• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kane...What happened?

I wished they had done it differently - Kane could have appeared with the mask at SummerSlam and take us back 11 years to his debut; ripping off the door to the cell. Sure, it'd ruin a fantastic 5-star match, but it'd be awesome. Plus, it'd negate the match ever being a 5-star match, so we wouldn't miss it as it had never happened.

Kane comes out to new music...(which is bad ass in my opinion) Stating that he has broken Rey's spirit six weeks ago...this storyline has a lot more twisting then WWE throwing a curve ball...So this is just getting more and more entertaining...

I'd like for this to turn into a Rey heel turn. I know it would never happen, but Rey could return having been traumatised by Kane so badly that he has essentially become a protege of Kane. After suffering some of the pain and anguish that the young Kane suffered, Rey now sees life as Kane sees it, and therefore emulates the destructive nature of the Big Red Machine. Now obviously it wouldn't be exactly the same because of the size and style differences, but that doesn't stop him from becoming increasingly violent, dishing out chair shots, splashes through tables, maybe a few Van Terminators here and there. If Rey can have a pairing with Batista as a face, then i think he could do well with Kane as heels. Just my opinion of how it could go, but it blatantly won't

I'd like for this to turn into a Rey heel turn. I know it would never happen, but Rey could return having been traumatised by Kane so badly that he has essentially become a protege of Kane. After suffering some of the pain and anguish that the young Kane suffered, Rey now sees life as Kane sees it, and therefore emulates the destructive nature of the Big Red Machine. Now obviously it wouldn't be exactly the same because of the size and style differences, but that doesn't stop him from becoming increasingly violent, dishing out chair shots, splashes through tables, maybe a few Van Terminators here and there. If Rey can have a pairing with Batista as a face, then i think he could do well with Kane as heels. Just my opinion of how it could go, but it blatantly won't

That's something I've been thinking about myself. This would be an awesome angle for them to go down. They could even have Rey realise that he hid behind the mask for a reason but always denied it but no longer wants to. Then he can go nuts while Kane laughs behind him. This would lead to a Batista match i can see where Batista gets involved to try and get him to come back to his normal self... Yeah definatly an intresting path to take but would WWE take that path?? I doubt it very very much!

What ever happens now we know that wwe will continue with this story, maybe there will be twists and turns during the course who knows yet. But we did find out that one of the reasons why kane didn't "like" mysterio was because he was hiding behind his mask. Maybe mysterio will appear at Unforgiven and burn/torture kane when he is at his most vulnerable. But I must say with the new badass entrance music kane came out with, maybe wwe will make the story decent and maybe we will see kane go back to his destructive self (masked/or no mask). The way this story is going with its twists, there are several ways that masked kane could return and the first clue might actually be the music. Remember kane removed his mask after only a month or two of his last enterance music slow chemical.

i see Rey being involved in the Unforgiven match in three weeks. probably attacking Kane or even causing him to lose the match. one way or another i see this as a great feud and a great operatunity for Rey and kane to show us all what they have to offer. they both are good wrestlers and hopefully now they will be pushed as respected characters.

Well I've got to say that while I am dissapointed that he isnt wearing the mask and probably never will, I think he is getting pushed, I think it will come at the expense of Rey somewhat similar to what he did to RVD a few years ago.

There is absolutly no denying that his character is more destructive than he was before, Batista has basically been his bitch everytime they've fought recently, it may be unmasked and probably wont result in a title run (although I really hope it does) but Kane is getting pushed again, hopefully he'll have a good run as a main-eventer this time.

Its the best storyline, potentially, either Rey or Kane have had in a longtime. Could even be the best story involving Rey in WWE. Kanes new music is awesome, almost as good as his classic. With the main theme being masks, im sure we'll see Kane in his sooner rather than later.

One thing i did notice, Kane didnt seem to draw that much heat, anyone agree?

I have a feeling there will in a about 3 months there will be some very good tag team matches going on between Rey and Batista challenging The Brothers of destruction. Kane and the Undertaker. Who wouldn't want to see this at SS. Or Team Rey vs Team Kane

I like the storyline enough but there's one big problem, and that's Kane. He is too bland as a face, but the fan's cant seem to boo him as a heel. He still gets cheers even though he "desroyed" one of the WWE's "top" face. Kane just doesn;t seem scary enough for the fans to hate him and this is the problem of this storyline.

