Lethal Lottery V: Showtime (c) vs. Steven Holmes - WZCW World Heavyweight Title Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit

the Frog
313880_360541717392044_123233957_n.jpg

If Showtime loses via count-out or gets disqualified, he will forfeit the WZCW Heavyweight Title to Steven Holmes.

Steven Holmes' rise to #1 Contendership has been well documented. He scored marquee wins over Big Dave, Constantine, Chris K.O., and then beat Triple X at All or Nothing to capture his first one on one shot for the World Heavyweight Title. His opponent? The WZCW World Heavyweight Champion, "Showtime" David Cougar. His reputation precedes him: a former Lethal Lottery Winner, main-eventer of Kingdom Come III, two time Heavyweight Champion, and the current reigning WZCW World Heavyweight Champion. After All or Nothing, Holmes started a campaign to defame the champion. He harassed and revealed that Showtime had a wife and kid. The feud went beyond television and was made personal. Now, Showtime looks to not only defend his title at Lethal Lottery, but his honor and his family. David Cougar, Steven Holmes, and the World Heavyweight Championship at Lethal Lottery V! Order it now!

Deadline is Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 11:59 P.M. (Central Time). Soft Extensions Only.

The night whistles and the trees roar as a gale blows through the lavish lawn of Holmes Manor. It is day, though you would never be able to tell, the sky blackened with ominous clouds. Flashes of lighting and crackles of thunder decorate and damage the sky in equal measure. Rain is coming along with something else, something much darker. The manor itself is bathed in the darkness cast unto it by the dim sky, but a figure can be seen standing on the roof. It is covered in black cloth, something which seems to consume the entire body of the figure. Then it reaches an arm out. It is pale and grim, the fingers contorting in foul manners. Then a sudden twist with the fingers now pointing outward and despite the hostile weather, the double deep and double wide doors of the manor explode open!

An army appears stood at the gates. They march onto the lawn, lead by their commander-in-chief and brethren of the manor’s owner, Erik Holmes. This militia enter the lawn, their roles in life obvious and apparent by their clothing. Some bear the insignia and crest of the Holmes family on luxurious velvet blazers. Others are dressed in outfits for chefs, maids, cleaners and so forth. They march in rhythm, a silent tune almost playing in their heads to keep them orderly and in tune. Timing is everything here and thus far it is perfect. Then it ceases. Upon reaching the centre of the enormous grounds, Erik stomps but once for all to hear, and they all stop in unison. They twist to face the cloaked figure. The figure clenches his fist, a symbol of unity. Then he moves the fist back, slowly unclenching his fingers and pushes back the black cloth to reveal “The Elite” Steven Holmes!

His face is a rich tapestry. Many stories have been told through it, some of grief, some of pleasure and others of ecstasy and disgust and all that lies in between. This expression is one of satisfaction though. He grins slyly, his forehead casting a shade over the remainder of his features and enhancing his mystique along with his menace. The wind begins to blow heavier now. The cloth that covers Holmes flows in the wind. Then he unleashes his other arm and the cloth blows away, revealing the most regal of suits. His arms are outstretched and he begins to bellow to his subjects below:

Holmes: Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

He nods and his grin becomes manic, knowing what is to come. His people listen intently below, even his dear brother who wears the family crest on his heart. Holmes nods and continues, his arms still stretched out and the wind continuing to increase in intensity:

Holmes: Or close the wall up with our English dead. In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility. But when the blast of war blows in our ears...

Holmes’s grin begins to fade slightly, but he still bears his pearly white teeth like some sort of murderous beast.

Holmes: Then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage.

Glancing across his domain, Holmes makes an overly aggressive face. He is like a beast untamed and unchained. He continues, his hair blowing in the wind and the heavens promising to open themselves up.

Holmes: Then lend the eye a terrible aspect; let pry through the portage of the head. Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it. As fearfully as doth a galled rock o'erhang and jutty his confounded base, swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean. Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide...

He imitates what he says, instructing his people to do the same and they all follow, mimicking the actions of the tiger the bard once wrote of.

Holmes: Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit to his full height. On, on, you noblest English.

For the first time Holmes’s arms move from their outstretched position and makes a move as if to move his army forwards and on the march once more. They all take a step back, there mocking faces still in place.

Holmes: Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof! Fathers that, like so many Alexanders, have in these parts from morn till even fought and sheathed their swords for lack of argument. Dishonour not your mothers...

