Indy Wrestling>The Mainstream

CMCoke42381

Occasional Pre-Show
Does anyone other than me here prefer ROH/PWG/Puro ect over WWE/TNA? Ive been a life long WWE Fan and free tv Wrestling because well it's free and on tv. I don't get HDNet like most other Americans I imagine don't but have seen a few ROH TV Shows and it just makes me think of AWA/NWA remastered. I like most others rely on ROH DVD releases and the occasional live show to get my fix. With money so tight for me this year im far behind on my ROH DVD collection "SCOH 4" is my latest ROH DVD. At times I get aggravated with The E like I am now and want my ROH for just the Wrestling Matches and say fuck the soap opera part for now. So is there anyone here who is more of a ROH/Indy Wrestling Fan or do you just switch up at times when your in the mood for 1 more then the other? I would purchase more ROH DVD's if they were $15 instead of $20 a pop, their not WWE or TNA so I dont know why they cant be $15. Yeah I know they heavily rely on their DVD Sales to keep business afloat but still. I see alot of fans these days that crap on ROH and I think they do so just because half their fan base are know it all asshole types that tear into you for just having a opinion. The way ive always viewed a great Wrestling Match is by the pure sport of the match and ring work, im not as high on the psychology aspect as say The E is. And no I dont think head drops are needed, actually I hate them and real spot monkeys like Teddy Hart. From my experiences live shows from ROH are so much better then WWE as the fans there act like they actually wanna be there and aren't just waiting to see the top star or a over the top ******ed comedy angle. ROH IMA was better in 05-07 but still produces the best "wrestling matches" well as far as what I want out of a match as a wrestling fan. Opinions and thoughts?...

Does anyone other than me here prefer ROH/PWG/Puro ect over WWE/TNA? Ive been a life long WWE Fan and free tv Wrestling because well it's free and on tv.

Yep. I have also been a lifelong WWE fan (still am), but I definately prefer ROH. I just love independent wrestling in general. Back in the 90's ECW was my promotion of choice and currently ROH is the equivelant of what ECW was for me 10 years ago.

I don't get HDNet like most other Americans I imagine don't but have seen a few ROH TV Shows and it just makes me think of AWA/NWA remastered. I like most others rely on ROH DVD releases and the occasional live show to get my fix.

I do get HDNet so I get to watch weekly. I'm also lucky that Philly is close to where I live, so I get to attend live ROH shows monthly since Philly is where all the TV tapings take place. I would agree that ROH is reminiscent of the old NWA or AWA shows. While they do incorporate many of the sports entertainment aspects that the WWE does, but ROH is certainly much more wrestling driven much like the old NWA or AWA was.

The way ive always viewed a great Wrestling Match is by the pure sport of the match and ring work, im not as high on the psychology aspect as say The E is. And no I dont think head drops are needed, actually I hate them and real spot monkeys like Teddy Hart. From my experiences live shows from ROH are so much better then WWE as the fans there act like they actually wanna be there and aren't just waiting to see the top star or a over the top ******ed comedy angle. ROH IMA was better in 05-07 but still produces the best "wrestling matches" well as far as what I want out of a match as a wrestling fan. Opinions and thoughts?...

I agree that ROH puts forwards the best wrestling matches available today. The shows have a great balance of styles. Just about every show has a great technical match, a great match with lots of high spots and a great match with some hardcore aspects. ROH shows usually have something for everyone.

Contrary to popular belief, ROH does have storylines and there is a great deal of psychology involved in the matches. The difference is that ROH plays out their storylines through the matches rather than numerous promos. Of course, promos are still an important part of any storyline and they are incorporated.

It's true that ROH had a stronger product back in 2005, but that's because there was a stronger talent pool. ROH has had alot of talent leave for TNA and the WWE over the past 4 years- most of which were main event guys. Just like any company, there will be ups and downs. ROH has always done a great job of transitioning others into those main events spots that have been vacated. The product is still solid right now with Austin Aries at the top of the talent pool. Not to mention guys like Chris Hero, Roderick Strong and Tyler Black are going to get their time shine in the near future.

I heard the current Philly crowd is "WWE like" as far as the ROH Shows go with a bunch of kids and all, is that true? And I miss old ROH Philly Shows, you know REAL Shows lol. NYC has this East Coast monopoly with ROH, not trying to complain but it's not fair to those who dont have a easy drive to NYC/Philly ect. I would do NYC often but I really dont have Manhattan Hotel money lol.

