• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack Swagger's Next Opponent?

911 JP

Love the sig!
A question that is very difficult to answer. Who will gun for the World Heavy weight Championship? Here is a list of up coming PPVs..

Fatal Four Way
Money In The Bank
SummerSlam
Night of Champions
Hell in a Cell

Do you think Bigshow will get a rematch? I think he will be part of the Mainevent at Fatal 4 Way, but im not sure who else will mainevent and go for the title. I think keeping Rey out of the SOS will keep a maineventer on the table. But i also think that you could bet you ass that a Smackdown superstar will win Money in the bank. So what i want to know is who will mainevent Smackdown and gun for the WHC, her is a list that you could add to or take people off.

CM Punk
Rey Mysterio
Undertaker
Jack Swagger (when will he lose the title)
Christian
Kofi Kingston
Kane
MVP

Who Else?

Right now, the only sense to make would be letting Big Show get a re-match, because I really do feel that these two can get a great match going, which can truly build Jack Swagger, which Over The Limit sadly didn't succeed in doing, flunking hard, so I feel that WWE needs to continue Big Show vs Jack Swagger, eventually ending with Jack getting out on top.

Any of the other talent wouldn't really make sense to push into the main event scene just yet, the only one that could even remotely handle that situation would be Christian, and I really don't see WWE doing that, not yet to say the least, perhaps when Jack finishes his feud with Big Show (if that really does continue) I think that Christian could walk into the main event feud with Jack.

i think at fatal 4 way it will be big show swagger rey and maybe punk for the world title and have a fatal 4 way for #1 cont and have undertaker win and have taker swagger at summerslam, altho id like to see christian in teh main event and FINALLY get that world title run

Well with the Fatal 4 Way ppv coming up next month, I think that both world titles should be in that type of match. That said, yes keep Big Show in the title hunt, just add Christian and MVP. Kofi and McIntyre are feuding, and it seems Kane may team with Rey to beat the SES, so those are the biggest names I can think of to put into that title picture. It won't be Big Show vs Swagger alone, so it could possibly extend the feud to a third month, which is something that should be done. An extended program would go a lot further in the long run.

Big Show for sure should get a rematch given the DQ last night, but with the upcoming ppv, I guess that it should be under fatal 4 way rules and stipulations.

I think this could be an interesting time for smackdown, i mean they've got Show, Punk, Rey and Taker that have already held world titles, but then they've got guys who probably deserve a push to the top such as Kofi and Christian.
They could even see how some of the mid-carders do, people like Kane, Matt Hardy, MVP or Cody Rhodes.
Plus, i wouldn't mind seeing people like Dolph or Shad get a chance to show what they can do so there are plenty of options over the next few months.

I believe for the world title it will truly be at Fatal 4 Way-

Swagger vs Big Show vs ? vs ?

lol, i have no idea. But the options are:

Rey Mysterio
CM Punk
those two have been feuding and are likely to still feud for some reason or another

Kofi and Drew are likely to feud over the IC title at 4way

Fat Matt is likely to be involved in nothing or thrown into the IC picture

Christian and Ziggler are now feuding but may not be in the title scene

MVP is basically doing nothing

they could add Kane and MVP and turn MVP heel again by rehashing their old feud from a few years ago

I will go with Swagger vs Big Show vs Kane vs MVP

this should be the match because it is multilayered....think about it Swagger is still feuding with Show....he has also feuded with MVP which could easily setup the match......Big Show and Kane have also tagged and feuded so they will be allies.... MVP and Swagger have feuded last year....I think a swerve will happen with MVP turning heel because he will get eliminated by Kane....then you got Swagger and MVP vs Show and Kane on the following SD...MVP kicks it up a notch as a heel....Swagger eventually finishes with Show in some gimmick match at MITB and feuds with Taker at SummerSlam....or another option which doesnt seem likely is Swagger beating Show at MITB, only to lose to Christian who could cash in and lose the title, setting up a match at SummerSlam where Christian as a main eventer is finally realized...but what do i know...im not saying anything that you dont already know....

