• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Hardy Negotiating a "Committed Deal" with TNA

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This from TNAInsider, via a YouTube interview through his show ‘Thoughts From The Throne’:

Matt Hardy on Dixie Carter;

“Whether you love Dixie carter or you hate Dixie Carter she has built a global wrestling company , and she has worked her fingers to the bone to do so. Has she made bad decisions along the way of course she has, everyone has, you know Dixie Carter gets so much slack and heat over things she does but if it wasn’t for Dixie Darter there’s a lot of guys that wouldn’t have fed their families being professional wrestlers , she has provided a lot of great jobs, not only for the in ring talent but the guys who work backstage , so if you’re a true wrestling fan you should appreciate Dixie Carter.”

Matt Hardy on being contracted to TNA;

“I’ve been working such a hectic schedule recently, I know I’ve over extended myself, and with that being said I have looked at my whole situation with TNA and I’m currently negotiating with them about working with them with a committed, contractual deal , maybe being committed with them for maybe one year, maybe two years, I’m not sure. I’ve been having a great experience with TNA, Dixie’s been great to me, John Gaburick’s been great, and if myself and Jeff are gonna have a great run on TV, I think this is what I need to do, I need to commit myself to those guys. So if my negotiations work and I do end up committing with TNA which I’m working on right now, I’m going to be trimming down my independent dates because I have to take care of me, first and foremost, I have to make sure my training is done right, my diet is done right and I cant do that if I’m on the road all the time ,I’m not a young man any more, all of this is for my wife and my son on the way too.”

You can watch the full interview here, if you want.

As to the TNA-related subject matter, I'm fully on board with this. Hardy is in the perfect role right now with TNA both in-ring and out of it serving as the great working hand he is in getting the angles/stories and personnel he's been working with over. Whether it's the Revolution, the incredible tag-team series he and Jeff were a part of months back with the Wolves and 3D, or whatever else in between, he's been almost invaluable as the kind of "mid-card" veteran the company needs to continue to put out an entertaining product from start-to-finish.

He's definitely put on a little extra weight again, which is to be expected, as he's always had trouble maintaining that trim look for long, but the last time he signed an exclusive deal with TNA he came in looking like a million bucks, so there's that to consider.

All-in-all, I think it's smart of them to be negotiating to get him in on a full-time basis. He gives them too many options not to.

It's fine that Hardy will be around in the role he's in. But at the same time he's just one guy in the tag team ranks. I'm not trying to diminish this by any means, yet with guys like Joe leaving I can't help but wonder if a top star is contemplating making an exit. For the same of the tag team division though, this is good news.

He works in any division outside the main event if you ask me. If they don't need the Hardyz together, he can easily step into a singles feud like he's showing right now with James Storm.

Matt Hardy is perfect in the mid-card veteran role in TNA, capable of good, solid feuds either as a singles guy or with Jeff in a tag-team. The Hardyz are always going to be over no matter what, the fans love them.

Matt has the experience and knowledge to pass on to the younger members of the TNA roster, and if he's commited to TNA for a length of time, he'll be able to shed that little bit of extra weight and get back to his best shape, without as much travelling on the road to indie shows.

Do I expect Matt to ever be TNA World Champion? No (although I wouldn't be entirely against it as I've always been a fan of his), but do I think TNA should sign him on a permanent deal? Absolutely. He's worth it.

I think it's perfect for both Matt and TNA. The thing that will benefit TNA the most though is just the experience Matt brings to the table. As a technical wrestler in his prime he was actually decent so as a coach he could give a few pointers, he has been with the big dogs, had a good couple of years with them as well. He is a respected locker room presence as well and is mostly a company man. So the young guys are going to just eat that up and that will just make TNA as a whole better. I know it's not going to be a big difference but every person helps.

As for the show, it's the Hardy Boys. They are going to draw interest and that is only a good thing. They can work as a tag team forever and probably still be over with the crowd. You can also chuck Matt in that mid card position and put on a good match here or there. I think it's a low risk/high reward signing by TNA.

Matt and Jeff seem to know a decent amount of stuff about the business. Matt moreso than Jeff and if he does sign it's all good.

He fits in the perfect veteran midcard role helping up and comers to look good and he'd probably be a good hand to have backstage.You know the Hardys are going to get a tag team title run and they'll put over whoever beats them. Heck they helped legitimise the Wolves with the help of Team 3D.

Hopefully Matt will bring some backstage stuff to TNA. It's been good as of late but I'm sure he'd help steer them away from the crazy bad stuff.

Good news. Matt's a great guy, hands down. He's going to have a kid to provide for very soon & signing this deal with TNA is even better for him. Jeff & Matt are both well worth having in the company because of how long they've been around. Yes, they've had their controversy surrounding them, but they've always ended up looking good. Matt is a decent wrestler & has the potential, once he's stopped wrestling, to be a worthy backstage brain in TNA, either as a trainer or something else. This is a good catch for the Impact team that's for sure.

Matt Hardy is a waste of money. He brings nothing to the table that TNA couldn't find in the indies. His wrestling skills are suspect and I fail to see how he helps out backstage at all.

I didn't like Matt's weight gain but him and his brother are still money as a tag team. I think it would be a good pick up for TNA. Is Jeff still under contract? I watched a Hardys match vs the young bucks from last year and thought TNA didn't like their guys doing indie work.

Matt Hardy is a waste of money. He brings nothing to the table that TNA couldn't find in the indies. His wrestling skills are suspect and I fail to see how he helps out backstage at all.

One he's a well known name, and two he can help put over younger talent better than a random guy from the indies.

As to his backstage skills I believe he managed set up an indy show that got over 1000 people in the middle of nowhere. Now if that's not skills I don't know what is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back