I agree with mysterio_fan. Kanes reputation as the scary monster he once was is no more. When he was the Big Red Machine, everyone feared him. The only person we could expect to get the better of him was his brother; The Undertaker. People stayed away from him, and he would easily be believable as a serial killer or something of the sort. He could have killed anyone in that ring.

When his mask came off he still had that. He was like a psychotic monster who was let loose in public for the first time. He was horrifying and everyone stayed away. He was like an outcast. We need that Kane back, now. I am a big fan of him, but things have gone too far with him. There are some gimmicks that you can't change, I really think Kanes was one of them.

The music change and the red lights during his promo was a step in the right direction, as Kane has been stale for more than 3 years.

Hopefully he can gain some much needed credibility back with this Mysterio feud.

Agree with arsens09, the music change will help, his music before this new theme was too reminisicent off when he returned as a face, beat up the anti-americans and then did a spinaroonie.

Kane is universally popular, so it will be a job turning him monster heel again. The last time he really got any heat was Takers return. What he needs next is a televised squash of a popular face. Send him smackdown for a day and let him smash HHH, no one seems to care if he beats up Batista lol.

The only true way that kane could draw heat again from the crowd is basically to take out the undertaker. There is no-one in the wwe who is highly respected and loved by the fans and the wwe than the dead man himself. So this is how I see it, once kane finishes his feud with mysterio, the door is open to take out the undertaker (best during a main event at a ppv). You could say the best opportunity was at summerslam, during the hell in a cell match. Where kane could have ripped the door of the cell and tombstoned taker reminiscing the hell in a cell match at bad blood 1997. But thats now in the past so wwe has to look at another opportunity in the future.

The only true way that kane could draw heat again from the crowd is basically to take out the undertaker. There is no-one in the wwe who is highly respected and loved by the fans and the wwe than the dead man himself. So this is how I see it, once kane finishes his feud with mysterio, the door is open to take out the undertaker (best during a main event at a ppv). You could say the best opportunity was at summerslam, during the hell in a cell match. Where kane could have ripped the door of the cell and tombstoned taker reminiscing the hell in a cell match at bad blood 1997. But thats now in the past so wwe has to look at another opportunity in the future.

Yeah Summerslam woulda been a great opportunity for that....that is if not for the absolutely shit quality of all the OTHER matches, i mean cena/batista was probably 2nd best, good but not that good. Think that'd probably screw the whole PPV up if thye had Kane interfere the ME and best match of the night. I'd say they played it out perfectly.

NOW back on topic, when i seen Kane on RAW in the halls, with the new music i'll admit it made me stand right up! its f*in AMAZING! lol i absolutely LOVE the new music, thats a 1st step. Now they gotta get him to his old self. Kane's gotta become the monster again, with no feelings or emotions. he's too human-like now, not like before in the mask u just couldnt tell what the hell he was thinking or doing or feeling for that matter. Now he almost looks like a pussy. lol Thing is gettin Kane back to old will be quite the challenge from the old *kane-a-roonie* days...terrible

Yeah Summerslam woulda been a great opportunity for that....that is if not for the absolutely shit quality of all the OTHER matches, i mean cena/batista was probably 2nd best, good but not that good. Think that'd probably screw the whole PPV up if thye had Kane interfere the ME and best match of the night. I'd say they played it out perfectly.

NOW back on topic, when i seen Kane on RAW in the halls, with the new music i'll admit it made me stand right up! its f*in AMAZING! lol i absolutely LOVE the new music, thats a 1st step. Now they gotta get him to his old self. Kane's gotta become the monster again, with no feelings or emotions. he's too human-like now, not like before in the mask u just couldnt tell what the hell he was thinking or doing or feeling for that matter. Now he almost looks like a pussy. lol Thing is gettin Kane back to old will be quite the challenge from the old *kane-a-roonie* days...terrible

Don't you get it? Getting him back to his monster days is exactly what the WWE is trying to do, and they are failing miserably. The whole Mysterio storyline is beyond lame. It bears the same problems that JBL hitting Cena with an automobile had -- it's attempted murder and illegal. I understand you're supposed to suspend belief sometimes, but it's just not buyable to think that Kane has been torturing Rey Mysterio somewhere. To boot, his promo Monday night was horrendous and cheesy.

