• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Owens is far and above the roster

Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Money for nothin, chicks for free
You can say.... " Ya, but he was fighting big match Cena , the real face of the company. "

It helps, for sure. But I don't care about that. Kevin Owens makes every other wrestler on the roster look silly in the ring. His move set is vast and for a guy 266 pounds and not a muscle to be seen, he's way better than guys in twice better shape. I mentally compared a guy with similar size and shape in Bray Wyatt and K.O obliterates Wyatt in the ring. Such an awesome wrestler.

Kevin Owens could make Hacksaw Jim Duggan look good in the ring. That's three match of the year candidate matches with John Cena and even if they let Super Cena win, he'll probably get the belt at Summerslam in another MOTY candidate match.

The - this is awesome - chants in all his matches are actually warranted. In the years coming he can polish his mic skills a little and his ring gear kind of sucks but it doesn't really matter. Once the bell rings, maybe Cesaro is somewhat close to his wrestling ability, but that's it. K.O is far and above everyone else.

Hard to argue with you. I am extremely impressed with every single one of his matches.

And he's not bad on the mic. Speaks the truth (love it or hate it) and there really is nobody I wouldn't want to see him feud with.

Bring on Rusev, Rollins, Lesnar, anyone...

I agree on the outlook of Owens. Hopefully Creative learns a lesson from the Bray Wyatt handling and slow things down with Owens so that there is no risk of peaking too soon.

But tonight he became just another guy on the roster. Where does he go from here? There's no where that will make any sense. I will admit that's the first time in a long time I've been interested in a Cena fued since CM Punk.

But tonight he became just another guy on the roster. Where does he go from here? There's no where that will make any sense. I will admit that's the first time in a long time I've been interested in a Cena fued since CM Punk.

I think he'll get the belt at Summerslam vs Cena or whoever. But they should really add Cesaro to the match to make it really good. IMO he should have won at Battleground to end this Cena feud but I guess not. More open U.S challenges await. If this really is the end of the feud for the title then SHAME on WWE for that one.

Right? I agree Jeff Deliverer of Mail. One thing I have noticed is they refer to the last 2 constantly being match of the year when their match at elimination chamber ran the longest and smoothest. But hey Cena didn't win that one so its not worthy. That's besides the point. If they go till summerslam then there has to be a night of champions match if Owens wins. That's too long of a fued. I agree cesaro has stepped his game up. I'm surprised tonight wasn't a triple threat. I'm not at all excited to see what happens next. He got pinned and submitted.

I was always high on Mr. Steen but after watching Him rise to prominence first in NXT now on the main roster it makes Me proud that WWE has seemingly forgotten the rules of the old guard and allow outstanding talent to preform to the best of their ability. Kevin is exactly where He belongs and I am praying that the WWE realize just what they have with a potential Mega Star, unique in-ring technician, underated creative Mic skills and an already developed Character in Owens. The main thing I love about Him is He knows who He is on the mic and in the ring, with that being said He needs to go over in this feud with John Cena. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching their epic feud play out but WWE is in desperate need to create the next crop of Superstars and although Cena's work has been nothing short of extraordinary letting Owens fail in His endeavor to un-seat Cena as The reigning US Champion will be a major step backwards and a huge blow to Owens main roster development. He had gone undefeated in NXT then accomplished the impossible and defeated the face of the company clean, He followed that up by showing up Cena by holding NXT open Championship matches further impressing the masses. Now He is slightly slipping IMO as He has lost His first televised match to Cena clean, his first NXT lost to Finn Bálor in a tag match , losing The NXT Championship in Japan, walking out on that incredible Triple threat match on RAW and now a second clean lost to Cena and to add insult to injury it was by submission. While all of His outings have been amazing the WWE has to understand that to raise His Star power to the maximum level ASAP He needs to WIN matches and more importantly vanquish his new rival for The Championship.

now all the people hate cena bcoz of his win at battleground. I think they set the stage for big stipulation match at summerslam and Owens wins clean and take the belt from cena.
before battleground I think cena wins the match bcoz Owens scheduled to fight Finn at takeover before Summerslam. so iwc wait till summerslam for Owens reign starts.

I'm not really sold on Kevin Owens just yet. One thing is his look/character. He doesn't really have the look of a champion. People can say that neither did Foley but Foley entertained people in the ring by putting his body on the line. Owens is so great in the ring that he dont have to resort to that. But Foley could entertain on the mic. Owens has yet to interest me on the mic. All Owens have did is cut promos saying things that have been said thousands of times before about Cena................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................With all that being said im going to contradict my self a little by saying that Owens is easily in my top 3 favorite active wrestlers in the wwe. I just fear that his lack of a character and mic skills may hold him back from accomplishing what he should.

He was fighting big match Cena, the real face of the company.

