Int'l Region, Third Round, Ult. Submission Match:(1)Ric Flair vs.(9)Ultimate Warrior

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Ric Flair

• Ultimate Warrior

Results are only viewable after voting.
Passing out is the same as submissions here, right?

Warrior's too prideful to give up, but that doesn't mean he won't submit. It means that he'll merely be unable to respond when his hand's raised three times and falls down.

Warrior has NO submission moves in his arsenal that I'm aware of, so how can he possibly submit Flair or anyone for that matter?

If Flair makes him pass out to the Figure Four once, then he'd win, because Warrior doesn't have any submission moves in his repertoire.

There will be other times to try to find a way to get Flair out of this thing, but at least have it be logical.

I never actually specified if it did or not but for argument's sake we'll say it does.

Warrior has a bearhug and he's won a match with a sleeper before. It's certainly possible, just like Flair giving up to something early on and thinking he can come back later on for the win.

The recent Rusev and Cena matches have shown that you can win by submission by choking your opponent out. That requires nothing but brute force, so Warrior could win that way. Equally, as has been mentioned, the figure four can easily be used against the person applying it.

Flair may well have won the title a lot more times, but his average reign is shorter than Warrior's title reign. I've said it before and I'll say it again:- Title reigns are for losers. Vote Warrior.

I love how all of your arguments on here are that Flair's gonna be mangled to death by Warrior, and just say 'FUCK IT! WOOOOO! I QUIT!' ...

If Flair can make the likes of Macho Man pass out, Terry Funk say 'I Quit', and make numerous others submit or pass out to his Figure Four leglock, he can do it to Warrior.

Warrior has NO SUBMISSION moves in his arsenal, and despite the argument that he's big and doesn't need to have skills, he just needs to be able to get a hold of Flair, it doesn't work here.

The Flair hate on here's hilarious, sometimes.

Be fair to Flair and try to screw him out of a much more conventional match that he shouldn't win as opposed to one where he's the clear cut favorite here.

I never actually specified if it did or not but for argument's sake we'll say it does.

Warrior has a bearhug and he's won a match with a sleeper before. It's certainly possible, just like Flair giving up to something early on and thinking he can come back later on for the win.

Possible, but probably won't happen.

I can't recall Flair ever submitting to anything other than a Sharpshooter to Bret Hart and the Chicken Wing to Ricky Steamboat. Those guys were excellent technical wrestlers who were skilled in submissions.

Warrior's not skilled at all in submissions and Flair's a technical genius in that sense. It's nuts that this has legs to it.

Flair did the job a whole lot, but in this kind of match? In a booking sense, it renders his Figure Four useless in the future and makes him look inept in the ring as he can't even win in a specialty match that suits him.

I think Flair makes Warrior pass out at least once, Warrior tries to kill Flair, only for time to run out and a bloody, mangled Flair moves on with a loud 'WOOOOOOO!'

I love how all of your arguments on here are that Flair's gonna be mangled to death by Warrior, and just say 'FUCK IT! WOOOOO! I QUIT!' ...

If Flair can make the likes of Macho Man pass out, Terry Funk say 'I Quit', and make numerous others submit or pass out to his Figure Four leglock, he can do it to Warrior.

Warrior has NO SUBMISSION moves in his arsenal, and despite the argument that he's big and doesn't need to have skills, he just needs to be able to get a hold of Flair, it doesn't work here.

The Flair hate on here's hilarious, sometimes.

Be fair to Flair and try to screw him out of a much more conventional match that he shouldn't win as opposed to one where he's the clear cut favorite here.

Serious question - have you read any of this thread?

Because literally the first line of the post you've quoted has me saying that Flair doesn't need to tap out, he just has to pass out. Given that Warrior has a history of breaking submissions and not tapping out, and Ric Flair has a history of failing to make uber faces tap out, your version of my post isn't far wrong.

Look I get that you were one of the three people watching the NWA in the 80s, so you've got to back your man up. Th rest of the world was watching Warrior and Hogan not submitting on the other channel.

Possible, but probably won't happen.

I can't recall Flair ever submitting to anything other than a Sharpshooter to Bret Hart and the Chicken Wing to Ricky Steamboat. Those guys were excellent technical wrestlers who were skilled in submissions.

