KB Answers Wrestling Questions

At the beginning of the year he was on fire and had people actually caring about the US Title.

Then he was fed to Kane to fuel a filler feud with Cena. You know, because NO ONE but the US Champion could fill that role.

Yes, but he's also bad in the ring and has nothing going for him on the mic beyond three catchprases, and once he had the title he had nowhere to go but down. His material was entirely based on the fact that he had nothing. With the US title, he didn't have that material to bitch about to hide the fact that he's got no charisma, talent or personality. He was fucked, the Eve/Kane/Cena stuff just sped up the process.

Go back and watch the Raw when CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Ryder all celebrate being champions in the ring and tell me he'd have been able to continue his momentum without the Cena/Kane shit. The first two cut promos about what they did. Ryder spewed his catchphrases. The guy's got nothing going for him except a soon to be ended web series where he was carried by his more charismatic friends and family members.

Yet people cheered for him and on the strength of said web series, he became US Champion when it looked like he was going to be one of the released guys. That's not bad.

My biggest problem with Ryder was that WWE didn't milk the guy for all he was worth while they could, they just threw him into the garbage right when they put him on the frying pan, didn't even bother to see how fast he'd spoil.

There are too many to list. The main ones would be Santana and Muraco, who were both REALLY good but people don't remember much of them today. Pat PAtterson could flat out go in the ring but he's most famous for being an agent. A lot of the names in there are guys that are famous enough but get the recognition they deserve.

One common talking point in all of these Attitude Era vs. PG discussions is blood.

I think the amount of AE blood gets blown out of proportion. How many times a year would you estimate they used blood during th AE? I remember a couple Austin matches, First Blood matches and Rock/Foley "I Quit" but I don't remember that much blood.

It existed but I think it's more about the fact that it could have happened back then as opposed to it never happening today. Also the black and white stuff on WWE DVDs is ridiculously annoying.

Has there ever been an indy wrestler that came to WWE that you didn't think was over rated?

Who was someone you didn't think would become a huge deal but ended up becoming so?

Punk. He showed up on ECW and instantly acted like a star.

Alberto Del Rio. I remember BEGGING for him to debut already so he could get released. Two world titles later would suggest.....that I was absolutely right when I said he looked like the most boring character I had ever seen but that's beside the point.

TNA's seating chart for the Alamodome:

46582s.

Is that a giant waste of money or is it just me?

Why the hell would you pay the money it costs to rent a humongous arena yet only use 1/8th of the building? I was really excited to see TNA in a stadium (something they need to do a ton more often), but seeing the seating chart I just don't give a shit anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back