• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kaval released

this caught me by complete surprise, i never saw anything wrong with the way he worked or his chairsma, i loved the way he moved around. maybe it was a backstage problem? i know he's been working with a hurt ankle as of late but i am diaspointed i always looked forward to seeing him

This is why the WWE needs to bring back the cruiserweight division, guys like Kaval would actually be relevant. It's a shame really, there are a couple of great cruiserweights on the WWE roster, and guys like Kaval could have done wonders with that title, also Mysterio could bring prestige back to the title.

Given the way that Kaval was being used from his beginnings, I'm not at all surprised. He was pretty much buried from the start and now he's future endeavored. It's as if the WWE didn't have any intent to push him at all...ever. That's probably the case, and he should have looked at the WWE's history where this is concerned. He's a small guy and he's a face. These are two strikes against him as it is. He also had the balls to speak out about being a doormat. Third strike and he's out.

It's really a shame in my opinion. The guy had a lot of potential, but given the WWE's favoritism towards large heels, Kaval honestly couldn't expect to be allowed to win much, if at all. If he didn't want to be an entry-level jobber the rest of his career, he should not have gone to the WWE. That's just the way it is and the way it always will be. Not saying it's fair, not saying it's good, just saying it is what it is.

Here's hoping that either TNA or ROH snaps him up.

To be honest this is a bit of a shock to me simply because he won NXT Season 2 and actually had alot of talent in my opinion!! Albeit he isnt a tower like Wade Barrett he brought technicality back to wrestling which is something the WWE has been lacking since HBK left in my opinion. He was smaller but carried himself in that Rey Mysterio manner where he could win a match by flying around!

To be honest I think this has alot to do with the writers and I can but have a feeling that their is more to this story than what most of us are speculating!! No way does Vince drop the ball on something like this unless the higher up and veteran wrestlers had a problem with Kaval. Hopefully he can change his ways and come back because I liked him personally!! Best of luck to you buddy!

this is fuckin ridiculous... NXT winner is fired a few months later... did he even get his title shot? First DB and now Kaval, is the WWE serious? They really do only want to push homegrown stars unless they serve another purpose such as opening up a new market (Del Rio). I haven't seen Kaval much aside from on TNA and youtube but just like DB I saw real talent there, how WWE couldn't find a use for him is beyond me. Well smackdown just got a hell of a lot less interesting to me. You'd think if WWE is trying to get a TV spot for the next season of NXT they wouldn't piss all over the show and the next breakout star, no wonder it's ended up a shitty internet stream.

Doesn't surprise me. He just lost to McIntyre in about 10 seconds the other night. I think he saw the writing on the wall and did what he needed to do to get out. Smart move on his part. He obviously has a passion for the biz beyond financial gain, and I applaud the move. He wasn't going anywhere with them. Remember, he worked for TNA prior to coming to WWE, so he already had that against him.

I am really bummed about this news...though it's not the first time.

Anyone recall the blink and you'll miss them stints of former Tough Enough winners such as Linda Miles, Daniel Puder, or Matt Cappotelli (though that wasn't his fault).

Anyway, if I were in Kaval's position I'd be pissed too, from season one we have 8 guys, a few of which (Slater, Young) that are especially undeserving that have all been major players in the years biggest angle for WWE. Meanwhile, Kaval who is clearly more talented actually WINS his season and gets released after multiple squashings on WWE's B show, meanwhile Alex Riley, Harris, and McGillicutty are all featured prominently every week on Raw.

I would say that it may have benefited him to exhibit better patients in getting a push, but I think that advice would be better served to the people that don't win NXT, isn't the WHOLE POINT of winning that you do get a monster push? Christ, look where Barrett is already! Plus, I can certainly understand his frustration, even though it's the first time a lot of WWE fans have seen him, it's not like he's some rookie the guy is a 10+ year veteran, having already wrestled for WWE several times, nearly a decade ago!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1dgsp_low-ki-vs-christian-wwf-metal_sport

If they didn't think it was the time to give him a real opportunity why did they even bring him to their developmental, let alone have him win NXT?

This really makes me bitter, this guy should've been putting on classic PPV matches with Bryan Danielson, Ziggler, Rey, Kofi, Christian, etc. Not getting his ass handed to him every week before being released. WWE definitely dropped the ball on this one IMO.

You're fucking kidding me, right? What a waste of a whole season of NXT. This guy was great, he was a great performer, the crowd got behind him, and you release him? The fuck's that all about?

Shocked, and not shocked at the same time.

They have been giving the smaller guys a decent chance lately and he seemed to be adjusting his style properly for his matches and what have you. Most guys in the ring looked like a million bucks beating up on him.

However, that was his role. Someone that other guys were beating up on. So, in that sense, I'm not shocked at all.

Unfortunate, as I love watching the guy work.

I'm surprised by the timing (so soon) but not surprised at all that he was let go.

He just never fit for me.

