Megaupload Shut Down

I'm still waiting for the moment Americans wake up and recognize how little we actually need Congress. With modern day technology being what it is, there's really much less of a need for them than ever before, and we CERTAINLY don't need them in order to get laws passed.

The day is rapidly approaching when this country could completely change our government in nearly any way we want.

Elaborate, computer wizard.

And how do you suppose this coup d'etat will occur?

I fail to see how trying to stop piracy, which is costing our economy billions, equals invading other countries and throwing minorities into concentration camps.

It's ok to be pissed, but a little sense of perception needs to be kept.

Stupid auto text. I'm all for a true Democracy as opposed to the Dem/Rep we have now, but it's not going to happen. You have to have people in charge doing a job.

Do you really want to decide on everything? Do you really want to vote on budgets, tweaking laws and all of the other things we don't think about? I think far too much credit is being given to the people.

Stupid auto text. I'm all for a true Democracy as opposed to the Dem/Rep we have now, but it's not going to happen. You have to have people in charge doing a job.

Do you really want to decide on everything? Do you really want to vote on budgets, tweaking laws and all of the other things we don't think about? I think far too much credit is being given to the people.

Are they doing the job for us or for themselves and whoever buys them? Think about it? Do we need people to vote FOR us when it comes to presidential elections? Hell no.

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3668176 said:
He is, and so am I.

It's nowehere near as bad as Nazi Germany at the moment, but it's getting there.
Comparing the USA to a nation that started a world war killing 40 million plus, was racist and killed millions of its own people in order to create an aryan master race is beyond ridiculous. Doing so makes all saying it look bad and degrades what the Nazis actually did. Read up on them, then understand why you should never make such a comment.

Comparing the USA to a nation that started a world war killing 40 million plus, was racist and killed millions of its own people in order to create an aryan master race is beyond ridiculous. Doing so makes all saying it look bad and degrades what the Nazis actually did. Read up on them, then understand why you should never make such a comment.

The way Nazi Germany used to kill people is obviously not what we're talking about. We're talking about how with each law that is being pased, more freedom is being surpressed. There is presidential candidates coming from left, right and centre talking about how being homosexual is illegal and other ludicrous antiquated theories should be the norm. About how SOPA was denying free speech and incentivising censorship. Sure, they're postponing SOPA for now, but some form of it will be passed and when it does not only does that law affect the USA, but it also affects everyone else too. That's just plain selfish. Not to mention, the way they invaded the Gulf and all the while kept stating that it wasn't for the oil.

I'm not saying that America is evil, they're not. But, the American Dream that once used to be isn't around so much anymore and I, personally don't like the direction they're going in.

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3669690 said:
The way Nazi Germany used to kill people is obviously not what we're talking about. We're talking about how with each law that is being pased, more freedom is being surpressed. There is presidential candidates coming from left, right and centre talking about how being homosexual is illegal and other ludicrous antiquated theories should be the norm. About how SOPA was denying free speech and incentivising censorship. Sure, they're postponing SOPA for now, but some form of it will be passed and when it does not only does that law affect the USA, but it also affects everyone else too. That's just plain selfish. Not to mention, the way they invaded the Gulf and all the while kept stating that it wasn't for the oil.

I'm not saying that America is evil, they're not. But, the American Dream that once used to be isn't around so much anymore and I, personally don't like the direction they're going in.
Listen, nobody is defending things like SOPA or ACTA (look that shit up) but my point is comparing the USA to Nazi Germany is going beyond too far. Germany killed it's citizens, used fake science to create a BS idea of a master race and burned books they didn't agree with. In the large scope of things, comparing what is happening now to what the Nazis did is going too far. And don't bring Iraq, wasn't really the same as Germany invading Poland and those politicians are losing their influence. Trust me, Americans are turning on them.

drugs.png

Listen, nobody is defending things like SOPA or ACTA (look that shit up) but my point is comparing the USA to Nazi Germany is going beyond too far. Germany killed it's citizens, used fake science to create a BS idea of a master race and burned books they didn't agree with. In the large scope of things, comparing what is happening now to what the Nazis did is going too far. And don't bring Iraq, wasn't really the same as Germany invading Poland and those politicians are losing their influence. Trust me, Americans are turning on them.

Ye people were defending it and still are, and don't bother telling me to look up, I have.

