Blu Ray dvd players.

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
Would you ever buy one?

Personally I know i wouldnt waste my money. you pay the earth for a DVD player, that only works if you buy the DVD's to go with it. and the DVD's are over double the price of normal ones. Why pay that much when the graphics are only slightly better then a normal dvd player?

I think the only way i would ever own one is if i brought a PS3. But I don't think unless they was practically given away i would buy the Blu Ray dvds to watch on it.

I have a PS3, so personally, no.

The quality difference is barely noticeable on some films, and stunning on others. I think if you're a big movie fan, though, then I can see why you'd like a standalone player. It's pricy, sure, but if you've got an HDTV and you like HD, and you have the money, then why the hell not?

I will get one, eventually. But shit, we're in a recession. I don't even have an HDTV. I don't have enough money to buy that shit. Frankly, it's just not worth it. Being low middle class, I have a lot of upper middle class friends who have fancier shit than me. Several of them have massive HDTVs with Blu Ray players. I notice a very minute difference; not something worth hundreds upon hundreds of pounds.

It does annoy me when people demonstrate a lack of knowledge of what Blu Ray is though. It's been out for long enough. "So what, it's like a DVD but better...?". Pretty fucking much, yeah. I get the feeling that it wasn't long ago these people were struggling to grasp what a DVD is: "So it's like a CD... that you watch?"

In a nutshell, absolutely yes.

I was somewhat shy about the move to HD last year, but I was dead wrong. The clearity of a picture is a huge issue to me. The extra little bit of the picture that HD has, that standard doesn't, is enough for me to be content for now.

As result, the movie channels I have on satelite that are in HD, also have a non-HD channel of the same thing, right below it. If you have the ability to test this, just simply flip from HD to non-HD.. if you can't see a HUGE difference, you either have a crappy HD television, or you simply aren't trying to notice the difference.

I can't honestly stand to watch anything that's not in HD anymore. Smackdown, before it moved to the Mynetwork channel, was on a regular standard station, and it annoyed the shit out of me. While I miss Smackdown, I definately don't miss the blurriness or the crappy standard view.

As far as HD movies, or blu-ray.. I've seen the differences through store displays. One television (HDTV, Samsung) connected to a blu-ray was playing the movie Twister. While a seperate HDTV (same Samsung) was playing it on a regular DVD player. I could fucking SEE the shit within the tornado. Okay, when I originally watched that movie, I didn't even think they'd taken the time to CGI stuff into it, but with the blu-ray ability.. you can see the huge difference.

So yes, when I get the amount of money needed to purchase one, I definately would be.

On a sidenote, owning a PS3 for the blu-ray player would be nice, but I have a 360.. so it'd be almost just as pointless, considering I enjoy more 360 games than PS games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back