It's not Michaels/Janetty....It's Triple H/Michaels...

nbieclkl91

Quote the Raven, nevermore.
What does my title mean you ask? Well let me explain...

For the past year and a bit, I've heard people talk about who is the Shawn Michaels, and who is the Marty Janetty between The Miz and John Morrison. Well, I'm here to say something that is probably going to make people flip shit....John Morrison is the "Shawn Michaels!"

Now before everyone starts giving me bad rep, let me explain. John Morrison is the "Shawn Michaels" because The Miz is "Triple H". Let me explain...

Back in the days before DX, Triple H and Shawn Michaels had very different careers. Shawn Michaels was winning numerous championships while Triple H had his little Hunter Hearst Helmsley gimmick going....Then they finally teamed up and became DX (which was very successful) and both boomed into the main picture. Triple H really wasn't important before DX turned him into what he is today. Anyways, after DX split, Triple H went on to win multiple titles such as the Intercontinental, WWF/WWE, World Heavyweight, Tag Titles, etc and is now a 13 time world champion and one of the most popular superstars in the history of the WWE. Shawn Michaels on the otherhand, didn't win near as many titles as Triple H but still remained very popular with the crowd and is still today, one of the most loved superstars ever.

Here's the big shocker....The Miz & Morrison's careers have been pretty much the same so far! Before they were a team, Morrison had won numerous titles such as, Intercontinental, Tag Team, ECW and was very popular. The Miz on the other hand, wasn't. Together, they won multiple tag titles and then split. Morrison went on to win an Intercontinental Title, while miz won The tag titles, US title, and now the WWE title. Here's the thing...Both superstars are still very popular and over with the crowd in their own sense.

So enough of this comparing Miz & Morrison to Shawn Michaels & Marty Janetty and let's start looking at them as the next Triple H & Shawn Michaels!

Again, let me know what you think.

I don't see how you can make this comparison, because both Triple H and Shawn Michaels are considered to be legends in pro wrestling. Also, HBK was already established as a big player in the main event picture long before Triple H. They didn't boom in the main event picture together because of DX, and HBK might have won more world titles, but the infamous back injury kept him on the shelf for years.

Miz is currently the WWE Champion, and he has won some other championships in the past, but he is no where near the legendary level of Triple H and Shawn Michales right now, and he might not ever get there. I'm not saying he won't be a regular in the main event picture as time goes on, but HBK and Triple H are huge names, and reaching their level of star power isn't easy to do. Morrison might get his world title push. He might. But things aren't looking that way right now. Seeing both members of a tag team reach elite status is very rare or it just never happens. That's why the Janetty/Michaels comparisons are thrown around. One guy might sky rocket to the top, and the other will just fade away into obscurity.

There's no way to tell if this is coincidence or a repeat of history, yet, but I do see where you're coming from. I've always thought that Morrison and Michaels had a connection when Miz & Morrison feuded with DX a couple years ago. So maybe you're right, cause I can really see both Miz and Morrison having really big careers in the WWE.

Mitch Henessey...Do you not watch WWE? lol Neither of them are fading away. The Miz is champ and Morrison is getting a push somewhere into the mainevent. I never once said they are established legends so I don't know where you got that idea. All I'm saying is they should be compared to Triple H & Shawn Michaels rather then Shawn Michaels & Marty Janetty. Don't just disagree with someone for the sake of disagreeing...

you actually have a point here. but the thing is until Jomo is pushed and wins the big one, then no, they are still not equal, he is still under the shadow of the miz. i think he is being built slowly though, his feud with sheamus hopefully takes him to a better level. not to be out of topic but, what ever did happen to morrison's mic skills? was he not a decent talker when he was a heel? the dirt sheet and when he was ecw champ? i wonder if its the case of a bad script being written for him or its just that he was never good in the first place on the mic. its a shame the guy is a talent and he is over, just that one missing link

I have to agree with Mitch Henessy on this.