Indy wrestling doesn't even come close to being able to compete with the WWE, in terms of quality matches, or quality of performers. For one thing, Indy matches consist less of realism, workrate, and psychology, and instead replace that with fast pace, unrealistic spots, plethora of moves and unbelievable technical spots. Wrestling is not, and never has been, judged on how fast you can do moves, or how many moves you can do. Wrestling has ALWAYS been about a real life struggle between forces of Good and Evil. That's what indy wrestlers don't seem to grasp.

Indy wrestling today caters to fans who want to be told how "smart" they are to the business, and by catering to those fans, indy workers are, knowingly or not, proving how dumb those fans are. It's sad almost, how the vicious cycle has made wrestling take several steps back in quality.

Dude your negative and a instigator in just about every post of yours Ive seen. Is this Triple H? Seriously... Cant compete with WWE in terms with quality matches? Oh yeah ive only been watching Pro Wrestling for over 20 years now but have yet to drink political WWE kool-aid and think Cena is actually good, so so sorry. Your stereotyping as if all of ROH is spot fests and head drops, you must have not even watched but a few particular wrestlers, shows and or matches. I dont find slow paced over choreographed mainstream crap "entertaining" With what your saying is like saying certain music is better because it's all over MTV rather then something that's underground that doesn't get as much play because they wont conform into what their advertisers and so forth want them to. Im sorry you have garbage taste in what a real good wrestling match actually is. I rather just read then participate on these forums because your the biggest fucking prick on here and get off on being a mod. You make the ROH Forum know it all'ers seem pleasant. Seriously, you debate everything even if it's true, as if you do it just to piss people off. Who the fuck gave you the Dave Meltzer JR award? Apparently you gave it to yourself... It's real fans like me that have passion that keep shit alive and it's know it all negative fucks like you that make it all politics and no fun. Saying fans are dumb for preferring ROH, your not only a fucking dick your the real idiot! Only God knows why every fucking forum on the internet has at least 1 shit head asshole moderator. Sorry your personal life sucks dude but no need to be a dick all the time on the net because of it.

Indy wrestling doesn't even come close to being able to compete with the WWE, in terms of quality matches, or quality of performers.

Awesome. That's your opinion. The topic of this thread asks who else shares the same feelings as the original poster, that indy wrestling is more entertaining than the WWE or TNA. Your opinion is no more valid than his, there is no gauge to determine what is and isn't more entertaining, it's all a matter of personal preference. That's like trying to argue that the color blue is better than green.

For one thing, Indy matches consist less of realism, workrate, and psychology, and instead replace that with fast pace, unrealistic spots, plethora of moves and unbelievable technical spots.

Which entertains people. Which is what some people want to see. If you don't like it, cool, don't watch it. Don't try to act superior to others because we enjoy indy wrestling.

Wrestling is not, and never has been, judged on how fast you can do moves, or how many moves you can do.

This thread isn't about what consists of quality wrestling Sly. It's about what product the OP prefers more, and who agrees with him. Indy wrestling entertains him and many others. Nothing you say will negate that factor. I don't think we really give a shit if you think Bryan Danielson sucks, because all we care about is what entertains us. Not you.

Wrestling has ALWAYS been about a real life struggle between forces of Good and Evil. That's what indy wrestlers don't seem to grasp.

Utter bullshit. You act like storylines and angles don't exist in indy wrestling. ROH and other indies use the same kinds of storylines and angles that promotions have been using for decades. The storylines you see in ROH right now are no different from the kinds of angles you'd see in the NWA 25 years ago.

Indy wrestling today caters to fans who want to be told how "smart" they are to the business, and by catering to those fans, indy workers are, knowingly or not, proving how dumb those fans are. It's sad almost, how the vicious cycle has made wrestling take several steps back in quality.

We get it Sly. You don't like indy wrestling. We do. Nothing you say is going to change this. What's funny is how you harp on and on about indie wrestling "smarks" being these pretentious elitists, and yet your elitism displayed here rivals any Cena-haters or ROH-lovers.

Dude your negative and a instigator in just about every post of yours Ive seen.
No I'm not. I just speak truths. And the truth is that Indy Wrestling doesn't even come close to the WWE.

Is this Triple H?
No, I'm Slyfox. Are you dumb?

Seriously... Cant compete with WWE in terms with quality matches?
Nope.