Warrior's not skilled at all in submissions and Flair's a technical genius in that sense. It's nuts that this has legs to it.

Flair did the job a whole lot, but in this kind of match? In a booking sense, it renders his Figure Four useless in the future and makes him look inept in the ring as he can't even win in a specialty match that suits him.

I think Flair makes Warrior pass out at least once, Warrior tries to kill Flair, only for time to run out and a bloody, mangled Flair moves on with a loud 'WOOOOOOO!'

Also Sting at World War 3 1995.

I'd point you to Bischoff telling Cena that he had to win a handicap submission match against Masters and Angle, which was the debut of the STFU. If Warrior has to win by submission, he could find one. Hogan busted out a basic camel clutch at Fall Brawl 1995 to win in WarGames. In the same match, Savage tried a Boston Crab. Wrestlers, even insane ones with limited technical ability, can use submissions when necessary.

I can't picture Flair making Warrior pass out though. Warrior survived five elbows in a row, and I think he could turn a figure four over.

Because literally the first line of the post you've quoted has me saying that Flair doesn't need to tap out, he just has to pass out. Given that Warrior has a history of breaking submissions and not tapping out, and Ric Flair has a history of failing to make uber faces tap out, your version of my post isn't far wrong.

Look I get that you were one of the three people watching the NWA in the 80s, so you've got to back your man up. Th rest of the world was watching Warrior and Hogan not submitting on the other channel.

I was also watching Flair not passing out or submitting like crazy, too. Warrior will not make Flair pass out to anything. Warrior can be had in this match and it's illogical to think otherwise. Saying Warrior wouldn't pass out to a submission is totally nuts. This is coming from an avid Warrior fan. Fact is, Flair has used his Figure Four for many years. Warrior would be learning a brand new move to use in the match, a move that I'm sure Flair's prepared for.

So 'my boy' should move on here, but I can see where many think otherwise. It's not like this place uses logic to vote in this thing anyway.

I'd point you to Bischoff telling Cena that he had to win a handicap submission match against Masters and Angle, which was the debut of the STFU. If Warrior has to win by submission, he could find one. Hogan busted out a basic camel clutch at Fall Brawl 1995 to win in WarGames. In the same match, Savage tried a Boston Crab. Wrestlers, even insane ones with limited technical ability, can use submissions when necessary.

I can't picture Flair making Warrior pass out though. Warrior survived five elbows in a row, and I think he could turn a figure four over.

I can see it. Not saying it'd have to be for an hour or anything, but Flair can get a pass out from Warrior. Also there's no DQ, so Flair can use the ropes or whatever leverage he wanted to win this thing.

And I'm aware that Warrior could use something to hurt Flair, but it's not like Flair gave up at every turn. He was tough as hell, and took beatings from the best of all time and came out the winner.

I'll still take Flair in this one.

If he had read what I'd said, it would make sense. The Owen Hart match is at longer than the time stated - that video is the second half of it.

To counter the point about the time thing. At the end of the Savage match at WrestleMania VII - after he's had 5 finishers or whatever it was - he still does his usual shtick. Like I said, I can accept that Jim Hellwig got tired, the Yltimate Warrior character clearly never did.

I'll assume when you say he you meant me.

I did read and understand your point. Point is however that it really has nothing to do with the argument. People are saying Warrior won't submit. not Warrior won't be placed in a submission move. What you have shown is that it is difficult to place a submission move on him. If your argument is Flair will never get the figure Four slapped on then fine, point taken. But that is not the discussion.

The concept of saying Warrior has never submitted is not applicable because he has never used a submission is asinine. This is a submission match and lord almighty here are the facts:

1) Warrior could come up with a big man submission because he HAS to here. He has never been mandated to use one and that is not a good point against him.

2) He has faced numerous opponents who have used a submission as the finisher and yet never submitted ever. If that doesn't get him over in a submission match I dunno what does.

3) Flair has a rep for LOSING to the big babyfaces (see Sting and Hogan) with these guys turning over or powering out of the patent submission.

Closing Argument:

Warrior might not go far but deserves to win here. The stip suits him, and the opponent is someone who has a history of losing to stars of the Warrior's status.

First part...who and when?

Second part...not in his prime he didn't. Everyone wants to keep matching up Warriors prime vs Flair past his. Guess that's the only way the argument works.