IMO, I think what you fail to appreciate when making the comparison is this - the standing Michaels was in with the WWE from late 94 till early 97. From late '95 to early '97 Michaels would elicit a Cena type reception whenever his music hit, in fact on some occasions the crowd would scream throughout the match. In 96 I would think he was the Face of the company, and probably the first true superstar in a long time, and all this mind you was before DX and HHH. He was THE Superstar for a year, and once you reach that status, you're pretty much set - case in point - HBK never needing to hold a title to get credibility post 2002.

The JoMo/Miz situation, should JoMo fade away/have less success, would be akin to the Michaels/Jannety situation, and should JoMo/Miz both succeed it would that be akin to the HBK/HHH situation. Let me state here in no unclear terms, HHH at his best, was as big as HBK, but never better. In support I cite WWF circa '96, when Michaels was Cena-like. Yeah I know, but I couldn't think of any other reference point that would be relevant at present time, lol.

So, looking at the above, Michaels as JoMo? No mate, not even close :)

Mitch Henessey...Do you not watch WWE? lol Neither of them are fading away. The Miz is champ and Morrison is getting a push somewhere into the mainevent. I never once said they are established legends so I don't know where you got that idea. All I'm saying is they should be compared to Triple H & Shawn Michaels rather then Shawn Michaels & Marty Janetty. Don't just disagree with someone for the sake of disagreeing...

Yes. I do watch WWE. I watch Raw every week, and I haven't missed an episode in years. How is Morrison getting a push somewhere into the main event? Does that even sound right to you? Has he won a MITB briefcase? Has he had any WWE Championship matches recently? You keep saying they should be compared HHH and HBK, but both of those guys went on to achieve great success. That's why I tried to explain the Janetty/Michaels comparisons, and I never said Morrison was fading away. I said he might get to the main event. I have a different point of view. That's why I disagreed with you. I didn't just do it for fun.

I look at Miz and Morrison as being akin to Edge and Christian more than the Rockers or HHH-HBK. I think that might be the more apt comparison, both for what they did prior to splitting and what they've done since the split (minus anyone going to TNA).

I honestly dont see the comparison, honestly. Look, the Jannetty/Michaels comparison is thrown around all the time, its an analogy. Rey used that to reference Devon on IMpact, and neither is worth anything as singles wrestlers.

HHH and HBk are living legends in this business. Miz and Morrison have both had nice little careers so far, but neither is close to being at the level of comparison to HBK and Hunter. HBK and HHH were also established players and champions BEFORE they formed DX, and you can't say the same about BOTH Miz and Morrison.

Miz has had a great year, including two US titles, another tag championship, and the WWE Championship. But that hardly puts him near the same level as HHH. He hasnt exactly come across as a dominant champion the way Hunter always has to as of yet. It may just be me, but I see Miz as a transitional champion who will be able to shuffle in between the mid-card and the main event as needed. And theres nothing wrong with that, but that hardly puts him at the level of HHH.

As for Morrison, hes yet to even get a main event push, yet alone win a World Title. HBK used his IC title matches and reigns as a springboard for his transition into the main event. Morrison has had a nice career as well so far, but I have a hard time saying "he's Shawn Michaels" when hes yet to win a World Title or even compete for one on PPV. It's a good theory, but neither are established enough that they couldnt fall off within the next year and never be heard from again.

I don't see how you can make this comparison, because both Triple H and Shawn Michaels are considered to be legends in pro wrestling. Also, HBK was already established as a big player in the main event picture long before Triple H. They didn't boom in the main event picture together because of DX, and HBK might have won more world titles, but the infamous back injury kept him on the shelf for years.

Miz is currently the WWE Champion, and he has won some other championships in the past, but he is no where near the legendary level of Triple H and Shawn Michales right now, and he might not ever get there. I'm not saying he won't be a regular in the main event picture as time goes on, but HBK and Triple H are huge names, and reaching their level of star power isn't easy to do. Morrison might get his world title push. He might. But things aren't looking that way right now. Seeing both members of a tag team reach elite status is very rare or it just never happens. That's why the Janetty/Michaels comparisons are thrown around. One guy might sky rocket to the top, and the other will just fade away into obscurity.