Just as Holmes summoned his underlings backwards, he brings them forward by clenching his fists and bring them into his body. Only Erik Holmes stands back, the rest of the army still bearing their teeth like beasts, Erik no longer does. He is stony faced, observing his brother.

Holmes: ...now attest that those whom you call'd fathers did beget you. Be copy now to men of grosser blood, and teach them how to war.

The rain begins to pour and Holmes’ actions become more and more dramatic as he flails his limbs around, caught up in the drama of the moment. The thunder and lighting grow louder and brighter. The drama intensifies.

Holmes: And you, good yeoman, whose limbs were made in England, show us here the mettle of your pasture; let us swear that you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not; for there is none of you so mean and base, that hath not noble lustre in your eyes.

The weather becomes torrential and the army does not flinch as Holmes’ drama continues to unfold. The wind increases in volume and so does Holmes’ voice as he in essence shouts at his employees.

Holmes: I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, straining upon the start.

He leans down to make sure all capture his final words of the speech. He is becoming drenched, his hair flows freely in the wind and the elements seem to try and rebel against him, but Holmes persists.

Holmes: The game's afoot: follow your spirit, and upon this charge cry 'God for Holmes, England, and Saint George!

Holmes’s teeth now disappear into the darkness of his soul. His lips coil and slither into a serpentine smirk. The army applauds is honour of this achievement and he nods before his teeth once more begin to emerge, laughter begin to summon itself from the bowels of his belly. It bursts forth and it overcomes even the noise of nature, ringing across the manor like a beast howls across the moors. The nightmare has but begun...

_____________________________________________________​

We find ourselves inside. The darkness has grown and embraced the world outside, but we linger inside and a fire burns bright. It illuminates the grand sitting room of Steven Holmes. The number one contender stands by the roaring flames, soaked. The fireplace in which those flames grow higher is massive, majestic even. It is adorned with ivory white pillars and it once burnt a portrait of Holmes himself to a crisp. Now it grows, feeding off of the air and relishing its nourishment. The life-cycle of this flame reminds Holmes of a most recent venture he has taken both in and out of the world of wrestling. It is one that is sure to bring results and great pleasure on both a business and pleasure level, but he does not smile.

Nay, Holmes does not even move his face. His hair is flopped in front of his face in part, half dry and half wet. His earlier actions on the roof-top have lead to a deeply drenched gentleman. He scowls at the fire as the warmth reflects off his cold, damp face. The water on his face is encapsulated in droplets. These droplets shimmer like diamonds, a lovely novelty, but Holmes remains distinctly unimpressed. He is lost in his own thoughts. Events are transpiring that will bring about both a new dawn and a Dark Age unseen since the days of Ty Burna, potentially even darker than those. Holmes knows it is coming but he must ensure its arrival.

Then a creak changes all that. Holmes spins around to confront the startling noise. He can see a familiar figure standing in the dark. He smirks for the first time. Then, from the darkness comes something. It attacks Holmes and “The Elite” snatches at it; a towel. He uses it to dry his face, erasing the diamonds on his face from existence. Then he speaks:

Steven: Erik...

Sure enough, the figure steps into the light and reveals the familiar Erik Holmes; Steven’s brother. The bearded, bigger brother nods a similar smirk appearing on his face. They truly are blood and Erik observes this with a light chuckle as Holmes attempts to further dry his hair.

Erik: We wouldn’t want you to catch a cold ahead of the biggest match of our career, now would we?

Steven does not respond, at least not outwardly. He simply maintains the drying of his suit, skin and hair. After a few moments of doing so, he throws the now damp towel back at his brother who catches without complaint. Steven continues to stare into the flames and Erik enquires just what it is that lingers in the mind of his brother:

Erik: What troubles you brother?

No response. Erik is accustomed to this. It does not mean Steven is being ignorant, nor does it mean that his brother is dismissing him; it merely means that he is trying to formulate a suitable answer that satisfies both Erik’s enquiry and Steven’s own standards. Then, he reaches it:

Steven: Nothing troubles me as such. I grow fond of this fire and its majesty. I have begun to love it and appreciate its qualities for after all what is life without the heat of the flame?

Erik: Answering a question with another question eh?

Steven turns to face his brother. His expression indicates neither anger nor joy. It is drained of emotion, almost as if Holmes is a cold, lifeless, metallic creature. The cogs are spinning in his head and he is processing a response. That was always the clear distinction between the two Holmes’. While Erik has a quick wit, Steven requires warming up before flowing freely with his words. Without that he is cold and careful about what he says.

