kurt angle wins the tna title

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnarage2

Pre-Show Stalwart
so angle wins the tna title with the help of samoa joe so does that mean that the nation of violence was the main event mafia all along what are your thoughts on this outcome

I thought it was the biggest screwjob I had seen in a long time in TNA. Until SamoaJoe helped Angle become Champ by handing him the belt, I thought that either Joe, AJ, or Jeff should have won tonight. I'm really hoping that Joe helping the Mafia is a trick and he rejoins the Nation of Violence when Taz comes to TNA (if Taz comes to TNA at all).

Taz is coming to TNA. The Angle/Joe thing was most likely a prime example of "Keep Your Enemies closer" thing, I will be surprised if Taz debuts and Joe stays with MEM.

I'm hoping AJ Styles drops the Legends title since he really doesn't need it at this point. Foley could waste that title all he wants, It's not really doing any justice at all.

How is this a screwjob? It's just a curveball, which keeps it interesting. Tazz can also join MEM if they want, so it doesn't have to be "Tazz or MEM".

It looks like Joe and AJ will feud, so the Legends title will be more involved. It hasn't had a history, so it has no justice to do. "Oh man they're disgracing the long line of....Booker T". It's not like a credible title like the IC or US, at least not yet. It just debuted, and hopefully now Joe and AJ go at it. It will no doubt boost the prestige and make it relevant.

I think this was a good move on part of TNA. No one saw this coming. Even I though Joe, AJ, or Jarrett was going to win tonight.

Not only did TNA throw EVERYONE off by having Joe give the victory to Angle but this can also help boost Joe even more into the main event scene. There are multiple routes TNA can take from here.

Tenay stated at the end of the show that Joe has joined the Mafia. If thats true, Joe would be a great addition to the MEM and would give credibility to the fact that Joe can hang with the big boys.

If not, like Enigma stated, its a very good example of the whole keep your enemies closer angle.

Personally I loved this ending. I was actually shocked at the end of the match. And that's extremely rare these days.

finally, ive been rooting for this for awhile. Joe needs to be fighting AJ in a main event type feud and putting on a great match as opposed to wrestling Steiner and Booker T for the 200th time.

Now how they go about this should be interesting, Has Joe finally learned respect ? What about Sting now ? Hes suppoedly the "leader" of the mafia now, angle has the belt and the power did he consult with sting about this decision ? Is Sting going to get kicked out now ? This leads to a lot of different angles they can go with now. I think it was a great move and long overdue

Ok, I overeacted a little with "screwjob," but I was really hoping AJ would have won. Oh well, it was an exciting match. WWE never put on any matches in the past year that got me excited.

I gotta agree with you Loki. It wasn't just a curveball, but a beautiful curveball!

I just got back from Auburn Hills...I gotta tell you that the moment that Joe handed Kurt that belt, the entire section I was sitting in fell silent in shock. One of the most cleverly crafted swerves I've seen in a long time (maybe take a few notes, Mr. McMahon!). With the buildup surrounding Tazz, the weeks of attacking the Mafia one by one, and even the prematch attack on Angle, nobody saw this coming. It was a thing of beauty that created exactly what it was supposed to do...me waiting in anticipation to see Impact on Thursday. Great show and even greater main event, TNA!

Personally I think it was a great choice, but they seemed to have buried Joe's past feuds with other members of the Mafia. But still it's good business and fans are probably gonna tune in to see Joe explain himself. I wanted A.J. to win though. I mean has he ever won a KoTM match?

Nope, AJ hasn't. If I can recall, Jeff Jarrett, Raven, Samoa Joe, and Kurt Angle the only winners of the KOTM, with Jarrett and Angle both winning the match twice.

Stuff like this is why I love TNA, wwe doesn't do things like this anymore(if they ever did).

Can't wait for Thursday! or tomorrow when the spoilers come out.

all I was able to say was "what the fuck just happen" lol...didn't see that one coming at all.this one will be for the record books for tna and since this curveball happen hopefully this will mean tna will age great like fine wine.

p.s sharmell looked sexy tonight,I'm just sayin:)

Wow I am still talking about this ending of the PPV until now. The whole PPV was great, Daniels match was pretty slow, but Shane injury tells the story. The X division match was crazy, I really wish I was there when I was watching it. The Monster's Ball was crazy also.

