• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jim Duggan: "I don't feel sorry for Scott Hall"

Lowdown

Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/255541-jim-duggan-on-scott-hall-qi-dont-feel-sorry-for-him-at-allq

Apparently Jim Duggan discusses the Scott Hall saga in his book. I'm sure a lot of fans feel the same way after all the stuff the Hall has done over the last decade. But what are your thoughts on Duggan's comments? He's no stranger to getting caught up in an alcohol or drug situation.

From these comments, it almost seems that he sounds a little bit bitter that Hall was a bigger star. But I'm trying not to read between the lines and accept it for what it is.

I'm a firm believer in the "you made your bed, now you have to lie in it," so I can see where Duggan's coming from. That said, I still feel bad for Hall.

I don't think Duggan is necessarily bitter towards Hall, just stating that if he were in Hall's position, he would've made the right choices.
Sure, Hall was bigger and more successful, but at least Duggan turns up on WWE programming at least once a year whereas now Hall is the laughing stock of the wrestling industry.

I think that's a bit shitty. I feel more sorry for Scott Hall than I do a lot of other people. It can be argued that he made a mistake, although excessive drinking and drug taking were rife when he was coming up, and obviously he was a part of that and found himself with an addiction problem after some time. Now, as the people who've seen the recent documentary will attest to, he's in a position where he's so bad that there's almost nothing he can do alone to help himself, and he needs to rely on people around him to look after him.

I feel sorry that his life has been marred by the poor decisions he made and that he has to live with that. What he's essentially saying is that he's not sorry to see someone more talented and successful throw that talent away when he would've fulfilled the same position without taking the same risks. I'm sorry, but the brunt of his decisions is already being felt, he doesn't need condemnation to make him feel any worse than he does. And he doesn't owe anybody anything, the only person he needs to answer to is himself, and I'm sure he does, every day.

Meh, just seems like another turd who wants to wave his opinion around like its important to anybody but himself. Should make an account on the forums.

Duggan's an idiot. Not much more to say.

You forgot "but he's right". How can you feel sorry for Scott Hall? Perhaps you can feel bad for whatever he may have experienced when he was younger, but he's 50 years old now. If he can't grow up and stay sober, he only has himself to blame. The WWE has paid for his rehabilitation, more than once I believe. He does only have himself to blame.

Duggan being an idiot was just a general observation. He's an idiot.

Do I feel bad for Hall? Yes. However, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm all that sympathetic. There's a difference. Maybe a minor difference, but it's there. I'm not directly enabling the guy, so I don't mind saying that.

Duggan is an idiot I agree but with that said he is dead on here. I don't feel bad for Scott Hall at all he's had a million opportunities to help and fix himself and he just refuses to and continues to drink and do drugs. I wouldnt be surprised to read that he died in a few years. I do feel bad for his family and kids because he must have been a horrible father and husband and they still have to deal with his crap even into his 50s. He is a pathetic excuse for a man.

I feel sorry for Hall in the way that its a tragic waste of talent, and that I never like to see someone I am a fan of struggle with their problems and addictions. He obviously wants to be clean, but just doesnt have the strength to do it.

But I have no sympathy, its a self inflicted problem that Hall did to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back