I don't dislike Kane. He is nothing like he used to be in the ring but he is a decent enough character. Plus I'm all for everyone on the roster having some sort of angle or storyline to go with, and Kane, and upper mid-carder in my book, had something fresh to work with and creative wrote him into the toilet. I can't wait for this story to be over.

I definitely think the Kane of old needs to return. That was just an excellent gimmick that was always over and everyone feared. The new music and lights on during his promo on Raw was a nice touch and I think adding Batista to the Mysterio thing could help to get him back to that level and being a legit main eventer again. The best thing would be if he won this feud and destroyed both Batista and Mysterio in the process...I think that would catapult him to title contention and he would be feared again, plus they could just continue with that and have him take other people out.
I know alot of people think the mask is over and stale, but I'd love to see him back in it. Maybe like an angle where he just has a complete psychotic breakdown and reverts back to what he originally was and really "believes" that's who he is.
The 'real' Big Red Machine is poised to make his return imo

I think this Kane story-line will end up becoming a Brothers of Destruction vs Batista and Mysterio feud. Dave goes to get revenge on Kane and does but then the Undertaker comes to get some revenge. Then they have a tag-team match-up at some PPV. It seems good because the Undertaker is going to finish up La Famila and Vickie G. So, when he is done with that he goes onto Dave and Rey. Then back to edge

Well Kane's new music was a nice first step into bringging him back to an insane sort of character. However the promo he cut on Rey was terrible. Kane vs Rey just sounds terrible. I'm pretty sure I've said it once and I will again. If this match happens.... Should Kane loose... He will probably loose any credibility he has as a monster... Forever. I mean no monster should loose to a guy who's like 5 foot. Kane has quite a size advantage, and one would think that his weight alone would be more than enough to pin Rey without even doing anything...

A lot of people seem to think that the mask will bring Kane back to where he was. I don't think so. At this point a lot of fans were not even watching back when Kane had the mask (myself included). I mean the first few months to a year from when he took the mask off, he was basically the most feared person in the WWE. He wasn't in the title picture, but his feuds with say Shane were amazing I thought. He did some pretty messed up things like jumper cables to Shane's manhood... Ugh... Anyway like I said I don't think the mask will bring him back. Someone mentioned before that Kane seems almost too human now, and I couldn't agree more, and there lies the problem with Kane. WWE needs to make him a monster again..... They just for some reason have not.

I think wwe had made a big mistake by victimizing mysterio as the bate for kane. We all know to well that the character of kane has never been "brutal" towards smaller men than himself especially when they are almost 1 and 1/2 feet smaller than him. I can't really recall a time when he targeted a smaller person except for when he attacked mysterio during the smackdown vs raw feuds and the may 19th scenario. But even then he knocked out someone else or a group of people. The problem is if by any chance kane loses against rey a few times or rey "takes out" kane then both wrestlers reputation will be under threat. Firstly rey isn't really good at acting as a heel as small kids really love him and also he is meant to be an underdog in most of his matches due to his size. Then there is kane's reputation. Losing to mysterio or getting "taken out" by mysterio won't help his return to heel/monster cause. However if you reverse the scenario and kane dominates most of the matches against mysterio then it would make him look even worse. Think about it, a 7-foot guy picking on a guy who is almost 1 and 1/2 feet smaller than him. It doesn't look good does it? The answer I want is why mysterio? Why wasn't it someone else like, say batista. We know that mysterio wears a mask but come on. There was more reason for kane to attack batista than mysterio. But we can't really change the past anymore so I really do hope that they cut the mysterio story and concentrate with a feud between batista and kane.

Having Kane put on the mask again would be a good way for WWE to cash in on the new Jason movie coming out next year....

