Int'l Region, Third Round, Ult. Submission Match:(1)Ric Flair vs.(9)Ultimate Warrior

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Ric Flair

• Ultimate Warrior

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is the kind of sore loser behaviour that I don't appreciate.

Flair traded wins with Dusty, Koloff then Steamboat then Sting. 3 of them were the top BABYFACES of his time. Flair was pre dominantly a heel and I don't have to profess how good he was in that role and as a wrestler; thats just outta the question.

But looking at the stip, Warrior should win this. For fuck's sake I won't like it if my fav is eliminated but everyone here gave great great points for both and the right man won. And you creating the scenario of Flair using a foreign object is well and good but then so is Warrior busting out a submission just for this match (ala STFU Cena that fateful night) and winning this. We can speculate all we want, which is what this is all about, and the most likeliest and calculated of scenarios should always win. But the most damning piece of wrestling history is that Warrior has never submitted and this is an ultimate submission match.

Well done everyone, this has been a glorious debate. I'll catch yar asses in the next round.

I just do not get how this was a good stip, and none of the arguments that it was ever held up.

You even had people making far reaching hypothosises to support their arguments, like when KB is called out on the hypocrisy of voting for Warrior here, but voting against Yokozuna who fit that same criteria of never submitting... he theorized that Warrior just looked like someone who wouldn't submit, while Yoko looked like someone who didn't have to submit.

Problem with that was... Warrior was never put into a position to test that, while Yoko was against Bret Hart and passed (he didn't submit). He got it completely backwards, but that didn't matter.

With this result and the reasoning why though... I would hope that going forward the reasoning stays consistent. Since Warrior really ever only lost twice that I can think of (unless anyone counts that WCW run, and since no one counts his pre-WWF work), and both times were by serious interference... he should be the odds on favorite at this point to win the entire tournament... keeping with the same reasoning that was used to have him win this match.

Like you said though. The winner of this gets the honor of losing to Bret Hart, so the reasoning probably won't stay consistent.

Like you said though. The winner of this gets the honor of losing to Bret Hart, so the reasoning probably won't stay consistent.

I didnt say that but boy oh boy, judging by that statement ^ Warrior/Hart is gonna be doozy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back