Kevin Owens on the Main Roster

WimpyKid4Life

Occasional Pre-Show
Kevin Owens had one of the most iconic debuts in WWE History. Blood was shed, the powerbomb heard around the NXT Universe, and a message was sent! How can Kevin Owens make a similar impact when he debuts in the Main Roster? Here's how:

He takes out Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins, two of his former wrestling co-workers who were called up before him. Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins are MEGA-Superstars and Kevin Owens would benefit from targeting our bearded hero and the architect. The story is there and I know for a fact the matches would blow the roof off! Seth Rollins lays out an open challenge on Raw and out comes Kevin Owens. They wrestle each other in a competitive match that lasts for at least 15 minutes. It ends with Kevin Owens pinning Seth Rollins after dodging the curb stomp with a powerbomb. The WWE Universe cheers as he fought to the end to beat one of the biggest bad guys around. People assume he's going to be the good guy! Later on, after Daniel Bryan wins a match, Kevin Owens powerbombs him on the apron. They could bring up Daniel Bryan's neck injury and have the announcers say about how Kevin Owens wants to get rid of Daniel Bryan so he can take his spot. They have a feud that last for 3 months and major PPV matches. It would be GOLD.

That's how you make an impact on the Main Roster! Kevin Owens is a BEAST and he's changed the NXT landscape in less than two months. He's got all the tools to become a powerhouse on Raw and Smackdown. FIGHT OWENS FIGHT! FIGHT OWENS FIGHT! FIGHT OWENS FIGHT!!!

images

Chances are he will end up with a stuttering gimmick. Or maybe he will be WWE's next pirate. They stuck his trainer with that gimmick. Maybe Vince will think it's a good fit on Steen too.

I like the idea, but I think you should have given a time-frame as to WHEN you would like this to happen. In 5 months? A year? With your scenario, it seems that Rollins must be heel, and it has to be recent enough for Bryan's neck injury to be relevant in my opinion. The story scenario is really cool though. Like you said, Owens had one hell of a debut, I absolutely loved it. Thing is though, he needs to commit at least 3/4 of a year in NXT first. He can't get called up before Neville OR Zayn. Balor and Itami will probably be moving up after Owens.

On a side note, it's pretty awesome to see how close we are to seeing a whole roster flip! Can't wait till Owens, Zayn, Balor and Itami are on RAW and SD!. It will be like ROH but on a bigger platform.

if they want Owens as a heel, the BEST way to debut him is to have him attack a hugely over face. i like Rollins' heel work, so don't attack him (if you want him as a heel). i love the idea of him attacking Bryan. it would earn instant boos and the matches would be fun to see. Owens on the main roster hopefully happens soon.

WWE shouldn't even think about bringing Kevin Owens up to the main roster until the night after WrestleMania 32 at the earliest. The roster is way too crowded as it. And they need to handle the debuts of NXT guys much more carefully than they have been. Look at the Ascension. They come out to ZERO reaction, because nobody knows who they are. In the eyes of the audience, they're just two random nobodies, dominating other random nobodies, and then beating the New Age Outlaws for no reason. Kevin Owens debuting in the manner you described would be met with the same reaction. A random nobody, somehow showing up and annihilating a top star like Daniel Bryan? It's been done a billion times and it NEVER works in the long run. Have Owens debut, wrestle lower-card guys, and win the majority (but NOT all) of those matches, for a couple of months. Build him slow and steady. THAT'S the way to make him a top star that will last, not a short-term fix.

WWE shouldn't even think about bringing Kevin Owens up to the main roster until the night after WrestleMania 32 at the earliest. The roster is way too crowded as it. And they need to handle the debuts of NXT guys much more carefully than they have been. Look at the Ascension. They come out to ZERO reaction, because nobody knows who they are. In the eyes of the audience, they're just two random nobodies, dominating other random nobodies, and then beating the New Age Outlaws for no reason. Kevin Owens debuting in the manner you described would be met with the same reaction. A random nobody, somehow showing up and annihilating a top star like Daniel Bryan? It's been done a billion times and it NEVER works in the long run. Have Owens debut, wrestle lower-card guys, and win the majority (but NOT all) of those matches, for a couple of months. Build him slow and steady. THAT'S the way to make him a top star that will last, not a short-term fix.