Steven: I stand here in this room as a great man, and it is for the last time. A bizarre novelty I find. You see we depart for Chicago come morn. That is where it will happen. It is there that the moment that justifies my entire existence occurs and in that shining, brilliant, beautiful moment I will achieve everything that I had set out to do since I arrived in this country. I will educate, I will entertain and above all else, I will enlighten. I will become that which people love and fear the most. I will become the worshiped and the loathed. I will become omnipotent. And so as a mere mortal I relish this heat for a final time.

Having been prompted by his brother, Steven has now begun to warm up slightly. His face is no longer stone-faced. A slight smile has snuck its way onto the mug of Holmes. He even seems to laugh lightly. Erik too smiles, knowing what he has begun. Steven continues:

Steven: On May 12th we make history dear brother. We don’t just elevate myself unto the throne that sits upon high in the heavens. Far from that, we do it in style.

Taking a step back from the flames, Steven becomes absorbed by his own words, retelling a story he is often fond of presenting to even those who are overly familiar with it.

Steven: I have proven, consecutively, that I am superior to all. Whether it was stealing the Mayhem Championship from under the nose of its champion or capturing the Tag Team Championship after forcing their vacation or recruiting assistance in dethroning Sam Smith or destroying Big Dave’s in-ring career or outmanoeuvring Steven Kurtesy or outthinking Chris K.O. or overwhelming Triple X, I have proven myself time and time again to be not just a brutal warrior, but a meticulous tactician also. And no such rivalry of mine has encapsulated this like the one I currently embark on with David Cougar.

Back and forth Steven moves using his hands to further emphasise his point. Erik merely stands there and takes the tale in once more:

Steven: Once again I have proven myself to be the greater power in a battle as I have manipulated Cougar into a position where his back is against the wall. I have provoked and positioned myself into a place where David Cougar will ultimately cost him his own glory. I have arranged it so the final act of this feud will take place on the grandest stage. I have managed to do what no other ever could. I have made it so that David Cougar is viewed by all as a man. For what Cougar was viewed as before was a God.

This is a new wrinkle to the story that Erik has heard numerous times before and he furrows his inquisitively, encouraging Steven to continue at his rapid pace:

Steven: David Cougar’s nature as champion meant he was a king and a God. He was forever written into the history books; his name forever written in the fabric of time. The people admired and adored him, or at least they did until my exposure of him. There is an old saying that if you can make God bleed, the people will cease to believe in him. David Cougar is nothing but a mere mortal and the people are disturbed by this. Where once they saw a hero, an all conquering king, they now see a fraud. They see a man who has kept the truth from them. They see a vulnerable man whose own emotions are so violently out of control that he will ultimately damn himself to an eternity of suffering. They now see a false prophet.

But exposure is hardly enough. What I needed to do was get Cougar in a position where I could take all that belonged to him and destroy him for his blasphemous actions. I needed to make sure that his dear wife and child were sat in the front row of the All State Arena in Chicago. I needed them there so I could turn what they once considered a beloved friend and father and turn him into a bloody, lifeless corpse. He will become a husk that no one could ever love or even recognise. He will then wonder the rest of his day as a loathed creature that society has cast out. This is the punishment David Cougar faces come Lethal Lottery and it is the end of his journey, but the start of my own.

For weeks, months, years even I have dreamed of the moment where I would rise higher than the heavens themselves and sit upon the ultimate throne, writing my name is time, space and history forevermore and that moment is coming so soon. It is close and it will be brilliant. As the false prophet falls from his fake throne I will take up the real one. I will take the position above all others and I will take the World Heavyweight Championship, whatever the cost and from there I shall ride forth. I will slay whatever beasts stand in my way and I will march forth as the ultimate coronation and validation takes place and my kingdom shall come. I will be shown to be the true prophet. I will be called champion. I will be crowned king. I will become God.

The sheer audacity of Steven to outright say that is somewhat surprising to even his brother as he believes this is the first time he has heard him state that he would become the lord of all in those words. He appears slightly shocked, but it does not disrupt the flow of Steven’s speech and like a burst dam, it keeps flowing freely.

