Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr. Arrested

Buffalo Dave

Yeeeeeeeah Buddy!!
Source ESPN:

LAS VEGAS -- Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. has been arrested in Las Vegas on a felony theft charge stemming from a domestic violence complaint by his ex-girlfriend.

Las Vegas police Officer Bill Cassell says the 33-year-old Mayweather was booked Friday at the Clark County jail on a grand larceny charge. He's being held on $3,000 bail.

Mayweather's lawyer, Richard Wright, says the charge stems from an allegation that Mayweather took an iPhone from Josie Harris, his ex-girlfriend and mother of three of his children.

Nevada law calls for a grand-larceny charge when the value of the goods in question is $250 or more.

Harris made a police complaint and sought a protection order Thursday from a Family Court judge.

She claims Mayweather hit her during a confrontation at her home in Las Vegas.

Wright denies Mayweather committed any crime.

Well it seems Mayweather has been on the wrong side of the news lately. Just a week or two ago he posted a video filled with bunch of racist remarks towards Manny Pacquiao, then apologized for it claiming it was all in fun and didn't really mean it. Now this happens. If it is true, I can't understand why he would take a iPhone from his ex. Is he really worried about a couple hundred dollar phone when he makes 20 million a fight. I doubt he hit her because this is the same ex-girlfriend that filed charges against him a few years ago, then she said, she lied about him hitting her, or he just paid her to keep her mouth shut.

0910-mayweather-ex-01-wm.jpg

That's the happiest I've ever seen anyone in a mug shot.

Anyways... I'm sure he'll get off. Unless the chick was heavily bruised in the face, then I doubt anything comes of this. It'll either get thrown away due to lack of evidence, or he'll take a plea and it'll get reduced to a misdemeanor.

Some good can come out of this though; Mayweather is putting himself in such a slump because of this and the Ustream video (where he did nothing but bash Manny and give excuses for why they're not fighting, even though Manny agreed to the drug testing Mayweather's camp wanted). The deeper of a hole Mayweather falls in, the more desperate he gets. And the more desperate he gets, the more likely he'll FINALLY sign on the dotted line to fight Manny Pacquiao.

I doubt he did it. I'd be willing to bet that the ex is looking for some extra money, because she's spending all the child support on bullshit. Bitches be trippin, and I seriously doubt Mayweather would punch his ex, and steal her iPhone when he could have just as easily gone and bought one.

This story in itself sounds a little bit dodgy, the man is a guaranteed millionaire. His ex wife is a gold digger plain and simple, i wouldnt be surprised if he has 10 iPhones. This is all just looks like a money grab from Josie.

Just an update on the matter

ESPN:

LAS VEGAS -- Undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. was hit Thursday with three more felony charges in a domestic violence case that already had him facing a theft charge.

Clark County District Attorney David Roger significantly raised the ante in the case alleging that Mayweather hit and threatened the life of his ex-girlfriend, Josie Harris, and threatened to beat two of their children during a pre-dawn argument at the woman's home a week ago.

Mayweather remained free on $3,000 bail pending arraignment Nov. 9 following his arrest last Friday on a felony grand larceny charge.

Authorities alleged he took cell phones belonging to Harris and two of their children following the altercation. That felony charge carries a possible sentence of five years.

The new criminal complaint filed Thursday added two felony coercion and one felony robbery charge along with one misdemeanor domestic battery and three misdemeanor harassment charges.

Convictions on all eight charges would increase the possible penalty Mayweather could face if convicted of all charges to 34 years.

Mayweather's lawyer, Richard Wright, told The Associated Press he hadn't seen the new complaint and declined immediate comment.

Wright has previously denied wrongdoing on Mayweather's behalf.

Police initially labeled the scuffle with Harris a domestic battery case after she told police Mayweather was angry about her relationship with another man when he confronted her at the Las Vegas home where Harris and the children live.

Mayweather wanted to evict her from the house, which he owns, Harris said.

The new charges name the couple's 10-year-old and 9-year-old sons as victims of coercion, for alleged threats to beat them if they called 911 or left the apartment during the scuffle.

Under Nevada law, coercion is when a person compels or forces someone to do something they have a legal right to do.

The harassment charges allege that Mayweather threatened Harris and the two children, and the battery charge alleges Mayweather grabbed Harris by her hair, hit her and twisted her arm.

The couple had three children, now ages 7 to 10, during what Harris characterized for authorities as a 15-year relationship. She said she lived with Mayweather for seven years before separating in May.

Well this story just took off a little more now, claiming that he threatened his kids if they were to tell or call the police. It is going to be interesting to see what happens with all these allegations brought upon Mayweather. If Mayweather wanted to evict her (probably because she is with another man) is part of the reason that this came about, why not do the smart thing and get an eviction notice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back