• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Nash's Future Role Within TNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageTaker

Everybody Has A Price!
It is no secret that Kevin Nash recently turned 50 years old and he might be contemplating retirement. He has had numerous surgeries throughout the years and he might not be able to wrestle much longer. This leads me to ask the question, once Kevin Nash retires from in-ring competition and let’s say he decided to stay in TNA, What role do you see him assuming? Will he decide to stay as on-air talent? Or Will he move on to a behind the scenes role?

I think the best thing Nash could do is move on to a behind the scenes role. It’s not that I don’t want to see him on TV; it’s just that I think he could do a marvelous job if he was to become an agent or a consultant. There is no doubt that Big Sexy is a veteran in wrestling and he could tremendously help out the younger talent that TNA has.

Theirs is no questioning the fact that he is a great speaker on the mic and possibly one of the best TNA currently has. They would be wise to take advantage of his skills to help out the younger talent. He isn’t only limited to helping the younger wrestlers in the locker room, but he could help anyone with just about anything they need help with. He can give pointers to wrestlers about what they should do during their promos and how they should deliver the promos.

Nash can not only help wrestlers with their promos, but he can also help them with character development. Big Sexy has had his fair share of bad gimmicks throughout the years and I think that he has learned enough about character development to be able to help someone out with their characters.

So overall, I could see TNA’s product vastly improve if they were wise and kept Kevin Nash. He would be perfect for a role behind the scenes such as an agent or consultant.

What do you guys see Kevin Nash’s future within TNA is if he decides to stay once he hangs up his boots?

Well he's had a role like that in the company for years. He scouted talent for TNA at one point. I believe he was the one that scouted Samoa Joe and brought him to TNA. He's also worked and helped X-division guys on camera and off camera such as Sonjay, Jay Lethal, Johnny Devine, Austin Aries, and both of the Gunz. In fact, he was managing the Gunz for a short while in TNA and said he'd love to manage Alex Shelley in the future. The only reason Nash is wrestling is because TNA wants him to wrestle because his status in the business makes him a great addition to the MEM and to the storyline. Before the MEM, Nash's on air role was reduced to comedy relief, so I can see him going back to that role when MEM is said and done and also continuing to help out guys behind the scenes.

A few months ago,the main event mafia took over TNA.They took over backstage,in the ring,everywhere.The place that really stood out for me,however,was the announcer table.We were treated to some of the best announcing in a good while,hanks mainly to Chet Lemon.

Now I was a fan of this "Chet",who turned out to be none other than the grey giant that is Kevin Nash.Now I was very satisfied with his commentary skills,a huge improvement from Mike "Oh that's just sickening" Tenay and Don "That was feeakin insane" West.I was happy that I wasn't forced to enjoy,sorry endure,Don West's shrill,raspy voice while having an aneurism simultaneously.Nash was very calm,collected,a joy for my ears.He seemed comfortable with the headset,while West always seems as if he doesn't know what he's doing..Now we all know Nash's best attribute,other than his size,is his mic skills.And boy did he show them.So I ask TNA this,why don't they stick him behind the table and let him entertain us,instead of torture us.

We can all see Nash in the ring.It's not a pretty sight.He can barely walk,and when he does it's cringeworthy,he relies on punching,knees to the gut and his jacknife.The only reason he's still putting on matches is because he's constantly being paired with the best in-ring worker there is,AJ Styles.AJ can draw a match out of anyone (see Shane Douglas).It wasn't good by any shot.But it wasn't bad enough to make me shoot myself.But it wasn't far from it.

Nash has been operated on multiple times,he even says he's been operated on around 20 times.I say we put him out of his misery.Pull the old dog behind the shed and put him down.But not before he puts over some of the young talent first.It's all he's really good for in the ring.

In conclusion,I hope Nash retires soon,puts over the future stars and then joins the announcers table.He should still work behind the scenes,coaching wrestlers in stick work.That is how TNA can use Nash the best.

I'd say a job in the back wouldn't be bad. Kevin Nash is a huge name and no matter what I think he would get a shitload of attention and TV time if he stays. Not that I'm not a fan, but I think TNA needs to worry more about there current young guys like AJ, Daniels, The Guns, etc, rather than worrying about Nash and Sting who are gonna retire soon anyways. Plus as you said ST Nash is a big name and could help out a lot of the young guys.

I remember reading an interview with Scott Hall talking about Kevin Nash. He said that one of the main things that has worn Nash down was that he was so big. His feet still stick off of a king size bed. The world is not built for big men so he will probably want to stay off the road. That means being a road agent seems unlkely.

Mike Tenay is a legend behind the mic. He is going to stay there as long as he wants. Don West has shown an improvement sence his heel turn. I crack up when he talks about Daffney reminding him of one of his ex-wives. More importantly the powers that be love Don West. He too will stay on commentary as long as he wants. You could say that they could have three on commentary but if so that spot will be filled by Taz. There just is no room at the desk for Nash until TNA has a second show.

The answer seems that he could be a great manager. Not much travel needed. He is good on the mic. The question is "will TNA want to pay him what he thinks he deserves to manage another wrestler?"

Nash's best bet is to take some sort of position behind the scenes. It's doubtful that he's going to take either Don West or Mike Tenay's position, even though I honestly think he's better at their jobs than they are.

What I hope they don't do is have him occassionally come out of retirment to face some "young punk" looking to make a name for himself. A young guy that disrespects him, maybe slaps him in the face and all that stuff. Basically, the same shit the WWE has been doing with Jerry Lawler off and on for the past 15 years. To be perfectly honest, I'm rather tired of seeing Nash. Forget the nostalgia factor and all the "great moments", the simple truth is the guy really isn't a viable in-ring performer anymore. His body, with his knees in particular, has given out and it shows by the way he moves. To me, his matches have been unbearable to watch, although I was never a huge fan of him in the ring to begin with, but his matches are considerably sub-par to what he was doing 12 or so years ago.

Yeah I agree, his commentary skills are really goood - if you ever watch any shoot interveiws with him and Scott Hall in them, you can tell they both, especially Nash, have "great minds" for the business - or at least sound like they do - which would translate very well into commentary. He's still entertaining o nthe mic and very natural as well. If not that, some kind of road agent or something - but thb, if he goes into any of those kinds of roles, I would prefer to see him in the WWE - which, with HHH being high up, shouldn't be a problem - as the only reason no one wants so see Nash in the WWE atm is because his wrestling sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back