Steven: It will be there that I stand above all else and declare that the king is dead, God save the king. I will, now and forever be both loved and feared throughout all of existence. In that moment everyone will know, with the championship gold held high into the air and my moment standing above all others in history’s entirety that Aristocracy Reigns.

Steven’s face is once more damp, but this time it is the sweat of his impassioned speech which has forced it so. He pants a little before whipping his brow. Erik continues to stand, somewhat aghast at this monster that is unleashed. Then he remembers just who this monster is and beams a smile, knowing his brother’s moment has come and that they will do something no one else ever has. Then Steven retorts with one of his own. They grin and nod at one another. Godhood is upon them.

[YOUTUBE]BSHhjUWcEZA[/YOUTUBE]​

A female hand reaches over and shuts off the alarm clock. The women rolls back over and stretches as the camera pans out. Lying in a hotel bed we see WZCW interviewer Becky Serra. She has her arms stretched out and the look of pure relaxed enjoyment on her face. Becky throws the covers to her side, swings her legs out over the bed and stands up, wearing only an XXL Micky Stormrage T-Shirt, because she liked to sleep in extra large shirts and WZCW had tons of XXL Micky Stormrage shirts in stock. She walks over to the window and opens up the curtains. The light shines brightly into the room and reveals a WZCW Title belt sitting on the table, not just any title belt, but the WZCW World Heavyweight Title belt. Becky stands by the window and stretches out a bit more. She looks down at the title belt and scans around the room, trying to look for something. She then grabs the covers and pulls them off the bed. Lying under the covers are her panties, which she snatches and then walks off camera. The camera zooms in on the title belt where we see that it is a replica title belt with the name plate "Becky Serra". The sound of the shower turning on is heard as the scene ends.

----------

Scene reopens in the hotel hallway. Becky Serra is seen leaving her room with her bags. She walks down the hall towards Stacey Madison's room. She goes to knock on the door, but then sees the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door knob with a big circle drawn around the word "Disturb". She smiles and shakes her head and then continues down the hall. We then see Leon Kensworth waiting by the elevator. He sees Becky approaching and holds open the door for her; the two have a very busy week ahead of them. They are in Springfield, Illinois, for the weekends house shows and to promote WZCW's next PPV, Lethal Lottery, happening at the Allstate Arena in Chicago next week. They are going to pick up Johnny Klamour, who decided to stay in a much nicer hotel, and then head over to the Illinois State Capitol where the Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich will hold a press conference with several WZCW wrestlers and personal to promote the big event. The two sit down in the hotel restaurant to have a quick meal while they wait for Stacey. Five minutes after their meals have been served Stacey Madison meets up with them. One Vodka Screw Driver later, the three hop into a taxi and head out. Stacey holds her head up with her hand while Leon reads a Lethal Lottery program that will be distributed at the event. Becky is staring out the window, day dreaming about Lethal Lottery and all the work that lied ahead of them. She could hardly contain her excitement about the event.

----------

Scene reopens a day later in Peoria, Illinois, at the House Show in Carver Arena. What a weekend it had been so far for Becky and her co-workers. Aside from the big press conference at the Illinois State Capitol, which included Big Dave, Vance Bateman, Steven Holmes, Celeste Crimson, the WZCW Tag Team Champions The Masked Gentleman and The Beard, the new EurAsian Champion Triple X, and the new Elite-X Champion John Constantine, there were a number of different events going on in Springfield and Chicago that weekend. Action Saxton, Saboteur, and Krypto visited local elementary schools to promote book reading, which usually ended with Saxton and Saboteur engaging in full on food fights while Krypto hid under the tables. Micky Stormrage, Ricky Runn, and Mister Alhazred visited many local bars and restaurants throughout the day and Alhazred even got to experience a special tour of the local prison. El Califa Dragon visited a local Hispanic Youth organization where he gave a very uplifting speech about making it in WZCW. Drake Callahan, Sandy Deserts, and Chris K.O. did the radio beat, promoting the PPV and their crazy theories and ideas. Barbosa and S.H.I.T. were at the ribbon cutting for a brand new intensive care hospital where The Empire, Justin Cooper and Alex Bowen, were admitted to. Even Rush and Sam Smith were spotted at a live MMA Event.

