• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Amir Khan Feels That People Want Him To Beat Floyd Mayweather

Calderownz

Brilliant Idiot
England's Amir Khan, who is getting ready for his bout on April 16th, with Paul McCloskey, stated that he thinks people want him to beat Floyd Mayweather.

While discussing his situation at Freddie Roach's WildCard Gym, he mentioned that fans have told him just that.

"You've got the best trainer here, Freddie Roach, the best fighter in Manny Pacquiao and the most famous gym in the world, The WildCard Gym," Khan stated. "I love coming to America and being treated like a normal person. People keep saying that I put a great performance in my last fight [a points win over Marcos Madiana] and they want me to go on and beat Mayweather, I don't think people like him over here."

He also mentioned that he plans on working with a new conditioning coach after the scandal with his former conditioning coach, Alex Ariza.

That being said, what do you think about the claims?

Would you like to see Khan beat Mayweather?

Would you like to see Mayweather get beaten by anyone for that matter?

Thoughts on Mayweather and Khan?

Okay Khans good but if you watch him fight he makes lots of amateurish moves...Now he did impress me against Maidana, I hope he shut up the Glass chin critics! Mayweather is the best in the world (well one of two) and I dont think that Khan could beat Mayweather... but who knows if Khan fights Mayweather after his long break that would be Amir's best chance...PS everyone in the UK wants Khan to beat Mayweather...Hes a legend in the north of England!:lol:

Amir Khan is perhaps my favorite boxer fighting today, so of course I believe in him, and of course I would love to see him be the person to finally beat Floyd Mayweather.

I know Amir has his flaws, but those only come out against aggressive fighters like his last opponent, Marcos Maidana. Even with Khan's fuck-ups in that fight, he still won decisively, and he also proved that yes, he does have a chin.

Now, if you watch his fight against Paulie Malignaggi, Amir Khan fought a flawless fight. And let's face it, while Paulie isn't anywhere near as good as Mayweather, he's still a very talented fighter who fights with Mayweather's in-and-out style.

Styles make match-ups, especially in boxing. And Amir Khan, I believe, is the worst possible match-up for Floyd Mayweather at this point in time, not named Manny Pacquiao. If Amir fought someone like Pacman at this point in his career, he'd get destroyed, but Mayweather is perfect for him right now, especially a Mayweather who will have some ring rust.

So, yes... after Khan beats Paul McCloskey, I would love to see him get a fight against Mayweather. However, I'm not so sure Mayweather has the balls to take that fight at this point, unless Khan looks extremely flawed in his victory against McCloskey.

Amir Kahn should focus on the fight he has before running his mouth about a boxer that's beaten people who have accomplished more in the sport than he's likely ever to accomplish.

Fighters who do this annoy me to no end. Why are you talking about a guy you're not even, REMOTELY, scheduled to fight?

Amir Kahn should focus on the fight he has before running his mouth about a boxer that's beaten people who have accomplished more in the sport than he's likely ever to accomplish.

Fighters who do this annoy me to no end. Why are you talking about a guy you're not even, REMOTELY, scheduled to fight?

Well, in the interest of fairness, some fighters don't always hope to do this. They get asked these questions, so they answer. Still, Khan can be a bit mouthy.

Well, in the interest of fairness, some fighters don't always hope to do this. They get asked these questions, so they answer. Still, Khan can be a bit mouthy.

I agree with you to a certain point. Everyone knows that the media asks questions like these. There's a healthy balance of fighters, in boxing and MMA, that talk shit without being asked and fighters that "talk shit" when they're asked. You're absolutely right, Calderownz.

My problem is this; they should reply with something like "I'm not worried about that right now, I have a fight with McCloskey, once that fight is complete, and I win, I'll address Mayweather. Right now, my focus is on my upcoming opponent."

Instead, they postulate about future when, if they lose, that might not even be something that's even gonna happen. Waste of time and breath, in my opinion.

I'm not trying to be negative. I'm really not, and I know that it seems that, since I've come back, I've been more negative than usual. I promise that's not really the case. It's just so many bad things are taking place in the world of MMA and Boxing right now that weren't really as prevalent when I was last regularly posting. It frustrates me to no end.

I agree with you to a certain point. Everyone knows that the media asks questions like these. There's a healthy balance of fighters, in boxing and MMA, that talk shit without being asked and fighters that "talk shit" when they're asked. You're absolutely right, Calderownz.

My problem is this; they should reply with something like "I'm not worried about that right now, I have a fight with McCloskey, once that fight is complete, and I win, I'll address Mayweather. Right now, my focus is on my upcoming opponent."

Instead, they postulate about future when, if they lose, that might not even be something that's even gonna happen. Waste of time and breath, in my opinion.

I'm not trying to be negative. I'm really not, and I know that it seems that, since I've come back, I've been more negative than usual. I promise that's not really the case. It's just so many bad things are taking place in the world of MMA and Boxing right now that weren't really as prevalent when I was last regularly posting. It frustrates me to no end.

Yeah, I can understand what you're saying. The fight game is one of the hardest to follow. The fights themselves make you go through it, but the in between parts can be murderous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back