Overall it was the best PPV for TNA so far for the year for me. I wanted AJ to win, I was jumping up and down when he had that moment where he was climbing up the ladder and the fans were going crazy, and then Joe power bomb him damn. I was very surprise what Joe did, but no matter what people Angle is one of the best. So if AJ doesn't win the title, its good that Angle did.

Hell yeah, this may have been the best show I have seen TNA do this year so far. However, I won't say this is the PPV of the year yet. Still have six more PPVs left, including Bound For Glory which I definately can't wait for.

Stuff like this is why I love TNA, wwe doesn't do things like this anymore(if they ever did).

Can't wait for Thursday! or tomorrow when the spoilers come out.

Exactly, I was reading somewhere where Kurt said that they don't know who win the match until that night. Which is good because in WWE we read ahead on who's going to win and so forth and when it happens it's not exciting and surprise. But TNA seems to be surprising people a lot ever since they started. I mean they hire Angle, they got Sting, they hire Foley, they show Lashely, and many more. I mean who's next? and what's next?

Prior to the match, I picked Angle to win with little faith in my own judgment. Good to see I was right. It's about time there was a major heel turn, and a totally unexpected one at that, in pro wrestling. WWE hardly does it anymore (with the exception of Matt Hardy). Who knows where this will go but I can think of a scenerio where it's a sort of Corporate-Ministry type faction. Maybe The Main Event Nation, Main Event Violence, you get the idea. The names aren't special or clever, but the point remains the same. If TNA wants to create a NWO-sized faction they could -- something that permeates all throughout the TNA Impacts and PPVs. Of course it's not something *fresh*, but most things in wrestling aren't. In defense of that possible route, there hasn't been a huge (number wise) faction in years, and hasn't been a "taking over" faction since the botched WCW/ECW Invasion. The biggest problem TNA will have is that Nash, Steiner, and Taz (if he does still come) are EXTREMELY limited in the ring. But maybe all the MEV/MEN/MEM (who the hell knows currently) needs is Joe, Angle, Sting (sure why not), Booker.

Nonetheless, I loved the swerve. I felt about 1% cheated out of the ending because I did think while Joe was up there he was gonna win.. but I did like..no love this ending.

Ah, the same people that say the WWE insults fans intelligence will back an angle where a guy joins with someone he hates to be his subservient and to be in a group with people he has ripped and vice versa. And we're not talking about 5 years ago, we're talking a month or 2 ago. I wouldn't doubt if they pretend like Joe, Nash, and Steiner are friends now, which is why I read the results and dont' watch this crap. So TNA marks, please refrain from bashing WWE when you get the same crap only on a much worse scale but you love it. TNA booking is terrible and never makes sense. I dare them to prove me wrong.

JJYanks121, You can bitch and complain about TNA booking all you want, but WWE hasn't came close this year to putting on a PPV as good as Slamiversary. I watch WWE and TNA both, but when it comes to in-ring product and matches at PPV's, TNA takes the cake. Wrestlemania which is supposed to be WWE's greatest show of the year, was mediocre at best. While this PPV tore the house down. X-Division king of the mountain was off the hook, monsters ball was great, Team 3D/Beer Money was great(WWE wishes they had 1 tag team as good as either of these 2, and you gotta think TNA also has the British Invasion and Motor City Machineguns). Knockouts match was good, and yes these women are actually good in the ring, not only looking good(IMO Velvet Sky is the best looking woman in wrestling btw). Daniels/Douglas would've been solid if Douglas wasn't injured. The KOM for the TNA Title was good as well. And I liked the ending, it was fresh and new, wrestling always needs good heel turns like this, who cares if Joe fought Nash/Steiner previously. Yes TNA booking can be below average and not make much sense sometimes. But they make up for it with matches as good as these, and we haven't even gotten to Bound for Glory yet. WWE better hope Summerslam/Survivor Series and a couple of their 2nd rate PPV's turn out well, b/c in 2009 so far WWE has definitely struck out as far the their PPV's go!!

this might be a little out there... but what if Joe didn't join the Mafia, what if Angle joined the "Nation of Violence" :)

and what if Angle was Joe's "mentor" this whole time, instead of it being Taz.. that'd would be a pretty neat swerve, i think :)

JJYanks121, You can bitch and complain about TNA booking all you want, but WWE hasn't came close this year to putting on a PPV as good as Slamiversary.