What was only compared was the lack of freedom for expressing and sharing ideas which is now in protest to the upper echelon of society. And by god, I will bring Iraq now to show how a conquest of an oil rich country aided the US as it did Germany and their goals, just because you told me not to!

Noone here said that the gas chambers and killing their own MINORITY citizens is whats discussed here. It was the fact that acts such as these curb what was a free flowing idea and info sharing virtual network.

I like how my Nazi Germany comment stuck, and to the people who disagree with it, take some time to actually think about how much the world is going to shit, and you'll realize it's looking more & more like it everyday.

*post deleted by SOPA*

Oh wait..

SOPA bill dead
http://mashable.com/2012/01/20/sopa-is-dead-smith-pulls-bill/

the government didn't use SOPA and PIPA to invade new zealand to get the owners of Megaupload since they aren't Laws yet just bills. What they used was a law called ACTA.

I have no idea why people keep blaming SOPA/PIPA for why they invade.. sure SOPA and PIPA suck but ACTA IS an actual law where the other two are simply bills at this point.

Do people here know what the Anonymous folks are?
[youtube]HrXyLrTRXso[/youtube]

Here is what they did once megaupload went down..

[youtube]N2WqU-HvyUI[/youtube]

[youtube]rlS7x-fB2M8[/youtube]

"Anonymous takes down Department of Justice, RIAA, Motion Picture Association and Universal Music websites"
http://rt.com/usa/news/anonymous-doj-universal-sopa-235/

In response to today’s federal raid on the file sharing service Megaupload, hackers with the online collective Anonymous have broken the websites for the Department of Justice, Universal Music Group, RIAA and Motion Picture Association of America.

“It was in retaliation for Megaupload, as was the concurrent attack on Justice.org,” Anonymous operative Barrett Brown tells RT on Thursday afternoon.

Only hours before the DoJ and Universal sites went down, news broke that Megaupload, a massive file sharing site with a reported 50 million daily users, was taken down by federal agents. Four people linked to Megaupload were arrested in New Zealand and an international crackdown led agents to serving at least 20 search warrants across the globe.

Less than an hour after the DoJ and Universal sites came down, the website for the RIAA, or Recording Industry Association of America, went offline as well.

Minutes later, MPAA.org also returned an error as Anonymous hacktivists managed to bring the website for the Motion Picture Association of America. The group, headed by former senator Chris Dodd, is an adamant supporter of both PIPA and SOPA legislation.

Universal Music Group, or UMG, is the largest record company in the United States and under its umbrella are the labels Interscope-Geffen-A&M, the Island Def Jam Motown Music Group and Mercury Records.

Brown adds that “more is coming” and Anonymous-aligned hacktivists are pursuing a joint effort with others to “damage campaign raising abilities of remaining Democrats who support SOPA.”

Although many members of Congress have just this week changed their stance on the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA, the raid on Megaupload Thursday proved that the feds don’t need SOPA or its sister legislation, PIPA, in order to pose a blow to the Web.

Brown adds that operatives involved in the project will use an “experimental campaign” and search engine optimization techniques “whereby to forever saddle some of these congressmen with their record on this issue.”

FBI tries to take down anonymus and fails EPICLY!!
[youtube]SNHu-9aH2HM[/youtube]

Here is a simple explination of what Anonymous is
[youtube]dH5ZoOZ4fI4[/youtube]

LMAO this is funny..

Church boasts that their website can never be hacked while doing an interview saying its protected by religion etc..

as the interview goes they hack the interview live! With Dragon Ball Z clips

AND takes down the site! lmao

[youtube]WP21HIq-3v8[/youtube]

Personally I loved the "'Bit the hand of Anonyomus, gets an Emotionless Bitchslap" quote lol

Anonymous Message to the FBI

[youtube]abmw0C2NYBU[/youtube]

[youtube]z9_tjyfxwVg[/youtube]

Man, I read that log chat of Anonymous (second video), and the President of HBGary. it took me two hours read it, but man, it was worth it. I jizzed when i saw the Pres. of HBGary begging Anonymous to not release more emails, and then she caved in to their demands. EPIC!

Anonymous are doing a good job spreading the word of our privacy being taken away.

For those that haven't looked at the other vids posted above in my past post.. HBgary is the internet security company that the FBI uses to fine things, and Anonymous took them down like nothing.

This is like a real life movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back