• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Over the Limit - Eve Torres (c) vs. Maryse - Divas Championship

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.

Former Divas Champion and notoriously conceited Canadian Maryse will face reigning champion Eve in the hope of recapturing the butterfly title at Over the Limit.

These dueling Divas have never exactly been the best of friends, but their recent animosity toward one another can likely be traced back to the April 12 edition of Raw, when Eve, thanks in large part to her Jiu-Jitsu training, defeated the trash-talker to capture the Divas Championship, the first title of her career.

Maryse has tormented the Divas Champion for the past few weeks, but perhaps the most underhanded move by the narcissistic ne’er-do-well came during the May 3 edition of Raw. Maryse shocked the WWE Universe by not only brutally attacking the Divas Champion during a photo shoot, but then posing for glamour shots over her fallen foe after the fact. While Eve confronted her later that night, Maryse had taken their contention to a never-before-seen level.

With Maryse evidently studying Jiu-Jitsu (or at least a form of the martial art that incorporates groin kicks and pepper spray), Eve might have her hands even more full than expected when she defends her title at Over the Limit this Sunday, only on pay-per-view.
Supposedly, this matchup was announced over the weekend, but we didn't receive word until last night's commercial-free edition of Monday Night Raw.

I'm surprised at the amount of care that the WWE has been giving to the women's division as of late. Sure, the vast majority of WWE fans don't necessarily care about women's wrestling anymore, but we can clearly see that the WWE is starting to do something about it with feuds like this one. These women have been involved in backstage segments similar to the one shown on Raw last night, and I wasn't disappointed.

Even is being built up to become a strong Divas championship. I feel it's completely justified, since she's a beautiful, athletic, tall, and believable title holder. Maryse has been playing her part to absolute perfection as the top women's heel on Raw. Considering the women's titles being hot potatoes as of late, I wouldn't be surprised if Maryse walked away with the title belt. However, the odds aren't in her favor. Like I said before, it really seems like the WWE is backing Eve up and trying to build her up. It would be pointless to strip her of her title so quickly.

Keep the discussion in here.

I'm loving the feud between Maryse and Eve simply because for the first time in a while, there's actually a feud in the WWE's Women's Division, rather than just a bunch of random meaningless multi-diva throwaway matches. It's been ongoing for several weeks, there's been back stage and behind the scenes elements, and there's an actual storyline associated with two prominent young divas.

I'm a big fan of Maryse, but I'm also really warming up to Eve as well. Gorgeous and has improved dramatically in the ring. I see Eve retaining her title at this PPV and I see this feud continuing for another little while.

At this stage of the game, regardless of what the smarks choose to believe or say, the WWE Divas Division is superior to the TNA Knockout division. And I mean this in regards to in-ring action as well as storylines. Blasphemy I know to suggest the divas are better than the knockouts, but I believe that to be the case at this time. Any doubts, look at Eve/Maryse on this upcoming PPV and compare it to Tara/Madison last weekend.

Maryse is not only the best damn thing that I have ever laid my eyes on, but she has built a hell of a name for herself in the Diva's division. She is one of the best that WWE has right now, maybe the best, especially with both Beth and Melina out. I love the attitude she brings, her mic work is ENJOYABLE, and she is frickin' smokin'!

They are definitely building up Eve to be big. Thus, Eve will win this Sunday from DETROIT! Eve needs to take over that void left when Mickie James was cut. It will be a notch in Eve's belt to get another win over Maryse. It will give her a bit more credibility, and it won't really hurt Maryse's future.

It's been a long time since I cared about anything as little as the Divas division, because it's been a long time since we were given anything to care about. This is the first time there has been any sort of fued in what feels like forever.
I hope that Eve wins the match at OTL so this fued can carry on for a while longer

I'm hoping Eve defends her title at Over The Limit. I think that Eve has the potential to make a great champion and she needs this feud to continue in order for that to happen. Maryse has had her time in the sun, now it's Eve's turn.

Moderator Note: Eve is already defending the title. I'm guessing that you meant to say "successfully" defend.

I'm kinda looking forward to this match. I'm still not sold on Eve, as she is still sloppy in the ring- but Eve has done a great job working this fued. Maryse has been tremendous over the past few months and I actually look forward to seeing her each week. Kudos to the WWE for actually providing us with a decent build up for a women's match on a PPV instead of just including it as a filler.

Here's hoping to having a womens feud like Trish vs Lita. Will these two have a trish vs lita feel to it? That remains to be seen but as long as the WWE gives more attention to the womens division then anything can happen.