This thread should be called "John Cena is far and above the rest of the roster." Cena and Owens have had three matches now, three match of the year candidates. Plus Cena has had two great matches with Cesaro on back-to-back RAWs recently, not to mention the other great matches he's had week-in week-out with the US Open Challenge. Not to mention the countless epic main events he has delivered over the years, putting CM Punk on the map with a legit 5-star classic in 2011, having a dream match with the Rock at Mania 28 that lived up to the hype, getting great matches out of the likes of Umaga and the Great Khali, the TLC match with Edge in Toronto, the Iron Man match with Randy Orton, wrestling Shawn Michaels in a classic at WrestleMania, then again in an hour long RAW match, the list really goes on and on and on and on.

I'm not taking anything away from Kevin Owens. He's been awesome since coming to WWE and he more than carried his weight in those matches with Cena. But Cena's work ethic, ability to deliver quality matches, generate reactions from fans, and most importantly his aura as the THE MAN in WWE, have made him the MVP of the company. At this point he is capable of making anybody with any kind of talent into a huge star. Every great character needs a foil, and John Cena has been the perfect foil for Kevin Owens in the same way he was the perfect foil to CM Punk. Cena's mystique of being the guy that never gives up and always wins the big match is something that has been protected through the years and it pays off because not only does it make him a huge draw, it gives him the power to really put guys over when it counts. In a lot of ways John Cena is the modern day Ric Flair, and this US Open Challenge is just the latest example.

Why does everyone think there will be another match at SS? Much more likely will be Super Cena vs Rollins for he went over clean over Owens in their rubber match. We'll then get a match at WM with Cena vs Hogan.

This topic touches a few recent posts. Again, I think this is one time they've booked things correctly. I don't think they counted on having this particular group of Rusev, Owens and Cesaro (he wouldn't even be in this most likely if Kidd doesn't get hurt) putting on a bunch of entertaining matches for the US title. Even if they also thought that Owens is "far and above..." there is no need to hurry and put the belt on him or get into a hot potato situation with it.

It's also a situation where having a prolonged feud is ok. By having Owens interject himself when Cena faces these other guys, they've organically grown this so that you have all 4 of these men logically involved. I think SummerSlam is either going to be a triple threat or a fatal four-way and that's ok. Who thought we'd be excited for that type of match just for the US belt??

I'm entertained by this storyline far more than I am about the predictable WWE title program with Rollins. Owens will be the eventual winner of this I think when its finally over. Why rush to end something good? If he beat Cena now and again at SummerSlam, what would be next for Owens? As a heel, he would have already beaten the number 1 face, so feuds with any other faces would be anticlimactic. And WWE doesn't do heel vs heel or heel vs tweener, so Owens would be stuck in a holding pattern because they wouldn't put him directly up against Rollins from there.

Lesnar is feuding with Taker that means Rollins doesn't have a feud now, why not Owens or Cesaro feud with him , this would only workout if Owens or Cesaro beat Rollins for the title.

I agree. I think Owens is great.

I wonder though, if there would be the same love for Owens if he hadn't wrestled indies and NXT first.

There seems to be a thought that anyone from NXT is great, but anyone in WWE who never went through NXT sucks. That is why people who normally say that Divas suck go stiff for Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks, and also marked for Paige, because she wrestled in NXT first.

I agree. I think Owens is great.

I wonder though, if there would be the same love for Owens if he hadn't wrestled indies and NXT first.

There seems to be a thought that anyone from NXT is great, but anyone in WWE who never went through NXT sucks. That is why people who normally say that Divas suck go stiff for Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks, and also marked for Paige, because she wrestled in NXT first.

No that's a total load of bullshit. Owens, Charlotte, Banks and the rest are great not because of NXT, but because they work their asses off in the ring and it shows. Does the experience they have gained whether it be in NXT or God forbid the indies help. Sure it does, and shouldn't be taken away from them. That's just plain pettiness talking.

On topic, Owens is fantastic and I can't wait for him to remove the title from Cena at Summerslam. If he doesn't then there is a problem. Right now Owens is not only battling Cena, he's battling Rollins for the number one heel on the roster.

He has a moveset that is second to none, and for a guy of his shape does things you wouldn't think possible. He puts me in mind of Luke Harper a lot. There are big things in Owens future and I can't wait to see it. When he wins the world title down the road, it will be special.

If he doesn't get a rematch at SummerSlam and actually beats Cena completely and utterly CLEAN, this has all been in complete vain. I kinda hate that they already made him tap. Fight Owens Fight my ass.
Besides their matches being brilliant, what entertains me a lot is when Cena, the face of the company, goes and airs his frustrations to the referee. Just something about Cena doing that that makes it cool for some reason.

So here's hoping for a 30 min classic at SummerSlam that ends with Owens on top and actually creating a new star in the process. Also, anybody know where Ambrose is?

To say Owens is the very best on the roster is a stretch. While he is very good, he has only had one feud thus far which has been with the true best. Having a good match with Cena is almost a given and you are guaranteed the fans will be into it. Sure, he has had good matches with Zayn, Balor and Cesaro but nothing that suggests he is the best.

More needs to be seen of him to develop a true opinion. Someone like Neville has had great matches with literally everyone he has wrestled and that is a far longer list than Owens. I do, however, love Owens' promos. I still prefer Cena, Heyman and Wyatt but Owens is near that list. He has his character nailed and is yet to fail in entertaining me.

now all the people hate cena bcoz of his win at battleground.

