• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Cena a bigger legend then Hulk Hogan?

KingHill

Dark Match Winner
I just read this.

"Why did you not vote for John Cena???

Almost everybody voted on Hulk Hogan. Yes ofc, I repsect him, he made wrestling and made Vince rich. And yes he made Cena a millioaires in the first place.

But Cena got more world titles then Hogan, Stone Cold, and The Rock man.

John Cena is THE GOAT right now and when he returns he will make a bigger impact then anyone has ever seen man, believe that.

All of you that are saying Cena sucks, you suck guys!!! all of you.

Cena deserves respect and is bigger then the busines.

Championship-poll-results.jpg

John_Cena2.png

The Rock: Greatest WWE superstar of all time
Hulk Hogan: Biggest star in wrestling history
Ric Flair: Best pro wrestler in wrestling history
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin: Most popular superstar of all time and face of the company during the greatest era in wrestling history
Shawn Michaels: Greatest in ring performer in wrestling history
Bret Hart: Greatest technical wrestler in wrestling history
Kurt Angle: Greatest all-around performer in wwe history
Triple H: Has the posession of the greatest shovel in wrestling history

John Cena: Untalented fruity pebbles
CM Punk: Hobo emo geek with a large cult of dumb @$$ fans that worship the living ground he walks on and overrate him on the internet 24/7

When it comes to legendary stars, there's nobody in wrestling bigger than Hogan. Hogan wasn't the best in the ring, he wasn't the "best looking", he wasn't the most athletic; but he connected with fans with the right character at the right time. Whether you're a fan of Hogan or you hate the ground he walks on, his name is synonymous with pro wrestling. Just as people often think of WWE whenever they hear the term pro wrestling, even if they've never watched it in their lives, the same thing often applies to Hulk Hogan. Hell, when it was officially announced that Hogan would be returning to WWE on the 2/24 episode of Raw, it got mainstream press coverage.

Is John Cena a better overall pro wrestler than Hogan? In my opinion, yes he is. He's every bit as charismatic as Hogan, the haters can scream up and down that it's not true but, frankly, it is; He can talk on the mic every bit as well as Hogan, probably better when you consider that he doesn't call someone "brother" or "jack" every 20 seconds. When it comes to picking who I'd rather watch wrestle in a match, I'll pick Cena every day of the week and twice on Sunday. BUT, as I said, Hogan came along during the right time period with the right sort of character, the right look, said all the right things and was able to connect with fans in a way that no other wrestler had before him. In the grand scheme of things, anything that John Cena has done to make wrestling more mainstream, Hogan had already done it when Cena was still a snot nosed kid. I disagree with a lot of the hate that Cena gets, but he's not bigger than the business. Neither is Hulk Hogan, for that matter. The only guy I can think of in which someone can make a half decent argument of being bitter than the business is The Rock. I'm not saying he is, but when you look at the success of his movie career, an argument can at least be made to some degree.

When it comes to legendary stars, there's nobody in wrestling bigger than Hogan. Hogan wasn't the best in the ring, he wasn't the "best looking", he wasn't the most athletic; but he connected with fans with the right character at the right time. Whether you're a fan of Hogan or you hate the ground he walks on, his name is synonymous with pro wrestling. Just as people often think of WWE whenever they hear the term pro wrestling, even if they've never watched it in their lives, the same thing often applies to Hulk Hogan. Hell, when it was officially announced that Hogan would be returning to WWE on the 2/24 episode of Raw, it got mainstream press coverage.

Is John Cena a better overall pro wrestler than Hogan? In my opinion, yes he is. He's every bit as charismatic as Hogan, the haters can scream up and down that it's not true but, frankly, it is; He can talk on the mic every bit as well as Hogan, probably better when you consider that he doesn't call someone "brother" or "jack" every 20 seconds. When it comes to picking who I'd rather watch wrestle in a match, I'll pick Cena every day of the week and twice on Sunday. BUT, as I said, Hogan came along during the right time period with the right sort of character, the right look, said all the right things and was able to connect with fans in a way that no other wrestler had before him. In the grand scheme of things, anything that John Cena has done to make wrestling more mainstream, Hogan had already done it when Cena was still a snot nosed kid. I disagree with a lot of the hate that Cena gets, but he's not bigger than the business. Neither is Hulk Hogan, for that matter. The only guy I can think of in which someone can make a half decent argument of being bitter than the business is The Rock. I'm not saying he is, but when you look at the success of his movie career, an argument can at least be made to some degree.

