believe no one knows why r truth actually won the title. Its because next tuesday otunga is going to win nxt and going to face his pro at fatal fourway. They clearly want otunga to win after he hosted raw. And otuga has been feuding with r truth for a while.

Most importantly though, I have to agree with Dman on this one. When Truth won the title my first thought was it was going to set up Otunga winning NXT. Otunga is the most recongizable name left on NXT since Daniel Bryan was eliminated and he will face R-Truth at Fatal4way for the US title.

dman1373 is absolutely correct... Otunga will win NXT and take the title off R-Truth. The O.P. had the right idea, wrong guy... Truth will pass the U.S. title to Otunga

Truth will hold the title for a bit and will not just lose it in 2 weeks.Why would you take it from him, he gest a decent pop from the crowd and they get on their feet when he starts his song.He has a cool move which younger kids like with the spinning elbow move.So I would see no point in making him lose.I could see him lose it to Ted but not in the near future, he should hold it for a few months and then maybe but he needs this title.his tag run with John Morrison wasn't good so this could be a huge help to him if he again dosen'y lose it striaght away.

I think R Truth deserves his current push. He's very popular and pretty good in the ring. I think it's a good thing WWE is finally pushing a TNA made star. I think he will hold the title for a little while. Then ultimately lose it to Dibiase, but not right away.

Really I guess you don't remember K-Kwik do ya WWE grown. So before you post make sure you get the facts straight before hand. If you really think about it, all champs are transitional champs. Cause champions of anything only keep it briefly and have to give it to the nxt person or as I like to think of "Baskin Robbins, Bubble Gum, or Bread" once they lose their flavor or get stale a new 1 emerges. I hope The Truth keeps it for a while 'cause he deserves it.

He might end up being a transitional champion, but only if Vince has his head up his ass. What exactly is the problem with capitalizing on a Superstar's popularity? He is head and shoulders of just about everybody else in that regard. He is neck and neck with The Miz, way more popular than Dibiase or Morrison, and no one else is even near the discussion. Why doesn't he deserve it? Because his rapping is shitty? Have you guys ever heard of Lil Wayne? His rap is fucking godawful but people proclaim him to be the best rapper in the world. I'd put Truth neck and neck with him. His in ring work is solid, he's not a master technician or anything but he's more than capable of producing a good match with the right person. His promo's aren't the best but honestly, in this day and age, who's are? All this hate on Truth is getting rather annoying. But at least we can see the difference between the posters who have a clue and the ones who don't now.

So my question is to you guys(and girls) do you think dibiase will win the us title from r truth?

Not from R-Truth no, eventually he will, but it won't be from R-Truth, I'm not even sure they're gonna continue their feud, if they were, Ted would be out there cutting a promo on R-Truth (due to his need to be out of ring action) or R-Truth the other way around.

does truth even deserve it(the title)?

Certainly he does, he's contributed to WWE, he's very over with the crowd, there's no need for him to not be holding a championship, it was really needed.

Do you think that r truth will be forever pushed as only a "transitional Champ"?

He hasn't been pushed as one right now, so what makes you think he will be "forever" I don't see him loosing the championship just yet, he may retain a few times, which will be needed, because if he was to ever be considered a transitional champion, WWE would've put belts on him earlier.

R-Truth is not the terrible person or wrestler that i've been reading about on this thread. he's actually a pretty decent wrestler (IMO) and very over with the ground. like it or not, it certainly appears that he's a huge face right now and he's worked his tail off in and out of the WWE, so he's earned this shot.

besides that, the WWE is looking for the next black star to step up, and so Truth (and Kofi) have the belts now and are getting their shots. i think it's a good move and both Truth and Kofi have worked hard and are totally over.

that said, i think Truth will hold on to the belt for awhile. i'd even like to see Truth retain against Otunga, maybe after some interference from Morrison and see a Morrison/Truth build up to a Summerslam title shot, turning Morrison heel. just a long shot thought, but it could work out pretty good. plus, it'd be no slam on Otunga to lose a title match due to interference to a very credible vet, so it's not like he'd get buried.

R-Truth is a great athlete in the ring. Problem is, he completely sucks at everything else. There is no way he should have ever won the US title, he's a disgrace to all the legends who wore it before him. I'm so sick of all these guys with the cheesiest gimmicks like Truth and John Cena getting the pushes that other more talented superstars deserve. R-Truth gets a friggin' strap while Christian, one of WWE's most talented superstars gets to tag-team with Hornswaggle!?! Gimme a break. Don't even get me started on Hornswaggle. WWE creative needs to get a clue, their terrible.

Are you serious? R Truth is good in the ring, good on the mic when given an opportunity, and he is one of the most over guys in the entire company. If that doesn't warrant a push then I don't know what does. The way he has been booked and talked about thus far I don't see him losing the title any time soon.

Truth be told, I'm not a big fan of R-Truth, either.

However, my opinion means dogshit, considering the crowd response that he gets. There is no denying the fact that he gets an insane reaction when his music hits and he begins his entrance to the ring. And he's not too shabby in the ring, either. The guy is a strong black man that doesn't hide his background or try to pull wool over our eyes as to who he really is. He's a true entertainer, a dancer, a rapper, and a gifted athlete.

You want to know why a wrestler gets a push? Listen to the crowd every once in a while. After all, they're the ones giving these men their paychecks. And in the business of pro-wrestling, if the crowd cries loud enough, they'll be given what they want. And they wanted more for R-Truth.

I don't like him much but I completely understand why he's been given this opportunity, so good for him.

I'm seeing some people say he's not good on the mic.How is that possible when the only time he doesn't have the mic in his hand is when he's slappin somebody? R-Truth is great all around and I mark out everytime his music hits.He's gonna be a great chapion(a fighting champion) and his reign will be prominent.And that's WHAT'S UP!

WHAT'S UP???? R-Truth the US Champ is What's Up....His cheesy rap song gets to me sometimes, like maybe he needs a new entrance theme or a slight gimmick change...I think he's a great wrestler though. Truth has some awesome moves and is entertaining to watch..I believe he will have that title for a while. Great future tag team would be him and Kofi..Them two would be great together..they would be tag champs for sure..I forgot to quote somebody, but someone said R-Truth finisher is the lamest on the roster. REALLY???? That stupid kick Seamus uses is the lamest finisher i have seen in a long time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back