Iron Man

TheRealDC

Getting Noticed By Management
For those wondering, I'm making a separate thread for it

Iron Man is slated to be released sometime for May 2, 2008.

IronMan.jpg

Robert Downey Jr. ... Tony Stark/Iron Man
rest of cast listed alphabetically:

Gwyneth Paltrow ... Virginia 'Pepper' Potts

Jeff Bridges ... Obadiah Stane

Leslie Bibb

Terrence Howard ... Jim Rhodes

Shaun Toub

are the actors listed so far.

*edit* I posted this in the wrong forum, please move to Movie page... sorry.

I've never read any Iron Man stuff. But Robert Downey Jr. is awesome. And I think Jon Faverau is becoming a really good director. I didn't like Zathura but I can see why he is being given the oppertunity with this movie.

I think this will be pretty cool, i have heard good stuff about the book, but i never read them, i also like Robert Downey jr, i think hes a great actor

If Jon Favreau's directing it I trust that it's going to be a good movie. looks like a great cast list too. I've never really read much Iron Man, but I can't wait for this movie, just like any other Marvel movie.

I'm kinda suprised to see that Gywenth Paltrow is going to be in it, since this isn't the type of thing she useally goes for, I'm used to seeing her in more seroius dramatic roles, I don't think I've ever seen her do anysthing like this before, but still can't wait to see the movie or even a trailer just to get an idea of what it may look like, sucks that we have to wait a year for it though

Gwyneth Paltrow hasn't done anything in ages so maybe she's stuck for cash. I get the impression it's going to be a smart comic movie. I doubt very much with that cast that it will be an easy going Fantastic 4 type film.

Yeah it has to be being Iron man, Downy will play a brilliant Tony Stark I think, and it doesn't matter whether he can play Iron man, he'll be in a suit, of iron!

OK i found this thread so I'm bringing it back instead of making a new one but I feel it deserves a bump.

ironmanmark1a.jpg

ironmanmark1b.jpg

ironmanmark1m.jpg

From SuperheroHype.

I know it's just a prototype, but i don't like it. It looks makeshift and it looks poorly made. Tony Stark is supposed to be incredibly rich, and that suit barely looks like the suit from the comic books. I don't like it. He should look more like Robocop than this.

And I've had a change of heart about this movie completely after looking at some of the things from comicon.

Robert Downey Jr. is probably one of the worst actors they could've casted for this movie. He's the antithesis of Tony Stark. Tony Stark is calm, composed, deliberate. Robert Downey Jr. is typecast as a gittery stuttery nervousy guy.

Looking at the rest of the cast you can tell they're just trying to stack it with stars, probably because they don't have confidence in the story or the director. Iron Man, although not many people read it, compared to the other movies that come out, will probably draw big crowds on name value only, they don't need all those big name actors. I smell shitty script.

Jon Favreau is wrong for this movie. He's not serious enough of a director to make this movie. it's just another big name director trying to get his hands on a piece of the money-making comic book movie pie.

I have big worries for this movie.

At ComicCon '08 they showed 5-10 minutes of the new Iron Man movie it looks to be 10 kinds of badass.

Prax this is going to be an origin movie, so of course the thing they show is going to be the prototype. If it was anything more than that I would be worried about the film. Robert Downey Jnr has the right look though. I mean they had David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury in a made for TV movie, At least He does look like Tony Stark.

Here is a Video I found of "Spy" footage showing the Iron Man suit. It looks cool From what I can see.

[youtube]IWBe6esV-eM[/youtube]

Here is a couple more of the Promotional Posters.

iron_man.jpg

poster_iron_man.jpg

And it also confirmed that The Mandarin is confirmed as going to be the Main Villian in the Movie. I just wonder how they are going to explain a Green Guy with magic powers unless they go down the Alien Route. At least that is how I remember him from the Cartoon. Another Name that has been cast is Samuel L. Jackson as S.H.I.E.L.D. Commander Nick Fury. This movie is turning out Better and Better than I expected.

See this is the problem for me... why is this an origin movie? Tony Stark is a rich guy with a suit. What is it that they need to establish. The Marvel universe is pretty much self-explanatory considering all the movies that have come out, just put him in there as an established character and introduce him like that, it's not that hard. But hey that's probably out of Favreau's league.

