Lethal Lottery V - World Championship: Showtime (C) vs. Holmes: Discussion

FunKay the Inevitable

People Like Me, We Don't Play
313880_360541717392044_123233957_n.jpg

If Showtime loses via count-out or gets disqualified, he will forfeit the WZCW Heavyweight Title to Steven Holmes.

Steven Holmes' rise to #1 Contendership has been well documented. He scored marquee wins over Big Dave, Constantine, Chris K.O., and then beat Triple X at All or Nothing to capture his first one on one shot for the World Heavyweight Title. His opponent? The WZCW World Heavyweight Champion, "Showtime" David Cougar. His reputation precedes him: a former Lethal Lottery Winner, main-eventer of Kingdom Come III, two time Heavyweight Champion, and the current reigning WZCW World Heavyweight Champion. After All or Nothing, Holmes started a campaign to defame the champion. He harassed and revealed that Showtime had a wife and kid. The feud went beyond television and was made personal. Now, Showtime looks to not only defend his title at Lethal Lottery, but his honor and his family. David Cougar, Steven Holmes, and the World Heavyweight Championship at Lethal Lottery V! Order it now!

A battle for business has become a war of a personal nature and stuck in the centre of it all is the World Heavyweight Championship. Does it stay with David Cougar or become part of Steven Holmes? The real question is what do you guys think?

Holmes has to win it or he may not get near the title for a very long time. He will not get a better chance than a one on one match with the champ.

I've not enjoyed the build for this at all but the match should be excellent because the characters will naturally work well off each other in the ring, the storytelling should be excellent.

The stipulations favour Holmes, but WWE booking tells me Showtimes is taking it anyway.

I still think Holmes will find his way back into the title picture even after he loses here. Since I started with the show back in 2010 Holmes has been a major part of the shows. He's been made for this very moment and I doubt creative would just let all the hard work go out the window. Holmes will be World Champion (he shouldn't but he will) soon enough but it isn't going to be at Lethal Lottery. I expect Holmes to be pushed back into the title picture after Kingdom Come with even less excitement from the fans.

Showtime's my pick here, I can't say I've enjoyed this feud, but that could be because World title matches always play second fiddle in a PPV like this. No doubt Holmes will get a shot later down the road if he loses here though.

I've not enjoyed the build for this at all but the match should be excellent because the characters will naturally work well off each other in the ring, the storytelling should be excellent.

Gotta agree with this, we were promised Holmes bringing Showtime to his knees but I thought it was kind of tame. Part of that is on me I think, I just can't invest or connect with either of these characters, Showtime is your face archetype that brags on live tv about being a bankable star which I'd imagine is ill-advised and Holmes is your heel archetype, these are the kind of people I'd be uninterested in in real life wrestling as well. That's not to say the quality isn't there, its just for me they'll never have a Action Saboteur BAM BAM spoon feud.

Showtime is my pick to win this, he has a style that ticks all the right boxes that I honestly think if anybody tries to go toe to toe with him on that right now they will most likely end up second best.

Holmes will likely be back in the title scene before too long, he gets and then wins the opportunities to go for the belt. I am not sure if that says he's been groomed for main event status or it says something about the people that don't get or win the opportunities.

Lottery; I don't mind admitting I will be gutted if the loser of this wins the LL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back