• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is It Time To Bring Back The Hardcore Title

What do you think of the hardcore title?

• I hated it, don't bring it back!

• They should bring it back to Raw/Smackdown

• I love it bring it back for ECW!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timostag

Dark Match Winner
Is it time to bring back the hardcore title?
I think ECW needs another title, i mean raw has whc, ic, tag, womens. smackdown has wwe, us, tag, divas. but ECW just has the 1 title.

there is alot of unused talent/jobbers on all shows which could get some entertaining fueds after the hardcore title although they should get rid of the 24/7 rule because that got a bit rediculous

It could even give back abit of prestige to the ECW title if the lowercard guys who sometimes go for the ECW title (tommy dreamer ect.)have another belt to go after and if there was 1 hardcore match a week then maybe the extreme would be justified?

If it doesn't come to ECW then it should go to raw instead of al the womens matches every week and smackdown should have the cw title back

I loved the Hardcore division. In a way, the Hardcore Championship was more prestigious and important than many of the titles today.

I have a dream...that one day, the title will be brought back on ECW. The inaugural champion? Bob...nay, Hardcore Holly. He may be "old" and as some column writer on the WZ site said, "not everyone can be Terry Funk," but to me, Holly symbolized the Hardcore division, even with his relatively meager 6 reigns. He competed in one of the best hardcore matches of all time, WrestleMania XV. Bob can still take his bumps well, and besides Dreamer, he's the only one with the brawling/Hardcore style that took the Hardcore division to a high level back in the Attitude Era. So Vince McMahon would announce a tournament, which Holly would win.

Sure, we all know I'm God's lonely Holly mark, but in my opinion, that'd be great. But yeah, you could merge the two threads. I can't wait though, had to put my $0.2 in.

I liked the Hardcore title, but time has passed it by. ECW is supposed to be hardcore anyway, so isn't the ECW title really the Hardcore Title. I agree ECW needs another title, but that title should be the Cruiserweight Title. With Evan Bourne, Chavo Guerrero and The Miz from ECW, and maybe a trade with RAW for Paul London and Jamie Noble, and a trade with SmackDown for Funaki, Jesse and Jimmy Wang Yang, and maybe add in a Bryan Danielson and another luchador (WOW what a run-on sentence I just typed). It could be a great division that would give some character and much needed excitement to ECW. It would at least make it watchable.

O.k how about this...

Before a major ppv like ss or rumble there should be a cross brand match for the hardcore title (idealy introduced by god i mean foley)

raw- Hardcore Holly
smackdown- Koslov
ECW- Finlay

Koslov would dominate the match but Finlay could get a cheeky pin on Holly while Koslov is out the ring.

Hopefully ecw could have a few lower card superstars from the other brands as they don't have many superstars at all at the moment like jamie noble and snitsky who just job on raw anyway. so Finlay could have some good fueds without horny

I loved the Hardcore title back in the day, it's always a fun title to watch competed for. As much as I may want it to be back, I don't think it well ever. It just doesn't work with Vince's kind of wrestling now, PG and all that. I would like to see the Hardcore title come back in Similar fashion as they did with King of the Ring a few years ago. What I see is ECW having a battle royal where the winner becomes Hardcore champion. Then for the next month it is defended 24/7 rule and at the end of the month the winner would get a title shot. I think that idea could be cool. So, yes I'd like to see it back fulltime, it could be their middlecard title, but I'm doubting it will happen so that's why I hope for my 'Hardcore for a month to get a title shot' idea to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back