• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kofi Kingston in the Elimination Chamber.

Crush1

Getting Noticed By Management
Wow, i'm impressed. It seems that Kingston is now in with the big league. Well even though he got a lucky roll up win, against Kane no less but he's got a chance against a WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT champion. Noticed that I enlarged those two words. Anyways what could this mean for Kofi Kingson? Has his time officialy come to shine? If Vince wasnt serious about Kingston he wouldnt put him in the Chamber having a shot against the most popular wrestler of this time John Cena.

I think Kofi deserves this. He may not be a huge impact in the Chamber but the fact that he has a place in it could well mean that the creative team trusts him. He's young, athletic and most importantly can connect with the crowd you know the usual cliché. Even though the creative team can srew him out of the Chamber in one way or another i'm pretty excited. So whats your opinion on this?

Reactions: NSL
ive liked kofi for a while, i noticed his talent right away but putting him in an elimination chamber it possibly a bit too much of a push for him, building him up in the mid card is a good idea for now. I thought kane would have been a better choice in the elimination chamber to be fair, u need a monster in that particular match, but anyway well done to kofi for his first real push.

I realy am suprised here. He'll be one of the first ones out but it's a nice change of pace. There's two Raws until NWO so it's really just a short test run to see how he does in the main event. There's nothign wrong with this as Kofi is more or less harmless. He comes out, has a decent match, the crowd is into him, he goes to the back. WHy not throw him out there and see how he does? At worst he goes back to the top of the mid card.

Kofi in the Intercontinental Championship picture....Smart!
Kofi in the Tag Team Chamionship picture...Smart!
Kofi in the World Heavyweight Championship picture...Stupid!
Kofi in the Elimination Chamber...WTF!?!?!

and as always we are expected to believe that this immitation Jamaican can beat someone like Kane so easily..I mean c'mon creative! Either come up with more believable and less repetitive storylines, or just get rid of Kane altogether!! He's been reduced to being a literal stepping stool for anyone WWE wants to push and that just ain't right.

Don't get me wrong, Kofi is very talented and has lots of energy & charisma to get the crowds amp'd up but WWE needs to improve their booking. Plus, who in their right mind would actually think that Kingston has a chance to wlk out of the "most grueling structure ever created" and as champion?!?!?!

I don't think we will see anything big come out of this. IMO it's just like when they put TBK in the Scramble. It's just to test the waters and because of #'s. This is good for Kofi since it will get people a chance to see him against other maineventers which can help him look legit, but if he ends up being the, The Brian Kendrick of the chamber(like TBK was in the scramble, always getting beated down and what not)then it might do more harm then good. So I know there is no bloody way he will ever win, but I hope at least he puts up a good fight against guys like Cena & Jericho just so it makes him seem more legit.

I think this move shows how crappy raws main event scene in. Smackdown chamber may have the likes of hhh , both hardys , big show , taker , shelton and more. Raws doesnt look good at all.

Dont get me rong Kofis ok , but wow in the world title picture ? Am a guy who likes new talent pushed , but Kofis gimmick aint gawnae do much. Very shocked and would defo want to see Kane in it.

Anyone notice that it lookd like kane kickd out of the roll up ??? And remeber this same ref done ti to kane a couple weeks ago against Randy Orton im sure.

to the dude above me noone is expecting kofi kingston to walk out NWO as champion.but thats besides the point good job creative for changing things a bit i mean i wouldent wanna see a slow,chunky,Kane in the elimination chamber. i want to see fast,high flying, action which is what kofi kingston gives you. i mean its a win-win situation either way.if kofi does well in the EC match then creative can trust him for things in the future but if he does terrible im sure his worst is far better then Kane would give you in the elimination chamber match.so good luck kofi

I agree with the rest of the people that this is just a test to see if Kofi can be a legit contender for the World Heavyweight Championship one day and to see how the fans react. Of course we don't see Kofi walking out of NWO as the WHC, but he can prove a lot in this match and hopefully he doesn't screw it up. The last thing I want is another talent being pushed, only to get thrown around at the end.:icon_exclaim:

With kofi, rey, and jericho in the EC they should rename the title the light heavyweight championship. i mean c'mon. its a brutal match and two of the most brutal brawlers on raw, Regal and Kane get pined by a couple of guys they have almost 100 pounds. i think this does nothing but hurt the EC's rep and it becomes just a gimmick match, not the next HIAC.

