• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is "Sports Entertainment" So Bad?

scottyshowman82

Getting Noticed By Management
When all these indy promotions come out and "We Are Wrestling or we are a wrestling promotion" I get it because WWE is all glitz and glamour and they want to beat them in the actual wrestling within the ropes but what's so bad about Sports Entertainment?

I do take exception when people poop all over the name "Sport Entertainment" because damnit if all wrestling was was what happened between the ropes we would lose out on a lot of things that made me and a lot of us love the business in the first place.

Gone would be the vignettes that with Razor Ramon, when he drove up in that in his fancy car and introduced his no nonense attitude to the World Wrestling Federation. Gone would the classic Mr. Perfect vingettnes where he would take the football throw it to the other end of the field and catch it and do a one man touchdown. Gone would one of the highest segents in WWE history Rock this is your life... which didn't have one arm lock but entertaining and funny as hell. And gone would be the most awe inspiring bone chilling entrance in the WWE, when the Undertaker walks slowly to the ring with such determination which the fire blazez and dark blue light and smoke.

Yes wrestling in itself is great, but sports entertainment is the icing on the cake that makes us love the product that much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back