Oh yeah ive only been watching Pro Wrestling for over 20 years now
Congratulations...who gives a fuck?

but have yet to drink political WWE kool-aid and think Cena is actually good, so so sorry.
How does drinking kool-aid make someone think Cena is good? That's stupid.

I don't need kool-aid to know Cena is great.

Your stereotyping as if all of ROH is spot fests and head drops
It's not?

you must have not even watched but a few particular wrestlers, shows and or matches.
The list of wrestlers I've seen participate in ROH:

Antonio Banks
Spanky
AJ Styles
Bryan Danielson
Samoa Joe
CM Punk
Jody Fleisch
Doug Williams
Kenta Kobashi
Nigel McGuiness
Austin Aries
Matt Sydal
Chris Daniels
Homicide
Kamala (FIP, but same thing essentially)
Amazing Red
Briscoes

And others that I don't care to waste my time mentioning anymore.

I dont find slow paced over choreographed mainstream crap "entertaining"
Neither do I? What's your point?

With what your saying is like saying certain music is better because it's all over MTV rather then something that's underground that doesn't get as much play because they wont conform into what their advertisers and so forth want them to.
That's not what I said at all. Did you even bother reading what I said? Not once did I say the WWE was better because it was the WWE. What I said was:

Me said:
For one thing, Indy matches consist less of realism, workrate, and psychology, and instead replace that with fast pace, unrealistic spots, plethora of moves and unbelievable technical spots. Wrestling is not, and never has been, judged on how fast you can do moves, or how many moves you can do. Wrestling has ALWAYS been about a real life struggle between forces of Good and Evil. That's what indy wrestlers don't seem to grasp.

Im sorry you have garbage taste in what a real good wrestling match actually is.
Coming from an indy fan, I'll take that as a compliment.

I rather just read then participate on these forums because your the biggest fucking prick on here and get off on being a mod.
:lmao:

So, I'm not allowed to post my opinion if I'm a mod? Is that what you are saying? :lmao:

Do you realize how ignorant that is? I post just like I would if I was a regular poster, and to say that I shouldn't because I'm an administrator is just stupid.

You make the ROH Forum know it all'ers seem pleasant.
The difference is I actually know what good wrestling is...they don't.

Seriously, you debate everything even if it's true, as if you do it just to piss people off.
How can you debate truth? What I'm debating here is ignorance. Your ignorance, in thinking that Indy wrestling can even come close to matching the WWE.

It's real fans like me that have passion that keep shit alive and it's know it all negative fucks like you that make it all politics and no fun.
This doesn't even begin to make sense.

Saying fans are dumb for preferring ROH
I never said that either. What I said was:

Me said:

Seriously, you should actually read my posts before responding to them.
your not only a fucking dick your he real idiot! Only God knows why every fucking forum on the internet has at least 1 shit head asshole moderator. Sorry your personal life sucks dude but no need to be a dick all the time on the net because of it.
Says the guy who just spent a paragraph insulting me because I don't agree with him.

Pot, meet kettle.

I heard the current Philly crowd is "WWE like" as far as the ROH Shows go with a bunch of kids and all, is that true? And I miss old ROH Philly Shows, you know REAL Shows lol. NYC has this East Coast monopoly with ROH, not trying to complain but it's not fair to those who dont have a easy drive to NYC/Philly ect. I would do NYC often but I really dont have Manhattan Hotel money lol.

Since Philly became the soul site for ROH TV tapings, the crowd has been noticably different. There are alot of annoying kids in attendance and some of the "regulars" aren't don't come anymore. DOn't get me wrong, I still love Philly shows, but having every single TV tapings there- which is 2 nights every month- is a bit of a burn out. The crowd isn't as rabid as they once were. I also attend the ROH shows in Edison so I still get my fill of good ol' regular ROH shows. Unfortunately, they only run Edison 3 times per year.

Awesome. That's your opinion.
Actually, it's a fact. Perhaps some wrestling fans PREFER the lesser quality matches (for various reasons), but it IS a fact that it is lesser quality. If it was equal or better in quality, then it would make more money, since that is the sole purpose of the show.

The topic of this thread asks who else shares the same feelings as the original poster, that indy wrestling is more entertaining than the WWE or TNA.
And I showed why indy wrestling is of lesser quality. What's the problem?

Your opinion is no more valid than his
Oh but it is.

there is no gauge to determine what is and isn't more entertaining
Sure there is. If something is entertaining, people will pay to watch it. Not only is it possible, it's actually quite simple.

Which entertains people.
Indeed it does. And good for those people.