He was just too plain; at least Danielson has some charisma and personality.

I'd really like to know the details behind this release. if he asked for it and they gave it, then I wish him the best. If it was a corporate decision, then I think they've made a HUGE mistake.

did he choke justin roberts with his tie too?...

pretty disappointed with this news. I've only seen 2 of his matches but I really enjoyed his matches. another fail from the WWE.

I'm really surprised this happened this quickly. WWE never really used Kaval to his potential, so I guess I can understand why both of them came to the same conclusion for Kaval to leave. If creative had nothing for him this whole time, then why was he even on NXT? Why did he even win the competition? It would have been nice to see Kaval and Mysterio have a few matches. Kaval is one of the best workers WWE had in the ring. His mic skills weren't great, but they were far better then most of the monotone wrestlers on Smackdown that are being pushed.

Hopefully he find a better place in ROH or TNA. The WWE machine claims another victim. If there is no hope for Kaval who is one of the most talented wrestlers to come from NXT, I have less hope for
other so called "breakout stars" or for the show.

To me he was just another evan bourne, i watched every match while he was in the wwe and he is really good , better than gabriel , but high flyers just dont last unless they really get over with the crowd, he was given no push by the wwe and i do find that unfair, i cant say i didnt see it coming, just not so soon,

im guessing he'll go back to the indies or tna where he might go main event

This is why I hate the internet. :banghead: What the hell is wrong with you people? All you know is that Kaval was released, no idea of the situation or circumstances, and you lot are already spouting off and bitching about it? Hello?? You really think Vince woke up today and said "ya know...with Saturday being Christmas and all, I'm thinking we need to release somebody. Let's go with that kid who won NXT and has the crowd behind him...I know the writers probably have plans for him and all, but we really don't need him anymore."

:disappointed:

Look, I'm as surprised and angry about it as anybody. But try to mix in some common sense along the way. Obviously something happened to bring on the release, it didn't just come out of thin air like some of you seem to think. Take a step back. Deep breaths, people. Before you hit send, ask yourself this question: "how stupid will my post look if it turns out Kaval either outright asked for/demanded his release, or did something crazy and stupid to warrant being released?"

Or, better yet what if it turns out this is a work like Daniel Bryan? (seems unlikely but who knows) Speaking of Bryan, there's this...

this is fuckin ridiculous... NXT winner is fired a few months later... did he even get his title shot? First DB and now Kaval, is the WWE serious? They really do only want to push homegrown stars unless they serve another purpose such as opening up a new market (Del Rio).

Yeah, they definitely only push homegrown stars...wait, what? They "rehired" (using that term loosely) Daniel Bryan after a couple weeks? He's been given a consistent push ever since coming back? Wait, he's the United States champion??? No way. He must've beat some bum for it...that Miz guy, right? What has he done this year...it's not like he's getting the biggest push in the company right now or anything.

Well, there goes that idea. :rolleyes:

I hate when wwe does things like this. Like when they released shelton benjamin. benjamin was super great at kurt angle type of wrestling. (amateur) and had amazing high flying skills and agility. he was very great in the ring. and every wrestlemania, he made the biggest highlight in the MITB matches.

so now kaval, that is a huge suprise for me and i was a huge fan of his. i thought maybe if wwe brought some type of cruiser weight championship, kaval would be great as the champ. But what gets me pissed about it is that wwe didnt give him a chance for great storylines. and he was amazing in the ring, would always make me say WOW THAT IS SICK!!! WWE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE!!!!! they need to smartin up alittle, they have buried to much great superstars.

Kaval wasn't doing anything in the WWE, because *gasp!* they weren't giving him anything to work with. All they were doing was booking him to lose to Drew McIntyre 50 times. They never even tried to make the effort of putting him in competitive matches where victories could be exchanged (his work with Dolph Ziggler was great, albeit cut short). There's nothing to discredit from Kaval in terms of in-ring performance. Okay, there were times when his moves looked a bit stiff, but that's it. The part about this that I personally don't understand is why the WWE decided to hype him up through the NXT season 2 ranks and even have him win it when he's gonna end up an ultimate jobber. What's the point of all that time repackaging him then?

Kaval couldn't sell any merchadise. Kaval was not complelling. Kaval was boring and could not draw money. He is just another creation of the IWC that never really had what it took to make it in the big leagues.

Well I think that's the problem with the NXT show. As talented as Kaval was, NXT being a springboard especially for Season 1 winner, and 'some' of the rest of the cast, then Kaval with his experience under his belt, probably figured he'd be even more due a shot towards bigger and better as the winner since Hennig Jr and Harris were in Nexus, and probably didn't realize that its all a matter of timing. But that also, you still have to pay your dues. It was chance that the Season 1 NXT cast got lucky as well with the Nexus angle, even Wade Barrett has said that in interviews that they were lucky with that chance. But all the experience in the world and you can still be underutilized, take the example of Shelton Benjamin. Superb athlete, yet grossly underutilized, had terrific feuds that 'could have been' but yet got buried in the long run, and then was future endeavored. I think that's why its wise to just swallow your pride, and in the word of Big from Rob & Big "Do Work!" in the end, you gain more character, and you'd be surprised what it will do for you should something pop up and the vets will be your biggest supporters when you least expect it.