I was surprised to see Kofi win the qualifying match. But I'm pretty excited he did. I agree with everyone that this is to test him in the ME waters. Hopefully he does well and creative can trust him. Maybe we'll see Kofi as the MITB winner, if he shows creative they can trust him.

I think it's a great idea. Kofi is really over with the fans and he always puts on good matches. The chamber is a great way to give him a push without really having to put him over any of the top guys. He'll most likely do what RVD did in the first Elimination Chamber. He'll start the match, do some of his crazy moves, and get the crowd into the match early.

I would have to disagree with the majority that Kofi in the Elimination Chamber is a bad idea. Combined with Rey Mysterio and Chris Jericho, RAW's Elimination Chamber is shaping up to be a quick paced match and a showcase of high flyers. Plus, Kofi Kingston is over in the minds of many of the casual fans, why not test him in a match in the main event to see how the casual fans react? Some of the main event wrestlers on RAW and SmackDown were tested in the Elimination Chamber and became stars like Randy Orton and Batista...while others like Carlito and Chris Masters were in the Chamber without as much success...plus WWE seems to love shoving foreign wrestlers down the audience's throats recently with undeserved pushes (ie: Great Khali, Vladamir Kozlov). Personally, I like Kofi Kingston and can't wait to see how this plays out...

After he's put to the test in this match, i'd like to see him in an I.C. Title program with Punk, both as faces, both as friends, just to see what would happen...there's alot of talent between the two of them

I like having him in the Chamber. He has a very quick and exciting style which will work well a match like this. I can definitely see him hitting a couple big spots before getting eliminated.

The big thing that everyone who is upset is forgetting is that there is always one or two people that have no chance of winning in the elimination chamber. Consider them equal to 25 of the entrants into the Royal Rumble. They are in there to fill spots and say anyone can win, do a spot or two, then get eliminated. Lets take a look back:

2003 SummerSlam: Triple H, Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, and Randy Orton. Orton was just in there because he was in Evolution. I am not overly familiar with the WWE during this time, but I could tell just from his reaction and how they talked about him that he had no shot.

New Year's Revolution 2006: John Cena, Carlito, Chris Masters, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, and Kane. I understand that they were working as a upper tier tag team, but Carlito and Chris Masters had no shot at winning this. In a side note, this man from the year before, Edge, came in after the match and cashed in Money in the Bank.

December to Dismember 2006: Big Show, Rob Van Dam, Test, CM Punk, Bobby Lashley, and Hardcore Holly. CM Punk was still new at this point so he had no shot, and Hardcore Holly? Really WWE? That one I don't even need to explain.

No Way Out 2008: I won't name the participants from both Chamber matches, so I'll just list the no chancers. In the Raw chamber, you had JBL. I know he ended up main-eventing pay-per-views by the summer, but he was not at that level yet. As far as SmackDown goes, there was Big Daddy V. He always received pushes, but he was never at main-event level.

So, just because Kofi is in the Elimination Chamber, don't go thinking that he is going to win it. They are just giving a guy a chance at the main event in a pay-per-view. I, for one, am hoping it goes well and his push continues.

I have no doubts that Kofi is a talented athlete, but i feel he will be in as the spot monkey to see if he can handle MITB after it.

I also think there giving others a chance(reminds me of Carlito and Masters years ago) so please if there is a god, put Morrison in too.

I'm pretty excited to see how Kofi does in the chamber. He's a young athletic guy with a lot of talent. So hopefully he'll seize this opportunity and make himself look like a star. He'l probably be the first guy eliminated but that doesnt really matter because he isnt going to win the world title anyway. I'm hoping a pulls a Brian Kendrick and comes out and stuns the crowd with his athletic ability. This very well could be the match that makes Kofi a star!

