Is a Goldberg WWE return near?

With tonight being the first Raw in the "proper" run up to Wrestlemania, I'll say if he doesn't appear tonight, the ship will sail. Fingers crossed.

I hope not. Even with the injuries, there is plebty of time before Mania to set forth feuds people will care about with the current/incoming and NXT Rosters.

A year late, but I guess I called it lads, all of the things in the opening post must have been a long term plan :)

Good stuff. Imma give you some rep for it. On a side note. I definitely think instead of losing to Lesnar maybe have Strowman attack both. Have Goldberg put Strowman over at RR and Lesnar at Mania. And then you have a made star. While I'm against a Strowman mega push. I see a mega push coming his way. So this might be the way to do it, if it's gonna happen.

Good stuff. Imma give you some rep for it. On a side note. I definitely think instead of losing to Lesnar maybe have Strowman attack both. Have Goldberg put Strowman over at RR and Lesnar at Mania. And then you have a made star. While I'm against a Strowman mega push. I see a mega push coming his way. So this might be the way to do it, if it's gonna happen.

It's a great idea, save for one detail. After waiting all this time to see Goldberg and Lesnar get another chance, I'd hate to see the match end with some bullshit interference. That said, if the interference were to come after the match, when the result is said and done, then I'd be totally up for that. Strowman looks as though he is a star in the making. He seems to be okay on the mic but he doesn't really need to be any better than that; he'll let his actions in the ring for the talking for him.

But more than that, he is dying for some quality opposition to see just how good he can be. If Strowman was to attack Goldberg after the match, leading to a match at the Rumble or before, then we would get to see how good he is without risking too much. Goldberg wouldn't be expected to win but Strowman would get a massive rub for doing it. This would set up a great match between two behemoths at Mania; Lesnar versus Strowman.

Someone needs to get the Lesnar rub before he decides that he's bored with wrestling again and the need is great for a monster type. Strowman is that monster. Putting him over Lesnar gives them a Lesnar-esque monster that is gonna be around full time. Win-win.

It's a great idea, save for one detail. After waiting all this time to see Goldberg and Lesnar get another chance, I'd hate to see the match end with some bullshit interference. That said, if the interference were to come after the match, when the result is said and done, then I'd be totally up for that. Strowman looks as though he is a star in the making. He seems to be okay on the mic but he doesn't really need to be any better than that; he'll let his actions in the ring for the talking for him.

But more than that, he is dying for some quality opposition to see just how good he can be. If Strowman was to attack Goldberg after the match, leading to a match at the Rumble or before, then we would get to see how good he is without risking too much. Goldberg wouldn't be expected to win but Strowman would get a massive rub for doing it. This would set up a great match between two behemoths at Mania; Lesnar versus Strowman.

Someone needs to get the Lesnar rub before he decides that he's bored with wrestling again and the need is great for a monster type. Strowman is that monster. Putting him over Lesnar gives them a Lesnar-esque monster that is gonna be around full time. Win-win.

Very true. And that's an even better idea. If Lesnar and Goldberg has a bad finish. They wouldn't hear the end of it.

This was an entertaining thread of everybody not even nine months ago saying "it'll never happen." Money talks. I was on that train too though. I didn't think I'd see it but at the same time, I never actually thought about it. But the moment I heard Goldberg was going to be in the 2k17 game, I KNEW it was happening. It happened for Sting. Plus looking at the way Lesnar was being built beating down Ambrose (awful match), and Orton (awful match), you knew it had to happen. Goldberg is literally the only guy left from that era that hadn't shown his face on WWE tv in one way or another. Since he beat Lesnar once, let's bring him in again and not have the god awful match they had at Mania XX. Although I throw that blame solely on Lesnar.

I want to see Lesnar get destroyed in a very bad way. As should most people. Because after Rollins stole the title at Mania, Brock has been a little bitch. Nothing he has done has been worth watching. He doesn't look like he gives half a shit. Everything about him has been awful. Get it Goldberg!!!

What if Goldberg comes to the ring, the bell rings, he quickly counters and Irish Whip hits his Spear then deliviers the Jack Hammer for the pin? Match over.

It would be better than seeing Goldberg get thrown around like a beaten up rag doll. I'd be shocked and it would be nice to see it happen.

Glad he is back since I always thought Goldberg was awesome to watch.

I'm not sure if I understood what Goldberg meant by "you're not only next, you're last" but I think that means Brock is going to be Bill's last match? So he's 1 and done? That sucks, especially since it's likely that Brock will get the win.

I hope they don't wrestle at Survivor Series because I think Goldberg would need more time to get back into ring shape. I think the Rumble or Mania is the better choice. And if they do wrestle and Brock wins, hopefully they could do a trilogy with the third and final match at Wrestlemania...I'm going to Mania this year, so I def wanna see Goldberg there damnit lol.

Am I the only one who would have preferred a surprise Goldberg return? I just think the pop could have been ridiculous, even if the marks knew it was coming at some point. The whole announced return a week in advance kind of ruined it for me....

Am I the only one who would have preferred a surprise Goldberg return? I just think the pop could have been ridiculous, even if the marks knew it was coming at some point. The whole announced return a week in advance kind of ruined it for me....
A surprise return is always good, atleast for us.

But what WWE wanted is to get some additional people to see Raw just for Goldberg. That's why they hyped his return. WWE wanted a boost in it's ratings and it was successful too as shown by the ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back