• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Cena vs Darren Young = WWE Listening to Fans?

I do think that the WWE is starting to realise that the internet is going to play a huge roll in the way the WWE pans out over the next few years and I have seen, over the last few weeks, that they intend to try and immerse themselves in that as much as possible. You only need to look at WWE.com for the evidence. Hell, they even had a viewer’s choice night a couple of weeks ago that was based around the internet community and it was a huge success for the WWE. The fact of the matter is that the internet savvy fans are happy discussing wrestler in the sense that they do and Vince McMahon needs to get on board with that. Of course, it is extremely limited at best right now but he is starting to open that door. You get a lot more polls now and WWE.com is flourishing as the WWE Universe looks for more information on the WWE.

As for Darren Young being the centre of that, I don’t think that is correct. People have stated that he looks like the Black John Cena and that was stated on Raw a few weeks ago but I fear that is as far as it is ever likely to go. In this scenario, I just feel that Young was unlucky. It looks as though Cena is on a mission to take out all of the Nexus and Darren Young was just the first guy on that schedule and I would try not to read too much into it. Perhaps he was targeted first because of the striking similarity to Cena but I seriously doubt it. I feel it was just coincidence more than anything.

yeah, wouldnt make a lot of sense really to have him face one of the supporting personal of Nexus.. it was for sure a random segment.. wrong place wrong time kinda thing, im expecting the same thing to happen to a few more members of nexus now

Darren Young and Cena have similar facial features, I was wondering if he was a tan white guy with nappy hair at first. But he kinda reminds me of Rocky Mavia when he had the scary curl and the goofy smiling persona before he joined the nation. You never know its hard to judge because we haven't really seen to much to compare him to anybody, so i can't hate on him yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back