• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lucha Underground

Just watched the second episode. Seems like they addressed some of the issues from the debut, most noticeably the camera shots - there were much fewer mid-match cuts to the commentators.

In many ways it was symmetrical to episode 1 - whereas ep.1 started poorly and ended strong and ep.2 started off strong with a very good tag match and ended with a weak main event. I get that Blue Demon Jr adds star power but I hope he's only around in the short-term whilst they slowly introduce new characters.

Interesting development of Chavo Jr. Also he looked much stronger in his match this week.

Not sold on Mil Muertes yet, will judge him better against a better opponent.

Katrina is smoking hot and the Blue Demon 'lick' promo was very well done

Watching what I guess is the second episode on a channel called Unimas. It's the version with spanish announcing (Hugo Savinovich and Vampiro). Seems like a good show but I can't understand a word they're saying.

Katrina is smoking hot and the Blue Demon 'lick' promo was very well done
That angle was actually stolen from WWL where a similar dominatrix manager named Glenda Lee cut the same exact promo to Demon in Spanish but it was aborted because he jumped ship for this.

Jesus tap dancing Christ!! Anyone get a load at the enormous ratings bump LU got?

8,000 to 29,000. That is a MASSIVE increase.

Jesus tap dancing Christ!! Anyone get a load at the enormous ratings bump LU got?

8,000 to 29,000. That is a MASSIVE increase.

That's not really massive.

And it was 18,000 to 29,000. 11,000 more people. It's a nice bump and is what the El Rey guys were expecting from the first episode.

Second episode really good. The Puma/Mundo tag team match was really fun to watch.

My only doubt right now is the lack of any title-belt, I know that being tied to AAA they may not want to confuse the casual watcher, but eh, creating a new belt for the show could have worked.

Well it's a few weeks after the debut and I've missed the bandwagon so of course. At least the first episode or two but I don't think it'll be a regular series for me.

I was much less thrilled with the second episode. The opening tag match was great but the over selling of inter-gender fighting is already old. That and Blue Demon Jr. is boring to watch and a heel Chavo Guerrero shouldn't be the focal point of any wrestling promotion in 2014. Here's to hoping they introduce more personalities in the coming weeks. But overall still a pretty well done episode.

If we had to sit through something like that might as well get it over with early on.

Seeing Muertes just hand that prick Demon his ass was hook enough for me. They had a match at Triplemania 21 for the Latin American Championship and Demon HALF-ASSED it. It's hard to turn a Mexican crowd on you but here's the guy who did it. And Demon was STILL booked over the most popular star of the company then.

It was an alright episode. I did like the Chavo heel turn and watching Blue Demon get beat back to hell.

Are they going to introduce titles?

I almost feel like titles would go against the whole one hundred thousand dollar thing the owner promises, so they likely won't put in titles for a little while.

That's a very valued reason but didn't the money already get spent on Big Ryck, Cisco and Castro?

Yeah, right now what's going on is fallout of Morrison beating Puma even though he wasn't supposed to.

Why wasn't Mundo supposed to win? Was the ending botched or something.

Konnan came in and promised Puma would deliver victory. El Jefe doesn't like Mundo for some reason (filthy gringo who retired and then had the temerity too look down on him?), so he screwed him out of 100,000 he had on offer.

Week 3: I was getting ready to come in and say that I was sold; I absolutely loved everything on this weeks episode... and then the main event happened.

That was the worst worked match I have watched, possibly in my life, or at the very least since Sabin vs Shelly in TNA. Nothing but nothing but poorly worked, illogical flippy bullshit. This is why people don't respect the indy scene, because they let shit like this happen.

On the positive note: Chavo's interview was great. Konan is fantastic in his role, even if he is a piece of shit. Mil Muertes is a convincing monster, and the man in charge continues to overshadow most of his employees. I could do without seeing any of the minis again, just because it's invariably the same spots over and over again, and I wasn't wild about the slow motion in the backstage brawl - but that's minor.

Never let Fenix (who I have nicknamed Dyslexic Jack Evans) back in the building and you could have the most appealing wresting broadcast on television for me right now.

Oh.

It's really good.

Though I suppose it's not on telly. But then, I don't think you were watching Lucha Underground via television, were you?

I agree, pretty good episode. Yeah, Mundo in the hallway was great, he makes a great company face. Along with Puma I guess.

I'm not that bitter on the main event. It's a Lucha federation, so things like these have to be expected. What killed it was the spot where Fenix stood on something tall and the other two just walked casually over, looked up and waited some seconds. Though you could say that wasn't Fenix' mistake and then again he's 23 years old. I mostly liked the ring spots.

Week 3: I was getting ready to come in and say that I was sold; I absolutely loved everything on this weeks episode... and then the main event happened.

That was the worst worked match I have watched, possibly in my life, or at the very least since Sabin vs Shelly in TNA. Nothing but nothing but poorly worked, illogical flippy bullshit. This is why people don't respect the indy scene, because they let shit like this happen.

On the positive note: Chavo's interview was great. Konan is fantastic in his role, even if he is a piece of shit. Mil Muertes is a convincing monster, and the man in charge continues to overshadow most of his employees. I could do without seeing any of the minis again, just because it's invariably the same spots over and over again, and I wasn't wild about the slow motion in the backstage brawl - but that's minor.

Never let Fenix (who I have nicknamed Dyslexic Jack Evans) back in the building and you could have the most appealing wresting broadcast on television for me right now.
I'm surprised they put him in that spot. He's still very green and is used just to get the crowd popping on tag matches openings. So him being in a singles or 3 Way is a totally new deal for him and Drago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back