I've actually enjoyed the feud between Maryse and Eve. The divas have become a lot more interesting over the past couple of months, and I think Eve is having a nice title run. The women's championships in WWE are known to change hands frequently, so I wouldn't be surprised if Maryse won this one. Maryse does an awesome job at being a heel, and she wouldn't be a bad choice for diva's champion again.

Still, I believe Eve will retain in this one. WWE has done a very good job building her up, and I wouldn't want to see her push end so abruptly. Eve has been improving in the ring as time goes on, and she has been a good champion, so I'm picking her to win this one.

My level of interest concerning this match? Quite low indeed. Ya, I guess it's been built up decently and whatnot, but it's just not something I care about. It's basically just been them alternating getting the upperhand in fights backstage and at various locations where women usually hang out (photo shoots, getting their hair did, etc.)

Maryse is more interesting/attractive, so I'm hoping she wins. In the long run, it doesn't really matter though. A short and sweet 5 minute match will do just fine here.

I think Eve torres will retain here..if Maryse is to win, then there was simply no point in giving the title to eve torress..I think eve is decent in the ring and the more matches she is involved in the better. This is her first defence of the title and i believe her first ppv aswell? So I would love to see her successfully defend the title against the french b**ch!!

Quite obvious this match isn't gonna be anything more than a filler and in there for the sake of having a female wrestling match on the card, I'm quite convinced this is just gonna be another toilet break / drink refilling break.

But I do think that we will see Eve retain this one, no sense in letting Maryse retake the championship, at least I wouldn't see any sense in it.

Glad this made it onto the card. I'm thinking that Eve is going to retain for a couple of reasons. The first reason is because she needs a good title retention to build credibility as a champion, defeating the former champion on PPV will help her become a more believable champion. The second reason is that Maryse only just recently got out of a Divas Championship run. There are other heels for Eve to face and there are less options for opponents if Maryse gets the belt back right now, so Eve wins. The match itself? Eh, it will be alright I guess. I'm not expecting too much, as most people don't with divas matches. It probably won't be the worst match of the night but it certainly won't be one of the best.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Eve will retain the Divas Championship.

Eve retains. This will be a regular Diva's match, nothing special, and the hot chick that recently won the belt will beat the hot chick who lost the belt. This formula has worked for a long time now. It's never interesting, but excitement isn't the point of Affirmative Action.

For once I'm glad a diva's match made it onto the card. This match has had some decent build and shows some promise. Both have worked quite hard in making the fans care, it may not have been worked amazingly but still it worked to an extent.

The match won't be anything special but it could be good. Both are pretty good and I just hope they're aren't too many botches. As for the winner, I believe Eve will pick up the win. I think they're building Eve up as a credible women's champion so a win over Maryse should do it nicely.

It will be used as a piss break and Eve will pick up the win.

Honestly, I think Diva's matches are quite boring. The ladies are great to stare at and hope for a nipple slip or something. Why, Why, Why wasnt this match set earlier in the pay per view? why is it the match before the main event? really? WTF is the WWE thinking putting that match in that time slot? I really dont get it. That should have been the 2nd or third match of the evening. What's done is done now....Thoughts?

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by this match, it turned out pretty decently considering it was a divas match, these two have potential to actually bring some worth back into the division alongside Michelle McCool and Layla.

The match was very well handled, had a very back and forth going, and I ultimately liked how Eve pinned Maryse, it looks like a potential new finisher, to go along with her armbar.

Well deserved retain, I'm excited to see if WWE is gonna continue this feud, cause I'm actually liking it thus far.

Honestly, I think Diva's matches are quite boring. The ladies are great to stare at and hope for a nipple slip or something. Why, Why, Why wasnt this match set earlier in the pay per view? why is it the match before the main event? really? WTF is the WWE thinking putting that match in that time slot? I really dont get it. That should have been the 2nd or third match of the evening. What's done is done now....Thoughts?

Don't really think so, I think the Company did right to place it previously to the last match, it gave the crowd a way to recover and a match probably they didn't care as much ending being a nice effort between the two.

They actually brought the best match from the division since Gail Vs Maryse fromthe night after EC and I think this one was better.

Eve had come a long way and is improving a lot, Maryse is also solid, it was nice surprise and was not the worst match of the night at all, Dibiase Vs Truth was, can blame the concussion but it was actually not a good outage from either man.

I see your point bro, but how often is a Diva's match that late in an event? I respect the WWE for trying to boost up that division and I will admit that the two did a great job performing. After watching it on my DVR again, I'm eating my words and saying it was one of the better matches of the PPV. All the injuries that happened that night just made the ppv poop. It still doesnt make sense to me to put that match there. I see PPVs ending with the heavyweight titles back to back or with a great match in between like Edge vs Orton which turned out disastorous due to injury. That's just my point of view on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back