Damn Mitch you said pretty much everything I was going to say lol. I wouldn't compare them to DX in anyway. I doubt either Miz or Morrison will reach the legendary status of HHH and HBK, but anything is possible. The Janetty/Michaels comparisons are more likely, but unfair in my opinion. Morrison has already accomplished way more and has had way more success than Janetty ever did.

If I were to pick a team to compare them to it would be Edge and Christian. Both of them have had great success. Miz being in Edge's role being a multiple time WHC. Morrison in the same spot as Christian a great upper mid carder. That deserves to be WHC, but never gets his chance.

It's still early in both of their careers to tell which one will be the bigger star in the long run. Right now it looks like it will be The Miz, but that could change.

Triple H/HBK, Edge/Christian, Jeff Hardy/Matt Hardy...It doesn't really matter. All I'm trying to get across is that they are not Michaels/Janetty. Again, I NEVER said they are legends or even close to Triple H/HBK's status. I said the way their careers are playing out is "SIMILAR" to the story of HHH/HBK.

I can understand what the OP is saying. I can also understand everyone elses point of view. If anyone is the next HBK/ Janetty it will probably be The Hart Dynasty, but that is probably another topic.

Could it be to early to tell which of the Dirt Sheet duo is which?

I know HBK went on a huge roll after he split with Janetty, some could say so has the Miz (US, Tag and WWE titles - all within 2 years of them splitting up). HBK didn't even do that, took him til at least 94 I think to win the WWE title.

JoMo could get twice as many WWE/ WHC title reigns than the Miz come the end of his career, this feud with Sheamus may be the start of his path to WM27, then again it may not.

Time will tell.

I'll give it to you for now given it has been similar, but you cant compare them to HBK/HHH in a sense of they arent on that level yet. Morrison hasnt reached legend status which means Miz hasnt definately, and he's only just won his first title. Why I could point that out as a flaw since HBK won the WWE belt before Hunter though Morrison won a World title, despite who thinks what the ECW title will ALWAYS be a World title, they flicked that switch on and off but its a World title. Show has won all three major WORLD titles between the top three wrestling companies, so they recognized it as a World title, and despite them putting it on a lower level later it doesnt change what the belt means, is and its history. It was and will always be a World title, it's got the same lineage as the original belt because it is the original belt

Just wanted to put that out there before someone said otherwise, but I'll say this. HBK is better and always will be better than HHH as hard a pick as that is they are close but HBK & Taker are still above HHH in a sense of their legend status and I think some ppl will get what I mean by that. Another flaw I could point out is Morrison hasnt been out 4years with an injury

But, Morrison is the closest thing we have to HBK. And I saw Drew the first time in July of last year in a dark match, instantly reminded me of HHH, and I knew he'd be something, later Vince endorsed him. He may have fell off but that means something still to this day, I felt it watching him in a dark match, Vince backed him on-air and this guy will be successful heavily in the future. A World title comes his way in 1 year and 9 months, mark that down

Also Morrison will get his push sooner. These two will never be HBK & HHH but they are the closest we have as far as other reasons are concerned. Drew really looks like a young Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Morrison has always come off as the HBK of this generation like Punk would be the Y2J NOT Miz, and so forth

I think that an important point that needs to be mentioned here is that DX were never a tag team. When DX originally started out HBK was a main eventer and Triple H was a midcarder. And they happened to be friends. That is all there is to it. Both of them were looking to make it big in their respective divisions rather than compete for the tag team gold. The Rockers were a genuine tag team just like Miz and Morrison were and that is why the two of them are compared rather than being compared to DX.

Whatever else I wanted to say has been said by Mitch Henessey already so I do not need to go over those things again.