It's tough to say. Fatal four way is such a blessing cuz it allows for everyone who deserves a match to get one. We might even see fatal four way matches for the 2nd tier champs as well. But what will the WHC match look like? Good question. Obviously Swagger. Big Show is praqctically a lock as well. But the other two spots? I'm gonna say Christian will get one of those spots, because if you guys remember, he was on the original poster for this ppv. But will he win it? Of course not. Those in the know are aware of the plans for Swagger at summerslam. And the 4th man to me will most likely be Punk or Rey. But it really doesn't matter. Swagger ain't dropping that belt any time soon.

The most likely option is for Big Show to get a rematch. I think they will probably throw Rey and Punk into the fatal four way match, if their fued is going to continue.

The only problem that I have with Swagger vs Big Show is that I can never see Swagger getting a clean pinfall victory, purely because he can not use his finisher on Show.

WWE very rarely have people win without using a finisher, especially in title matches, and I don't want to see Swagger retain again through count out or DQ.

So either Swagger is going to get a new finisher (which he doesn't really need because he can use the powerbomb on anyone else, and it is a decent move) or these matches are going to get really boring, really quickly.

Big Show will defenitly get in the Fatal Four Way match. As for the other 2, I think Mysterio or Christian would get into it. The fourth one may seem stupid, but here it is. Drew McIntyre. Think about it. He lost his IC to Kingston, and it is known that Vince loves him. So why not bump him up? As much as I dislike him, he is a pretty good wrestler, and would do a much better job than Swagger as a heel champion. That's what I think the direction will be for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Big show will eventually get a rematch at fatal four way along with CM PUNK, and MVP like JBK said Kofi and MCINTYRE are feuding for the ic title so they wont really be invovled with the world title.

It will have to be show and swagger...the other 2 in the fatal4way I am going to say MVP and MacIntyre

Kofi just got the IC title....he won't be going right into the title picture now. MacIntyre and kofi could continue fueding, but this could be the way to throw MacIntyre into the ME. Another letter from VKM and just like that he is in the title picture.

I'll say MVP just to give him a push, and possibly an opening to turn heel again.

As much as i would love to see Christian challange it won't happen....think about it his last segment was with hornswaggle. If anything christian will be in a 4way for the IC title with kofi, dolph, and chavo.

Adding Kane to the Rey vs SES last night tells me this angle isn't over yet. This could make things interesting. Rey and punk have actual good matches, so I won't be upset if this goes on a little longer. the masked member hasn't been unveiled yet either. it just dosn't make sense to break this up yet just becasue they need two people to make a total of 4.

no one else on the roster seems like a candidtate just yet. The undertaker won't be used until healthy. Swagger is going to retain for a while imo, so having him continue winning at PPV's will add to his push as well as help elevate and push other superstars for future use. Having MVP/MacIntyre also gives someone for swagger to powerbomb for the win...

my first post ever hope it was ok...

At Four Way I don't think this will happen yet, but I would love to see Drew start fighting for the WHC. He doesn't need to get a rematch for the IC Title when he can move on to bigger and better things.

As far as guaranteed hits, I'm seeing Christian and MVP. MVP is already gaining a good level of momentum since coming to SmackDown and I'm thinking the little beef with Dolph Ziggler will end quickly in order for Christian to prepare for 4 Way. Big Show is going to be in the match guaranteed. They need the sure shot main eventer to help put over Swagger as champion. Though the match at OTL wasn't the best, the buildup to the match has really helped Swagger a lot. So I would like to see Big Show help continue it.

Jack Swagger vs. Big Show vs. Christian vs. MVP

Big Show will defenitly get in the Fatal Four Way match. As for the other 2, I think Mysterio or Christian would get into it. The fourth one may seem stupid, but here it is. Drew McIntyre. Think about it. He lost his IC to Kingston, and it is known that Vince loves him. So why not bump him up? As much as I dislike him, he is a pretty good wrestler, and would do a much better job than Swagger as a heel champion. That's what I think the direction will be for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Yeah I don't think Drew McIntyre is going to go for the World Heavyweight Championship yet. If you just seen, Matt Hardy just picked up each others feud. Now both of them should be in the Intercontinental Championship title picture. The world heavyweight championship should be with Jack Swagger, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, and CM Punk. And note, Drew McIntyre should not be WH champion because, Jack Swagger gets much more heat from the crowd. His promos seem to get better every week and his amateur style wrestling is much better then Drews style. At Fatal 4, I think Drew will be part of the IC title picture, involving Matt Hardy and Kofi KIngston and someone else. Thats how I see WWE do this PPV.

