• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Morrison or Johnny Nitro?

Arsenal 4 life

Frankie <3
Which character would rather have on Raw on Smackdown!
When Johnny Nitro was on ECW he one the ECW championship and he was also a intercontinental champ and part of MNM with Mercury.
As John Morrison , he was in one my favorite tag teams ever (the other was the Hardy's) with The Awesome one , Miz. He has also been Intercontinental champ , tag champ and had two WWE championship matches and 1 WHC championship Match ( maybe more , not sure) among other achievements.
My question is which one would u rather have in the roster and which brand. Personally , JOMO on SD! as a face smackdown needs it ATM.

As much as i liked Johnny Nitro i am gonna say John Morrison is a better character. Morrison looks more ME and looks cool while in the ring and during his entrance. Thinking about it Johnny Nitro seems more like a mid card gimmick.
I would put John Morrison on Smackdown as a heel because he was amazing as a heel but theres also no room for another heel ME star on Raw.

I liked the Johnny Nitro character but I think it was more because of how he was playing off of Bischoff than the actual character itself. I agree it's more of a mid-card stop for him. That said, he still needs to improve his mic skills more if he wants to really hit main event status...and stay there.

The Hardys are legendary wrestlers but neither of them can really talk, and that's one of the reasons they never became champ or stayed champ for long. Jeff Hardy got there just because he is/was a one-of-a-kind performer. JM is entertaining in the ring, but he's not at that calibur.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the Johnny Nitro character did give him more room to showcase his mic skills. JM is just another generic talker with no personality as far as I'm concerned.

Right now you've got Punk, Miz, Cena, ADR and I'd even say Truth who are above JM on RAW. Mysterio also can't talk and he's toward the end of his career, but like Truth I don't see Morrison getting all the way over as a face. I know he gets a huge pop in the ring but the guy is not going to sell PPVs until his character evolves a little more.

I liked the nitro character more.. Then again i have always liked the cocky heel character more than the face one!! Nitro had more success ...as this character was pretty decent on the mic as well. Couple of Tag titles ic title ecw champ!! J-Mo really what has he done i am waiting for him to break out just be that guy and so far he hasnt shown it.. Wasnt he supposed to be the next HBK!! Whenever someone is touted as the next (insert name)that almost always never happens!! I hope the best for J-MO but so far the character Nitro is way better

John Morrison for sure, I think it's a much better name (it's a good play on his rock star persona). However, I really think he needs to be a heel. He was always much better as a heel. His mic skills are very limited but they are definitely much worse as a face, he is just so boring. His character should be a bad ass rock star and this lends itself to being a heel. If the WWE are going to keep him a face, at least freshen up his character a bit. I liked when they had him blinded by CM Punk, he showed a more edgier side to his character then.

To be honest with u, although John Morrison is maintaining frequent air time, and the eye of WWE writers. He has yet to acheive as much success as he did when he was Johnny Nitro. John Morrison can be either a face or a heel, but it was a 100% heel nitro that won the ECW Title, Intercontinental Title, and multiple Tag Team Championships. Although he changed his name too soon, I would have to put my money on Johnny Nitro. Looking back at it now, the WWE could've work wonders off Johnny Nitro, rather than teasing a John Morrison Push, and then burying him to just push him again. But in due Time we'll see a short-lived title reign from JOMO. But the better character is Johnny Nitro.

I like the JoMo character better id say... Rock Star= heel though like they said above..Turn him heel have a one night only Morrison and Miz reunion to turn him heel...

But mainley im glad someone asked this question...Iv been trying to think for a month now what JoMo's name was before this character...

I think the John Morrison is the better character and name. He's better as a heel than a face whether he's Morrison or Nitro. I think it's the better character because I like the type of rock star character and that's why it's the better name.

I think some of you guys who criticize his mic skills aren't really giving him a fair shake. He's only doing what he's told to do.

That being said, I think he was better as Johnny Nitro. I liked the MNM tag team they had. I kind of wished they kept together longer. But anyways, the matches he had with Punk over the ECW title were very excellent by WWE standards.

I can't even recall anything special he's done as Jo-Mo.

I like the John Morrison character (as a heel) better, but wish he had kept the Johnny Nitro name.

I also enjoyed the random matches that Johnny Nitro had against Cena.

But anyways, the matches he had with Punk over the ECW title were very excellent by WWE standards.

I can't even recall anything special he's done as Jo-Mo.

El Oh El. You realize these are contradicting statements, right bud? John only had one match against Punk as Johnny Nitro, and it was the match where he filled in for Benoit. He changed his name like, the Tuesday after or 2 weeks later, don't remember. But during the whole feud they had, he was John Morrison.

To me, it's Morrison in a landslide. He had fun little tag matches with Mercury as his partner and he and Melina were together on Raw for a while and he had some solid matches, but he has definitely had his best run with the Morrison character. The team with Miz, his Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber theatrics, his awesome matches with Sheamus, Miz, Rey, Hardy, Punk, and Ziggler.

Literally everything about his time as Morrison has been better.

John Morrison is a much better ring name than Johnny Nitro, Nitro is a name that would have ensured JoMo stayed in mid-car limbo for his whole career.

I much prefer the Morrison character, with the rock star persona, cool entrance etc but I have said before and I will say again, Morrison should not be a face. He isnt the best on the mic anyway, but being a heel would give him much more freedom to improve. He has the natural arrogant look about him, so he should be able to play on that more and laugh at the fans over his awesome physique and pretty boy looks. Its pretty easy to piss the fans off that way and Morrison could be very good at that.

I still think he can break into the main event, but as a heel. I cannot see him getting there as a face. Actually, WWE need more big name heels so I think JoMo would be a good candidate for this

I prefer his John Morrison persona, but the heel version that he played on ECW when he did the Dirt Sheet. Johnny Nitro was never going to get beyond the IC title as a character. As John Morrison he has better odds. I would have him stay right where he is, on Raw as a face because although Morrison is better as a heel, they need another top tier face other than Cena and Rey.

I like his Heel Character as Johnny Nitro but The name John Morrison is better.I would go with John morrison but as a heel no doubt!His not as bad as what people say and aint recongized for his mic skills.I would put him On SD without a doubt and let him be the top heel of the brand.The MNM tag team was great but so was the Jo-Mo/Miz tag team,He played the Johnny Nitro heel great but his more of a star as John Morrison:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back