This is almost laughable. Shawn Michaels and Triple H shouldn't be put in the position of being the "replacement" of Michaels and Jannetty.

Triple H and Shawn Michaels both have Hall of Fame careers. They're two of the bigger names in the history of the business. They'll be the guys you remember for years to come, and will be seeing comparisons in (Like how Triple H during his first year in WCW had people seeing a little bit of Harley Race and Ric Flair in him). And Shawn Michaels being on a level of his own.

However Michaels and Jannetty are two very different guys in terms of how they will be remembered. Marty and Shawn will always be remembered as the bigger talent vs the guy that never really got anywhere beyond the mid-card. Triple H and Shawn Michaels can't be said the same for, because they both are very accomplished and both have major legacies.

And really while it's obvious that Shawn Michaels was the bigger talent of the two, it's hardly that big of a difference that you can use them to compare future tag team guys when they split. You can't say Miz / Morrison is the next Triple H / Shawn Michaels situation, because you can't be assured that both will have as tremendous success. Yet it's already proven that a lot of the lesser talented tag team guys accomplishes less than the other one, meaning they get the Jannetty legacy, where as the bigger talent gets the "Shawn Michaels" legacy.

This is almost laughable. Shawn Michaels and Triple H shouldn't be put in the position of being the "replacement" of Michaels and Jannetty.

Triple H and Shawn Michaels both have Hall of Fame careers. They're two of the bigger names in the history of the business. They'll be the guys you remember for years to come, and will be seeing comparisons in (Like how Triple H during his first year in WCW had people seeing a little bit of Harley Race and Ric Flair in him). And Shawn Michaels being on a level of his own.

However Michaels and Jannetty are two very different guys in terms of how they will be remembered. Marty and Shawn will always be remembered as the bigger talent vs the guy that never really got anywhere beyond the mid-card. Triple H and Shawn Michaels can't be said the same for, because they both are very accomplished and both have major legacies.

And really while it's obvious that Shawn Michaels was the bigger talent of the two, it's hardly that big of a difference that you can use them to compare future tag team guys when they split. You can't say Miz / Morrison is the next Triple H / Shawn Michaels situation, because you can't be assured that both will have as tremendous success. Yet it's already proven that a lot of the lesser talented tag team guys accomplishes less than the other one, meaning they get the Jannetty legacy, where as the bigger talent gets the "Shawn Michaels" legacy.

It's not laughable.

I agree with the OP on some points but Michaels was already an established main eventer before they formed DX so I wouldn't compare him to Miz exactly. I can see where you're coming from as it pertains to Morrison and HHH. After Shawn retired, HHH was the leader of DX but he was still a midcarder for a year and a half. Each has had their own great matches for the IC title. These next few months are important for Morrison to see if he can be the next main event face alongside Cena and Orton. I can see similarities between Morrison and HHH more than I can HBK and The Miz.

It's not laughable.

I agree with the OP on some points but Michaels was already an established main eventer before they formed DX so I wouldn't compare him to Miz exactly. I can see where you're coming from as it pertains to Morrison and HHH. After Shawn retired, HHH was the leader of DX but he was still a midcarder for a year and a half. Each has had their own great matches for the IC title. These next few months are important for Morrison to see if he can be the next main event face alongside Cena and Orton. I can see similarities between Morrison and HHH more than I can HBK and The Miz.

I'm not using Shawn and Triple H / Miz and Morrison as a comparison of the two. I'm just saying that the accomplishments of Miz and Morrison, as well as any other tag team in the past 10 years + has been very Marty Jannetty / Shawn Michaels like. The tag teams of the past 10 years haven't been tag teams that split up and both became massive talents and world champions. Hardy Boyz = Jeff Hardy was Shawn Michaels. E&C = Edge was Shawn Michaels. There's no Triple H in these equations.

Therefore it has to be Shawn Michaels / Marty Jannetty. Not Shawn Michaels / Triple H.