And Becky was right in the middle of it all, having her camera crews ready to interview the wrestlers, promotors, and celebrities, who were attending the events, as well as being interviewed herself, something she actually really enjoyed doing when they held PPV’s. The local media and press would hit them up with questions and screen time about the event. Becky loved times like this when the camera was directed at her, and as a child had dreamed that it was the other way around from what she normally does. Nonetheless though, she loved her job and was enjoying ever minute of it right now. One thing that did bother her though, was the mysterious absence of the WZCW World Champion himself, "Showtime" David Cougar. Showtime loves to do events like this; he lives for them almost as much as he lives for the ring and the fans who watch him. There was no word regarding an injury, so Becky was puzzled by the fact he did not show. The House Shows went on without him. Triple X got moved up to the main event verse Steven Holmes, which was a nice rub to a potential Lethal Lottery winner. The matches ended in the same fashion, with Holmes knocking Triple X out with the EurAsian Title and losing via DQ. Holmes would then hold the title high above his head to loud boos, before throwing it down on Triple X and signally that he wants the World Title. Becky wished Showtime would’ve been there so she could watch him smack the smirk right off the face and show him why he is in for the fight of his life at Lethal Lottery. Even on the inside in WZCW, Becky is still a fan at heart.

----------

Becky arrives at the Allstate Arena early in the morning on the day of Lethal Lottery. She steps out of the cab and walks up to the security personal who kindly lets her pass. Normally Leon is the first interviewer to arrive at any show, but this time Becky beat him. She could hardly sleep last night, her excitement for this event was huge. Maybe as big as it was at Kingdom Come IV, but then again this PPV would set in motion what would take place at Kingdom V, which itself was something else to get really excited about. The card was simple this year, but stellar. A Tag Team Title match between possibly the three best teams to ever compete at the same. A grudge match over 7 months in the making, inside a Steel Cage no less. Combate A Muerte Mexicano, a Mexican Death match between the former World Champion, and the man that he believes to be the Harbinger of Chaos. The most unpredictable Lethal Lottery match ever. Barely anyone on the roster has been confirmed to participate, but one can guess a good number who will be competing, and contemplate a few names that may make surprising returns. You had guys like Mason Westhoff, Grand Mystique, and Isabel Stone, who were looking to cement their place on the card. Fast rising starts like Vega and Grizzly Bob who seemed posed for a big breakout in their careers, and guys like Jimmy Flynn, Brent Blaze, Dustin Hunter, and Thrash, who pushed themselves harder than ever during the weekend House Shows to impress management enough for a spot in the match. Competition for this match was going to be fierce.

And then there’s the other main event, "The Elite" Steven Holmes facing "Showtime" David Cougar for the WZCW Title. Normally these two would headline any card, but with the Lethal Lottery match it’s kind of taken a backseat on this card. A shame because of how personal and physical this feud between the two has become. Blood has been spilled and family has been pulled in, a fan would love to see these two compete in a blood bath, but with the heavy stipulation placed over Showtime’s head, we can expect to see some restraint from him as these two ring veterans entertain the crowd with a very technical and exciting match. The fans can also suspect the diabolical Holmes try to use the rules to win the title underhandedly, but Becky believed that Showtime could pull through somehow.

She walks down the hallway and emerges out the other end inside the Allstate Arena seating section. She loved to gaze at the inside right before the show and imagine all the empty seats filled with fans. A few spot lights from the rafters shine down on the ring and Becky sees someone standing in there alone. Becky squints her eyes to see better as she walks forward. Light shines brightly off the persons shoulder and as Becky gets closer she can see that it is "Showtime" David Cougar standing alone in the ring, WZCW Title over his shoulder. Becky gets to the ring and walks up the stairs quietly. Showtime continues to look up at the stands as Becky straddles into the ring.

Serra: David! Where have you been? What are you doing here all by yourself?

Showtime continues to stare up towards the light. He then looks backdown to inside the ring, and then looks back up at Becky.

Showtime: I had some personal matters to attend to. Nothing’s too personal here anymore it seems. Holmes has set out to make it just that, and now all that’s left is our match. I’m looking forward to the look on Holmes’ face after I defeat him.

Showtime smiles and so does Becky and she slowly walks closer to him.

What are you doing here so early? I figured you’d want to do some prep work before heading to the arena?

You can only prepare so much for destiny, right?

Becky smiles at the jab at Holmes.

No, I’ve been ready for this match for a while now. I just like to get here early and stand in the ring. It really opens my mind before a big match. It’s about the only time I ever feel so small and alone, it's nice to feel alone sometimes, especially of late.

