• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Last night, I was the Disco Inferno. True Story.

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
So, I was looking for wrestling shows to download over torrents, and I found a file that said, "[PC] WCW Nitro and WWE Raw". Didn't know what that meant, so I downloaded it. It was the computer games of those two awesome games. Well, I hate playing games on computer, so I drug out my old Playstation original, the good ole PSX, and found my WCW Nitro Live game. It's so awesome. Took me a while to figure it out again, but I so kicked ass. Then, I used codes, and unlocked the Disco Inferno. I used more codes to unlock a disco wrestling arena, complete with strobe lights and all things disco. It was so cool.

So, I made a match. I, as the Disco Inferno, vs. Dean Malenko. Really cool thing; when you press the L2 button as Disco Inferno in a disco ring, both competitors stop and do the "YMCA". I laughed. I would up stomping a mudhole in Dean Malenko, finishing him off with an Inverted DDT and Crossface Chickenwing.

I'm going to try out WWF War Zone, Attitude, and WCW vs. The World later. If you have any of these old games, I highly recommend you give them a whirl.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share my experience of being The Disco Inferno.

Warzone = crap.

Attitude = crap.

WCW v. the World = decent

Original WWF Smackdown for PSX = most fun I've ever had playing a wrestling game.

Warzone = crap.

Attitude = crap.

WCW v. the World = decent

Original WWF Smackdown for PSX = most fun I've ever had playing a wrestling game.

What just what? warzone was the best and then attitude was the best, how can you say that, warzone was wrestlings answer to pac man imo

I can say that because it was boring. I had to do some kind of freaking long string of button pushing just to be able to pull off a finishing move. The grappling system was awful, it was just a terrible game.

Notice I said "game." They are in fact the same game with Attitude having more characters and a few extra features that did not take away from the game being totally not fun to play.

Yeah, I remember having to do Mortal Kombat style strings of button combos to do a finisher. WTF was that?

I can say that because it was boring. I had to do some kind of freaking long string of button pushing just to be able to pull off a finishing move. The grappling system was awful, it was just a terrible game.

Notice I said "game." They are in fact the same game with Attitude having more characters and a few extra features that did not take away from the game being totally not fun to play.
I like that system. What I hate is the current system where you can't do a wrestling move unless you get into a lock-up. That's stupid and unrealistic.

WWF Attitude remains one of the best wrestling games ever put out for Sony systems.

I like that system. What I hate is the current system where you can't do a wrestling move unless you get into a lock-up. That's stupid and unrealistic.

WWF Attitude remains one of the best wrestling games ever put out for Sony systems.

this is the second time ive ever agreed with sly

Was legends of wrestling for PS2 worth a piss? I see that game everywhere and am always tempted to buy but don't.

WWF Attitude was freaking awesome. You could load up a memory card with create a wrestlers, some ungodly amount of people. Pure Bad Ass.

yup, I owned at those games. SvR took that away from me. Button combos own more then anything.

Irony, the smallest game systems have the most playable characters. How int he hell does the PSP have more characters then the PS360 versions?

Ouch.

SvR needs better legends. FACT.
No, no more SvR games. They're terrible now. They peaked with Here Comes the Pain, and have slid ever since.

The WWE does need to put out a Legends game though. A true legends game, not a game with ******s like Sabu and Sandman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back