I love Samuel L. jackson but another big name? How many A-lister does this movie need? It's completely ridiculous.

Well Samuel L. Jackson is already a character designed for the Comic Book. This is Ultimate Nick Fury.
UltimateNickFury.jpg

See the similarities there. If they have the Uniforms look like this for S.H.I.E.L.D. And think it is much better than having this guy as Nick Fury.

N_Fury.jpg

I agree, I would love him in the film, I'm just saying all this mega-star casting is probably being done to cover the fact that it probably has a shitty script (just so you know, the writers for this movie have written NO OTHER MAJOR MOTION PICTURE SCRIPTS before Iron Man). I'm guessing they're marvel guys, I don't know. But that's doesn't sit well with me in the slightest.

My guess is this was done as a favor to Marvel or Stan Lee or something and the studio realized this and decides to throw tons of money at a bunch of actors to cover the holes in the script and directing.

I'm really worried for this flim.

Iron Man Movie Website There is nothing much there except for a cool picture of the Iron Man mask and the ablity to register to get information on the movie.

Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound Connect with Marvel Studios for Iron Man
Posted: 2007-05-23 Updated: 2007-07-12 11:56:35
Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), a division of Lucasfilm Ltd. announced today that it has come on board as the principle visual effects house on the new Marvel Studios production of Iron Man. Sister company Skywalker Sound, which houses EFILM's northern California outpost, completes the post production triumvirate. Skywalker Sound will handle sound design and mix duties for the film.

Marvel Studios' big screen adaptation of Marvel's legendary Super Hero Iron Man, will launch into theaters on May 2, 2008. Oscar ® nominee Robert Downey, Jr. stars as Tony Stark/ Iron Man in the story of a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Instead, using his intelligence and ingenuity, Tony builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implication, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man. The film also stars Oscar® nominee Terrence Howard, Oscar® winner Gwyneth Paltrow and Oscar® nominee Jeff Bridges and will be directed by Jon Favreau. Paramount Pictures will distribute the film domestically and in various international territories.

"When we first heard the news about Marvel becoming a studio we were very intrigued," explained ILM President Chrissie England. "Marvel has a rich library of fantastic storylines and iconic characters and Kevin Feige is the perfect person to lead them to success. When Iron Man was announced here at ILM the artists started knocking down my door asking to be assigned to the project. We are all thrilled at the opportunity to work on this film and equally excited for our new relationship with Marvel."

"This is also a great script, with new and challenging work, which is just the way we like it here," added Visual Effects Supervisor Ben Snow (Star Wars: Episode II, King Kong) who is heading up the ILM team with Oscar winning Animation Supervisor Hal Hickel (Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, 3). Wayne Billheimer is producing for ILM, with Gretchen Libby as ILM's Executive Producer on the project.

"We are thrilled to partner with Industrial Light & Magic on Iron Man. Their resume speaks for itself, and the visual effects expertise they bring to this project fit perfectly with the high-tech look and feel of this film. Through this collaborative effort, we look forward to providing movie-goers the high-action, visually compelling entertainment they expect from the Marvel brand," said Kevin Feige, President of Production, Marvel Studios.
Marvel's SVP of Post Production, Charlie Davis elaborates, "The post production process on a movie of this scope is always very complex and having ILM create the Visual effects, Skywalker Sound design and mix the sound, and E-film digital color time the picture all in close proximity up in San Francisco is the best of all worlds come together."
Touting a new relationship with EFILM at the Ranch, Skywalker Sound's VP and general manager Glenn Kiser stated, "Because of EFILM's DI suite at the Ranch, our clients can now finish sound and picture at the same time under one roof. At Skywalker, we've always coupled the best creative talent with top technology, and we're looking forward to showing off our best work on Iron Man. We can't wait to have Jon Favreau and his team in the house." Multiple Oscar winner Chris Boyes (Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Titanic) will tackle sound design and the mix.

Anyway ILM is on board so the special effects should look very good in this movie the sound should also be good since they got Chris Boyes on board, I mean he won an Oscar for his work with The Lord of the Rings.