That aside, I've got to agree that Rey is the wrong guy to throw on the path to the monster's return. Hopefully, they're just using him as bait for a feud with Batista rather than an excuse for Rey's absence from Raw. Think about it, Batista searches the arena for his friend, goes down to the boiler room & sees Kane about to launch Rey into a furnace or something & boom, Boiler Room Brawl. At some point, Kane should just completely decimate Cena or JBL as a way to get Batista a little shaken up. Then, with that aside, maybe they can have Rey go back to feuding with Santino, provided he's not still caught in a tangle between Kofi Kingston or D'Lo. And if not Santino, I'd like to see Rey & Jericho work a program.

I like the sound of that story DecayNYFX. Setting the scene up in the boiler room is almost perfect. Batista brawls with kane in a street fight. Then as the fight gets near to a close, Kane takes batista down to the boiler room, where rey is hung up like a dead body. Batista sees that then he snaps and continuously slams kanes head against the boiler/pipes until eventually one of the pipes burst causing the boiling hot water to burst out and burn kanes faces. Kane suddenly runs out yelling. Batista wins the match but a few weeks later on the next episode of raw kane returns with his mask on and the feud between batista and kane continues. We know that during the course of kane's career, he has been "burnt" by fire but he has never been burnt by boiling hot water so it wouldn't look as wwe are trying to use the idea of kane getting "burnt" by fire.

Majority of the peeps here is thinking Kane vs Rey, Kane vs Batista. But I'm gonna break a limb and concur with the thoughts of the minority who thinks Rey will become Kane's 'minion'. Kane mentioned in his promo that 'Rey's spirit is broken', and I think that signifies a gimmick character reconstruction.

There's no way Rey is gonna come back with his old gimmick. And besides, doing a 'Kane, u beat me badly, so now I'm gonna get my revenge' angle while maintaining his old gimmick doesn't seem appealing to me as well. I know u guys are skeptical of WWE, but I've got a strong feeling this will be something different!

Perhaps, Rey has been brainwashed by Kane and tag teams with him, while Batista tries his best to coax Rey out of this predicament. Batista get beaten by both of them week in week out but he never gives up. Once the intensity and excitement for the angle has been built up, it could accumulate in a Kane vs Rey match, once Rey musters his will to get out of Kane's control. Only then, it wouldn't fail as a match, going by just the rivalry's hype and buildup alone.

As of now, if the majority is right, and Kane vs Rey is set from the get-go, I agree it'd suck donkey balls.

I'm not sure how to feel about this storyline. One thing i am please about is that Kane is turning heel. Kane's been a fave of mine since childhood, so it's good to see him advance. As soon as he said "i don't like anyone who doesn't like...." i said "That'sa heel turn if ive ever seen one." This could be a great push for Kane, and seein as he's in title matches he could be a heel in the main event for at least some time. Kane as a heel (especially after he unmasked, ex: Shane McMahon and Matt Hardy feuds, which he would come out on top) is much more entertaining to watch than his current face run.
But, not too fond of how this'll play out with Rey in the mix.
I think it'll be interesting to see how promos and such play out. If, or when, Rey interferes in the title match, it'll be predicted and ill be kinda annoyed. I would imagine Kane would have just scored a pinfall and labeled the champ, then rey would interfere and knock kane out , then he'd be pinned by one of the other four to lose, and thus the feud begins. But as for matches, i don't see any "Match of the year" candidates, but instead a bunch of cat and mouse types. We all know that most of the time when Rey faces wrestlers MUCH larger than him, he over comes the mountainous odds and wins, not ALL the time, but it happens. Plus we'll have to hear Michael Cole and his "ITSA MODERN DAVID AND GOLIATH" comparisons.
Either way, i see this as a great push for Kane, especially as a heel. Just a bit iffy on how this'll play out as a feud with Rey, and hoping it doesn't turn into a charity case that sees Rey come out on top. Hopefully they don't screw this up, and if there is some twist or "revealing" down the road, its something mind-blowing, and not a Adamle-as-GM dud.

I think that there is no way that kane and rey are going to team up because kane said himself that he has never "liked" mysterio. But knowing the wwe script writers all to well, I am not willing to bet on this as kane has been let down too many times after a start to a decent story. But if they do team up I will be quite disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back