From what I have heard listening to older guys I know, Andre the Giant also seems to be someone who was synonymous with Pro-Wrestling, especially amongst the older generation who know about him. His name is one I have heard even more than Hogan's anytime I ask an older guy if they know anything about WWE/Pro-Wrestling,etc...

Don't know how it is in the US and elsewhere however...

I didn't know these people were real.

Cena PG Kids are to much.

So they really think Cena is a bigger legend then Hulk Hogan? :lmao::banghead: :wtf:

Many, many comparisons have been made between Cena and Hogan and how similar they are/can be throughout their respective primes. Obviously, both have had great careers but both are from different Era's, these Era's have similarities in terms of the content albeit there are many differences between programming back in the 80's and early 90's and the 2010's. John Cena has been the Man for 9 years now and has had amazing career winning 14 World Championships and having main evented many WrestleManias facing many established main event guys.

Indeed it is hard to deny that John Cena is "The Man" and has been since roughly 2005. His popularity has broken records, he still receives the loudest ovation in more or less every single City/Town and Country the WWE travel to for shows. Love him or hate him, everyone respects what he has contributed to the business and that's all that matters when it's all said and done.

I have grown up the Cena Era so call me biased if you would like to but I feel that John Cena is a bigger superstar Hulk Hogan. More well known by today's population, and overall a well respected face in the eyes of the media.

Do you not have anything more to contribute to this forum? that's extremely ignorant considering you did not even give your view/opinion on the matter.

Many, many comparisons have been made between Cena and Hogan and how similar they are/can be throughout their respective primes. Obviously, both have had great careers but both are from different Era's, these Era's have similarities in terms of the content albeit there are many differences between programming back in the 80's and early 90's and the 2010's. John Cena has been the Man for 9 years now and has had amazing career winning 14 World Championships and having main evented many WrestleManias facing many established main event guys.

Indeed it is hard to deny that John Cena is "The Man" and has been since roughly 2005. His popularity has broken records, he still receives the loudest ovation in more or less every single City/Town and Country the WWE travel to for shows. Love him or hate him, everyone respects what he has contributed to the business and that's all that matters when it's all said and done.

I have grown up the Cena Era so call me biased if you would like to but I feel that John Cena is a bigger superstar Hulk Hogan. More well known by today's population, and overall a well respected face in the eyes of the media.

Hogan was champion for YEARS at a time. He was a superstar for two decades and transcended wrestling and changed the wrestling world TWICE. I like Cena more than most people but to say he's a bigger Star than Hogan. Is like saying Triple H was a bigger Star than Austin just because Austin was on top for less time, and at least that's true. Hogan dominated two decades and was on top longer than Cena. It's just true and to say Cena is bigger is almost unfathomable.

Edge actually won more championships than HHH (31-23), but I can't say I'm surprised that HHH somehow found his name on this list.

Anyway, I'm gonna go with Hogan. The reason why: all you have to do is listen to the pop he gets this Monday night, 30+ years after the birth of Hulkamania.

I will answer this question as simple as possible. With so many reality tv shows on tv now, it is really hard to find a niche. Hell, more people probably know who Honey Boo Boo is than John Cena but I bet those people know who Hulk Hogan is.

You have to be a seriously delusional John Cena mark to even come up with this question.

"He had more world titles than Hogan". That would mean something if this was a competitive sport where "winning" a title actually mean that you WON something.

It's such a ridiculous premise, that I'm not going to dignify it by making a case for why Hogan is a bigger star than Cena. It should be obvious.

It's good that you admitted growing up in the Cena era, many ignore that and claim to be tough guy attitude era fans.