Two people does not a history make. And Flair in his prime beat top faces with the hold.

yes I watched NWA, AWA, WCCW and WWF in the 80s. I watched Warrior when he was Dingo. I watched his run in the late 80s. Having seen both in their prime I can say Flair should win.

PAST HIS PRIME! Aren't your rules for this prime vs prime? Why do you insist on not following them?

First part...who and when?

Second part...not in his prime he didn't. Everyone wants to keep matching up Warriors prime vs Flair past his. Guess that's the only way the argument works.

He's been put in the Cobra clutch, Million dollar sleeper in big matches and didn't lose by those maneuvers. He lost Slaugter because Savage broke a goddamn scepter over his head and got pinned.

Flair in his prime traded wins with Dusty, Koloff and Steamboat; Warrior in his prime was rarely beat. You're making an ass of yourself if you think Flair was nearly as unbeatable as Warrior in his prime.

Rules: This match has a thirty minute time limit with the most submissions in the time limit winning. There are no pinfalls, countouts or submissions.

No submissions in an ultimate submission match!? WHO DIVIDED BY ZERO!?

We're talking about a match booked under the extensive and evolving rules of pro-wrestling. Ric Flair never really worked with The Ultimate Warrior, so we have to imagine how that kind of deal would have worked itself out.

I'm assuming that this match would also have no disqualifications.

When Warrior HAD to lose, he did under circumstances that he dictated. If he was going to lose, he would be set up with this kind of match.

Hear me out. Ultimate Warrior obliterates Ric Flair. He presses him, stomps him, collides with him and splashes him. In his fury, he loses track of how this is a submission match.

Ric is the dirtiest player in the game, and he's in a match that focuses on submission and he CAN'T be disqualified. Ric would have more plans than there are letters of the alphabet for this one, this is a perfect Ric Flair type of match.

Warrior took a scepter to the head and laid down for Sergeant Slaughter.

I can see Ric using a "foreign" object to attack Warrior's knee, the Horsemen interfering, a crooked ref looking the other way while Ric screams "I QUIT" at the top of his lungs while in a bear hug, Bobby Heenan leaping from the commentators table to pull Ric's hand closer to the ropes and Rick Rude hitting Warrior in the head with the Intercontinental Belt. The finish being time ticking away and Warrior passing out while in the figure four leg-lock.

Ric Flair wins 1-0​

No submissions in an ultimate submission match!? WHO DIVIDED BY ZERO!?

We're talking about a match booked under the extensive and evolving rules of pro-wrestling. Ric Flair never really worked with The Ultimate Warrior, so we have to imagine how that kind of deal would have worked itself out.

I'm assuming that this match would also have no disqualifications.

When Warrior HAD to lose, he did under circumstances that he dictated. If he was going to lose, he would be set up with this kind of match.

Hear me out. Ultimate Warrior obliterates Ric Flair. He presses him, stomps him, collides with him and splashes him. In his fury, he loses track of how this is a submission match.

Ric is the dirtiest player in the game, and he's in a match that focuses on submission and he CAN'T be disqualified. Ric would have more plans than there are letters of the alphabet for this one, this is a perfect Ric Flair type of match.

Warrior took a scepter to the head and laid down for Sergeant Slaughter.

I can see Ric using a "foreign" object to attack Warriors knee, the Horsemen interfering, a crooked ref looking the other way while Ric screams "I QUIT" at the top of his lungs while in a bear hug, Bobby Heenan leaping from the commentators table to pull Ric's hand closer to the ropes and Rick Rude hitting Warrior in the head with the Intercontinental Belt. The finish being time ticking away and Warrior passing out while in the figure four leg-lock.

Ric Flair wins 1-0

I am too lazy to find it, but the tournament is assumed to have no interference.

Warrior has never submitted. I mean, that's all that really needs to be said. Add in the fact that's he nuts and super strong, and he can find a way to make Flair either tap out or pass out. Load the spaceship with the rocket fuel and blast off to the next round.

I am too lazy to find it, but the tournament is assumed to have no interference.

Fine, we'll omit the interference.

Warrior has never submitted. I mean, that's all that really needs to be said. Add in the fact that's he nuts and super strong, and he can find a way to make Flair either tap out or pass out. Load the spaceship with the rocket fuel and blast off to the next round.

