Is there anyone better than Floyd Mayweather?

Avrusha92

Formerly known as AD Angelic Diablo
Floyd Mayweather is considered the best pound for pound boxer out there, hes defeated many greats like Ricky Hatton, Oscar De LaHoya, Shane Mosley, and the list goes on.
This man is undefeated, and is considered to be the best in the world.
The man has speed, has power, and has stamina.
The man is just simply MONEY MONEY MONEY!

Now, Is there anyone better than Floyd in his weight class? Is there anyone that could actually face Floyd, and win him (TKO, KO, Unanimous Decision)

I think there is one man that could actually have a good chance of winning Floyd, and that is...

Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquio, there I said it.
This man has fought in many weight classes...Strawweight, Bantamweight, Lightweight, Featherweight, and now Welterweight, which is unbeleivable..The man won some pretty good fights...and I think he wants a fight against Mayweather!!
Mayweather said in order for Manny to face him, he will have to get drug tested because theres no way someone this small can get bigger and bigger.

Guys, Thoughts & Opinions.

This answer is easy. No one is better than Money Mayweather. Right now, there is no one that touch him, literally. He prides himself on being the master of defense, which makes his fights frustrating to watch, because he's just so tight with his defense. He rarely gets hit with a big shot, and that has to do with his footwork as well. He's able to throw quick combinations and bounce out quick ply to avoid any hard counter punches. With that being said.....

I believe Manny is the only guy who has a chance of beating him. He can match Money on speed I think closer than anyone else. And he has incredible power as well. If he were to catch Floyd with a shot it could be lights out. However, I just don't know if I see that happening. Floyd is almost perfect with his defense and I could see him escape any shot PacMan tries to throw at him. I don't know its a tough call. But if I had to choose now I would say Money wins in 12.

But while Manny is the closest to Money, right no one is better than Mayweather.

But while Manny is the closest to Money, right no one is better than Mayweather.

I see Money win over Manny, but I see them going all rounds.
Man, Theres only one Mayweather!! This man is the best there is in the World of Boxing.

Peoples Champ? Who is your favorite boxers these days?

I see Money win over Manny, but I see them going all rounds.
Man, Theres only one Mayweather!! This man is the best there is in the World of Boxing.

Peoples Champ? Who is your favorite boxers these days?

Well first off, yea the PacMan-Money would go 12 because Floyd just doesn't knock people out, and definatley would not get one over Manny. That just won't happen. Again, Mayweather doesn't fight the prettiest or most exciting fights, but he does exactly what he's good at to win, and that's play defense.

As far as my favorite boxers are concerned, my favorite is Miguel Cotto. As I said before I'm a Puerto Rican so any boxer that comes out of Puerto Rico gets my love. That's why I would love to see Cotto get back on track and hopefully try one more to get back on top.

umm most pound for pound lists have manny pac as p4p king.lets look at the last 3 years

Floyd mayweather beats ricky hatto n in 10 rounds(hatton gave him some problems early),floyd then retires for 18 months he comes back from his hiatus and beats a blown up lightweight in marquez who moved up 2 DIVISIONS FOR THE FIGHT.And then beats a 38 year old Shane Mosley who couldnt throw a punch for 11 of the 12 rounds,admittedly floyd never was that aggresive in a fight before and i count this as his most impressive performance to date.

Now on to pac he moves UP 2 DIVISIONS to beat oscar(ok oscar was fighting at WW for the first time in a while but he did a tune up @150 pounds 4 months prior,he then dismantles my hero ricky hatton in 2 rounds rendering him unconcsius for 3 minutes at LWW a weight ricky had dominated and never lost in.He then moves up to WW again and systematically destroyed Miguel Cotto in 11 rounds,then he wins every round against Joshua Clottey who is 1 solid dude.

What record stands out here and who deserves the ranking/title of mythical p4p king,the answer is simple to me.

fwiw if the 2 do fight,manny is floyds worst nightmare as stated in an interview last year by daddy floyd,he struggles against southpaws and he is fighting the only southpaw with faster handspeed out there not saying pac destroys him but you get my idea.

umm most pound for pound lists have manny pac as p4p king.lets look at the last 3 years

Floyd mayweather beats ricky hatto n in 10 rounds(hatton gave him some problems early),floyd then retires for 18 months he comes back from his hiatus and beats a blown up lightweight in marquez who moved up 2 DIVISIONS FOR THE FIGHT.And then beats a 38 year old Shane Mosley who couldnt throw a punch for 11 of the 12 rounds,admittedly floyd never was that aggresive in a fight before and i count this as his most impressive performance to date.

Now on to pac he moves UP 2 DIVISIONS to beat oscar(ok oscar was fighting at WW for the first time in a while but he did a tune up @150 pounds 4 months prior,he then dismantles my hero ricky hatton in 2 rounds rendering him unconcsius for 3 minutes at LWW a weight ricky had dominated and never lost in.He then moves up to WW again and systematically destroyed Miguel Cotto in 11 rounds,then he wins every round against Joshua Clottey who is 1 solid dude.

What record stands out here and who deserves the ranking/title of mythical p4p king,the answer is simple to me.

fwiw if the 2 do fight,manny is floyds worst nightmare as stated in an interview last year by daddy floyd,he struggles against southpaws and he is fighting the only southpaw with faster handspeed out there not saying pac destroys him but you get my idea.