I think this move shows how crappy raws main event scene in. Smackdown chamber may have the likes of hhh , both hardys , big show , taker , shelton and more. Raws doesnt look good at all.

Dont get me rong Kofis ok , but wow in the world title picture ? Am a guy who likes new talent pushed , but Kofis gimmick aint gawnae do much. Very shocked and would defo want to see Kane in it.

Anyone notice that it lookd like kane kickd out of the roll up ??? And remeber this same ref done ti to kane a couple weeks ago against Randy Orton im sure.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I didn't notice who the ref was last night. I hope they are going somewhere with this angle with Kane because they didn't even acknowledge that his shoulders NEVER touched the mat at any point during the pinfall.

I know this won't happen, but hopefully they kick Kofi out of the match next week because of the ref, then put Regal and Morrison in.

Kofi's a young athletic guy no doubt in that, but i think we all know he isnt ready for the chamber. It sorta shows how much talent raw is losing since they have to put veterans in the elimination chamber. I'm starting to think SmackDown! is way better than raw now. Anyways kofi is too much of a high flyer and like a acrobat the elimination chamber is meant for experienced wrestlers that can get extreme.

So i would say it isnt such a good idea.

The Elimination Chamber match is hardly the spectacle that it used to be. For the most part it has three, and at the upmost four wrestlers who actually have a chance of winning it, if any at all. It is a smart move to put Kofi in the match, he will not win it, that is for sure, but it will get him some big time exposure. If the WWE sees anything in Kingston, this is the chance they are giving him, similarly to Carlito's chance a few years ago.

Kofi in the Intercontinental Championship picture....Smart!
Kofi in the Tag Team Chamionship picture...Smart!
Kofi in the World Heavyweight Championship picture...Stupid!
Kofi in the Elimination Chamber...WTF!?!?!

and as always we are expected to believe that this immitation Jamaican can beat someone like Kane so easily..I mean c'mon creative! Either come up with more believable and less repetitive storylines, or just get rid of Kane altogether!! He's been reduced to being a literal stepping stool for anyone WWE wants to push and that just ain't right.

Don't get me wrong, Kofi is very talented and has lots of energy & charisma to get the crowds amp'd up but WWE needs to improve their booking. Plus, who in their right mind would actually think that Kingston has a chance to wlk out of the "most grueling structure ever created" and as champion?!?!?!

Kane doesn't mind putting people over. He never puts jobbers over, only people who really have potential. Now on to Kofi.

This is all a part of the grooming process. They are trying to see who is next in line to carry the torch for RAW. Kofi is one of the more over mid carders other than CM Punk so its only right to give him a try on the big stage and see how well he works with the top tier players. Why would you put Kane in the match? Kane has been in the WWE for 11 years, he doesn't need the title to be over, and he doesn't really need a main event push. He's already been in the EC so lets have new guys in there. Kofi is young, athletic, and is a breath of fresh air. Besides it is a 6 man match, why not have Kofi in there? It is time for the WWE to really evaluate their guys and see what they can do.

They haven't created a new main eventer in a few years other than Jeff Hardy. HHH, Undertaker, HBK, Kane, JBL, Jericho, Big Show, and Batista will leave a huge void when they leave. I am assuming all of them will be gone within 5 years as they are close to 40 or older . Who will that leave? 37 year old Cena, 39 year old Edge, 36 year old Hardy.

Putting Kofi Kingston in this match is a smart move by creative because it is a potential investment in the future. It gives Kofi credibility, and will also allow him to develop his character. Everyone who I speak to who is a wrestling fan and even the IWC says that they want fresh storylines and new faces chasing for the strap. Kofi is a new face and he is actually good in the ring, why the hell would you not give him a shot....hell its 5 slots open to challenge for the belt! Kofi has a good look and most importantly he is over with the children, which means he will be in the WWE for a long time. He will go back to chasing the IC title after this, but this is the first of many title matches for this kid. We'll be seeing him in MITB I'm sure.