Those people hated Cena, anyway. Nothing that happened last night was going to change that, unless Cena becomes a jobber who loses every match he's in to act as a 'talent enhancer' for rising stars. Of course, these good folks forget that if the enhancer loses all the time, his ability to advance others is negated.

Still, I can't deny what three battles with Cena has done for Kevin Owens. The guy knows how to brawl, but like everyone else, he needs a suitable opponent to do his best work. As we know, the guy across the ring from Owens isn't really his enemy.....he's Kevin's partner.

Frankly, although I enjoyed Owens' match with Finn Balor in Japan, I don't think that contest was in the same ballpark as any of the three matches with Cena, and before we anoint Kevin as 'far and above the roster,' we first need to see him against many other opponents.

If he can look as good against other midcarders as he did against Cena, then.....DING! DING! DING!.......we've got a winner.

Personally, I'm rooting for Owens, even with that horrible body, ogre face and fat man's ring gear.

Kevin Owens has been one of the best wrestlers in the world for years now. Even as Kevin Steen he was considered one of the best ring-workers in the entire pro-wrestling industry. Is he "far and above" the rest of the roster? In terms of in-ring ability, he's undoubtedly one of the best in the company. In terms of the "whole package" though, he's still getting there... with some polish he'll be a top player for years to come. I look at him the same way I look at somebody like Rusev... a great talent that will one day make a big mark in the WWE.

Let's not jump the gun after 6-7 matches on the main roster...

There are a lot of good/great hands in the ring in WWE and the world of wrestling right now.
If you gave a lot of guys the opportunity KO has gotten, they would also have pulled that off.

I like Owens, always have. His feud with Zayn in the indies was amazing.
But his style relies on the same elements, and if you take them away, then it's not bad matches but others can exceed. If you take away finisher/kickout/big move/kickout, and just make him work, he still is really good. Crowd work is amazing. And it's a lot of fun to hate a guy who wrestlers in a t shirt and gym shorts.

But I dunno. This feud really made me a bigger fan of Cesaro and Cena. KO held up his part, but I still think Cesaro/Cena had the 2 best matches of the past 4 months on North America Television.

To be honest I was shambled to see him getting defeated by Cena once again. I was gutted about the way how he has been booked to lose against John Cena and not to say the least for the United States Championship.

But if you scrutinise it properly you'll find the obvious reason why he lost to Cena. Its just to continue their feud. It may seem like a rubber but their promos or matches doesn't sound the same. Possibly this can be John Cena's feud of his career.

And another important reason why Kevin Owens lost to Cena is that, there isn't any other Wrestler in the current roster with the Calibre to lock horns with Kevin in the ring, on the mic or anywhere else. But like every others I'm waiting to see Kevin dethrones Cena as the US. Champion.

Cheers!!

i agree he's a good wrestler but a good wrestler doesnt make you a champ you need to be able to entertain with a promo and draw people into a match he doesnt do that for me he is quite boring and has one tone voice he cant express emotion. He is lucky that he is triple h pet project as he does not deserve the kind of push he is getting of all the people to face cena they have never been made to look this strong

Those people hated Cena, anyway. Nothing that happened last night was going to change that, unless Cena becomes a jobber who loses every match he's in to act as a 'talent enhancer' for rising stars. Of course, these good folks forget that if the enhancer loses all the time, his ability to advance others is negated.

Still, I can't deny what three battles with Cena has done for Kevin Owens. The guy knows how to brawl, but like everyone else, he needs a suitable opponent to do his best work. As we know, the guy across the ring from Owens isn't really his enemy.....he's Kevin's partner.

Frankly, although I enjoyed Owens' match with Finn Balor in Japan, I don't think that contest was in the same ballpark as any of the three matches with Cena, and before we anoint Kevin as 'far and above the roster,' we first need to see him against many other opponents.

If he can look as good against other midcarders as he did against Cena, then.....DING! DING! DING!.......we've got a winner.

Personally, I'm rooting for Owens, even with that horrible body, ogre face and fat man's ring gear.

I agree with everything here. Kevin's matches with Cena were much better than the one with Balor, and whether people want to believe it or not, having his FIRST feud in WWE be with Cena is going to help him.

The point I want to add is that, quite frankly, they did the right thing by having Cena win. I know people will hate Cena no matter what but they can continue to build the US title and continue with the open challenges and the awesome matches that Cena has been having with people.

As for Owens tapping, I don't really care about that. HHH and HBK, much bigger stars have tapped to Cena too. I don't think it kills Owens at all. The problem that Cena opponents have had coming off of Cena feuds is the lack of WWE's ability to capitalize. They let the opponents fade away for too long or not pick next suitable feuds. I agree that Kevin's abilities are better than most in the WWE already but it needs to be capitalized on.

That said, a fatal 4 way with Cesaro, Owens, Rusev, and Cena might be gold for Summerslam.

I can see a KO vs Cena vs Cesaro triple threat at Summerslam with Owens pinning Cesaro.
But otherwise I think this feud should end. Move on to others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back