• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just When I Thought People On Social Media Couldn't Get Any Stupider

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
They do.

My 9 year old sister is telling me that her 4th grade teacher wants them to do a project. The info isn't on the blackboard though. No, its on..... FACEBOOK. And we have to "friend" her for the info to show up. Since our parents are hicks, I had to friend her, get the info, then un-friend her. Now I'm a Facebook ****.

Well now we know why I'm winning Most Improved poster, and not you... :lmao:

All joking aside, that's really stupid. If I ever had a professor in college tell me to "friend" him or her on Facebook to get the course material, I would straight-up drop the class and sign up with another prof. And your sister is 9? When I was in 4th grade the internet was still not a viable source for research projects. I'm not talking about teachers who won't allow Wiki as a reference, I'm talking about teachers who wouldn't allow the INTERNET to be used as a reference. We had to go to libraries and shit. Use encyclopedias and read books. Walk up hill both ways to school, dammit!

It's a dumb idea, but it barely cracks the top 10 of bad ideas of things to do with social media. Hell, just a few weeks ago some idiot wished the president would get assassinated in her Facebook feed and was shocked when the Secret Service showed up to her door. Or how about that girl that, just a few days ago, was bragging about a bank she robbed on Facebook and then posted a video of the money she stole while wearing the same outfit she robbed the bank in.

This... this isn't illegal, it doesn't beg for ramifications. It's just dumb.

All my friends criticise me for not being on any form of social media. Just not my thing.

I love to get on Facebook and read about how others are doing such cooler shit than me.

Then I remember that they left off the shitty parts of their life.

Then there are others on Facebook who write about terrible shit that just makes me feel bad about how good I have it.

Just use Facebook to look at pics and play games and take down Middle Eastern despots.

Well now we know why I'm winning Most Improved poster, and not you... :lmao:

I already did say I was far better last year.
All joking aside, that's really stupid. If I ever had a professor in college tell me to "friend" him or her on Facebook to get the course material, I would straight-up drop the class and sign up with another prof. And your sister is 9? When I was in 4th grade the internet was still not a viable source for research projects. I'm not talking about teachers who won't allow Wiki as a reference, I'm talking about teachers who wouldn't allow the INTERNET to be used as a reference. We had to go to libraries and shit. Use encyclopedias and read books. Walk up hill both ways to school, dammit!
Her teacher used to be my teacher when I was in 3rd grade. Still recall those hours of just writing on the notebooks. In cursive. Oh, did I hate writing in cursive.

All my friends criticise me for not being on any form of social media. Just not my thing.
That's because you're a period. Periods don't have social lives. All they do is end and abbreviate shit. You need to make sweet love with a comma, and get some of that semi-colon action goin on.

If this is as dumb as you think people on social media sites can get, you clearly haven't read many youtube comments.

Yeah same here, but the way I feel about it is one day everyone is going to know everything about everyone and it's going to be because we publicly shared it on the fucking internet for the world to see. If you want to be my friend, try actually knowing me. If you want to see family pictures, try coming over to my house. I just can't get into it.

I too hate cursive. In fact at 22 years old the only cursive I remember without having to stop and think is how to sign my name.

There was a teacher at my school who got suspended for a week because his Facebook had a bunch of pictures of him drunk at college parties and shit.

My school's policy is that teachers are prohibitted from friending any current students on Facebook or communicating with them on any form of social media.

They do.

My 9 year old sister is telling me that her 4th grade teacher wants them to do a project. The info isn't on the blackboard though. No, its on..... FACEBOOK. And we have to "friend" her for the info to show up. Since our parents are hicks, I had to friend her, get the info, then un-friend her. Now I'm a Facebook ****.

The story of you super kicking a homeless guy was much more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back