Mick Foley didn't really submit when a recording of him saying "I QUIT!" from a promo he'd made prior to his match with Rock played over the arena speakers, but Rock still won.

He can find a way to make Flair tap out or pass out, if his marbles are all in one bag for ten seconds during the match. The most I could see him doing is a bear hug, leaving Ric's thumb free to gouge at Warrior's eye.

Load the spaceship!? Good grief. Now we're just freestyling. Where was his "SPACESHIP" during this match!?

[YOUTUBE]dSZzXYQasiA[/YOUTUBE]

Didn't really see Warrior keeping that whole Warrior ethos intact during a match that had to last for longer than two minutes. The ultimate submission match in question is thirty minutes long. Have you EVER seen Warrior last for half that long and look like he's nearly as energetic as he was when he sprinted to the ring?

Didn't really see Warrior keeping that whole Warrior ethos intact during a match that had to last for longer than two minutes. The ultimate submission match in question is thirty minutes long. Have you EVER seen Warrior last for half that long and look like he's nearly as energetic as he was when he sprinted to the ring?

He lasted 28 minutes with Savage at SSlam 92 did 22 with Hogan at Mania, he has cardio for the big matches and really someone's said this 5 pages ago already

Lets take this down to the wire, people need to give in written votes for their picks now coz I think this is a tie.

Fine, we'll omit the interference.

Mick Foley didn't really submit when a recording of him saying "I QUIT!" from a promo he'd made prior to his match with Rock played over the arena speakers, but Rock still won.

Arguing for a Dusty finish doesn't really help your cause.

He can find a way to make Flair tap out or pass out, if his marbles are all in one bag for ten seconds during the match. The most I could see him doing is a bear hug, leaving Ric's thumb free to gouge at Warrior's eye.

Yes, because he'll only try it once :rolleyes:

Load the spaceship!? Good grief. Now we're just freestyling. Where was his "SPACESHIP" during this match!?

They're always so cute when they're dumb.

Go read the rest of this thread so you can see why you're wrong.

He lasted 28 minutes with Savage at SSlam 92 did 22 with Hogan at Mania, he has cardio for the big matches and really someone's said this 5 pages ago already

Lets take this down to the wire, people need to give in written votes for their picks now coz I think this is a tie.

Yes I know, I'm late to this discussion and I apologize for beating what I didn't know was a dead horse. I made the moot point of critiquing Warrior's cardio, but now I'd like to shamelessly evolve that point into examining the content of the match I posted.

I'm sure that Warrior was told to sell huge to Flair's moves, and his willingness to do so was likely motivated by the fact that the broadcast wasn't going on national airwaves. This match is, I'm assuming, totally focused on the kayfabe of pro-wrestling.

To my knowledge, that was their only encounter. Notice how Warrior wasn't a whirling dervish of fists and body slams, his only notable offense was kicking Flair away during a figure four defense. The main argument seems to be that Warrior would launch at Flair and never slow down for the entire thirty minutes.

Even though I have had NO TIME to participate so far in the tourney, with the closeness of the vote I thought I'd get a written vote in for Flair here.

This should be a no brainer. The submission stip suits Flair better, the fact that you can't be DQ'd here fits Flair better. So the gimmick is in Flair's favor.

And EVERYTHING else is in Flair's favor. Warrior's career amounted to a flash in the pan, a giant and spectacular flash, but a Flash none-the-less. While Flair was far greater in every way for far longer, and did it as a contemporary to Warrior. Warrior is not in Flair's league, nowhere close. To assert that he is or to assert that this stip, which heavily favors Flair unless you're lying to yourself, is enough to make up that gap, is lunacy.

Let's get Ric another vote and break this tie.

Arguing for a Dusty finish doesn't really help your cause.

Oh god, here we go again. Look, you suggested that the only possible way for Warrior to lose this match would be for him to consciously submit. That hasn't always been the case, I didn't see a caveat for this match stating that there could be no precursor to a dusty finish. Making an argument without an explanation doesn't help your cause.

Yes, because he'll only try it once :rolleyes:

I never suggested that Warrior would only do the move once. Sarcasm and fallacious logic don't combine to make a valid argument.

They're always so cute when they're dumb.