First and foremost the elimination chamber rarely, if ever, contains 6 legitimate contenders. Raw's chamber last year was strong, but Smackdown's had Big Daddy V, Finlay, MVP and Khali, all of whom were very unlikely to win.

The good thing about Kofi being in the match, is that it frees up some more traditional main eventers to go fill out the rest of the card. We may now see CM Punk defend his Intercontinental Championship against Kane, and I think we will see Orton against Shane McMahon as opposed to seeing Finlay vs Mark Henry or something equally bad.

In addition, the EC match lends itself to some fairly innovative spots, and this is something that somebody like Kofi can exploit. Kofi is over with the fans, and this is his oppurtunity to shine. So, all in all, Kofi in the EC match is a good thing.

So, people complain when the WWE is too predictible. You're able to successfully predict what's going to happen before it does and it's seen as boring by some people based on this predictability. This leaves people begging for a suprise of some sort. The WWE finally delivers with a suprise and what do people do? They criticize it! It doesn't make sense to me. Why ask for something different, only to get it and complain about it? I don't know.

Putting Kofi Kingston in the elimination chamber is a smart move. Pushing young guys, like they've been doing as of late, will eventually pay off. Everybody who wants new people in the main event will get it. It's just not going to happen right away. I see this match sort of like a test run. It's pretty obvious he's not going to win the title, but if he performs well in the main event picture and the crowd reacts to him well, then he'll stay in the top. I'm very sure he won't win the chamber match but if he does well, I wouldn't be suprised to see him win the Money In The Bank match at WrestleMania. It's a test run, not the end of the world.

I'm liking this. Kofi has really grown on me, and the WWE is obviously big on the kid. But for goodness sakes people, just because Kofi won't win the EC and just because he probably won't be invovled in a World title match for the next two years doesn't mean the WWE is burying him or not pushing him.

He's a young kid, and people like him, but obviously anything main event level is beyond him at this point. This is a very safe way for the WWE to test and see what this kid is made of, especially being in there with the likes of Jericho, Cena, and Mysterio thus far. This is nothing more then an attempt to give Kofi a bigger push out of this match, but a big midcard push, nothing more, nothing less. The WWE is obviously high on the guy, and being in a match with legit main eventers is only going to help him grow. I stress though, don't look too much into it other then a learning experience.

and as always we are expected to believe that this immitation Jamaican can beat someone like Kane so easily..

So what, who hasn't beaten Kane? Kane was Rey Mysterio's bitch for months and he's even smaller than Kingston so I don't see the problem. I for one am very pleased with this move. While he'll probably be the first guy eliminated, he should be very exciting in this match and it's always nice to see the younger talent get a main event rub. Kofi's a solid performer, is way over, and, as others have stated, what's the harm in letting him in? Wouldn't it be cool if he did his little "boom boom" leg drop from the top of one of the chambers?

Who knows, maybe the WWE will swerve all of us and have Kofi actually win the belt. Then we'll get Kingston/Orton at 'Mania and the build up will be the wrestling equivelent of "Cool Runnings"

I think it's a good move. RAW needs more people in the main event scene, and pushing the younger guys is always a good idea. They've been trying to do it more and more, and it can only mean good things for the future. Fact of the matter is, Kofi's young, talented, charismatic, and connects with the crowd, so why not throw him in a main event position just to see how he does? Like everyone else has said, everyone knows he's not gonna win, and it's not like it's a one-on-one match where he's the number one contender. He's being placed in a main event position without all the focus being on him, so it can't hurt him or RAW.

And anyone who thinks it ruins Kane's rep is wrong, in my opinion. Kane will always be looked at as a monster because that's his gimmick. Kane's one of the few veterans smart enough to know that it won't be long before he hangs up the boots, and the new generation needs to be put over. I have nothing but respect for a veteran like Kane who would rather put young guys over and help elevate the younger talent for the future of the business, rather than cling to his spot and feel he's owed something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back