Showtime smiles a sad smile. He had been without a cell phone for weeks, but still was being followed and haunted by the sound of ringing phones. Becky knew this and turned her phone off before entering the ring, and prayed that it wouldn’t ring.

I’m sorry Becky, where are my manners, I’m sure you’ve been dyeing all week about getting a chance to interview me before Lethal Lottery?

She had been. Normally Leon and Johnny chase after Showtime for interviews. Leon is told to because management feels Showtime would do nothing but hit on the females, and Johnny does because he knows he can get a free meal out of him. Her face lights up.

Yeah... absolutely. Let me just go back and get a camera guy.

That’s okay Becky, there are a few already around us.

Becky turns and sees the camera men and smiles.

Right... I tend to forget sometimes. Now Showtime.....

I am not Ty Burna.

The answer throws Becky off. One, because she never actually got a question out, and two, they never spoke about Ty Burna.

Show, I don’t think anyone thinks your Ty Burna. Some people think he’s El Califa Dragon, but most don’t believe that either.

If only Becky really knew what Showtime had meant by that. If only she could see what had been going on inside his head.

March 28, 2013

The following is a phone call that took place in the wee hours of March 28.

Showtime: Okay you've got my attention. You've been calling me non stop all day. I don't know who you are or what sick game you are trying to pull, but I'm done trying to ignore it. You've somehow made it impossible for me to ignore it, so talk already and tell me what it is you're trying to do.

The voice on the other line slowly breathes in and out. A cough and a chuckle follow and at last the voice speaks to Showtime.

Voice: Make you realize just who you are.

Your voice... it sounds so familiar. It can’t be..... you’re dead.

There is no way to kill him, you should know that very well, but I am not the Harbinger of Chaos that you speak of.

You're a liar Ty, if you are not Ty Burna than who are you?

It doesn't matter who I am. I am nobody, nothing right now. The man they call Ty Burna does indeed walk among the living in WZCW, but not as the person some believe he is. You, "Showtime" David Cougar... are Ty Burna.

There is a long pause between the two. Showtime is the first to make a noise, bursting out into a light laughter and the voice chuckles soon after him.

Yeah right Ty, whatever you say, why don't you crawl back into the hole you came from and die this time.

And not say one last goodbye to your lovely wife, or your child.

Showtime pauses... stunned.

How do you know...

I know all that goes on in your world Showtime because like I said... you are Ty Burna. I know that in the early hours yesterday she contacted you at your hotel room, worried because your phone was shut off. She really does care for you.

Showtime gulps as he continues to speak to the man.

You expect me to believe all this? Why the hell should I believe that I am him?

Because... you always wanted to be him.

That is true. When Showtime was first starting out he faced Ty Burna in his second match and was humbled by him in defeat. Ty’s career received the fast track to the top while Showtime took the slow and steady pace. Showtime had secretly wanted the power that Ty Burna possessed.

Even if that were true, how does one simply become Ty Burna? This isn’t an episode of Supernatural.

Back when the Ty Burna as you know him walked among the living, he engaged in three final matches. The match verse Barbosa destroyed his body. The match verse you for the title that he so craved, he lost his spirit in defeat to you. The match verse Chris K.O. was simply the final nail in the coffin for the once almighty Ty Burna. He rose from the dead after that night and assumed a new form, one inside of you Showtime.

You have no proof of this. This is all simply speculation.

Speculation? Where do I have to begin. Tell me... why is it that only you can hear me? Or better yet, when did the fans start to cheer for you?

Right around Kingdom Come IV.

Where you made a deal with the devil. WZCW was in shambles, about to be blown up from the inside, and you opted for a chance at personal glory rather than fight to save your show. You then defeated Steven Kurtesy, who was liked by many, and condemned him for achieving his own personal glory rather than continuing the fight against Ty Burna. Then at Redemption you lost it all in humiliating fashion. Anyone else would’ve come out of that wreck more hated and disposed than before, but not you. For some reason though, the fans stood behind you and supported you, despite all your glaring faults, despite your crooked nature, they started to cheer for you and continued too. Now what would possess them all to suddenly do that?

Because I’m fighting for them now.

Hahaha, oh that’s rich. That sounds like something Ty Burna once said. Don’t you remember when he returned from his last absence. When you drove him off the stage ramp, through piles of tables, and into the unknown. When he came back he was cheered and adored by everyone and that drove you insane; that the fans could love somebody so cold and evil. Kinda makes you wonder how the fans could get behind you when you two are so much alike.

