Maryse

asanders93

Dark Match Winner
Shes just a very sexually person, not too well in the ring, and yet shes going to hold that title longer then mcool. i belive this is what wwe plans to do to get more divas in the future "advertize cena to gather girls around like maniacs, then have maryse act like a **** and have the little girls act just like her. SO HOPEFULLY THEYLL BE GOOD ENOUGH TO BE A DIVA." maybe a little mean, but peole ask me what would be a good divas match. i say any match that dosnt give you divas with the gimmick of a strip tease and/or a tottal into herself and her body. thats what she is to me, i just wanted to know about wat u guys thought?

Umm because she has a good body and acts like a "****" she can't be a good diva? I have to say Maryse is one of the few divas where her gimmick works. She's not a "****", she justs potray's herself as a "better than you" character. It's in a way similar to the Beautiful people, I think.

People hate, people that are full of themselves, and this makes Maryse's character gold. Also she actually is pretty good in the ring, minus the botches and the fact that she's clumsy(but so are girls like Melina and McCool). She also plays up the crowd, and furthers her "bitchy" attitude themselves.

But really Maryse isn't anymore skankier than Kelly, Maria, Candice, ect and it works with her character and makes sence. Just because she is sexy and has a gimmick that you might refer to as a "****e" doesn't mean she isn't a good wrestler, and someone who deserves the sucess(because she actually is a very good worker).

Umm because she has a good body and acts like a "****" she can't be a good diva? I have to say Maryse is one of the few divas where her gimmick works. She's not a "****", she justs potray's herself as a "better than you" character. It's in a way similar to the Beautiful people, I think.

People hate, people that are full of themselves, and this makes Maryse's character gold. Also she actually is pretty good in the ring, minus the botches and the fact that she's clumsy(but so are girls like Melina and McCool). She also plays up the crowd, and furthers her "bitchy" attitude themselves.

But really Maryse isn't anymore skankier than Kelly, Maria, Candice, ect and it works with her character and makes sence. Just because she is sexy and has a gimmick that you might refer to as a "****e" doesn't mean she isn't a good wrestler, and someone who deserves the sucess(because she actually is a very good worker).

I agree with M_F, I don't think you can argue she's no good simply because she's hot. I actually think she's shown the most promise amongst certainly the Smackdown divas recently, and deserves to hold the title. Better champ than Melina anyway. My Q is, whats happened to Beth recently?

And I am NOT in any way defending the lovely Maryse because she is my very favourite diva...

I would honestly like to know what the big deal about this woman is. Sure, she is extremely attractive, and she plays her role very well, but she is HORRIBLE in the ring. I'm pretty sure it took her and Melina about a month to be able to pull off those fencing kicks they started the match off with last night (9 March 2009). If anything, she has made me realize that the Divas Division on Smackdown! actually does serve a purpose: it gets all of those women WWE hires based primarily on their looks out of the way. So, I say bring McCool and Gail Kim over to RAW and make Candice Michelle and Kelly Kelly go over to Smackdown! (it's time to face the facts about Kelly Kelly, guys; she's pretty and tries hard, but the only impressive thing she does is a boosted backflip off her opponent's hands, and her hesitation only makes it less impressive).

Does it really matter? How long do diva matches last? 8-9 minutes tops. Would you rather see Chyna vs Awesome Kong (whoever the heck she is from TNA) or watch two beautiful women? I'm not trying to sound ignorant, but the women's division only sells to the majority of people when you have two extremely attractive women come out for 5 minutes per night. It's just how it is.

I like Maryse. Apart from the obvious, I think she has improved since we first saw her in the ring. I never forget the time she kicked Cherry in the face and totally fell over..it was laughable. But how times have changed. I think she is better in the ring and hopefully will keep getting better. She has a great character and a stack of personality...something a lot of the 'divas' struggle with. Plus her entrance music is brill imo!!

Maryse is by far the most entertaining diva on the roster right now, she has a natural heel aura about her that very few female wrestlers ever have (Melina was one, although she really isn't working as a babyface right now), and she's improved in the ring far more in the 6 months or so she's been wrestling than the likes of Candice, Maria & McCool have in 3-4 years of trying.

I think it was a real smart move to push McCool aside and give Maryse the push as the top diva on SD, Maryse can get more crowd reaction with a single cocky facial expression than McCool gets throughout a 10 minute match.

I said it before, I think Maryse is the only current diva who'll reach a Trish Stratus-Lita type level of success. She's got the looks to be on the magazine covers like Trish & Torrie always were plus at her current rate of improvement, she's well on her way to being a solid worker.

Maryse is by far my favorite diva. She alone is half the reason I watch SD. Not only is she extremely hot, but she actually has personality. Most of the other divas lack that. I tend to not like the face divas, anyway. They're all the same. They come out, bounce while they run to the ring, jump up on the turnbuckle, point, blow a kiss, wink, wave, etc. She's improved tremendously since she started, and can only get better. I hope she keeps the belt for a long time.

I don't think Maryse is a very good worker. Granted I haven't seen A LOT from her, but she is in no way at the level of a Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, or Gail Kim. I miss the days when there was a good mix between wrestling divas and valet divas. There aren't a lot of strictly valet divas anymore, with the exception of the Bella twins. But they are very marginally significant. I miss the days when Debra would come out with Jarrett. To me, she was the last GREAT valet.

WWE is better at many things compared to TNA, but the womens division on TNA is many times better than they WWE's. The women on there look like they are fighting for somthing. The women on WWE are just there 4 laughs. I mean, TNA doesnt have tha beauty, but they damn sure have the brawl. I wanna see Kelly, Mickie, Candice, and Melina go up against Awsome Kong. Hell Beth Phoniex could do shit to her either. Marsye represents what the WWE divas are, women who where sexy appeal to please tha audience,it might as well be a stripers club. When was that last Divas match u actually paid attention to because it was a good wrestling match. Sure there entertaining, but i see them as a bathroom break.

Maryse is currently my favorite Diva. She is one of the few Divas that actually have some sort of character. Her "I'm beautiful, and I know it" attitude is simply golden and it's so easy to draw heat from the crowd. Maryse plays her character well, from her smug look on the way to the ring, to her random poses during her matches. Plus, she has really improved since she started competing and is easily Smackdown's top Diva overall. Her wrestling style reminds me of early Randy Orton somewhat. She uses a lot of moves that keeps her opponent grounded and poses in between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back