Do you really know what you're talking about sometimes? You've admitted that you WOULD NEVER watch NXT so do you even know who Kevin Owens is? Cause if you did, you would know that he's unlike most of the other wrestlers on the roster. He's kind of pudgy, not great looking, but one hell of an in ring talent, and a monster heel.

He's sort of the anti-Daniel Bryan.

What's this shit about NXT guys not doing well? The Shield, Rusev, Wyatts and Paige say Hi! Yea none of them have done nothing since they debuted.

Have there been failure's of course and that will always happen. Not everything will translate well. What works in NXT sometimes doesn't work on the main roster.

I would not have Kevin Owens debut randomly in an open challenge match. The guy needs proper hype.

The way I would build him up is the same way they did it for NXT. If you want him to keep the same he has in NXT then the promos are a perfect way to build him up.

A few weeks or a month of promo videos of him talking about who he is, why he fights, is he a good guy or a bad guy, his past and so on. Make the people want to connect with him. Make him personal.

Then after Seth Rollins wins a big match or something (not WWE Championship big) he comes out and beats the hell out of Rollins. He says for the past year Rollins has had tight connections with the Authority yet he never even recommended they bring him to the WWE. He further goes on to say while Rollins was banking it and getting engaged and being the future, Owens was trying to scrap together enough money to keep his family alive.

They have a couple of matches where Owens dominates Rollins even after interference of the Authority and J&J Security.

His next target should be either Daniel Bryan or Roman Reigns. The primary motive behind the attacks being the be the best and on top of the mountain you have to push the guys off of the mountain and claim it for yourself or something to that effect.

Generally I don't like when guys debut in the main event scenario because of the probabilities of them failing (Tensai, Fandango, Big E.) but this dude -- sorry this beast is an exception I feel is a must.

Owens would have to be built up a bit prior to his roster debut similar to what we saw in NXT. However, the production values would have to be bigger, as would the general hype of Owens so that Owens fans in WWE would know he's coming and word could spread about what he brings to the table. If they wanted to get him over as a heel, have him attack Daniel Bryan and do so savagely. If they want him as a babyface, have him come to Bryan's aid while still unleashing that savage aspect of his character on the heels attacking Bryan. Or, if you wanna pull a great swerve, do what they did in NXT and just substitute Bryan for Sami Zayn.

It's become sort of hit & miss when it comes to NXT talents debuting on the main roster because Vince likes to tinker with winning formulas that Triple H has used in NXT. I honestly believe that Vince sees NXT as being just an inferior brand altogether for the simple reason that it's the "developmental territory." Now, it's true that not everything that works in NXT would work for the main roster. that's just simply how it is, however Vince's approach with the past few to debut on the main roster have been hot or cold.

When Paige first showed up the night after WrestleMania, people were ecstatic because they thought they were gonna get the anti-Diva, but Vince didn't wanna go that direction. Instead, he ultimately cast her as the young, sort of star struck rookie despite the fact that she's been wrestling since before she was old enough to sprout tits. Then, he went the route of making her like most every other Diva on the roster, just with a different look but with the same sort of "girlie" attitude. Vince took The Ascension and tweaked them just enough to come across like a poor man's version of the Road Warriors. Like Paige, The Ascension didn't really need to be tweaked, but Vince did so any way because HE thought it should happen.

Kevin Owens is a strong talent, that's never been denied, but Vince McMahon hasn't gotten his hands on him yet. Owens already has a few things going against him in Vince's eyes in that he's not particularly tall, he's a little on the pudgy side and doesn't have classic good looks. The thing about Owens is that he's a brawler, so why the hell would a badass street brawler need to be "handsome?" Why would he need to have a great physique? But, he doesn't fit Vince's cosmetic requirements, which means his future in WWE is basically 50/50 at this point.

