• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack Swagger, the future of the WWE

Crush1

Getting Noticed By Management
Originally Posted by WrestleZone.com For those wondering why Jack Swagger (Jack Hager) smiles all the time, that's something Vince McMahon suggested as he thinks heels smile. Management sees Swagger as this generation's "Mr Perfect".

Jack Swagger is the All American American wrestler and currently on an undefeated streak in ECW. I have a lot of hope for this young superstar. He's currently the hottest thing in ECW and he has earned a title opurtunity against Matt Hardy. Swagger is young, athletic, entertaining and he can wrestle really well. Some people have even compared him to the next Kurt Angle.

But anyways what do you think about Swagger being this generation's Mr Perfect? If Vince likes him then he'll become a big main eventer in the future. So what's your opinion about Swagger?

Jack SWAGGAH (quote Striker!) is no Mr. Perfect, but he's got good wrestling skills and a pretty unique look. His gimmick makes no sense though...if he's the All-American American (although Striker did a pretty good job of explaining it last Tues, yeah I'll stop the Striker shills now) why not at least have SOMETHING American there? Ah well, at least he has Noble's old badass theme.

They need to put him on the mic so we can start making sense out of his gimmick and the marks and smarks can decide whether or not he's "good." I can see him becoming a pretty good heel, he's definitely got the ring skills and the look, but gotta see how good he's on the mic before.

I don't get why most people don't think he's capable of being the next Mr.Perfect. He's only had 3 matches by my count and I like him. He's the "All-American American" and in time he could be better than Brock at mat wrestling. He definantly has the good looks like Perfect, so why not give him a chance.

Yeah, it's too early to tell, but I doubt he'll be the next "Mr. Perfect". And really I dont think he would want to be stuck in the midcard he's whole life. I think he has the right look and personality too pull of a gimmick like Mr. Perfect, but I think they shouldn't blatantly make him like Curt, just make him have some apsects of the character. If you 100% model him after Mr. Perfect the comparisons will end up hurting him.

From the match I saw this past week he looked dreadful. Hell, the squash guy he wrestled against looked just as good and that's not a compliment to the enhancement talent. I honestly couldn't tell who was the jobber. Besides the very apparent lack of personality, I saw nothing in the ring that would warrant his name being in the same paragraph let alone sentence as Curt Henning's. The guy's greener than grass and needs a heck of a lot more time in FCW.

From the match I saw this past week he looked dreadful. Hell, the squash guy he wrestled against looked just as good and that's not a compliment to the enhancement talent. I honestly couldn't tell who was the jobber. Besides the very apparent lack of personality, I saw nothing in the ring that would warrant his name being in the same paragraph let alone sentence as Curt Henning's. The guy's greener than grass and needs a heck of a lot more time in FCW.

Jack Swagger is probably the only one besides Heath Miller with the charisma to get called up to the main roster. ECW is only 1 hour so to have a good match when your new isn't exactly easy. Remeber it was a squash match, so he had what would be regularly be 2 minutes long, into 50 seconds. After he gets done his apparent feud with Jobber Dreamer I expect to see him show up on SD!. He has the ability to become Mr.Perfect if creative goes somewhere with this guy.

Well it is too soon to tell whether he's the next Mr. Perfect or not. I so far have been pretty impressed with him since his debut. In my opinion he's made more of an impact than Ricky Ortiz has. I'd like for him to get on the mic a little so they can start developing his character. I think he has a bright future ahead of him for sure.

I'm sorry...Mr. Perfect!

Let me make a comparison.
Curt Henning had...
Charisma, Character, wrestling style & ability, mic & promo skills and was proven long before the moniker as a solid wrestler.

Jack Swagger has...
shown limited ability in the ring, no mic skills (so far), no character or charisma and his rep from FCW is unknown for the most part.

Let us all be honest that if this young man does have the talents necessary the WWE needs to explore his character and to be honest attacking guys like Tommy Dreamer and having an overly used finishing maneuver are not the answer.

The WWE needs future superstars to eventually replace the ones who will retire, Jack Swagger can only be the next generation if he is packaged and promoted to the public in the right way, but becoming the next Mr.Perfect is not the answer.

Swagger, too early to make abitious comparasins with a past great, but as much I have seen of him, I like him.

True he hasn't been allowed to speak yet, so his mic skills are still a bit of a mystery.
True he's only ever worked a squash match, so his match storytelling ability has yet to be seen.

Heres what I do like about him. He has what Vince likes to call, "the right look". He's huge, athletic, has that traditional blond hair that wrestlers used to have plus his smile.
He has pulled of a lot of great classic wrestling moves, the ones you rarely see any more, gutwrench powerbombs and overhead belly suplexes the like.
He doesn't seem to have a confidence problem, and has that amateur background which commentators like to keep telling you about.... and he hasn't botched a move yet.
Kofi Kingston showed as much in his first three weeks.