Doesn't change the fact it is inferior wrestling. :shrug:

Which is what some people want to see. If you don't like it, cool, don't watch it. Don't try to act superior to others because we enjoy indy wrestling.
How was I acting superior? Is now professing a desire to watch high caliber wrestling "act(ing) superior"?

This thread isn't about what consists of quality wrestling Sly.
It's about what entertains us, and good wrestling entertains me. It's a shame not everyone has the same standards. If they did, the overall wrestling product might be significantly better.

But as long as indy fans allow piss bucket wrestling, then guys will never be forced to learn the correct way to work a match. And it hurts the overall product in the end.

Indy wrestling entertains him and many others.
Indeed it does. Which is why the overall quality of wrestling everywhere is no where near what it used to be.

I don't think we really give a shit if you think Bryan Danielson sucks, because all we care about is what entertains us. Not you.
Right. You care about enjoying inferior wrestling, and not demanding better quality, thus hurting the overall product. Congratulations, I hope you are happy.

Utter bullshit. You act like storylines and angles don't exist in indy wrestling. ROH and other indies use the same kinds of storylines and angles that promotions have been using for decades.
Who said anything about angles and storylines? I'm talking about the actual in-ring work. Get with the program xfear.

The storylines you see in ROH right now are no different from the kinds of angles you'd see in the NWA 25 years ago.
That may be true...what the fuck does it have to do with what I said?

We get it Sly. You don't like indy wrestling.
This is false. I don't like inferior wrestling. If a promotion could put on good wrestling, then I would like it, regardless of its stature in pro wrestling.

It just so happens all indy wrestling is sucky wrestling right now.

What's funny is how you harp on and on about indie wrestling "smarks" being these pretentious elitists, and yet your elitism displayed here rivals any Cena-haters or ROH-lovers.
So now it's elitist to call shit wrestling shit, and to demand a higher caliber performance?

How the fuck does that work? I'm not asking for these indy guys to be wrestling gods, I'm asking them to try and work a solid match. But they don't. As I said before, they substitute fast pace, unrealistic spots, plethora of moves and non-believable technical spots for quality, because they know their fans are complete marks for that stuff.

And because of that, their fans are the OPPOSITE of smarks, and help decay the quality in the wrestling business.

Actually, it's a fact.

It sure is not. Unless you can show me some mathematic equation that proves this, no Sly, it's an opinion. Nowhere has that been "proven".

Perhaps some wrestling fans PREFER the lesser quality matches (for various reasons), but it IS a fact that it is lesser quality. If it was equal or better in quality, then it would make more money, since that is the sole purpose of the show.

Horseshit, and we've gone over this before. You continue to maintain that all entertainment is solely for the purpose of making money. There's artistry involved in wrestling Sly.

And I showed why indy wrestling is of lesser quality. What's the problem?

But you didn't. You just stated your opinion. That's nice, but it's an opinion. Choose to believe what you want.

Sure there is. If something is entertaining, people will pay to watch it. Not only is it possible, it's actually quite simple.

People are entertained by different things. Tell me we aren't going to argue about this Sly. What entertains you may not entertain another person. What makes your opinion more valuable? Nothing. ITS---YOUR----OPINION.

How was I acting superior? Is now professing a desire to watch high caliber wrestling "act(ing) superior"?

You act superior by acting as though anyone who enjoys indy wrestling is a fucking idiot. Sorry Sly, but that's just offensive. I find different things to be entertaining than you. I don't give a shit if you think it's inferior or not.

It's about what entertains us, and good wrestling entertains me. It's a shame not everyone has the same standards. If they did, the overall wrestling product might be significantly better.

Such bullshit I can't believe you can even stand to type it out with a straight face. Continue with your elitism.

Right. You care about enjoying inferior wrestling, and not demanding better quality, thus hurting the overall product. Congratulations, I hope you are happy.

I cannot believe this horseshit you're saying Sly. I seriously hope you're joking, otherwise you're a moron. You enjoy one thing, I enjoy another, doesn't make you "better" because of it, and if you try to argue that, I'm not even going to bother replying because what your saying is so stupid and egotistical that it'd be put to better use as laughing material on a rainy day than serious discussion.

Who said anything about angles and storylines? I'm talking about the actual in-ring work. Get with the program xfear.

Which is perfectly fine.

This is false. I don't like inferior wrestling. If a promotion could put on good wrestling, then I would like it, regardless of its stature in pro wrestling.

It just so happens all indy wrestling is sucky wrestling right now.