Owens will be in developmental for at least a year, so I wouldn't spend too much time hypothesizing about his main roster debut yet. I think there's a good chance that Sami losses the belt to him at the next Takeover, feuds with him for a few more weeks and gets called up around WM. Neville's call up will probably happen whenever there's a spot for him. Owens is going to be the lead heel in NXT for a while, especially knowing HHH's totally bi-polar feelings about physiques (Ex: Bray Wyatt=ok Kashius Ohno=fired) Its been reported that he wants Kevin to lose more weight, so I imagine that will have to happen before he will ever get called up.

No. Let him work his way up the card like everyone else. Bringing him in to beat or beat up two of your top stars off the bat is like betting $1,000 with horrible odds to win back $100. I don't care if Steen was an Indy legend for a year and he is tearing it up in NXT's high school gymnasium. You don't degrade your established talent for a chance that basically a rookie will hit.

The only exception would be if the established talent was leaving for a while (eg. Injury, rest).

Kevin can get himself over same way he's been doing. He's got the brawl-heavy style WWE prefers, cuts a good promo and has a good track record of selling merch. As long as he doesn't get saddled with a shitty gimmick, he can easily succeed. There are a lot of his peers and a lot of veterans and hall of famers who have given him praise, especially recently, and that should work to his benefit.

I honestly think they should make him into a comedy character. He could be one of those clumsy oaf types that walks into walls and falls off things?

Failing that they could give him a Russian accent and he could team up with Rusev. Before they fall out and he eventually goes down the comedy route of falling off things etc.

WWE is really lacking in comedy characters at the moment since Santino went and the Bunny got cut.

I honesty think we might seen Owens sooner rather than later. I mean in the next few months. Sure I don't have the inside scoop but everything about him thus far suggests the WWE (or HHH at least) has huge plans for him.

He already has a title match. If he wins then there is nothing for him left to do in NXT. In terms of his character, why the hell would he stick around? He's better than everyone so move onto the main roster to increase his chances of stardom.

Owens has the potential to be a great heel. Sure the WWE have Brock, Rollins, Wyatt and Rusev but you can never have too many. I'd love to think he could be up in time for Mania (they could easily make it work) but even the night after WM could suit him too. This guy is just so good and the potential feuds are so incredible that I want to see him on the roster as soon as possible.

I mean Bryan v Owens at Mania? That would work and establish Owens as a killer heel. Owens v Reigns after WM31? Who else can Roman face plus the inevitable crowd reaction on the Raw post-Mania would give him instant credibility. Moreover, he would be a unique opponent for Reigns even if he doesn't win. Of course, they could do the traditional way of building him up and waiting for the right moment but that is rather boring.

The WWE probably want him to lose weight. He probably needs to learn a few things too but Owens can make a big impact on the main roster. A bit like Rusev, I feel he is going to outgrow NXT; whereas it is beneficial for others to go through that system.

I never really knew who he was until seeing him on NXT, but looked at some of his stuff, and clearly became a fan. Not sure what the need is for him to lose weight would be, as he is already in much better shape than Wyatt, who is in the upper tier on the main roster, but it is what it is.

As much as I would like to see him moved up, I think they should take their time. Neville and Zayn will likely be coming up very soon. The Ascension just came up as well. They can't have too many of the NXT group come up or they will get lost in the shuffle. Have him be the one to take the belt of Zayn and then let him dominate NXT for at least 6 months. This will hopefully allow Zayn and Neville to establish themselves on the main roster and then you have Owens move up and target them before moving on to any of the more veteran talent. It would also allow him to become more accustomed to the WWE style (hopefully without changing too much).

I would prefer Kevin Owens to Bray or the Ascension or just about anyone on the undercard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back