I can see where the OP is trying to go with this but I simply don't buy into the analogy. In order for Miz & Morrison to be branded with a "Triple H/Shawn Michaels" it means that they'd both have to be on a similar level and, overall, I simply haven't seen that.

The WWE has groomed The Miz for the main event scene really since becoming United States Champion last October. They've kept him visual, relevant and given him time on Raw each and every week to go out there and do his thing. They even made him co-holder of the tag titles simultaneously before eventually going on to win MITB and now he's the WWE Champion. John Morrison has had a few very good months as of late on Raw, but there's still quite a ways to go with him. JoMo has always been firmly planted within the mid-card scene in the WWE. He's a multi-time Intercontinental Champion, former ECW Champion, multi-time tag team champ but he's never really quite gotten over that hump that's kept him out of the main event picture. Maybe his latest push is the one that he's been waiting for but only time'll tell.

The whole "I'm the Shawn Michaels and you're the Marty Jannetty" bit has been used to describe wrestlers that've had vastly different careers. Shawn Michaels is among the overall best wrestlers of his generation, maybe the overall best. He's a multi-time World Champion, he's had epic feuds and many of his matches are the stuff that legends are made of. Marty Jannetty is the guy that Michaels used to be tag team partners with, his overall success in wrestling is forever tied to Michaels and he's faded into relative obscurity and mediocrity without Shawn Michaels. Triple H & Michaels are huge name main eventers that've done it all and are HOF bound. Just doesn't make as fun of an analogy as Michaels & Jannetty when comparing the careers of two wrestlers.

I definately see where alot of you are coming from. Miz and Morrison are no where close to Triple H and HBK's status...But I never said that. I said their careers before and after The "Dirt Sheet Duo" are more similar to HHH & HBK rather then HBK & Janetty. The Miz is clearly the more superior (for lack of a better word) superstar but Morrison hasn't completely gone away. He's been getting pushed with this fued with Sheamus and still looks to have a fairly bright future with WWE. Just for the record, pretty much everybody said that Miz would be the "Janetty" when they first split...Look at him now...

I hate to bust in on the Mitch Hennessey weiner kissing festival I am reading here, but only Miz & Morrison have pubically compared themselves to Michaels & Jannetty.

This caused the IWC to compare them as well.

But Mitch is right. Neither one of these guys is a "Jannetty". That is a given and does not to be stated over and over and over again as I have read. We can compare them to DX. We can also compare them to 2 Man Powertrip. Also, Too Cool and The Beverly Brothers. We can even compare them to the Steiner Bros. If we really want we can compare them to my 2 dogs.

My point is is that Miz/Morrison is/were their own team. You can compare anyone to anyone but nobody is or will ever be DX. The thing with Jannetty is that "You're the Jannetty" is a phrase meaning that person is the weaker of the two in terms of starpower.

Jannetty was a hell of a wrestler, but had the charisma as most of you IWC. A fucking brick. When they or anyone says "You're the Jannetty" they are not saying you wrestle like Marty Jannetty or you dress like Jannetty. It is a kayfabe derogatory statement that says I am better than you.

That is all it is. That is all it should be. That is all it can be.

So please, stop with the "oh they have similar/different career paths" and the "he's not like Jannetty, he's like [insert any fucking wrestlers name]"

i agree with the OP 100% that there is no micheals or jeanetty, but they wont be shawn and trips either. They will be Miz And Morrison,they will make there own legacy, dont be suprised to see them in a DX style stable in the future, then fued, reunite,and fued again like DX. But they all took different roads in the Biz and instead of being the next whoever, they will be the 1st Morrison & Miz, & for the record Morrison should just do the sweet chin music and something little after it as a finisher, that will go along ways in getting him over, ass kicking someones teeth down there throat is more bad ass than flipping on top of them like a fish out of water.Ole JR said it him self, if JoMo can become more of a BadAss then watch out because the sky is the limit for him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back