And you take me seriously enough to have this debate. If your standards are so high, just let me have my ignorance.

Go read the rest of this thread so you can see why you're wrong.

Okay, I'll go find the explanations that you were too lazy to imagine. This was a good debate.

The concept of saying Warrior has never submitted is not applicable because he has never used a submission is asinine. This is a submission match and lord almighty here are the facts:

1) Warrior could come up with a big man submission because he HAS to here. He has never been mandated to use one and that is not a good point against him.

2) He has faced numerous opponents who have used a submission as the finisher and yet never submitted ever. If that doesn't get him over in a submission match I dunno what does.

3) Flair has a rep for LOSING to the big babyfaces (see Sting and Hogan) with these guys turning over or powering out of the patent submission.

Closing Argument:

Warrior might not go far but deserves to win here. The stip suits him, and the opponent is someone who has a history of losing to stars of the Warrior's status.

He's been put in the Cobra clutch, Million dollar sleeper in big matches and didn't lose by those maneuvers. He lost Slaugter because Savage broke a goddamn scepter over his head and got pinned.

Flair in his prime traded wins with Dusty, Koloff and Steamboat; Warrior in his prime was rarely beat. You're making an ass of yourself if you think Flair was nearly as unbeatable as Warrior in his prime.

You said numerous, I ask who, and you can only come up with two opponents? Neither on the level of Flair in his prime. And didn't he only wrestle Slaughter once? Now who looks silly.

Yes, he did trade wins. The point is, in a tournament like this, one and done, with everything on the line, prime Flair would win. Everyone else is using older Flair examples as to why he would lose.

If you want to use the two year or so kayfabe run the Warrior had as your basis for voting fine. But like Bernkastel has said in other threads in this tournament, be consistent. By this kayfabe logic Warrior should win this entire thing. Can't wait to see what happens when he gets up against one of everyone's attitude era darlings.

Also, since it was brought up again...Warrior does not have to consciously submit. If he passed out, like stone Cold( another guy who would never submit ) it would be over.

Also also, I know the voting is over but I was at work and couldn't respond in a timely fashion.

Goddamn this thread is tiring.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed reading all of the support for Flair, but come on people. There is no way that Flair is going to win this match. First off, and the most important point, Warrior never submitted during his career. Secondly, Flair submitted more than any other main event star ever. Third, Flair has a long history of losing to the uber babyfaces like Warrior. Sting and Hogan come to mind(For those saying that his losses to Sting and Hogan weren't in Flair's prime, you're right, however, I point you to Ricky Steamboat for perspective).

Wait.....what? It's over? Damn, I just realized that the poll has closed in mid post. I'm not letting it go to waste though. I'll end it with this:

Warrior wins!!! Whether you like it or you don't like it. Learn to love it because its the best going today.

Goddamn this thread is tiring.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed reading all of the support for Flair, but come on people. There is no way that Flair is going to win this match. First off, and the most important point, Warrior never submitted during his career. Secondly, Flair submitted more than any other main event star ever. Third, Flair has a long history of losing to the uber babyfaces like Warrior. Sting and Hogan come to mind(For those saying that his losses to Sting and Hogan weren't in Flair's prime, you're right, however, I point you to Ricky Steamboat for perspective).

Wait.....what? It's over? Damn, I just realized that the poll has closed in mid post. I'm not letting it go to waste though. I'll end it with this:

Warrior wins!!! Whether you like it or you don't like it. Learn to love it because its the best going today.

Since its over I won't argue any points but I will say this...

remember this argument if Warrior ends up vs Taker. Who Warrior dominated.

Since its over I won't argue any points but I will say this...

remember this argument if Warrior ends up vs Taker. Who Warrior dominated.

Remember what argument? The fact that Warrior never submitted? Ok, I'll remember that.

I don't want to argue the match yet, however, if I recall correctly, 'Taker and Warrior only had one on screen match. Which was a body bag match where Warrior did in fact win; after hitting 'Taker over the head with his own urn. Other than that, they fought in a lot of house shows that mostly(if not all) ended in DQ's or countouts.

Also, this time period, mid 1991, wasn't close to 'Taker's prime.

Remember what argument? The fact that Warrior never submitted? Ok, I'll remember that.