So now it's elitist to call shit wrestling shit, and to demand a higher caliber performance?

I'm not even going to bother replying to each statement you make, because each is more laughable than the previous it's just not worth it.

Congrations Sly, you have a fucking OPINION. Other people have DIFFERENT opinions. That's how the world works. We (including I) don't give two fucks if you think it's inferior wrestling Sly. Stop acting so smug. And yes, acting like you're better than someone because of what fucking fake fighting promotion you watch is being smug.

Respond if you want, I probably won't reply, because the bullshit you're spewing isn't even worth bothering with any further.

It sure is not. Unless you can show me some mathematic equation that proves this, no Sly, it's an opinion. Nowhere has that been "proven".
It's not proven that fans won't pay for an entertaining show? It hasn't been proven that the more entertaining show will always draw more money over an extended period of time?

Have you already forgotten the Monday Night Wars? Never could you see this principle as clearly as you could then. When WCW was hot, it was the more entertaining show, and so people paid to see it and the WWF almost went out of business. When the momentum switched to the WWF, they were the more entertaining show and WCW DID go out of business.

That most certainly has been proven.

Horseshit, and we've gone over this before. You continue to maintain that all entertainment is solely for the purpose of making money. There's artistry involved in wrestling Sly.
And the artistry is about entertaining fans. And as I've proven many times, fans don't pay for things that aren't entertaining.

But you didn't. You just stated your opinion. That's nice, but it's an opinion. Choose to believe what you want.
Sure I did. I proved it was inferior by showing how it doesn't draw, and I explained why it doesn't draw. What more can I do for you?

People are entertained by different things. Tell me we aren't going to argue about this Sly. What entertains you may not entertain another person. What makes your opinion more valuable? Nothing. ITS---YOUR----OPINION.
I agree people are entertained by different things. Some, like me, are entertained by quality wrestling. Some, like you apparently, are more easily entertained by shitty wrestling.

Just because you are entertained by it, doesn't change the fact it is shitty. Just because I like the Atlanta Braves, that doesn't mean they are a good baseball team.

You act superior by acting as though anyone who enjoys indy wrestling is a fucking idiot.
Well....

Sorry Sly, but that's just offensive. I find different things to be entertaining than you. I don't give a shit if you think it's inferior or not.
But when you endorse inferior work, then EVERYONE suffers. It's like the smoker telling everyone it's his choice to smoke, when in reality secondhand smoke is actually a danger to me as well.

Your endorsing poor wrestling eventually causes a decline in wrestling overall.

Such bullshit I can't believe you can even stand to type it out with a straight face. Continue with your elitism.
It's not elitism, when just about every worker who has had success in the business has said the same thing. Many guys today don't know how to work a match, they just use fancy moves and a fast pace to try and distract fans from the fact that they don't know how to work.

It's not elitism, it's a problem. And a problem that fans like you only help to spread.

I cannot believe this horseshit you're saying Sly. I seriously hope you're joking, otherwise you're a moron. You enjoy one thing, I enjoy another, doesn't make you "better" because of it, and if you try to argue that, I'm not even going to bother replying because what your saying is so stupid and egotistical that it'd be put to better use as laughing material on a rainy day than serious discussion.
I find it sad that wrestling fans such as yourself DON'T hold these indy promotions up to a higher standard. Ask anyone who worked in the business before the mid 1990s, and they'll ALL tell you roughly the same thing; about how wrestling is about the working the crowd, drawing the crowd in to the match, taking them up on a high, and then gently bringing them down before you build them back up again. Wrestling is about making the fans emotionally invested in the characters in the match. THAT is what wrestling is about, and THAT is what people pay to see on a grand scale.

It's not horseshit, it's the truth, and ANY of the greats of wrestling will tell you the same thing, as will most who started before the mid 1990s.

I'm not even going to bother replying to each statement you make, because each is more laughable than the previous it's just not worth it.
If it is so laughable, then how come the two most recognizable indy promotions are ROH, a company which is walking a tightrope of possible bankruptcy, and CZW, a company which endorses the use of lightbulbs and weedwhackers?

The fact of the matter is I'm NOT wrong, and you know it.

Congrations Sly, you have a fucking OPINION. Other people have DIFFERENT opinions. That's how the world works. We (including I) don't give two fucks if you think it's inferior wrestling Sly. Stop acting so smug.
That's great you have an opinion. I'm sure someone out there has the opinion that Mario Mendoza was a better hitter than Ted Williams. Doesn't change the fact that they, and you, are wrong.

