• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It Happened!

Strife3

Pre-Show Stalwart
Impact has just aired and gone off.

All I have to say is Dixie was protected once again. Yes she went thru the table, it was a great TNA moment but the Camera messed up the shots and shows Dixie was protected for the most part from the table. Atleast in WWE the woman can handle it. If you watch it Bully goes thru most of the table and Dixie lands on the mat except for her butt. So in giving the fans what they wanna see they mess it up letting us see Bully went butt first into the table, keeping Dixie from really taking any impact what so ever. A perfect moment ruined by bad camera work.

And holy shit, what a moment!

Sure, the fact it's been taped for weeks, and the fact TNA semi-spoiled their own payoff kinda took away from it, but just watch that impact and just listen to that crowd react again. Both of those facts are worth overlooking for the reaction alone.

TNA gets a lot of shit for not coming full circle on angles they spend months building. Well guess what? They just came full circle. Give 'em the credit they deserve.

table5.gif

And give even more credit to Dixie Carter for taking that bump! Wow.

Impact has just aired and gone off.

All I have to say is Dixie was protected once again. Yes she went thru the table, it was a great TNA moment but the Camera messed up the shots and shows Dixie was protected for the most part from the table. Atleast in WWE the woman can handle it. If you watch it Bully goes thru most of the table and Dixie lands on the mat except for her butt. So in giving the fans what they wanna see they mess it up letting us see Bully went butt first into the table, keeping Dixie from really taking any impact what so ever. A perfect moment ruined by bad camera work.

You are being ridiculous. She's a 49-year old non-wrestler who has never taken a bump in her life. Her first (and probably last) bump is going off the top rope through a fucking table, and you are complaining that Bully Ray didn't drive her into the concrete under the ring?

Perspective, son. You need some.

it sure looked like Dixie landed hard with her back/head on the matt. that had to hurt like a bitch. I remember reading she was legit injured because of it.
I think it was a big spot and people should have respect for Dixie doing that, but I also can't help but to feel like it still wont be good enough and people are still going to hate Dixie.

Awesome moment and over all show for TNA. The crowd was unreal and the action was, well, nonstop. The haters are going to find anything to rip TNA but the truth is that Impact is a great wrestling product.

Being too picky.
It was about delivering a moment.

You're upset that she was protected and that to you messed up the moment?
Come on now.

Dixie willingly took the bump. Of course Bully was going to protect her.

Who cares what happened in the past with WWE? It really doesn't matter at all.

Did you hear the crowd? I'd say Bully and Dixie more than made up for her being protected.

I hope breaking bones in her back was worth it to Dixie. You know... in the moronic spot they did to try and boost ratings and save their Spike deal.

How'd that work out again?

I hope breaking bones in her back was worth it to Dixie. You know... in the moronic spot they did to try and boost ratings and save their Spike deal.

How'd that work out again?

Yeah, you need perspective too. They've bee building to this spot for more than four months now. The SpikeTV deal thing has only been a known issue now for the last week and a half, maybe two weeks. Trying to say they put this spot on television to "save their deal" is revisionist history.

Yeah, you need perspective too. They've bee building to this spot for more than four months now. The SpikeTV deal thing has only been a known issue now for the last week and a half, maybe two weeks. Trying to say they put this spot on television to "save their deal" is revisionist history.

That whole set of tapings was packed to the gills with guest stars and big matches to try and bump ratings to secure the Spike deal. The Dixie/Bully angle was on-going for months ahead of all this, but the conclusion angle was specifically put in that spot to try and get that bump and show Spike what they'd be missing if they didn't re-new. That was the big closer angle to this set of tapings that they thought were going to decide their fate.

I mean... they hyped the hell of out the thing. Commercials, previews, starting hashtags to try and pimp the angle out. The conclusion of that angle and everything they did at that set of tapings was their final push to Spike, and Dixie literally broke her back for the company. I just hope it was worth it, and unless they get an 11th hour miracle, it doesn't look like it will be.

Honestly your forgetting That Bully Ray was gonna protect her just like he did Mae Young. That was a solid drive thru that table and actually it looks like the back her head hit that mat hard. At the end of the day it was a solid pay off to that story line.

Honestly if spike wants to see a real crowd for the love wrestling replay that spot and hear that crowd.

I agree w/ Strife, the camera angle used for the primary "live" shot of that table spot was horrible. TNA had so much time between when this spot was initially taped to broadcast tonight, the finished production (i.e. camera angles) should have been better in order to NOT SHOW BULLY TAKING THE ENTIRE IMPACT OF THE TABLE.

If that was supposed to be a "Moment", it sure didn't feel like it... even with all the hype going back to the previews beginning last week.

Watching this "moment" only made me think how much better it was when this was done with Bubba and Mae Young.