I don't want to argue the match yet, however, if I recall correctly, 'Taker and Warrior only had one on screen match. Which was a body bag match where Warrior did in fact win; after hitting 'Taker over the head with his own urn. Other than that, they fought in a lot of house shows that mostly(if not all) ended in DQ's or countouts.

Also, this time period, mid 1991, wasn't close to 'Taker's prime.

No, the argument, kayfabe, that for those three years the Warrior was unstoppable. Although admittedly you really haven't made that one.

Funny though that you are already arguing that Warrior won outside of Taker's prime yet you have argued for Warrior based on events in Flair's career well past his prime.

There are some serious idiots on this forum.

You can bash me all you want for respecting Ric Flair and all he accomplished and for being one of the few people that may have actually watched Flair wrestle when he wasn't past his prime, but to vote for Warrior for the simple reason that he's never submitted is asinine.

Flair didn't submit nearly as much as being led on here, and with no DQ, this match is tailor made for a Flair win. He doesn't have to worry about hiding a foreign object or doing anything to hide from the referee. He can grab a tire iron from under the ring and fuck Warrior's knee up, slap on that Figure Four, make Warrior pass out and win the motherfucker. Warrior's leg's banged up, so he can't muster up the strength to even get Flair in a submission hold, thus Flair walks away with a win.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooo

'DERP. WARROIORZ NEVER LAWST IN HIS PRIMEZ'.

Give me a break. Flair rarely lost in his prime. And when he did, it was to a roll up or being pinned. Not submitting. He submitted later on in his career to Hart, Sting, Steamboat, etc, but in his prime, he hardly ever gave up.

But whatever. This is par for fucking course in this tournament.

I hope the irony of being as magnanimous in defeat as Ric Flair would be after losing to the Ultimate Warrior isn't lost on you.

My take is this - this was, rightly, a very close run affair for the right, wrongly, to lose to Bret Hart in the next round. Warrior has gone out to some prime bullshit in the past - this time he has progressed. The fact is, both of these guys are worthy of a spot in the last 16, but there was only room for one.

I thought team Flair had won when it got to 39 all, but obviously the Warrior started shaking the ropes. 5 years ago, the backlash against Edge meant that he has basically been hammered ever since. I know people love Flair and feel this is some massive injustice, but rather than getting bogged down in why it is or isn't, let's move on to the Warrior vs Hart match with a clean slate and open minds.

There are some serious idiots on this forum.

You can bash me all you want for respecting Ric Flair and all he accomplished and for being one of the few people that may have actually watched Flair wrestle when he wasn't past his prime, but to vote for Warrior for the simple reason that he's never submitted is asinine.

Flair didn't submit nearly as much as being led on here, and with no DQ, this match is tailor made for a Flair win. He doesn't have to worry about hiding a foreign object or doing anything to hide from the referee. He can grab a tire iron from under the ring and fuck Warrior's knee up, slap on that Figure Four, make Warrior pass out and win the motherfucker. Warrior's leg's banged up, so he can't muster up the strength to even get Flair in a submission hold, thus Flair walks away with a win.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooo

'DERP. WARROIORZ NEVER LAWST IN HIS PRIMEZ'.

Give me a break. Flair rarely lost in his prime. And when he did, it was to a roll up or being pinned. Not submitting. He submitted later on in his career to Hart, Sting, Steamboat, etc, but in his prime, he hardly ever gave up.

But whatever. This is par for fucking course in this tournament.

This is the kind of sore loser behaviour that I don't appreciate.

Flair traded wins with Dusty, Koloff then Steamboat then Sting. 3 of them were the top BABYFACES of his time. Flair was pre dominantly a heel and I don't have to profess how good he was in that role and as a wrestler; thats just outta the question.

But looking at the stip, Warrior should win this. For fuck's sake I won't like it if my fav is eliminated but everyone here gave great great points for both and the right man won. And you creating the scenario of Flair using a foreign object is well and good but then so is Warrior busting out a submission just for this match (ala STFU Cena that fateful night) and winning this. We can speculate all we want, which is what this is all about, and the most likeliest and calculated of scenarios should always win. But the most damning piece of wrestling history is that Warrior has never submitted and this is an ultimate submission match.

Well done everyone, this has been a glorious debate. I'll catch yar asses in the next round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back