The voice laughs and Showtime is left with nothing else to say. The voice has one final message for Showtime before hanging up.

Sooner or later though... your true colours will show, just like they did for Ty Burna during his dominant reign on top. You’ll turn your back on the fans, you’ll turn your back on your friends. You’ll even turn your back on Brenna and Clayton. Hahahaha.

What I mean by that Becky is that I’m human. I’m prone to make some mistakes in my life; I have made many mistakes. Ty Burna was human, but he refused to admit it. He acted as if he were god around here and found it necessary to pass judgment on all who stood before him. For a long time he was god-like inside the ring. Unbeatable, unstoppable. I may be World Champion now, but when everyone talks about the greatest wrestler in WZCW, the discussion begins and ends with Ty Burna, always. I may never live up to the standard that he set in the ring; I have already in my reign as champion lost more matches than Ty Burna did in a full year. What I do have going for me now is determination, heart, and confidence. I may never go down as the greatest wrestler in WZCW, but as it stands now I’m the longest reigning World Champion since Ty Burna. I'm the best there is currently and I plan on keeping that distinction straight through to Kingdom Come. My legacy in WZCW is cemented; I could walk away right now from the ring with my head up high, but I won’t, not just yet. There’s more that I can do and there’s more that I can achieve. The sky is the limit for me this time, and I’m willing to take it as far as I can go.

For months Steven Holmes has been inside your head, drawing your very private life into this match with you. He even went as far as to invite your wife and child to sit at ringside for the match. How has this affected you? Has it taken your mind off focus to the challenge that lies ahead.

On the contrary Becky, it’s reminded me about what I have that Holmes will never have. Holmes may have a fleet of workers; of maids and servants and business associates, who will do whatever he says for the right price. He has them trained like dogs to do his bidding, but eventually you find that one will rise up and bite the hand that feeds and the rest will follow. They aren’t loyal to Holmes, they are loyal to his wealth and power. The second that he loses that, he will have no one by his side. Even his own brother, Erik, joined him only to collect on a bounty. Holmes has no friends or family that will stand beside him through thick and thin. I may not have always been there for my family; I certainly have failed them as a husband and father for much of their lives, but I know I care deeply about their health and safety and they care about mine to. I love them, and I know that when I walk away from all of this that they will accept me into their lives. The fans have supported me through all my personal struggles; even though I know I don’t deserve their cheers. Everybody from Callahan to Constantine have tried to pass judgment on me and claim the fans will no longer support me. All they have done is lit a bigger fire inside of me to go out and give my all to the fans one more time. The only way they will turn on me is if I turn on them first, and I don’t plan on ever going down that path again.

I'm a changed man Becky. I don't need wrestling, or this title, as much as Holmes needs this to justify his presence here, to make his life complete. This title doesn't complete my life. Thanks to Holmes, I realized that my life was complete the day I found out I had a family to come home to. Everything else so far has just been gravy and now I'm giving some of that back to the people who supported me, the people who paid to see me, and the people who believed in me. I owe it to them to step into this ring each and every week and give it my all. If I lose, so be it. The sun will rise again the next day and they will all still have my back, like they did during my darkest days. If I win, it's for all those people, and I'll continue to fight and win for them for as long as can. Holmes has nobody he is doing this for and a Lethal Lottery, win or lose, he will be alone.

Thank you Showtime for the interview. Speaking off the record as a fan, I believe in you and I know you'll continue to do the right thing. Now go kick Holmes' ass for me.

Showtime smiles and nods his head at Becky. She gives a smile back as well as she leaves the ring. Showtime now stands alone in the ring again. His eyes once again fixated on the empty seats in the arena. He closes his eyes and goes back to the dream he had weeks back where he was ascending the top of a mountain.

Showtime swears loudly and then smiles as he grabs his pick and slowly works his way up the mountain. He continues to make strong pace to the top and before he knows it he is on top of the mountain. Showtime removes his helmet and looks around at the view up top.

?????: I see you finally came.

Showtime turns to look towards the voice and his eyes show a look of recognition. Showtime is now dressed in his normal ring attire with the WZCW Title on his shoulder. He looks across the mountain top and standing up there with him is an identical "Showtime" David Cougar, also with the WZCW Title belt. The second Showtime opens his eyes, revealing them to be blood red.

Showtime II: There's only room for one of us up here. He says with a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back