Major Spoiler Regarding Hogan's Future with TNA?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10020756.shtml

At conclusion of the main event of the taping, Hulk Hogan came to give what was billed as a big announcement. After getting in the ring, he broke heel character to give a face 'shoot' promo thanking the fans and how they were the only that were loyal to him throughout the last 30 years. He talked about his long history in the business, eight back surgeries, how he helped the TNA wrestlers to get themselves over, yada, yada.

He than announced that his last appearance would be at the Tennessee show taping for his official sendoff and that all the fans should buy tickets for the show. What's interesting about that is that the Knoxville tapings are actually on September 21, and that's a week before this Hogan's announcement will air on the September 29 episode. As such, the only people that will know to buy tickets for Tennessee to give him an official send off were the fans at the Impact Zone.

Powell's POV: Mark added that he sees this playing out one of two ways: "Hogan decided he wasn't going to be wrestling at BFG (or staying in TNA) and is walking away right in the middle of the Hogan-Sting build up. The other option is that this is a Russo swerve special to make Hogan a face and that something will happen at the Tennessee tapings to motivate Hogan to wrestle as a face at BFG."

Hogan's first contract with the company would be set to expire soon, so it is possible that he's leaving the company. My best guess is that they are turning him babyface, which Hogan has been outright saying would happen during his mainstream interviews.

Also from another report:

In an update on the September 29th TNA Impact Wrestling spoilers from last night's tapings, the special announcement Hulk Hogan was referring to was at the Impact tapings in Knoxville, Tennessee on September 21st. Hogan teased that he would have more details on his last appearance in the ring at those tapings. Those tapings on September 21st in Tennessee would air on October 6th going into Bound For Glory.

During the promo at last night's tapings, besides teasing his retirement, Hogan put over the stars of TNA like James Storm, Robert Roode and others.

There's no confirmed word yet if Hogan's retirement is all a part of the storylines or if he really is stepping away from the ring and TNA in general. Hogan and Eric Bischoff's contracts with TNA are set to expire this fall. There's a feeling backstage that Hogan has been looking to leave for some time now.

Hogan legit leaving, or some kind of Russo-esque swerve? You decide...

This is the same Hogan that SWORE, complete with a video from the hospital, that he wouldn't be at BFG. I highly doubt this, especially when he's supposed to be set up for a match that he swore he'd never have.

Well, I certainly hope its legitimate. I don't want Hulk to be any part of this business anymore unless it's training new guys and I don't think he'll be doing any of that, so please, Hulk, just ride graciously off into the sunset for us. In TNA, though, there will always be the likelihood that it's a set up for an angle. This is a company that swerves more than Matt Hardy and Kurt Angle combined. Expect ridiculous angle to ensue more than likely.

Probably both.

What I mean is its a swerve so Hogan can have his match with Sting but at the same time it will probably be his last match. Hogan has even admitted himself that he feels he is at a point where he can't do this much anymore and often questions why he's in the ring anymore. Hogan seems like the type of guy who will have a retirement match (a real one) but I think its a swerve to set up his last match against Sting and its a way for him to become face for his last hurrah (even though Sting as a heel is fuckin stupid).

Probably both.

What I mean is its a swerve so Hogan can have his match with Sting but at the same time it will probably be his last match. Hogan has even admitted himself that he feels he is at a point where he can't do this much anymore and often questions why he's in the ring anymore. Hogan seems like the type of guy who will have a retirement match (a real one) but I think its a swerve to set up his last match against Sting and its a way for him to become face for his last hurrah (even though Sting as a heel is fuckin stupid).

Why would Sting have to be heel? Why can't it just be two legends going at it, and both of them be face?

I always hoped Hogan would have his last match at a Wrestlemania, the guy deserves it. He IS wrestling to alot of people, just like Flair deserved their last match to be at a Mania.

Instead, Hogan may bow out with a match infront of a few thousand fans in TNA. It's a shame....

but I expect him to reappear in the WWE at some point for another send off.

Oh God, not the "proper sendoff" thing again.

I hope he dies in TNA. Literally.

Eugh, he's only quitting TNA so he can plead with WWE to get a job back with them. Necrophilia and incest is pricey these days, a TNA salary just won't cut it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back