• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Well for one thing he's taken a step away from the main event scene now and he's talking about his legacy instead of being the top dog. He's been having matches that define his legacy more than just going through the mill with Orton, Punk and Edge. It's more about the big picture than what' going on right now.

Well for one thing he's taken a step away from the main event scene now and he's talking about his legacy instead of being the top dog. He's been having matches that define his legacy more than just going through the mill with Orton, Punk and Edge. It's more about the big picture than what' going on right now.

That's not a change in character, but rather a change in position on the card.

His promos are still largely the same.

I just don't see the change you're seeing.

BSE bro you need to check out my thread.. Slyfox is literally being so ignorant and all the Cena apologists are blindly agreeing with him.. I need a logical person to back me up. All he seems to do is call me an idiot without backing it up with logical statements or facts. If you watch the Walking Dead, he claims that characters like Daryl or Glenn never received character development, yet Cena soehow did. Like thats doouble standards at its finest.. Please knock some sense into this guy

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=5268849&highlight=#post5268849

I could be reaching here, but I noticed that in the SmackDown 8-Man Tag ME, during the final parade of finishers, they didn't allow Bray to hit the Sister Abigail on Randy Orton... it could be to protect Randy, but maybe just maybe, there is a feud between the 2 coming up soon enough?
Orton vs Wyatt is a feud that I have been interested in for a while, tho I feel WWE will ruin it within a couple of weeks somehow as they've been doing with Wyatt for a while now...

BSE bro you need to check out my thread.. Slyfox is literally being so ignorant and all the Cena apologists are blindly agreeing with him.. I need a logical person to back me up. All he seems to do is call me an idiot without backing it up with logical statements or facts. If you watch the Walking Dead, he claims that characters like Daryl or Glenn never received character development, yet Cena soehow did. Like thats doouble standards at its finest.. Please knock some sense into this guy

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=5268849&highlight=#post5268849

I've tried before. There's no point. Some posters on this site will defend John Cena no matter what.

That's not a change in character, but rather a change in position on the card.

His promos are still largely the same.

I just don't see the change you're seeing.

Ok, I've had it.

Stay out of this thread with questions about John Cena. You don't want to have any sort of a discussion. You want to have someone validate your hatred of the man and I'm not going to waste my time on you and this nonsense anymore.

I could be reaching here, but I noticed that in the SmackDown 8-Man Tag ME, during the final parade of finishers, they didn't allow Bray to hit the Sister Abigail on Randy Orton... it could be to protect Randy, but maybe just maybe, there is a feud between the 2 coming up soon enough?
Orton vs Wyatt is a feud that I have been interested in for a while, tho I feel WWE will ruin it within a couple of weeks somehow as they've been doing with Wyatt for a while now...

I think you're reaching but that would be a fun feud.

So I never got to see WCW programming in Ireland. But having binge-watched the Monday Night Wars series on the Network, there's something I'm wondering.

Just how big a deal was Goldberg really?

All programming about WCW seems to claim he was genuine competition to Stone Cold as the hottest name in the industry. And yet, after his loss, his heat died off so quickly. And while the booking of his first loss looks atrocious, surely if he was as hot and popular as is claimed, he would've recovered? I mean, Daniel Bryan took plenty of losses and silly booking decisions, and he never lost his popularity. In fact, it grew.

So is Goldberg's popularity and importance to WCW now overrated?

Big. Like, really big. Next to Austin, he was the hottest thing in wrestling and the biggest star WCW produced in the era by about 8,000 miles.

Goldberg wasn't like Bryan. The reason Goldberg died off so fast was far more than just him getting pinned (in a horrible idea but that's another story). See, the NWO had been running roughshod over WCW for nearly two years when Goldberg won the title. All of 1997 had been spent building up Sting as the great hope to save WCW and end the NWO, but after WCW screwed that up too, Hogan had the title back two months after Sting won it.

Goldberg felt different. Goldberg was this runaway train that no one could even get in trouble, let alone hope to stop. He beat Scott Hall and Hollywood Hogan in the same night on the biggest Nitro ever (40,000 people in Goldberg's hometown) to win the title and there was no stopping him. Hogan was vanquished, the NWO was in shambles, and Goldberg was the man.

Then Goldberg lost and eight days later the NWO was back in full force (this was in January). Goldberg looked like any other challenger to the NWO after that and he didn't get another one on one title shot until October. In other words, Goldberg was Sting all over again: the savior that WCW fans had been dying for but then just another guy because WCW had stopped being a wrestling company and started being the NWO's playground.

Goldberg was really a huge deal but, like everyone else in WCW, he got swallowed by the NWO and the old guard's egos.

It was a brilliant idea (and by brilliant I mean an idea stolen from Japan) but it went on WAY too long and only ended due to a bunch of injuries in 1999.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back