Anyway Hulk Hogan is the biggest star in wrestling history, nobody is even close, not The Rock not Stone Cold.

Hogan vs Andre SNME drew a 15.1 rating, highest rating in wrestling history.

Hogan is larger than life, Austin as well, Rock as well. Cena? Not at all.

Believe me, I'm not saying that as a Cena hater but as a guy who saw all these eras, Cena is a nobody.

Everyone knew Hogan, everyone knew Austin, everyone knew Rock, NOBODY knows Cena.

HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN was not only champion for years at a time for over 20 years, but he was the top star in every promotion he competed in. Cena has been a protected company man who has basically wrestled for only a single promotion where as HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN could go to any company anywhere around the world and be the top dog.He's the only wrestler to star two wrestling booms (Cena has yet to start one) and he was World champion in multiple promotions and is the only wrestler to be World champion in America and Japan at the dame time. He's the only pro wrestler to be featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated. And while Cena struggles to get 4 million people to watch him on TV, HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN holds the record at 33 million viewers.

The Rock and Hogan are 1 and 1a to me. These conversations are so great because there are so many opinions and in many way this is a subjective question. To me, The Rock and Hogan are the two greatest. They transcend the sport. Just my opinion though!

Well, I didn't grow up in the Babe Ruth era, but I still know that he is the greatest/most important baseball player of all time.

If there were no Hogan there would be be no Cena, period. They do share many of the same qualities however. Both being egomaniacs, trying to bury would be stars, and helping in charities to make themselves look good. But I digress, Cena hasn't done anything Hogan hasn't already done, except have people totally s*** on the las 2 main events he was in or reinvent himself like Hagan did with the NWO. Let's just be honest with ourselves here. If there was no Hogan, there would be no Wrestlemania or any other mega-ppvs. Vince never would to have been able to put everyone else out of business and no one would have ever heard of a John Cena, which most of that would be a good thing. There would be more of an option and selection of wrestling that just stuff that is forced down our throats like it has been from time to time over the last 2 or 3 years. I have loved wrestling since I was 3 or 4 and I have found myself thinking maybe it's time to give it up after the lackluster shows as of late. The proof is in the pudding as they say. They last 2 ppvs, show that the main attractions or main events were s***ed on. So in the end the wrestling world would be better off without Hogan and Cena. But to answer the question Hogan was and forever will be better.

Cena receives the loudest ovation. Bullshit he gets booed in every arena he goes to and that is because fans don't respect him because he has not earned their respect. He showed up got a huge push and has never left the main event scene, he never builds young talent and he buries more guys than he helps. Hogan is the mega star who built the platform for Cena to stand and all Cena has done is turn fans away from wrestling where Hulk built wrestling. When Hogan had the biggest match of his career against Andre over 30 million watched when Cena had his against the Rock at WM29 just over a million watched.

Cena is the man killing pro wrestling by worsening the product and turning fans away so to even put Cena's name in the same category as a guy like Hogan who made wrestling main stream is a disgrace to pro wrestling

Hogan>Cena

I just read this.

"Why did you not vote for John Cena???

Almost everybody voted on Hulk Hogan. Yes ofc, I repsect him, he made wrestling and made Vince rich. And yes he made Cena a millioaires in the first place.

But Cena got more world titles then Hogan, Stone Cold, and The Rock man.

John Cena is THE GOAT right now and when he returns he will make a bigger impact then anyone has ever seen man, believe that.

All of you that are saying Cena sucks, you suck guys!!! all of you.

Cena deserves respect and is bigger then the busines.

You've never actually watched Hulk Hogan in his heyday have you... If you did you would know why everyone voted Hogan.

And Cena's not bigger than the business, I AM

With respect, I disagree. You provided no evidence of your BS claim that "Cena is a nobody" IMO that is just an ignorant statement because you obviously don't like him. It's OK buddy, you can admit that.

This is a funny thread. Part of me thinks you're just messing with everybody by even comparing Cena to Hogan, but whatever.

Put Cena's biggest moments next to Hogan's, and you have your answer. Put Hogan's biggest matches next to Cena's, and you have your answer.

