• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is It Time I Started Buying Blu-Ray?

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
My DVD collection is huge. I'll still be buying sale DVDs. But if I pay full price for a DVD like I do the wrestling should I invest in Blu-Ray?

Nah
I don't understand, what is so special about blu-ray anyway? I haven't really heard anything about it

I'll say yes

I have 15 Blu-rays but all of them were free when I bought the PS3

I've got a h-def tv but it's lost on me. I notice difference but I couldn't care less. Did anyone really think that they couldn't see enough on a normal TV? Really it's fucking pointless.

I'm going to stick with DVD until I really have to switch. I mean, I don't actually care about picture quality. I watch most shit without my digibox and so it's usually a bit fuzzy now and then anyway. And I don't give a shit. I also like big box sets, I'd die without them. The ones with embossed writing are the best ones, hence why I like WWE's newest ones.

I'll say yes

I have 15 Blu-rays but all of them were free when I bought the PS3

Hold up. You got 15 free blu-ray movies with your PS3?! (which is also a blu-ray player, obviously)

Did you have to pay extra to get anything special for your PS3 to play those blu-ray movies? I can't play HD movies on my 360 unless I buy the converter or whatever it needs. Since HD went under, I just stuck with my good ol' VHS/DVD stuff.

But if you get 15 free movies when you buy a PS3, that just gave me a reason to buy one.

Yes, you get 15 free movies if you buy the expensive PS3. But most of them are old and shit.

Fuck if I know the difference between the two.

Yes, you get 15 free movies if you buy the expensive PS3. But most of them are old and shit.

Fuck if I know the difference between the two.

I was against buying a PS3 because I have a 360 and I fail to see the point as to why I need two "next gen" consoles that play roughly the same games.

However, as long as I don't need to buy anything special to make the PS3 play blu-ray movies.. and you get 15 free movies with it.. then fuck it, its purpose.

I'll have a blu-ray player, 15 free movies (which I barely only 15 DVDs that aren't wrestling or season sets anyways) and a PS3 that I'm sure I'll find one or two exclusive games I might care for. It gives purpose for blowing $700.00

Xbox will be a peice of shit compared to the PS3 quality in about a year and a half anyways.

Might as well get it.

Did he? He speculated the PS3 would let off a megaton blast that would lead us all to the promised land. Or something that effect. No actual examples of games that require PS3's questionable, although unquestionably superior, amount of power. If you want a PS3 to play Blu-Rays, I'm all for it.

Meh, Will just go read Sly's posts in the PS3, Wii, Xbust thread.

He had a very convincing argument.

Hold up. You got 15 free blu-ray movies with your PS3?! (which is also a blu-ray player, obviously)

Did you have to pay extra to get anything special for your PS3 to play those blu-ray movies? I can't play HD movies on my 360 unless I buy the converter or whatever it needs. Since HD went under, I just stuck with my good ol' VHS/DVD stuff.

But if you get 15 free movies when you buy a PS3, that just gave me a reason to buy one.

I bought the PS3 after Black Friday at Wal-mart because they had that sale if you buy the 80GB PS3, you get 10 free Blu-rays & the other 5 Blu-rays I got them in mail from the Free Blu-Rays offer when you buy a Blu-Ray player

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back