Iron Man

They are going off of the original origin of Iron Man. So not the Crappy Ultimates origin. Hopefully they make him the raging Alchoholic and Womaniser that fans of Iron Man all know and love. If you like Iron Man read the stuff post-Captain Amerca's death. With the exception of Thor v3 #3. There is a article that Im going to post in Chit Chat that goes into a great Psychological Overview of Iron Man and Comics in General.

I'll admit the Ultimate Origin was crappy, but wasn't that version penned by someone else other than Mark Millar? Out of my entire Marvel collection (like twenty graphic novels), I'm disgusted in the lack of quality of anything not written by Mark Millar. I can't believe I actually bought Civil War: Spider-Man, what a hunk of shit! Millar even makes Spider-Man seem gritty and cool in Marvel Knights for fuck's sake! I love Ultimates Iron Man. Ultimate Iron Man? Not so much. I know it's technically the same guy, but Millar writes him so much better. The reinvention of Thor as a political activist/hippy/mental patient was genius, in my opinion. He needs to be a drunk though, I agree. That's the sort of stuff you don't screw with. Getting a little off-topic...

I'm really looking forward to this one. It may not have a big villian, War Machine, or AA Tony, but it will be quite enjoyable. Especially considering we could be getting all that in a sequel. Mandarin anyone? Plus, if this one does good, Favereau will probably direct The Avengers flick, which could be a a good thing.

It has got a Big Villian in Iron Monger. The Guy behind Iron Monger is a Business rival of Tony Stark's and trys to put Stark Enterprises out of Business. The Mandarin is set to come in the Sequal to this Iron Man Movieand go through to the Third Movie. They Do have War Machine, but he isn't in the suit as far as I know. As for an Avengers movie, not bloody Likely considering that Iron Man and Captain America are on two different Production and release companies. this is where DC has it over Marvel in the Movies right now. Warner Bros releases all of the DC Movies because they own DC. Marvel's Movies are moved all over the place.

It has got a Big Villian in Iron Monger. The Guy behind Iron Monger is a Business rival of Tony Stark's and trys to put Stark Enterprises out of Business. The Mandarin is set to come in the Sequal to this Iron Man Movieand go through to the Third Movie.

Hmm...you got me on Monger. I just think he isn't as well-known as Mandarin, but maybe it's just me.

They Do have War Machine, but he isn't in the suit as far as I know.

I knew Rhodey was in the film, I was just stating his armored alter-ego wasn't.

As for an Avengers movie, not bloody Likely considering that Iron Man and Captain America are on two different Production and release companies. this is where DC has it over Marvel in the Movies right now. Warner Bros releases all of the DC Movies because they own DC. Marvel's Movies are moved all over the place.

Actually, the Avengers movie is very likely. You say they have different production companies, when it was announced from Iron Man and Incredible Hulk that Marvel would produce they're own films. That way they can keep their character's rights. The only major right's that are exempt to this are Spider-Man, X-Men, and Fantasic Four. This means they can use IM, Hulk, Cap, Thor, and Ant-Man for the Avengers flick, which they plan to. And, like I said, Favereau will most likely direct if IM does good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back