Live Discussion: Commercial Free Raw 6/22/09

First of all, watch your Fucking mouth with me. You got that? I don't put up with Bullshit from people who act like punks. This is a Discussion Forum, and you are going to learn to accept dissenting viewpoints. Do I make myself clear?

Now, as far as your comments, I have had Raw turned off for two months because I was pissed off at the lack of effort going into the show. By the way, if you look around, this forum seems overwhelmingly against the direction of Raw, so perhaps you need to get a clue.

As far as you testing my bluff on whether or not I will shut the program off, that's pretty funny. I do what I say I am going to do. I turned it off for two months, and after this little stunt lasting only a week, and giving fans some false hope that a leaf was being turned, it's going off again.

And I will continue to voice my dissent.

Look around at the polls. More people are either apathetic or dissatisfied with the product, as opposed to people that can rate themselves as being satisfied with it. It isn't me that is in the minority. It's you. So a little more humility on your part would probably be best, just so you know your place.

And the thing was, this was a great Raw so far, definitely more so because of the hype surrounding the show. Some good matches and decent segments. Everything was going great. Why ruin a good thing after a week, only to revert to things going back to the way they used to be, with more upset fans.

I want a show that represents this type of "expect anything" product each week on Raw. That is what we used to have, and that is what I want to see again. Obviously, I am not alone with my thoughts on that. Not by a long shot.

People like you should be satisfied with Smackdown, if you watch WWE just for the wrestling. Go watch Smackdown, or go watch Ring of Honor, if the wrestling is all you want to see.

I'll take intriguing storylines and characters mixed with wrestling, on Raw. Like I said, we had that this week. And now that it has ended, it certainly appears like things are back to normal again.

So, yeah. Raw is off once again, until they do something interesting again. Back to just the newsboards until then.

Yeah but these are the same fucking people who criticize every fucking thing the WWE does..m Firstly didn't want Flair as GM and said they would be satisfied with anyone else... Yet they weren't. To be fair I can't take 95 percent of this board seriously when it comes to the WWE...there are people who I enjoy the WWE... I myself have enjoyed it for 18 years and I will continue to do so..

Calling me a little punk for sticking up for a peogram is a big fucking lulz. You're the person who constantly bitches over a successful program. I don't need a clue, I have one. I'd advise you to go find one...

You live in the fucking past dude, get over it, this isn't the fall or summer of 1998...

God himself could show up on Raw and a smark like yourself would say you saw that coming...

LMFAO, Lord Sidious owns you all. Bow down.

Those first couple of sentences in that post had me cracking the fuck up. Great stuff. Lookin' forward to Becker's reply to it.

Anyway, Raw sucked, as usual. Really enjoyed the HHH/Orton match, however. Whenever Trips brings his A Game into a 'Hardcore' match, the dude delivers. His selling was fucking fantastic tonight, too.

Also, The Great American Bash this Sunday should be a great pay-per-view. It seems to have great match after great match on that one. Here's hoping The Miz puts on a good showing....

Raw wasn't that bad at all tonight. It was great. I would have liked to see the Donald/Vince thing go for a month or so, but alas, we go back to where we were before.

Yeah I agree it was an anticlimactic ending and for one reason: HHH/Orton again. Miz and Cena would have been the perfect way to end the show, but it had to be about those two for the 10,000th time. It's ok to change the order a bit Vince.

My ONE disappointment was that the Trump storyline didn't go very far. I was looking forward to a bit more Trump, and some changes. Trump RAW had me laughing, along with the Trump intro, and he was a good face.

Shame.

But, overall, it was pretty good. Lots of things to mtfo over. Miz/Cena at a PPV, Priceless' awesome new music, Three stages of Hell...

Yeah but these are the same fucking people who criticize every fucking thing the WWE does..m Firstly didn't want Flair as GM and said they would be satisfied with anyone else... Yet they weren't. To be fair I can't take 95 percent of this board seriously when it comes to the WWE...there are people who I enjoy the WWE... I myself have enjoyed it for 18 years and I will continue to do so..

And I have watched for 19 years ... I began watching in 1990. What's your point?

As far as Flair goes, I made my views known on what I thought of him. I didn't want him as a Face GM coming in. However, I would have been fine if they would have Flair turned Heel as GM, since we didn't see that before. Did you catch that? I am FOR things that I have not seen before in wrestling. Kind of like the opposite of Randy Orton vs Triple H for the 100th time on PPV. Hell, I'm actually amazed they didn't throw Big Show vs John Cena on the PPV once again.

Realistically speaking, WWE is the only major wrestling promotion right now. As somewhat of a patriot of what wrestling used to be known as ... "Sports Entertainment", I voice my opinion on what needs to transpire to get the Entertainment back in wrestling, once again, since it has been removed since around late 2006 early 2007, since they made this move towards toning down all characters and storylines, and ONLY focusing on the wrestling aspect.

Wrestling, on its own, does not draw. You need BOTH. You need the wrestling AND you need the intriguing characters AND complex storylines. Otherwise, as stated elsewhere, you mine as well just have a bunch of amateur wrestlers going out and having exhibition matches.

Calling me a little punk for sticking up for a peogram is a big fucking lulz.

I didn't call you a "punk" for sticking up for your program. I referred to you as a punk for being rude and disrespectful in your post.

You're the person who constantly bitches over a successful program. I don't need a clue, I have one. I'd advise you to go find one...

Hmmmmm. Got news for you buddy boy. Raw isn't AS successful with the toned down programming as it was in both the Attitude Era AND the Post Attitude Era. And programming from both of those Eras is what I advocate Raw to be. Smackdown, as far as I'm concerned, can stay as it is. That, at least, provides something for the "Ring of Honor" fans who are just entertained by solely the wrestling.

When you have data to back up your opinions, you know that the truth is on your side. So yeah. Get a clue.

You live in the fucking past dude, get over it, this isn't the fall or summer of 1998...

Well, you see, there is your problem. I am not some mark of the WWE that can be TOLD by Vince on what type of programming I find enjoyable. Rather, I ... ME ... I make that determination. I am not some brainless chameleon that goes with the flow, simply because Vince tries to tell me that this is "what I should find enjoyable".

If what I was proposing was completely out of the water and had never been done before, I can understand the skepticism. However, what I am advocating IS something WWE has been done before. It is more successful programming than compared to what we see today. It had higher ratings. I personally found it more enjoyable, as did more people apparently, that find today's programming enjoyable. And what I advocate is for what is best for the entire wrestling audience, since it appeals to both the adults who want that edgy programming back (Raw), and it also appeals to the adults that do not as well as the families with children (Smackdown).

That is why I stand firmly by my beliefs, and I will NOT be told otherwise by Vince or any of his loyalist smarks.

God himself could show up on Raw and a smark like yourself would say you saw that coming...

Most smarks I see on the Internet, are the ones that advocate the things that you advocate. That always criticize the storylines (like what they did with Trump, for example) and think the solution is to do things the Ring of Honor way .... in other words ... more wrestling, more wrestling, more wrestling, ONLY WRESTLING. And I'm sorry, but data has shown that less people are enthused about that type of product, as opposed to a product that encompasses ALL of the ABOVE.

And you couldn't be further off with that claim. I stated that I had absolutely no idea that they were doing this angle with Trump, as everyone was taken by surprised. Everyone expected Flair. Vince surprised me. So you know what I did? I praised him. I fucking praised him. Don't believe me? Go back and check my post history. I was surprised and I was pleased.

So, if I was surprised when Trump showed up, I think I would be surprised if God showed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back