Like I said, I am in no way comparing him to a hall of famer, but theres wrestlers on the roster who are worse, so he at least deserves 5 minutes on ECW. I was unimpressed with his tag match last week, but at least its some experience with seasoned veteran Tommy D.

I can't get into his character, he just makes no sense to me. Having a white smile will not make people stand up and take notice. He has looked like someone who is 7/10 in everything, while not excelling in any field - Not sure whether that is a help or a hinderance. I can see him being a very reliable guy if he continues, but he does not seem to have that "it" factor about him.

The only 2 things I have liked so far are the way MS says his name and his finishing move - Which just looks awesome, I'd like for him to prove me wrong as ECW could always do with more good wrestlers, but early impressions are a little bit underwhelming.

Had a VERY good match with Dreamer last night. Displayed very good dexterity, and good heel phsycology. This kid is immensely green right now, but DAMN does he looks like he has every fuckin tool in the book to be huge. I sort of lost a little faith after the shit promo they had him cut, but after this week, my faith is restored. VERY good match, and fine charisma. He needs to get more mic time, be more disrespectfull to the old gaurd, all of that. The wwe would benefit greatly from putting this guy into a feud with Hardy, as soon as the program with Dreamer ends. You may say he is too new, too green, but what would benefit the WWE more?? more feuding with fucking Mark Henry and Chavo?? fuck no. what would be more entertaining for us fans?? Henry and Chavo?? fuck no. Let swagger learn, and become more over thru a short ECW title program. I dont think he should win it, just a short feud.

Someone please get him a heel manager, that mic work last night was horrible. He repeatedly stumbled over himself. If they want to prep him to be something great hes gonna need a mouthpiece. His in ring work is good but to have his first major feud be with the resident jobber is a bad sign

I agree with the OP on Swagger and on the way WWE have "built" him up, he lacks any charisma and reminds me of Jaws off of James Bond! The guys boring and nothing like Mr Perfect. Mr Perfect had charisma, Swagger does'nt have any.WWE allways wastes guys whilst working in squash matches at the beginning of their careers, they do not ever put any of the debutees in difficult matches or matches that you'd think would be a challenge. If they did that it would get them over with the fans and also earn them some respectability. I personally hate the gimmick, its not the fact of it being annoying because he's a heel but its just him. He seems like a freak, its just like watching paint dry whenever he is on my TV screen.

He really hasn't shown too much yet, but lets be honest here though he has only been around for around 8-10 weeks and hasn't really landed on is feet yet. Although I'll be the first to agree, he has shown zero charisma and couldn't scare a fly with his voice. He does really need a manager though and quick.

I'd like to add more to this but he really hasn't been around long enough to be shown as a serious threat.

This guy grows on me every time that I see him. The name is perfect, the look is perfect, and maybe the character is based on Mr. Perfect. Perfect was in a way the all american wrestler. Good at any sport he tried, confident as hell about it, and could go in the ring. I'm interested to see where they go with him and pray they don't just feed him to Hardy. He's not championship material as of yet, but given another 5-6 months at the rate he's going I could definitely see him with some gold. He just has that package about him that reminds me of Hennig so much, and there's not a damn thing bad about that. Given time, he could be something very special indeed.

Something i noticed about Jack Swagger is, is that he is a very good heel. He seems to actually get under peoples skin in a funny way. When he was appearing to his theme tune on the last episode of ECW he got afew boos but also people wondering "who the heel is this guy?" I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing but it certainly shows he is ruffling a few feathers amongst fans. His in ring antics before the match are very cheesy, doing that sweep thing towards the crowd is stupid and makes him look incredibly wierd.

Swagger has grown on me a lot. I love his very technical wrestling style. Reminds me of Angle. While hes not amazing on the mic, he has gotten better these past couple of weeks. The smile was a great addition to his character. It's such a heelish smile it works great for him. I think in a few months he will definitely be ready for a ecw championship run. If the WWE builds him slow and right i can see him becoming a future main eventer.

I just got done watching ECW, and I don't know if I am the only one to voice this, but Swagger seems very unsure and sloppy in the ring. The Six Man Tag was a perfect compare/contrast in styles -- compare Swagger to Nitro or even Miz. It's clear that Nitro and Mizanin are solid workers to whom you could trust your body. When Swagger shoved Kofi off the turnbuckle, I thought he fucked the spot up. I was legitimately concerned for Kofi's well-being, waiting for the ref to throw up the 'X.'

