KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Would it have been better if the WWE used the first elimination chamber match to crown the new World Heavyweight Champ instead of just handing the title over to Triple H?

I'm sure it was the combined effort of a lot of guys. Pat Patterson likely had something to do with it. I don't remember Bischoff having any creative power at that point.

Always found it weird that in the middle of the attitude era when ratings were at an all time high USA lost Raw. Was it that the cost of fhe show was too much for USA, or TNN gave WWE an offer they couldn't refuse? Or was there something else behind the switch?

Always found it weird that in the middle of the attitude era when ratings were at an all time high USA lost Raw. Was it that the cost of fhe show was too much for USA, or TNN gave WWE an offer they couldn't refuse? Or was there something else behind the switch?

From what I've read, the McMahons wanted a stake in USA (both for security, and for the Universal ties), and when USA wouldn't budge, WWE balked.

Cornette from his house.

Speaking of Cornette, why did he part ways with WWE? Given his knowledge of the sport, I wondered if it wasn't similar to what led to the split with Paul Heyman in past associations with the company: he couldn't help mouthing off about how the company was spiting themselves by not turning more of the creative process over to him.

Do you think Cornette got too big for his britches? Do you think the rift cost the company a fine wrestling mind and marketable TV presence?

Cornette slapped Santino in OVW. He was a bit of a Kaiser that one in developmental from what I've read.

Also, is Luther Lindsay the only guy to have conquered Stu and the Dungeon?

Is it possible to get a main event push without it involving a World Title?

And if so, who would you like to see getting that push?

Yeah. Rock did it last year.

Sheamus.

Speaking of Cornette, why did he part ways with WWE? Given his knowledge of the sport, I wondered if it wasn't similar to what led to the split with Paul Heyman in past associations with the company: he couldn't help mouthing off about how the company was spiting themselves by not turning more of the creative process over to him.

Do you think Cornette got too big for his britches? Do you think the rift cost the company a fine wrestling mind and marketable TV presence?

He was a nutcase. Cornette couldn't control his temper and would explode at any given time. WWE got tired of it.

Yeah he did. He's a wrestling genius the likes of which the world has rarely seen, but he's stuck in the 80s and can't accept that wrestling has evolved.

Cornette slapped Santino in OVW. He was a bit of a Kaiser that one in developmental from what I've read.

Also, is Luther Lindsay the only guy to have conquered Stu and the Dungeon?

For the most part. I have however heard stories of a behind closed doors fight between Stu and Verne Gagne which went to a draw.

Was Thesz scared of Gagne? I have heard that he never wanted the rubber match. Or the NWA didn't.

I can't stop gushing over Cesaro. Is there a prettier move than a Fall Away Slam into a bridge pin?

Potentially, how good could SummerSlam be this year?

I'm currently watching the 2010 Money in the Bank PPV and one thing in particular stands out to me; Matt Striker was an awful commentator. Just how bad was Striker in your opinion?

I can't stop gushing over Cesaro. Is there a prettier move than a Fall Away Slam into a bridge pin?

Alicia Fox has a GORGEOUS northern lights suplex with a bridge.

Potentially, how good could SummerSlam be this year?

I'm currently watching the 2010 Money in the Bank PPV and one thing in particular stands out to me; Matt Striker was an awful commentator. Just how bad was Striker in your opinion?

It could be excellent if the card is right.

He drove me CRAZY with those way too long nicknames and ridiculous references that only a handful of people are going to get. he's still not as annoying as Joey Styles.

He drove me CRAZY with those way too long nicknames and ridiculous references that only a handful of people are going to get. he's still not as annoying as Joey Styles.

Striker marking out at the Rumble is still one of my favourite moments though. Probably not the best thing to do while you're working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back