*Merged* [OFFICIAL] No More Unified Titles... New WWE Tag Team Titles Thread

It's about time the tag team titles gained one set of new belts. I got tired of each person carrying two belts for one title. But the new belts look pretty sick!

Moderator's Note: This thread is for all discussion about the NEW WWE TAG TEAM TITLE BELTS. It is not a thread for ranting about the other title belts, complaining about the tag division, or other random thoughts. Stick to the subject and remember that THIS IS A NON-SPAM THREAD!

The hart Dyansty were given the new tag titles from Bret Hart and they're no longer unified. Is this a sign of their trying to rebuild the Tag division? Any opinions or thoughts?

I like the circle plates and the copper color. But I don't care that much for the spartan helmets on each belt. Reminds me of WM IX. But Maybe this means we will be getting a new WWE title soon.

My thought is we both started a thread about this at exactly the same time! But seriously, I think it's a sign of the tag team division deteriorating, since 2 shows need 1 tag team title. It demonstrates the LACK of tag teams, not the rebuilding.

The tag team division already deteriorated. There is only 4 tag team/stables. Hart Dyansty, Nexus, Ses, and the Osos.

Gate Crashers and Dude Busters... and i guess you could count Tatsu & Goldust...

But yeah, I see this more as a change in eras than anything... I don't see how new titles determines them strengthening or softening the tag division... It's probably just WWE getting tired of having two sets.

It was the same way when they unified the world and wwe title so what's all the fuss?

I could only pray we get a new WWE championship. lol I LOATHE the spiiner belt design.
I think it's rubbish, I say bring back an older look, or create a nice legit title belt
that doesn't look like some rappers "BLING BLING".
They fixed the Tag title situation up a bit, now to enstablish more tags and what not, also give us some new and exciting story lines that won't bore us to death.

are they leading to unify the women's and divas championship as well. I dont think they would ditch the spinner belt because it a high selling item and if they get rid of it who know what would happen to the sales.

I actually think this is a shot in the arm for the division...........like a previous poster said, why spend all the money on new belts to not try and get some angle/interest in the division..........I have a feeling at NOC, 2 of the Nexus will steal the belts, become champs, and this will bring a couple more teams to try and take out the Nexus.........either way, I don't mean to be spamming here, but Raw has certainly been newsworthy and working off the SSlam heat from last night

With the new logo coming out we're likely to see ALL of the titles get a face lift. That may mean just putting new logos on the existing designs (which I hope is the case because the current IC title design is my favorite belt of all time) but with that dreaded spinner, they probably need to totally redo it.

As revealed on Raw, the Unified Tag Team Championships are no more and were replaced with 2 new belts called WWE Tag Team Championships, the obvious detail on the new belts are the squared off ends of the straps and the all gold face plate design (correct me if I'm wrong).

What I want to know is the following:

1) Do you like the look of the new belts? (personally I despise the look of them)
2) Are you glad there are only 2 belts instead of 4? (I am very glad :D )
3) Do you think this change will impact the tag team division in the WWE? (I honestly think there'll be little/no impact)

With the new logo coming out we're likely to see ALL of the titles get a face lift. That may mean just putting new logos on the existing designs (which I hope is the case because the current IC title design is my favorite belt of all time) but with that dreaded spinner, they probably need to totally redo it.

...and people are still believing that photoshop picture is real! They changed the tag belts because it needed to be done. Nothing to do with any new logo.

Just look at the new tag belts, you really think they would realise a new title belt if they are planning a new logo? Common sense, common sense

All I can say is, it's about time they had just ONE belt for the Tag titles. Although the "2 belts" looked good on The Miz cuz he had the U.S. Title too so he looked awesome. But it's good that they finally went to one belt.

As for the WWE title, it will most likely change when the new logo becomes the norm. Think about it, the main title prominently displays the logo on the current design, so it only makes sense to change it when the new logo comes out. Plus, it's time to do away with the spinner design. I mean it doesn't even spin anymore, it hasn't for a long, long time. They can still sell the replicas, hell they still sell the replica of the belt that Bret held throughout his 5 reigns.

So, the company showed exactly how little the ECW Championship meant by making it, literally, a giant silver medal. The Tag Team Championship belts are copper. And, even worse, the belts had a ton of detail on them, none of which could really be made out, since there was no contrast. These belts are absolutel hideous, toboot.

I hope it is a sign that they are indeed going to put more effort into building, making relevant and bringing some entertainment and credibility back to the tag team "division".

The champs in recent years besides The Harts, Carlito & Primo and Miz & Morrison. Have been 2 singles wrestlers put together. DX, JeriShow, Etc.

I hope they truly make an effort here to push the division. I think it's a way they can push some of the younger talent that hasn't yet found a niche! Sheamus, Miz and guys like that have found their gimmick or are in the middle of their big push.