Ok so you want to discredit Floyds wins I can pretty much do the same for Manny's opponents. De la Hoya was old and obviously not near his prime when he fought Pacquiao. Hatton was on the decline when he fought PacMan. And really Hatton hadn't faced anyone with PacMan's skills so his undefeated streak isn't all that impressive to me. One fight I give credit for was his fight against Cotto. His fight against Clotteywasnt really a fight. Joshua refused to throw any punches that fight, solidifying the fact that he was there for a paycheck. See that was easy.

The fact is Floyd left boxing as the pound for pound king and came back and beat his next two opponents. In my eyes he is still pound for pound the best. I could care less about other lists.

As for the fight between the two, Floyd is the untimate defensive fighter. He has great footwork, he knows how to avoid the big shots. So Manny would have to chase him around the ring. I don't see Manny catching him and hitting him cleanly with a big punch.

Ok so you want to discredit Floyds wins I can pretty much do the same for Manny's opponents. De la Hoya was old and obviously not near his prime when he fought Pacquiao. Hatton was on the decline when he fought PacMan. And really Hatton hadn't faced anyone with PacMan's skills so his undefeated streak isn't all that impressive to me. One fight I give credit for was his fight against Cotto. His fight against Clotteywasnt really a fight. Joshua refused to throw any punches that fight, solidifying the fact that he was there for a paycheck. See that was easy.

The fact is Floyd left boxing as the pound for pound king and came back and beat his next two opponents. In my eyes he is still pound for pound the best. I could care less about other lists.

As for the fight between the two, Floyd is the untimate defensive fighter. He has great footwork, he knows how to avoid the big shots. So Manny would have to chase him around the ring. I don't see Manny catching him and hitting him cleanly with a big punch.

so you are saying that floyd doesnt have the skills of pac?:lmao:The fact is that 95% of people that know boxing,will tell you that mannys last 3 years has been more productive than floyds and also more impressive,yes floyd retired for 18 months so does a comeback win against a man who has been operating 2 weight divisions below you constitute you getting your mythical p4p crown back?That answer is obviously NO.Would you agree with that assesment?Im not saying that Pac would beat floyd as floyd would be favoured more by most,what i am doing is answering the OP and giving my reasons why Floyd is not p4p #1 in my eyes or any notable boxing publication,and that is because he has not achieved as much as manny pac.

Edit : If you also dont think Hatton had fought anyone with Pacs skills you obviously have not been watching boxing for long,go check up on Kostya Zyu.

so you are saying that floyd doesnt have the skills of pac?:lmao:The fact is that 95% of people that know boxing,will tell you that mannys last 3 years has been more productive than floyds and also more impressive,yes floyd retired for 18 months so does a comeback win against a man who has been operating 2 weight divisions below you constitute you getting your mythical p4p crown back?That answer is obviously NO.Would you agree with that assesment?Im not saying that Pac would beat floyd as floyd would be favoured more by most,what i am doing is answering the OP and giving my reasons why Floyd is not p4p #1 in my eyes or any notable boxing publication,and that is because he has not achieved as much as manny pac.

Well Manny and Floyd are not the same. They don't have the same skills. Manny is fast with power, something Floyd isn't. So yes Hatton didn't have to deal with that when he faced Mayweather. That is obvious.

As far as pound for pound, you brought that up. If we are talking about better fights, more fights, well then yes Manny has been better. But the question is "IS ANYONE BETTER THAN FLOYD MAYWEATHER?" Not who has had the better fights or who has achieved the most or who the best by publications. The fact is Mayweather is better than Manny. He faster, better defensively. He may not be as powerful, however he knows how avoid being hit. So as far as I understand, this is not a discussion about achievements or stats. Its who is the better fighter.

well my simple answer to that is like 99% of P4P lists,i too have Manny Pacquiao as P4P #1.And dont state facts when you are plainly lying as you know this is clearly not fact,only your opinion.The same as what i am doing,giving my opinion.

my favorite would have to be my good friend...Dmitriy Salita, although he hasnt fought anyone so amazing, well he was 30-0 undeafeated until his got koed by amir khan in 76 seconds due to being mentally weak during the fight (he was in his opponents ground (england) his wife was surrounded by a bunch of crazy fans, he was extremely scared...and his friends got beaten up due to bad security) well also cuz Khans an amazing fighter no doubt about it.

my other choice for faveorite would have to be vladmir klitchko...when i started getting into boxing he was the man i used to adore watching..hes russian just like my parents, and is heavyweight..and a great boxer. (although his matches are slow paced) hes still my fav.

now back to topic..
i dont think floyds undefeated streak will ever be broken, hell...thats stupid even saying that.
manny pacquio will dominate the welterweight division in the future. manny is the future of the boxing sport.i dont think he should move up in weight class. Nuff said.

The Klitschko's are Ukrainian, though I think they fight under the German flag. I'm not a fan of Wlad at all, technically good but incredibly boring to watch. I much prefer Vitali.

Now as for these people who have Pac as P4P champ... they must be smoking something. The guy has power and a workrate but his footwork and his defence make a mockery of him being P4P champ. In terms of skills, I'm not sure I'd even put him Top 10 as his all-round skills don't match up. Mayweather seems to have lost some power recently but he's so vastly superior to Pac that I could see him Mayweather battering him to a stoppage around the 10th round. Be in no doubt that there's no way in hell Pac could ever win a decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back