You are being ridiculous. She's a 49-year old non-wrestler who has never taken a bump in her life. Her first (and probably last) bump is going off the top rope through a fucking table, and you are complaining that Bully Ray didn't drive her into the concrete under the ring?

If by through table you mean bully ray jumped ass first through the table

The IWC are never happy, I'm just happy to see this angle finally end now maybe we can go on with wrestling and put all the ECW nostalgia shit behind us.

The IWC are never happy, I'm just happy to see this angle finally end now maybe we can go on with wrestling and put all the ECW nostalgia shit behind us.

I don't think it's over.
I fully expect it to turn into an injury angle for Dixie.

If it doesn't though then I'll be extremely happy.

If that's how they're taking her off screen then I'm happy about it.

After tonight I have a new found respect for Dixie and her willingness to take one for the team when was the last time you saw Stephanie McMahon allow herself to be put through a table. I was disappointed with Al Snow being the fourth man it should've been either Raven, Sabu, or Sandman.

I was thinking this after I saw read the opening post.

I commend her for taking the bump. She's not in what you would call performing shape and age has started creeping up on Dixie but she look her licks like a champion. No doubt in my mind that bump would have hurt like hell, especially for someone who isn't used to taking that kind of damage.

She'd be just about covered in ice packs about now. Haha

There was a time, not that very long ago, where SpikeTV had an absolute, hard line against depicting violence against women; don't do it. I'm not sure if it's irony or just kitsch, but there is humor in the fact that these tapings were designed to show Impact Wrestling in the best possible light to SpikeTV executives.

If TNA is at the point where they're building their central storyline around middle-aged women being beaten by middle-aged men, maybe they've had their run.

I expect this to fall on mostly deaf ears. In between the 'he didn't hit her hard enough' crowd, and the 'but someone else did it years ago, so it's OK' crowd, there isn't much room for the 'hey, hitting women isn't entertainment' crowd.

It was about TNA delivering a moment that people wanted to see and they were able to deliver. It's the first bump she's ever taken and if the reports are true, it will probably be the last one she takes. Reportedly, Dixie suffered a concussion as a result of the spot, not at all surprising seeing as how the back of her head slammed into the mat, and that it aggravated some issues she's had with her back for years that resulted in a couple of cracked vertebrae.

Kinda makes you think of how risky it was with Mae Young & Moolah back in the day. I can't remember exactly which it was, maybe it happened to both of them at one time, but I remember Ray powerbombing at least one of them through a table while jumping off the stage back in the late 90s. Both were considerably older than Dixie is now and even though they were trained wrestlers, they were legitimately elderly hadn't taken anything remotely close to a bump like that in decades.

If by through table you mean bully ray jumped ass first through the table

Like I said, she's a 49-year old non-wrestler who has never taken a bump in her life. Her first (and probably last) bump is going off the top rope through a fucking table, and you are complaining that Bully Ray didn't drive her into the concrete under the ring?

I cannot possibly emphasis the 49-year old NON-WRESTLER WHO HAS NEVER TAKEN A BUMP IN HER LIFE aspect of this enough.

I was there when this happened. And trust me, NOT A SINGLE PERSON in that room cared if Bully went butt first through the table. Of course in real time we couldn't see it. It was the moment. That was the loudest, most energetic part of the tapings for me. And the legit chants of T.N.A. were crazy! This moment was a huge payoff. When the tapings ended on the Wednesday show (the day before) Bully came back out at the end of the night and said, "Hey, if you haven't bought your tickets for tomorrow yet, buy them. I promise you, I will put Dixie through the table". I already had my ticket, but I was so excited.

Anyway, I give props to Dixie for taking this bump. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. So Bully's butt went through. Big deal. It was a huge payoff, and it was awesome!

Fully through the table or partially through the table, that must have hurt for a long time. Full credits to Dixie for having the balls to take that bump, because she knows Impact needs ratings, exposure, and moments, and that's gonna bring in some good amount of attention. Awesome spot. Can't remember the last time I saw a female being hit by a male wrestler, let alone going through a table like that.

Don't understand how putting a middle aged frail woman through a table is a "face" move. And also never understood why she became an on screen character in the first place.

But props to her for taking the bump. Now there is no reason for her to be on TNA television, the payoff is done hopefully.

If I remember correctly Bubba put Mae Young and George Clooney's ex- girlfriend through the table the same way. Regardless, it was an awful spot and awful thing to do then and is awful now.

Personally I loved it! I would go as far as saying it was one of TNA's greatest moments. Major props to Dixie for taking the bump. For once I thought Mike Tenay did a good job of giving it a big moment feel, combined with the crowd of course. Really nice pay off to the storyline.

Hopefully that was Dixie's last night as an on-screen character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back