Here is a Cast photo for right now.
1206header_banner4172018.jpg

Robert Downey Jnr looks right as Tony Stark, as does Terence Howard as Jim Rhodes. Gweneth Paltrow is Gweneth Paltrow and looks right as Pepper Pots. Jeff Bridges just looks weird without his hair. But how they have portrayed everyone looks good so far the only worry I have is the Mandarin how are they going to Portray him in the movie.

Clip of the movie

This looks interesting having seen this, The Car is just awesome. An Audi R8 just looks beautiful. This just confirms that Robert Downey Jnr is right for the role as his voice oozes the suaveness that is required for Tony Stark to be pulled off.

Shadowmancer, just so you know, the posters you put up are fakes, designed by fans. The second one has 2006 as the date. Also, Mandarin will not be the villian. Instead, it will be Iron Monger aka Obidiah Stane. Mandarin will most likely be in the possible sequel.

No it was a previously planned Iron Man that fell through, you can tell that because New Line isn't the company behind it. Paramount is. Also the Top one does have the official site in there despite the fact the site doesn't have much on it right now. Mandarin will be in this one but probably a small cameo in the end of the Movie. but anyway this should be a good movie anyway.

I have absolutely NO idea how I could've NOT known about this. I love almost every Marvel movie thats ever been made. (except The Hulk) And I've been waiting for an Iron Man movie. Last I knew they brought out that cartoon dvd & I didn't even bother, cause it pissed me off that I thought they weren't making an actual movie.

Now then.. my slight issue with this.. wasn't Nick Fury a WHITE guy? Don't get me wrong, I'm FAR more in favor of Jackson doing it than Hasselhoff, or whatever.. but this is kinda what I hate about people making Marvel movies. They screw with characters just to fill the spots with big-name actors/actresses.

Side note: I wanted Gambit to be in the X-Men trilogy so badly, & originally someone confirmed Van Dam to play the role.. but it got scrapped or something.. & then my hopes were once again brought up, as they started the rumors of Beast, Angel & Gambit being the three main (new) characters in the Last Stand.. & that didnt turn out.. (for Gambit, anyways)

I really don't know how they could've played him in, anyways.. as his storyline with Rogue would've been all screwed up. Sorry.. I kinda fell off topic.. I can't wait for Iron Man, does anyone have a release date for it, other than 2008?

Its in the first poster that D.C. put up. It is May 2 apparently at this stage it is Northern hemisphere summer movie that will be one of the Big Summer Movies next year.

Here is the Link to the Teaser Trailer, updated from the one they showed at Comicon.

Iron Man Teaser Trailer

This makes me want to go see the movie even more as it just looks awesome, Robert Downey Jnr. portrays Tony Stark to a Tee. He has the look and the style down. There is a good bit of comedy in the Teaser but that just adds to the kick arse nature of the teaser.

Never read any Iron Man. But that trailer certainly makes me want to. It looks really cool. And any film with Jeff Bridges, Terrence Howard and Robert Downey Jr is going to be awesome in my book. I'll forget about Gwyneth Paltrow.

[youtube]6Hx6TEqrzHU[/youtube]

New trailer. Don't really know what purpose it serves as there's fuck all new information there, but I'm loving the Tony Stark character more every day. I mean, yeah, Spider-Man makes wisecracks but nothing genuinely funny: "Let's face it, this isn't the worst thing you've caught me doing." Call me childish but I found that funny. My only experience with Iron Man has been The Ultimates Iron Man and the Iron Man during the Civil War, cool to see that the movie version is a bit of a mixture of both, although he'll hopefully be more Ultimate Iron Man. Obviously, they've scrapped the brain tumor reinvention for the hole shrapnel in heart thing, but the Marvel films are pretty much set the in the Ultimate Universe anyway.

They are going off of the original origin of Iron Man. So not the Crappy Ultimates origin. Hopefully they make him the raging Alchoholic and Womaniser that fans of Iron Man all know and love. If you like Iron Man read the stuff post-Captain Amerca's death. With the exception of Thor v3 #3. There is a article that Im going to post in Chit Chat that goes into a great Psychological Overview of Iron Man and Comics in General.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back