I completely agree and think that's the main reason people get let go aside from budget cuts or them not performing in the ring as expected. They jump right into a shark tank thinking they're big shit and then get eaten alive.I can't stand the Miz,but Mike Mizanin is a genius because he stuck it out. He outlasted the hazing and the haters and now he's all over TV and has essentially made it. These young guys have to understand that it's not about them,but about the company as a whole and sometimes the good of the company will be different than what you thought it would be. I understand that Kaval's not green by any stretch of the imagination,but coming from where he's from he might as well be. If he would have shut his mouth and quit pandering to fans he could have stuck around ALOT longer.

I follow Zack Ryder avidly on Twitter and you never hear him complaining about where he is.He occasionally jokes about not being in the Superstars intro,but other than that, he has been selling himself on twitter like no one else and once management realizes that he's gained a staunch fanbase without even being on TV they're gonna take notice and reward the guy. He's been around four years and is pretty much lower than Kaval was. But he takes every opportunity to sell himself and runs with it and that's gonna pay off big one day.

Figured this was going to happen. I know that the winner of NXT gets a title shot of his choice at the PPV and Michael Mcgillicutty had it down to a T saying about losing to Kaval, "This guy in a PPV really?!?!?!?!" I totaly agreed with that. His release does not surprise me one bit. This also goes to show that WWE needs to do away with NXT. I think they will be better of turning Superstars into what Heat and Velocity was, a way to debut new talent and help keep current talent exposed. I don't even know why the creative team allowed him to win the season 2 tournament when you had michael mcgillicutty and Husky Harris. Guess you always got to fix your mistakes.

Well Im surprised to say the least and disappointed too. WWE never really gave Kaval a chance. The obviously saw something in him with NXT and then they completely bury him every week by losing matches and never really having any of them THAT competitive.

WWE dropped the ball on this seasoned vet BIG TIME and I wish him the best for the future.

And Right before Xmas, those sons of b@$%@ at Connecticut!

My reaction is like everyone else's. This is genuinely shocking and I can't believe a guy who was putting on good matches on a nightly basis isn't deemed worthy.

I mean finally the mid-card looks great with the likes of Bryan, Ziggler, Kofi, Swagger, Mcintyre and Cody, Kaval was only adding to this brilliant depth; plus he was destined to do something sick at Money in The Bank!

But in all seriousness, Bourne is out, you need a high flier on Raw to get the crowd riled up at the end of the first hour or with the first match, and you have a consistent air-marshal in Kaval.

I don't get this. Maybe the reason is something else.

Damn already? The guy is an exciting wrestler and had a lot to offer in terms of putting on good matches. While he might not of had much of anything else to offer sports-entertainment, he was hardly given a chance.

Like I said in my earlier post that Rox commented on, as talented as people are, these days, the NXT show, it does a good job showcasing young upstarts. We can speculate all we want. But with these shows that are supposed to 'springboard' talent, doesn't mean it will be an 'instant-overnight success' for you. If you read certain interviews with Barrett, he's even said that the NXT season one did get very lucky with that Nexus Invasion angle. But, even with shows like that, everyone still has to work hard for their time in the light.

Case in point, Daniel Bryan, he was let go by WWE. He could've chosen to turn to twitter and said some remarks, but he did choose to stay neutral and just keep plugging away at work. In the end, it worked out in his favor, and he was brought back for Summerslam, and now he's US Champion. That's why its also stressed when you are working to try to remain professional, and respect your peers and elders. Twittering about Big Show, a man who has been there since it was still WWF, and he's very tight with HHH and Vince off stage. He may as well have been making a remark about The Undertaker. No matter how frustrated you are, or upset, there are more professional ways to go about it.

Case in point, Daniel Bryan, he was let go by WWE. He could've chosen to turn to twitter and said some remarks, but he did choose to stay neutral and just keep plugging away at work. In the end, it worked out in his favor, and he was brought back for Summerslam, and now he's US Champion. That's why its also stressed when you are working to try to remain professional, and respect your peers and elders. Twittering about Big Show, a man who has been there since it was still WWF, and he's very tight with HHH and Vince off stage. He may as well have been making a remark about The Undertaker. No matter how frustrated you are, or upset, there are more professional ways to go about it.

People seem to forget this quite often. Idiots like Matt Hardy or now Kaval need to learn not to to burn bridges in buisness. Wrestling is a buisness, and killing any chance of ever working in the biggest wrestling company in the world again is just flat out career suicide. Hell, it shows your maturity as a person and whether or not you even deserve to be in a company of that magnitude.

Good luck Kaval, your going to need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back