Evan Bourne could benefit from a tag partner. I am not a big Bourne supporter. I think he is rather exciting at the culmination of a match. Not to say I totally enjoy his matches, I think he is somewhat unbelievable as a Main Eventer if he gets there. To me him having another partner similar to him would be great. He reminds me of MCMG as it is. So maybe him with another good high flyer can sort of be WWE's version of MCMG!

I think they should give Mcintyre a partner. His push, even though it has cooled as of late, seems inevitable! I think he should have to earn it though. With all the problems, his fault or not, he has been involved in. AND the rumors that he is a relatively careless worker. He should have to prove he can work well with someone. Even with multiple people, as a tag match usually involves at least 3 guys other than yourself!

I think giving him a partner that is over for the most part and inserting them in the tag team scene would be smart. Make him do it for about a year. Then give him his push if he proved himself within this team. I'm not sure who would be his partner. Not that people wouldn't want to do it. I am just wondering who would FIT with him. Maybe Swagger in some weird way would fit and also benefit from it as well. I don't know. Just a thought!

What Tag team division??? There is only 2 maybe 3 active tag teams. Hart Dynasty, Dude Busters and the Usos, Morrison and Truth are hardly tag and well Legacy is gone, Dx gone, Mark henry and MVP gone. What WWE should focus on to fit more people in the show is bring back the tag division. I might have left a couple teams off, but maybe if they continue NXT have a Tag Teams instead, bring back Husky harris if he doesn't win and put him with his brother, Johnny Curtis and Derrick Bateman, Donny Marlow and Brodus Clay, and Los Aviadores. It could also be a way to bring in the MCMG or beer money inc if they can swindle them away from TNA. Tag Team Wrestling in WWE needs a revamp,. Thoughts

I cant stand the new tag titles, the boring copper and no contrast on the belts hardly make for stimulating viewing, and dont really grab my attention like some brand spanking new shiny golden belts would!

Who's idea is it to bring in some vile copper things, to replace a couple of sets of belt which looked pretty good themselves... I agree in just having the one belt, but why not one of each of the former belts? One red, one Blue? Would that have been too much to ask for?

i really like the new design, but what do they do with the other tag belts? do they sell them off for charity or something? ive always wondered what they did with the old belts once they bring in new ones.

i really like the new design, but what do they do with the other tag belts? do they sell them off for charity or something? ive always wondered what they did with the old belts once they bring in new ones.

Actually I would imagine there is a vault at WWE HQ in Stamford that contains all the old belts. Where they kept the Million Dollar title until Ted Jr. brought it back.

I personally don't see the big deal. They just got new belts thats all........I admit Im a fan of the 2 sets of belts.To me it makes you seem like a bigshot caring around all those belts but I think they only got them because of the rumored new logo.

I'm glad that finally WWE got rid of the unified tag team titles since there hasn't been any use for them for years now. I'm not a fan of the new roman gladiator design though. The belts look like a boxing championship belt or a belt you would see in Rocky. Which is pretty much the same. I guess you can judge for yourself from this image, but I'm not a fan of the new design. I am glad that there is only one set of tag title belts though.

WWERep_TT_Unified_Whole.png

I'm really digging these new titles. I like the color, and I really like how retro they look. I felt it was time for them to retire the old belts, because it was starting to look rather silly to have them connected like that. I like how they went away from the square look of the rest of the belts and went with something new, unique, and circular. Love the spartan helmets, too. They are different from all the other titles in the WWE which is a plus.

They get a thumbs up from me.

I already posted in a thread exactly like this one. Seems you are late.

I like the way the new belts look. They have an Old School look to them. As I said in the other thread with much more detail, I hope this IS a sign of a rejuvination of the tag team "division".

Also, I am glad there are 2 belts instead of 4. I think that even though it looks cool for a guy to hold 2 belts... It kind of got old.

Again, another way WWE needs to improve.

A. Those belts are atrocious looking. Worse than the WWE title.

and B. They NEED some Tag Teams. Three below average "teams" is not a division. Look at TNA : Beer Money, Machine Guns, Team 3D, Generation Me, Ink Inc., Wolfe and Magnus... THATs a tag team division.

Take note WWE.

I actually like the new belts a lot! I was tired of the 4 belts as to me, I feel it got old.

I LOVE the Old School feel to the look of the new belts. I also am down with the name change 100%!

This was sorely needed, as carrying two sets of belts looked ridiculous. However, I'm not too fond of the design. As I said in the Raw LD, the belts looks like they glued a gigantic penny to a leather strap. Maybe they'll grow on me with time, but I'm not totally digging the design right now.

Regardless, good move that should have been done a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back