Right now, the only sense to make would be letting Big Show get a re-match

Yea it would be the most sensible thing to do, but the next PPV is fatal 4 way and thatwont be a fair way for Show to have a rematch. He will probably get a rematch on smackdown that he will undoubtly lose and then get moved into the fatal 4 way match, that would be a typical WWE move.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

He beat the Big Show as we all know by DQ at Over The Limit. Now at Fatal 4 Way who do you think the challenger(s) will be for his title. As I reckon it'll be a fatal 4 way I think that since the Undertaker is coming back to smackdown on Friday that he will be one of the challengers, also the Big Show simply because he lost by DQ. And tbh I cannot think of who would fit the other gap. So you've heard my view so lets hear yours....

Well, according to the main page, Rey "I like to make other people look like bitches and shave them bald so they are absolutely horrible looking" Mysterio is taking time off, so if I had to pick, my guess would be something along the lines of Swagger, :undertaker2:, Show, and CM Punk. Filling in Punk's role could be someone like McIntyre or Christian or, hell, even Kofi. I think Punk is the most likely choice though, and if that's the case the match may or may not be good, solely on the fact that Swagger vs. Show was horrible, and CM Punk is bald. Why did they do that. Fucking masked midgets, using their handcuffs and their Kanes. FUCK! But Punk could continue on with Rey, or possibly feud with Kane, which would leave the spot open to probably Christian, as I see McIntyre feuding with Kofi or continuing his feud with Matt. But still, Punk seems like the most likely option.

Well Big Show should be pretty obvious, as he won the match via DQ at Over the Limit, so he should be entitled to another shot. If Taker is coming back on Friday you have to think he will be involved in the title picture. For the final spot I'll have to pick Mysterio. I'm assuming with Kane's involvement at the end of the Punk/Rey match that we are in line for a Punk/Kane program. I doubt Christian is in it, as he looks to be working with Ziggler and Hardy and McIntyre are going to have to have a match to end their feud. Kofi could take the spot, but I'm thinking he gets involved in the Hardy/McIntyre saga. So Mysterio, Taker, and Show make the most sense to face off against Swagger at Fatal 4 Way.

It would make sense for Big Show to get a re-match but the next PPV is Fatal 4 Way. He may get one on SD, won by Swagger of course. Just realised that is pretty much what 911 JP said, oh well.
Christian looks to be entering a feud with Dolph Ziggler and/or the Guerreos. So I don't see him in it (but it should be a good feud).
Kofi Kingston is now IC champion, so no I don't see him there either. No idea who he's going to feud with for it if Drew McIntyre is occupied with Matt Hardy (Cody Rhodes, maybe?).
Drew McIntyre is a possibility. However, he has competed against two main eventers (Show and Taker) and been crushed by both of them. May be lacking legitimacy to play with the big boys.
Undertaker is supposed to be returning this week. A dead cert. He is the Undertaker after all.
To me MVP isn't at that level yet, all he has done on SD is team with Mysterio.
Mysterio is supposed to be taking time off, so I don't think he will be in it.
CM Punk has just finished a feud so this could be a new angle for him. However, Punk is best in personal feuds not associated with a title (Mysterio, Hardy) so I don't think he needs it. He should just carry on with the SES.

I'm gonna go Swagger Vs Undertaker Vs The Big Show Vs CM Punk/Drew McIntyre

The thing to remember is the particapants are selected through qualifiers, so it is much more unpredictable than if Teddy Long just said who was in the match (if that makes sense).

He'll probably continue his feud with Show for a little longer. They'll add some midcarders into the mix until Summerslam rolls around. That's more than likely when his feud with Undertaker will start. I would like to see him lay out everyone until than and really cement himself as the top dog on Smackdown. Then when Taker is ready to return they'll start rolling some vignettes like they usually do and hype the return. They should definitely keep the two out of the same ring for a while to add to the big time fight feel that they match deserves.

If they were to bring Taker back sooner and have them compete against each other before SS than the match at the pay per view wouldn't have the impact it could otherwise. Much like the Cena/Batista match was a while ago.It had a great atmosphere to the match because we didn't know what to expect. Now it's a little different because Taker and Swagger have already wrestled but if they were to book Jack properly leading up to SS it would seem like a fresh new matchup. I really love the big one on one, no gimmick needed matches on the bigger cards. It has an old school feel to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back