Another thing is Swagger's look. I don't know what it is about him but it just bothers me. Not in the good way, either. He doesn't get under my skin as a heel, he just annoys me as a person. Maybe that's the desired goal. I think he needs to be saddled with a manager, just to give him that "old school" feel he seems to be striving so desperately for. I think the character and idea itself are founded solidly, it isn't being carried out very well, though. But again, I could be wrong.

I will say that DJ Gabriel grew on me a lot faster than Swagger has... and DJ's been around, what, three weeks? Eh well, to each his own, right?

My newest appeal to the masses of the greatness of Jack Swagger, after seeing him live in person for the first time.

Azrael, I already very much respect your opinion in your short time on this site, but I couldnt disagree more, seeing the same match you did, but live in person. I couldnt have BEEN more pleased with Swagger's preformance. Everything looked good, close, and was sold well. If anything, he is already a superior worker to Morisson. I know thats not going to be a popular opinion around these parts, but its the truth. Ive seen Morrison no less than four times lives, and his work is contrived and telegraphed. it feels like your at the ballet. Not so with Swagger, everything was spot-on, and he seemed to have the awareness of a veteran at the end of the match. None of you saw it, becuase they edited it out of the ECW broadcast, but Ricky Ortiz botched the finish so badly, you wouldve belived he could fuck up a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. Swagger new EXACTLY what to do to try and cover for him, and didnt hesitate in the least to try and save it. I found that most impressive of all.

Im telling you guys, and I will keep saying it. This guy has it ALL. Size, looks, charisma, natural ability. His promo's sound a little nervous, but he is new, give it time. He is already superior to Shelton on that regard and people have been on his nuts for YEARS.

Jack Swagger is the damn future. I belive this now more than ever after seeing him work in person.

You're more than welcome to disagree, man. I welcome an exchange of ideas any day of the week.

I also think that that may have been the problem for me - watching an edited broadcast. From where I sat, it appeared to be as I stated. I will say that I am of the same opinion as you on Ortiz -- if anything, he looked far less secure in the ring than Swagger (again, from my pov).

I do hope you're right though. I'd love for "this generation" to have a Mr. Perfect (esque) level performer.

I am, of course, always willing to give every superstar a chance. Might just have to check out a live show and see him for myself.

It is way too early for me, personally, to put him on that high of a pedestal, but everything about him at the moment just screams "STAR" to me. I thoroughly expect 2009 to be his breakout year.

Fuckin A man. Jack SwaggAH is the SHIT. The guys got it all. Good vocals for so early in his career. A good look, a PERFECT gimmick. The All American American sounds stupid but he can pull that fucker off so well it doesnt matter. That grin is by far one of the things that makes you want to scream at your tv and throw it out the window. He needs to work on his timing a bit. But thats about it. Fucking god he is soo young and has a world of potential. Give him time guys. You will see that this dude means business.

Jack Swagger has a ton of potential. From when he debuted, I knew this guy had some talent. His gimmick is known as the "All American American". It's a great gimmick that is very memorable. He certainly has the look of a superstar and does look fairly unique with the blonde hair. His name "Jack Swagger" is simple and basic, but it's good. I hope he doesn't change his name like many others have done Eg. Johnny Nitro.

His mic skills seem to be fairly good, but there is still a lot of room for improvement but for a rookie, he's pretty damn good on the mic. I love his in ring work the best though. His matches with Dreamer were quite good and Tommy rarely ever produces good matches. But the best thing about Swagger is his current push. I love when rookies debut on ECW and begin to work their way up. Kofi Kingston and CM Punk are a success, and they both started on ECW before being drafted to Raw.

Jack Swagger is in a similar position to Ted DiBiase Jr and Cody Rhodes as I think all 3 men have potential to be the next great things if they all improve at the fast rate that they are currently going. Jack Swagger is all green right now. He's already got all the basic tools, he just needs to improve both in the ring and on the mic and needs the right push if he were to leave ECW to try to become a true star. I'll call it right now in saying that this man is a future star in the WWE.

After seeing Swagger in action for a month i've come to the conclusion that he wil be a main eventer. This guy has it all! he really reminds me of Kurt Angle, but Kurt was an olympic wrestler, Swagger is like a young, cocky, strong jock. He has the looks, the moves, the gimmick to make it big. I really hope the WWE will pull the trigger and let him feud with Hardy. But mark my words this kid is silver but he will be gold

I really havent seen alot of Jack Swagger lately. ECW has been so boring that i can't stand to watch it. Swagger's really the only bright spot of the entire brand. He should be ECW champion right NOW. He's an great talent and can get people interesed in ECW again. If he doenst win the ECW title i'd like to see him win the United States title. That would go along with his "All American , American" gimmick. A feud with Shelton Benjamin over the U.S title would be a bright spot on smackdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back