Lucha Underground

Talk about weird booking. Sexy Star and Pentagon Jr. are Mixed Tag Team Champions.

JESUS CHRIST!! I just saw Johnny's Legend Of Zelda jump. That was unreal!!

Mil Muertes should change to black tights. Those faded blue tights don't help the theme.

Yeah, I agree.

The first thing I thought when I saw his attire was the light blue tights with lines down them doesn't suit his character. Everything else about him does.

The tights he has just seems really off for a "Man of 1,000 Deaths" or whatever. Black tights, even dark red ... hell, even just solid dark blue would be better than what he has now.

Unless they give us some believable reason why he wears those tights, I won't really like it that much but may have to get used to it.

Mil Muretes tights are hideous and need to go. I mean, he is not really all that great of a Luchador/wrestler but make his character scary. The mask works, but the fuck happened to his pants. It looks like pajama pants he wore to bed and said ''fuck it'' I'll wrestle in these.

Pentagon Jr is awesome but now wants to kill Sexy Star his Tag Team Champion partner... Just to help an angry Chavo whose pissed off at the horrible Blue Demon. UGH!!!

Big Ryck is simply big. He is better here than the WWE. Mundo is awesome, his suicidal death jump was insane. I actually said ''holy shit'' when it happened.

Dragon is cool. I hope he gets pushed more. His tongue is as awesome as his move set is.

The original Goldust/Rico debuts tomorrow.

pimpinela-escarlata-300x350.jpg

Oh my God, Vampiro doesn't think Gorgeous George was flamboyant. He thought he was a flat out cross-dresser. Then Matt starts listing a bunch of other non-crossdressers including The Miz. Someone shoot them!

Yeah; I think I'm done. It had a really promising beginning, and I was keen to like it, but Lucha Underground simply isn't very good. I'm not interested in a promotion where Chavo Guerrero Jr is the most talented guy on the roster (although massive props to Chavo for dragging a half decent match out of Phoenix).

Storylines aren't properly explained and don't make sense, and it's got to the point where Matt Striker is inadvertently lampshading plot holes in his commentary. At least half the guys on the roster are bad workers who think that planchas can take the place of in ring psychology. I'm not a lucha fan, but I've seen enough AAA and original Dragon Gate to know that the lucha style does not automatically mean that one has a to suck - but a lot of the guys here do. They can't sell or choreograph spots to look convincing.

There are still things to like; but a charismatic authority figure, a half decent ladder match and a guy in a kick ass dragon suit probably aren't enough for me.

I really enjoy Cage. I like the intensity that he brings and how the other Luchas work around his weaknesses. I am also excited to see El Patron to see if his character has grown.

I do not know what the deal is with Katrina (sp?) and Fenix. Why would she have left Mil so soon when she helped his character out completely. I cannot stand the squeaky ring now. I have some WD40 that I want to mail to LU so they can fix the squeaky ring!!!

Also, this show is getting better and better each week. I really dig Son of Havok. Dude is big and agile just like Mundo.

I agree, he should be. The working of matches still needs to be better paced. That's my biggest criticism I can give. Maybe with Del Rio on board this might change and they can all learn better timing.

Just caught up with the last four episodes. Still the best wrestling programme on tv.

Love the fact they've started pushing Pentagon Jr. With a decent (and expanding) roster, it makes sense to dispense of the jobbers, and Pentagon Jr 'breaking the arm' of both Famous B and 'random' Ricky Mandel is as good a way as any.

Son of Havok. Proof that a wrestler can get over despite a losing streak storyline, contrary to what a lot of internet fans believe.

The crowd seem to get more into it by the week, which only helps the product. The commentary is improving too IMO, Vampiro has got his buzz back.

They already had me lusting after Ivelisse and Katrina, but that ring announcer is growing on me by the week.

The Crew make a decent group, and their 6-man tag in episode 12 was awesome. I very much like their pancake code breaker finisher.

Interested to see how Alberto El Patron does. I liked his work in WWE, but hopefully we can see even more in LU (like Johnny Mundo, who hasn't had a bad match in LU.)

I'm liking that they are developing storylines now, after the initial programmes were designed largely to get us introduced to and used to the wrestlers. As a series, it has been very well paced so far.

I'm not reading the spoilers, so am intruiged to find out the two big mysteries so far: who is Pentagon Jr's master; and who is Angela Fong looking for (who has Cueto got locked away)? Basically a wrestling show doing exactly what it should be: providing great action whilst simultaneously building anticipation for future episodes.

Yeah; I think I'm done. It had a really promising beginning, and I was keen to like it, but Lucha Underground simply isn't very good. I'm not interested in a promotion where Chavo Guerrero Jr is the most talented guy on the roster (although massive props to Chavo for dragging a half decent match out of Phoenix).

Storylines aren't properly explained and don't make sense, and it's got to the point where Matt Striker is inadvertently lampshading plot holes in his commentary. At least half the guys on the roster are bad workers who think that planchas can take the place of in ring psychology. I'm not a lucha fan, but I've seen enough AAA and original Dragon Gate to know that the lucha style does not automatically mean that one has a to suck - but a lot of the guys here do. They can't sell or choreograph spots to look convincing.

There are still things to like; but a charismatic authority figure, a half decent ladder match and a guy in a kick ass dragon suit probably aren't enough for me.

This is the first post I read when I came to his thread. It's from 2014 I wonder of this dude changed his mind.
Chavo is by far NOT the most talented guy on the roster. Is this a joke? I can't tell but it should be because it made me laugh. Fenix is one of the most talented wrestlers in the world... Puma, Drago, Mundo, 4 guys who never have a bad match.
The show is well executed and it keeps growing because of the combinaton of storylines and intense wrestling style that you cannot get anywhere else. No promotion or TV Show has ever impressed like LU has.
I'm loving it, I can't get enough and I'm glad it got approved for a second season. :thumbsup:

PS Elimination Chamber sucked ass tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back