• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kingdom Come V - World Title Triple Threat Discussion

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
944263_426324604147088_1808590611_n.jpg

For the first time ever in WZCW history, the final match for the World Heavyweight Championship will not just feature the champion going up against the Lethal Lottery winner - this time, a third man will be added to the fray as the former champion "Showtime" Cougar will be involved alongside Drake Callahan and current reigning title holder Steven Holmes. All three man have been almost exclusively involved with the title since Cougar won it prior to Redemption, changing hands multiple times between the three but with this huge Triple Threat match headlining the event, this will be the last time that all three could see the title in their reach for a very long time. All three are at the top of their game and will not be losing this precious opportunity, especially with Steven Holmes only recently capturing the title. But can he take down the experienced veteran "Showtime" who has headlined the event before and already knows the pressure of Kingdom Come as well as the crafty Callahan who has been near unstoppable for the last few months?​

Adding Showtime to this match was a great idea, why? Because I think he'll be getting his title back sooner rather than later. I was surprised to see him lose, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him win it back at the biggest show of the year. That way, if Crimson wins, she faces Showtime & we bring up a whole beautiful feud there. Also, Showtime doesn't seem right without the belt, so here's me thinking that he'll win it back at Kingdom Come

Prediction - Showtime wins, becomes new WZCW Heavyweight Champion.

Kayfabe-wise, I expect Holmes to take this one. I'm glad Showtime's in this match, because heel-v-heel isn't as much money. I know it's the tail wagging the dog, but if Holmes retains, it makes the Celeste/Barbosa-fight five times better. Drake Callahan winning would also be a good fit, because it plays off his huge win at LL, as well as the beef between him and Celeste (should she win).

However! Because we're shoot-fighting in WZCW (or at least legitimately competeing with RP's), Showtime has as good a chance to take it as either of the other two. This'll render the #1 contender's match a bit moot, but on the other hand, it'd make for a refreshed main-event.

If there was ever an RP that FunKay needed to bring the house down with, its this match. Showtime & Harthan are top quality RPers and are a complete bitch of a challenge if I do say so myself (I haven't a won a match against these guys as of yet). Plus, Holmes just won the title so he really needs to keep the strap... but I cannot deny the roll that Harthan is on and how easily he can decimate opponents. Showtime has that ability to hit excellence but Harthan just does it more regularly. Unless FunKay pulls out a monster, this goes to Callahan.

Prediction: Drake Callahan

Thank God this was made into a Triple Threat, because I could not have cared less about a Holmes vs Callahan Main Event. This will probably be the toughest match of the night for creative to call. The Showtime/Holmes feud was pretty lame IMO but this Triple Threat feud has been pretty sweet. Don't really care who wins... but heels winning big card Main Events are always a bit of a downer.

I give the edge to Drake here. If Harthran is on top of his game I don't think the others can beat him and I fully expect him to reach that top level for this one. He'd be a worthy champions, surely.

I can't pick a winner between Drake of Cougar but I give the edge to Callahan. I really enjoyed him during his first title run and after he lost it I kinda lost interest in him. I think he'll win it and feud with the winner Barbosa/Celeste. But I think there are certain things that should happen depending on certain winners.

If Holmes retain neither Showtime or Callahan should get title matches before Apocalypse.

If Showtime wins Drake shouldn't get a title match before Apocalypse.

And same thing goes for Showtime should Drake win. Holmes should get re-match seeing as it's only fair but if loses it the same goes for him.

Time for some real thoughts on this match from me.

A couple of days ago FalKon noticed that this was the least active thread out of all the discussion threads made for Kingdom Come. He talked about this being tradition breaking but that isn't enough to draw interest. Steven Holmes is supposed to be the top heel in the fed but that isn't getting people to care. Drake pulled off this big Lethal Lottery win but I still don't care. The only reason to car about this match is Showtime Cougar. This match is probably the least anticipated main event of Kingdom Come ever.

Steven Holmes vs. Showtime Cougar grew old way before Lethal Lottery. I don't remember seeing people asking for that match or for Holmes to get another shot at the gold. He lost time after time against Showtime and yet we're supposed to take him seriously as a threat? We make fun of WWE here but that's exactly what the WWE does with their superstars. Then Holmes gets the win at LL and that's supposed to make them equal? No. Holmes and Showtime are not on the same level, it's not even close. Showtime is worlds above where Holmes is and that is not going to change in the near future.

I like the addition of Drake to this match and personally I would have liked to see Drake vs. Showtime as the main event. We know Drake can beat Showtime when given a chance unlike Holmes who needed several. As I said before though, I don't care about Drake being in this match. It's cool but Showtime is the star and he'll get all the focus going into this match.

The best outcome that I could think of would be if Showtime wins and pins Holmes. No rematch for Holmes if Showtime wins because Barbosa should not be screwed out of his title shot.

Still no RP's in. Is this a game of last-minute chicken, playing mind games outside of kayfabe? YOU decide...

Still no RP's in. Is this a game of last-minute chicken, playing mind games outside of kayfabe? YOU decide...

I think it's more of using every minute available to fine-tune and sit on your RP. If there ever was a round to do it, this is it. You never know if you might change your mind on something. Besides, we still have 1 1/2 days before the deadline is even up. It's very early to even begin calling this a game of "chicken" when 80%+ RPs are usually posted on the last day of the deadline.

Pretty much what Kermit said. Leading up to KC III Showtime and I both had our RP's done but we both waited until the last minute of deadline day to post them up, and monitoring each other to see who would post first just in case we needed to make that one last change to our RPs.

Also an interesting note, with this match Showtime will become the second person to main event multiple Kingdom Comes (but not consecutively) along with me.

While I value your calm, insightful opinions, I'm just trying to hype up the biggest match of the biggest PPV of the biggest e-fed of the biggest wrestling forum...EVER ;)

And yes I realize I just pretty much agreed with what you said. You'll have to excuse me I'm trying to entertain myself while working on trouble calls so I may not have read everything completely LEAVE ME ALONE.

I miss you, Ty...
#numberonefan
#numberonestalker

Harthan said:
You forced me to double check it was still a Thursday deadline whilst having a mild aneurysm.
:lmao:
You can doo eet, Bobby Boucher!

I think it's more of using every minute available to fine-tune and sit on your RP. If there ever was a round to do it, this is it. You never know if you might change your mind on something. Besides, we still have 1 1/2 days before the deadline is even up. It's very early to even begin calling this a game of "chicken" when 80%+ RPs are usually posted on the last day of the deadline.

You're assuming then that I've started working on my RP ;)

So Holmes came out and said what he needed to say. Sublime confidence or rookie mistake? You decide...

Jesus H Christ. This match is going to be difficult to call.

It's between Showtime and Drake in my head. Funk went a different direction with his, not sure if that was the right move but I certainly applaud him for having the balls to try something new on the biggest stage.

If I had a gun to my head and had to pick, right now I would say Drake takes this. Harthan has nearly perfected the ability to make you feel the emotion in his RPs, and this certainly was no different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back