Couldn't agree more!
I've been a huge pro wrestling fan all my life. I watched WWF, WCW, and ECW back in the day. I watch WWE, TNA, ROH, and try to keep up on some other Indy promotions as well. I don't favor any promotion over the other. But when a certain promotion is doing great, I will recognize it.

TNA Wrestling is kicking WWEs ass in Pay Per Views this year! The only WWE pay per view I have ordered this year so far is Wrestlemania 25. And I was beyond pissed that I wasted $55 on it. And because what was suppose to be the biggest PPV all year long for WWE, I refuse to waste another 50 bones.

Now, I have ordered every TNA PPV this year, because well, they put on great matches every single time. And guess what? Not a single TNA PPV has disappointed this year yet!

As far as the Slammiversary ending tonight....I said it earlier....it was a GREAT ending. No one saw it coming and a major heel turn is something that was well needed!

Well i predicted it would be between AJ and Angle but i never saw a swerve like this, im really really looking forward to impact (or the spoilers) to find out why Joe pulled such a 180. Im secretly hoping for a double cross situation, get close to the mafia and destroy them from the inside.

So by my count this year the unexpected swerve count is 2 to TNA (Lashley and Joe) and 1 to WWE (Trump)

Edit : Forgot about Trump buying Raw

Look, if people are gonna fucking rag on WWE, and then Praise TNA and all its 1.4 rating glory, then get the facts straight.

Vince just pulled a 10X major swerve less than 7 days ago. A swerve which topped this easily. And, it made sense kinda. Hrmmm. Imagine that. A swerve making sense. So it's actually 1-1. Lashley does not count being a swerve, he hasn't done jack crap. Nobody cared about him, and nobody has missed him since.

Anybody else find it odd, that this craptactular, mumbo jumbo bullshit swerve that made NO sense happened less than a week when Vince dropped a bombshell on Raw?

The trump thing was a swerve? And a successful one at that?
It was incredibly stupid and lame. And has no effect on the title picture or developing storylines between wrestlers.
So i would say TNA 1, WWE 0 for swerves.

Look, if people are gonna fucking rag on WWE, and then Praise TNA and all its 1.4 rating glory, then get the facts straight.

Vince just pulled a 10X major swerve less than 7 days ago. A swerve which topped this easily. And, it made sense kinda. Hrmmm. Imagine that. A swerve making sense. So it's actually 1-1. Lashley does not count being a swerve, he hasn't done jack crap. Nobody cared about him, and nobody has missed him since.

Anybody else find it odd, that this craptactular, mumbo jumbo bullshit swerve that made NO sense happened less than a week when Vince dropped a bombshell on Raw?

The fact that it made "no sense" is what keeps it interesting. No one saw it coming. Of all the thousands of outcomes people claiming what "would definitely happen" on this site, no one said Kurt Angle by means of Joe.

And are you saying the bombshell is Donald Trump becoming owner of Raw? haha and watching Vince argue with a pre-taping of Trump? Eric Young winning the TNA title last night would be the equivalent surprise to that Raw surprise. 10x more major? It's an absolute joke. When Vince said someone bought Raw, I was ecstatic trying to think of who it could possibly be. I was even telling my friend that Raw could get interesting. But no, Donald Trump. Unlike seeing what happens next in the Joe/MEM saga, I have 0 interest in the "commercial free" Raw, and I'd much rather read about it tomorrow

Kaz also has won the KOTM oh and suicide after last night to.... but im glad joe is heel bc i feel like he is better as a heel but again i think tna makes no sense bc why have him attack n take everyone out if he gonna join...so now everything is suppose to be ok, they all buddy buddy now? idk i just think they should of went with it a different way... and now i think sting will end up being kicked out of MEM and join the front line and finally have a steady stable mini group of taking out the MEM and rumors have it that kevin nash may leave MEM also which i would love to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back