And yes, acting like you're better than someone because of what fucking fake fighting promotion you watch is being smug.
And what do you call acting like you're better than someone because you watch inferior fake fighting?

now Sly you know what you have brought up here. The Concept of Monopoly. Or more accuratly with Wrestling a Duopoly with one side of the market cornered by the biggest company that promotes wrestling in the world. Ask Joe Bloggs on the street about Ring of Honor and they will not have heard of it. Ask them about the WWE and/or the WWF and you will get a completely different answer. Financial backing is a big part of being what you call popular, as far as I know Ring of Honor doesn't put millions of dollars into a marketing budget. Thereby meaning that saying that someone is bigger is a way of saying that they are better. Wrestling as it is right now is a pool that is dominated by one extremely large fish with a not as large fish there as well in TNA. They have the market cornered. Ring of Honor is on TV in such a way that if they poured money into the marketing of it they could get bigger. unfortunately as you have said they are walking a tightrope of not going bankrupt so the money is not there to expand that possibility right now.

I don't think Indy Wresting>Mainstream. But I do think PWG and Chikara are booked way better then TNA, and have better wresting by far. I also think PWG and Chikara are booked better then Raw.

Elitist? Check.
Instigator? Check.
Mainstream hag? Check.
All around numskull? Check.

Oh, and I would've mentioned TROLL, but that's obvious. Don't let pricks like this get to you; I thought the Ring of Honor pricks on their boards took wrestling too serious and were a bunch of sticks in the proverbial rear end, but this guy takes the cake and I had to register just to say it.

Cena makes money and entertains the fans therefore he is a good wrestler? No. That makes him a good worker. Workers/preformers and wrestlers are different you see. This is not to say Cena isn't a wrestler, he preforms the act of wrestling so he is a wrestler...just a very average one. Cena's ring psychology is pretty pathetically weak, btw. He's carried in every single high-profile match that he is put in and all his dialogue is written for him.

He is a good performer though, I'll give you that. And he seems like a pretty good guy as well, but that's only from what I hear and see outside of wrestling.

Oh and when you said CZW was the second biggest Indy I almost fell over laughing, it was almost as funny as when you said ROH was tightroping (which isn't a word or phrase, btw) bankruptcy. CZW hasn't been relevant in Indy wrestling since I don't know...2006! Just as I thought. You hear people like Al Snow and such bitch about these things, copy it, and then use it to troll boards without actually watching the Indy products.

You seem a pretty intelligible guy. Not a smart wrestling fan, no. But, intelligible. Intelligible enough to hear something and then type it on a forum to people who have already said they think Indy wrestling is a better source of entertainment for whatever individual reasons. Kid, I'll give you some advice, because you're seriously in need of it. Stop acting like you know something. You don't. You're not a professional wrestler and if you think any wrestler would say that sort of shit to a fan then you're a joke. Wrestlers would never take food off of another's table just because they don't agree with the type of wrestling that they put on.

Oh, and if Indy wrestling is such bad quality, why is it that every time I show someone a good Indy match, yeah a good one, not the spotfests that you seem to think every Indy match is, they seem to prefer it largely over things they've seen on the WWE? Hm. Reading your posts give me headaches and I just stumbled upon this site, I can imagine how bad it must've been for those who have been around since 2007. My condolences go out to you all.

Click for quality wrestling.

I don't think Indy wrestling is "better" than mainstream wrestling, it's just different. Depending on what your definition of pro wrestling is, you can't judge what is better quality. While someone may watch wrestling for one reason, others may watch it for a completely different reason. In the end, it all comes down to what you prefer.

Obvioulsy more people enjoy mainstream wrestling, but with recent developments such as ROH's TV show, it shows that the Indy crowd is more than relevant.

I love indy wrestling.

IMO, it is way better than the shit on tv.

I just think of indy wrestling as being unpredictable. In WWE, you can expect the same shit every week. In the indies anything can happen. Plus, fans are way more involved in indy shows. Oh and best way to stock up on some good wrestling dvd's.

ROH is by far my favourite promotion, and the independents are incredible, ROH has a high standard of talent, of young athletes putting everything on the line, every match is the best that the two athletes can give you and is unpredictable. After a few years of watching WWE it became incredibly unshocking, every match could be predicted easily and every spot. ROH surprises me all the time and every match has me on edge. ROH creates the stars of the future and in my opinion far outshines WWE or TNA every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back