There really are maybe three guys you can even argue are bigger all-time than Hogan, and that's Austin, Rock, and Flair. Flair is probably a stretch, even.

Cena isn't comparable to any of them.

I know a lot of people on this board are younger and haven't had the full experience of witnessing guys like Hulk Hogan in their prime. If that's the case though, don't post idiotic threads like this. Leave it for older folks like me (35) who have been watching wrestling religiously since 1986 or longer. By the way, 1986 was a couple of years into Hulkamania so I didn't even witness it at its best all the way through.

I enjoyed Cena's match with Cesaro on Raw last week--it was one of Cena's best. I might even go on to say that he's a better in-ring worker than Hogan was. Still, he's no Hogan. Never was, never will be. He doesn't have IT like the Hulkster had.

Hulk was never my favorite either, for the record. Growing up, my guys were Bret Hart and Jake Roberts. Cena's not Bret, either. He's bigger than Jake was, but Jake was a superior talent to Cena, also.

This isn't even a question. Hogan made WWE and WCW. He's drawn the largest crowds in history, his career spans over two decades, Sports Illustrated, reality TV shows, movies, cartoons, his own video game and much more. He led wrestling to two boom periods while Cena is the top of one of wrestlings worst times. Oh and if you really think more non wrestling fans know John Cena over Hulk Hogan, you're not in reality....

The answers here are sure to be mixed, probably based on age and personal preference. As much as it pains me to say it, because I find him to be one of the biggest dicks going, Hulk Hogan was, is, and more than likely always will be the biggest known WWE superstar, or just professional wrestler, of all time. That includes being bigger than John Cena.

In regards to in-ring skills, John Cena edges out Hogan, but in all other aspects, it has to go to Hulk Hogan. He along with Mr McMahon transcended the WWE and wrestling into a mainstream form of entertainment. John Cena's run as the face of the WWE hasn't done anything significant really. He's probably sold a few more T-shirts, but in the grand scheme of things, that doesn't mean shit.

The basic argument will always be that without Hulk Hogan, there would have been no John Cena. That is true in the sense that wrestling would be completely different, but Cena may still have become a professional wrestler. He wouldn't be as close to fame, that's a fact.

In regards to age and perspective, I understand the argument, but to me, it means shit. Just because you didn't grow up watching Hulk Hogan and instead grew up watching John Cena doesn't mean you will side with Cena, nor should you feel obliged to. I heard a mention of Babe Ruth and how most still consider him the greatest. I was born after Metallica's big break, but they're still one of my favourite metal bands. Tampa Bay Buccaneers began the franchise way before I was born, and for some unknown reason, I support them. Wrestling should be no different really. My point here is that clearly people in today's age and from this generation appreciate only what's now and new, not what laid down the foundations for what we have today to be built on. Wrestling is just like that. Hogan will always be bigger than Cena, and I can say that even though I much prefer Cena.

I would like to start this post by saying, out of every wrestling superstar going, I have never had a dislike for any, like my dislike for hogan.

However, to try to argue that there has ever been a star bigger than hogan is...insanity. Hogan put wrestling on the map. He made it popular to those who would never watch. He was very thing in wrestling that made wrestling.

I can't stand the man, I just wish he'd disappear but he is...and always will be, the biggest star in WWE history.

This is just silly. Non Wrestling fans have no clue who John Cena is. It doesn't matter if you are a wrestling fan or if you are old or young, you know who Hulk Hogan is. The WWE didn't even announce that Hulk Hogan was going to be on Raw until the story broke on TMZ. The mainstream media reported that Hulk Hogan was coming back to Raw. Nobody cares if he even wrestles, just that he is there in the red and yellow. Only two wrestling personalities can get that type of attention... Hulk Hogan and The Rock. John Cena isn't even on the map.

The basic argument will always be that without Hulk Hogan, there would have been no John Cena. That is true in the sense that wrestling would be completely different, but Cena may still have become a professional wrestler. He wouldn't be as close to fame, that's a fact.

Possibly, but Cena himself has stated the Hulk Hogan is the reason he became a professional wrestler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back